Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 595060 times)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Some have praised Hummels before.  In so many times I have watched him,  poor.  Fact,  Dortmund defense is poor.
You can expect them to leak goals in most games.

1st goal,  Hummel was day dreaming while schemmler was tryin hard.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Does anyone have a gif of that Nevan Subotic save off the line? Fuck me that was almost as good as a goal.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
happy for bayern, only because they really deserved it last year

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Well Done, Bayern Munich. Enjoy your own trophy.

Welcome to the club.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
Feel sorry for Dortmund. They were the better team for large parts of the game, but were undone by some hideous defending. Some of the theatrics and diving by some of the Bayern players like Ribery throughout the match were uncalled for.
I just hope Dortmund's team isn't ripped apart now. You lot deserve a CL trophy, cracking game and kudos to you, never hid under the post to the prospect of the team that beat Barcelona 7-0.

Gündogan
Subotic
Weidenfeller
Reus

Raise your head and fight next season. Reclaim the BL and win the CL.
Absolutely heartbroken for Dortmund. Everything about the club, the fans, the players and Klopp oozes class.

However ultimately I think Bayern deserved it, especially after last years travesty this was written for them to lay that ghost to rest and to not to go down as chokers but as a great team which they truly are.

Dortmund will eventually have their day. Brilliant manager and players and hopefully they'll lift it next season. Their fans deserve it.
All good post.

Thanks to everyone that contributed, pleasure as always.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:42:50 pm by exino »
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline Seveofthekop

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Well Done, Bayern Munich. Enjoy your own trophy.

Welcome to the club.

They've had their own trophy since 1976, after they won three in a row, they need to win the next two, or another three to get another to keep

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
What is it with May 25, and teams in red winning it five times?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Does anyone have a gif of that Nevan Subotic save off the line? Fuck me that was almost as good as a goal.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Surely it was easier to shoot rather than pass across..

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Ribery one was a yellow card, Dante Should had been off.

Lewandowski should be off too but nobody seems to mention it.

Ribery could've gone, Dante two yellows = gone and if you're gonna give me Lewandowski for a red I raise you a Boateng two footed jump-in that landed on Lewandowski's foot in the first place, could also be a red.

Anyway, good final, pity about the result and Bayern falling all over the fucking place - Dortmund should've just carried on instead of keep kicking the ball out, they soon get on their feet. Fuck me, Ribery was on his ass so often I'm gonna call him Cinders from now on, seeing as he's playing in glass fucking slippers.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
Watching Martinez in CL this season, I caught myself thinking that Barca should have broken the bank for him, and not the likes of Cesc and Alexis. Barca were strongly interested, I think there was a 25 million euro offer, but we should have done a Bayern and bought him out. Though again, I think that clause only applied to foreign clubs.

But again, I am afraid Barca coaches would have played Martinez in defense. He is not bad there, but that would have been a waste.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Hummels and Subotic are two exceptional centre-backs, specially Hummels, but neither are quick on the turn so it was suicidal how high they tried to press on the second half against two of the fastest and more talented wingers on the world, especially since Schmelzer was proper shit and Bender was exhausted after the first half.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
Hir hir! Ye have failed Monsieur Bond! Now ye shall face my henchmen! Engard! [/i]

He could also be a proper Quasimodo in a The Hunchback of Notre-Dame movie with Angelina Jolie as Esmeralda and Brad Pitt as Phoebus.

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
Hummels at the center of both Bayern goals
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Watching Martinez in CL this season, I caught myself thinking that Barca should have broken the bank for him

Never mind them, we should've signed him instead of Aquilani. Things may of be slightly different if we had.

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
Will we ever see another final?

An immensely enjoyable European final followed by a melancholy come down.

Stussy, where is this doubt coming from? With that attitude we wont - of course we will! ;)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Re:2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München v Borussia Dortmund
« Reply #14136 on: May 26, 2013, 09:40:25 am »
Brilliant game last night, best final in a few years..

Was disappointed Dortmund didn't win it.....but they've done themselves credit.

Ribery is a shithouse.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never mind them, we should've signed him instead of Aquilani. Things may of be slightly different if we had.

Yeah I remember the outcry from our fans who were screaming for Martinez back in summer 2009  ::)

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14138 on: May 26, 2013, 10:32:08 am »
I am the only one to think it wasn't the best final for a while? Both of our Milan finals and both Man U-Barca finals were better

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
What how can you call the Man utd barca finals better? Weren't even  balanced games all one way traffic.  Has to be the best final in years both sides had plenty of chances and the tempo was great.

Offline simply_red

• Holding back the tears. Of negativity. Utter negativity.
  • Kopite
Re: .
« Reply #14140 on: May 26, 2013, 10:40:21 am »
I am the only one to think it wasn't the best final for a while? Both of our Milan finals and both Man U-Barca finals were better

the one from 2007 wasn't better in my opinion with Milan defending all the game and biting in the right moments. It was however more balanced than BvB - Bayern.
kopblocks.com

FSG out.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
Brilliant final. Nice to see two teams really going for it. Gundogan and Martinez were impressive.

One thing that bugged me tho, was the amount of corporate tickets. In the dortmund end the lowest tier and the top tier were all yellow, but then the middle tier were neutral becuase of corporate tickets and boxes, it really annoys the fuck out of me.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
;D haha cheers mate yeah it was boss but felt gutted for the Dortmund boys, once the pen went in the noise was amazing and I thought it might be their night. Was surprised Klopp didn't change it sooner when Bayern were starting to look stronger and Dortmund were making mistakes and giving the ball away too cheaply. But full credit to them for giving the best team in Europe a serious run for their money.
Gutted myself for Dortmund, so wanted them to win. Atmos sounded and looked brilliant. Both sets of fans did themselves and the event proud. Did you bevvy with them before the game? They looked like they we're all in a party mood. ;D

One more question mate - did the Dortmund fans sing YNWA at the end?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

our game in 2007 was a poor game

we lost from a bad mistake at the end of the first half

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Yeah I remember the outcry from our fans who were screaming for Martinez back in summer 2009  ::)

Haha. I actually do remember him being touted as a player we should be bringing in way back when.

Feel sorry for Dortmund. Was a little surprised that Bayern finished so much more strongly than Dortmund but they're a superb team right now and Dortmund pushed them as close as anyone has done recently. Credit to them. Was a good game to watch too.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
Good final, so many class players on display, enjoyed the performances of martinez, gundogan, reus and alaba especially. Alaba has to be up there now with the best full backs, one that combines attacking and defensive class it seems.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
Reus or some of the polish players kicked on the Head of Boateng (?) in the first half - no card

Lewandowski 100% a read card - no discussion about this
I think it was Lewandowski and I believe that it was an accident. His boot caught him in the face, didn't it? It looked unintentional to me. But the stamp on the other hand was a red card.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
Football hipsters around the world mourn Dortmund's loss to the evil Reich.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Good final, so many class players on display, enjoyed the performances of martinez, gundogan, reus and alaba especially. Alaba has to be up there now with the best full backs, one that combines attacking and defensive class it seems.

Gundogan started the game brightly but I think his performance dropped afterwards just like the whole Dortmund team more or less.

Dortmund was really good in the first half but during the second one, they stayed back a lot and couldn't even hit on the counter. Maybe they got tired.
Lewandowski was all alone up front, completely isolated with no help from Reus and Kuba.

Damn shame for Dortmund, I was rooting for them but I expected Bayern to win that game. They did it, congrats etc. Should have played with ten men though after the penalty.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That´s the way it is, I guess this makes me a hipster now.. ;)

Seriously, this game showed all the strength and limitations of german football at it´s best. Endless discipline, organisation and power together with an outstanding goalkeeper. But at the end, it was the individual class of three foreign star players which made the difference: Robben, Ribery and Martinez.

My heart was in the Dortmund camp, to me they were the better team, but on the top level it´s always the indivual quality making the difference between winning and losing. Reus was good but he was on his own in this one. Lewandowski tried hard to not damage his next club, pathetic performance really.

Klopp is a mental nutter but probably on his way to become the best manager in the world.

Overall great game but still a suprise to me how MUCH the individual class of a single player stood out in this storm of power and organisation. At the end it´s still a game and to me creativity the most important spirit in all this.

On the other hand, Dante should have been sent off so it was probably the refs again deciding, who knows..

After all, I am absolutely sure that Bayern overplayed their desire to dominate german football on all costs, the transfers of Goetze and Lewandowski, together with the upcoming court hearing could turn the overall mood towards Bayern in a way they won´t expect.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:48:54 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
Hummels reminds me slightly of the old David Luiz; doesn't seem to enjoy defending as much as attacking which is never a good sign. Couldn't believe he stepped out on the first goal; just do your job and defend and you either stop Robben or Schmelzer stops Mandzukic as he wouldn't have needed to protect the goal. Didn't cover himself in glory on the second either and got caught out first half by Robben twice. Could be a top defender when he matures but thought he was very poor last night.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hummels reminds me slightly of the old David Luiz; doesn't seem to enjoy defending as much as attacking which is never a good sign. Couldn't believe he stepped out on the first goal; just do your job and defend and you either stop Robben or Schmelzer stops Mandzukic as he wouldn't have needed to protect the goal. Didn't cover himself in glory on the second either and got caught out first half by Robben twice. Could be a top defender when he matures but thought he was very poor last night.

Second that. Hummels doesnt´show enough discipline for a central defending. The second goal shouldn´t happen on that level but it´s not the first time his risky game did cost his team. I seriously thought that him being out with this injury would have helped Dortmund.

That´s why they bought Sokratis from Bremen, no nonsense defender.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
All of this hipster rubbish is boring already. I don’t know why every game has to be seen as good vs. evil. It’s pretty sad. It was nice for me personally to watch a match last night and not have to worry about who won. Oh and before any sad sack starts, I don’t care if Bayern leveled with us. They’ve been to enough finals and should have won a couple more Champions League trophies if I’m honest.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
FKW spotted last night at my hotel
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
That´s the way it is, I guess this makes me a hipster now.. ;)

Seriously, this game showed all the strength and limitations of german football at it´s best. Endless discipline, organisation and power together with an outstanding goalkeeper. But at the end, it was the individual class of three foreign star players which made the difference: Robben, Ribery and Martinez.

My heart was in the Dortmund camp, to me they were the better team, but on the top level it´s always the indivual quality making the difference between winning and losing. Reus was good but he was on his own in this one. Lewandowski tried hard to not damage his next club, pathetic performance really.

Have to say I was disappointed Klopp didn't look to make a change n the last 15 minutes. Dortmund were knackered and they never really built ,much momentum after the equaliser (may have been different if Dante had seen red, mind you) having expended so much energy in the first hour or so of the game.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
FKW spotted last night at my hotel
Joe Hart a dortmund fan then?!?!

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
Looking round social media in the aftermath of last night's game, one thing that stood out was the lack of praise being given to Marco Reus. I thought he was absolutely outstanding last night. I know he turned Bayern down last summer, but I'm convinced he'll be the man Bayern go after to replace Ribery. And I'm also guessing it'll be in the same summer he helps Germany to win the World cup in Brazil. Whether they'll get him is another question.

I'm trying to remember the last time I can remember seeing such a versatile player, that looks like the best player on the pitch in almost any position he plays. The thing that separates him from Ribery is his courage IMO. He never stops fighting, and he never fails to show up in the biggest of games. Some of the things he was doing last night were unspeakably brilliant. He's mastered that ability to deftly turn a dropping ball round either corner past his marker. I hope someone makes a player video of his performance last night, because it deserves it.

Germany to win the World cup, and Marco Reus player of the tournament. Heard it here first.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched the whole game today, missed it yesterday due to a concert. It was an excellent game to watch and it must be a killer to lose like that, but Bayern deserved the win by the end and at the end illustrated their quality, excellence and most importantly their unwavering belief that is oozing from them at the moment. Dortmund should be given lots of credit though for just about clinging on for so long, but in the 2nd half there was always only going to be one winner.

Bayern will take some stopping next season, unless Guardiola tries to change them completely. As for Dortmund, clearly they are a top side but losing and then replacing top players isn't easy to do.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
Aye, Hummels had a very poor game honestly. And a very poor season, too.
It really did seem like Reus was on his own up front last night. At the heart of everything Dortmund did that worked. They really missed Gotze. Hopefully they get some good players in to help Reus.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:47:27 pm by Ryba »