Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 595151 times)

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Happy for Robben, deserved to win  it finally.

And Javi Martinez is criminally underrated, he's fucking boss

I had actually warmed to him after the Barca games and then he spent tonight throwing elbows and rolling around on the ground. Hated seeing him get the winner.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
I don't, I prefer how it used to be presented back in the old days. Think back to the iconic images of Emlyn, Thommo and Souness holding that cup aloft all those years back. That's how it should be presented.

Just because it was associated with good memories doesn't mean it's the best way though. Think back to 2005 too.

Plus back in the 70s/80s, don't think there were so many self-serving bureaucratic tossers getting in on the act like there are these days....

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
A few heads would explode here if you had to listen to the boys in the RTE studio.

What did they say, go on...
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
oooh Southgate's dropped a clanger there?

how so?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Guardiola vs C U N T (most likely) next season! Will be shit!
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Would have funny if Klopp had won the champions league

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely heartbroken for Dortmund. Everything about the club, the fans, the players and Klopp oozes class.

However ultimately I think Bayern deserved it, especially after last years travesty this was written for them to lay that ghost to rest and to not to go down as chokers but as a great team which they truly are.

Dortmund will eventually have their day. Brilliant manager and players and hopefully they'll lift it next season. Their fans deserve it.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
A few heads would explode here if you had to listen to the boys in the RTE studio.

Just had to turn it away. Dunphy would drive you mad. He just says the opposite of what is true. How he can say Bayern didn't deserve that over the course of the season is beyond me.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
What did they say, go on...

Right, mostly Dunphy talking out his arse. Both these teams are overhyped, overrated. The final itself was a terrible game of football. Ferguson will be kicking himself because United are better than both these teams, Moyes is at home now licking his lips.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I can honestly say that after our final in Istanbul in '05, this has been the other best one since the competition turned to its current format.

Great football, a wonderful spectacle to watch, and an absolute pleasure to wintess. It had everything (nearly), including probably the one best piece of defending I've witnessed in a very long time. Congratulations to Bayern, they deserved it. I'm off to get smashed,  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Fucking hell the dumbest thing I've ever seen a pundit say. Southgate :lmao

http://youtu.be/RqO3NwX5tDc
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
Great BvB fans and players. Stayed even after Bayern lifted the trophy.

A tough thing to ask Mourinho and C.Ronaldo, or even Barca with their sprinklers.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Right, mostly Dunphy talking out his arse. Both these teams are overhyped, overrated. The final itself was a terrible game of football. Ferguson will be kicking himself because United are better than both these teams, Moyes is at home now licking his lips.

Haha, so just the complete opposite of the truth then...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Just because it was associated with good memories doesn't mean it's the best way though. Think back to 2005 too.

Plus back in the 70s/80s, don't think there were so many self-serving bureaucratic tossers getting in on the act like there are these days....

Sorry mate. It's just my preference. I loved how it used to be in the old days when the captain held the cup aloft first and then the cup got passed all the way down the line. Call me old fashioned or whatever but, that's just the way I liked it.

Fuck Platini, he'd still find a way to get in the way even if they presented it 2005 style.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:15:14 pm by Mr Rossi »

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
Really enjoyed that, congrats bayern.  Both teams put premier league football to shame with their technical ability, think I'll start following the bundesliga next season  :)

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Guardiola vs Mourinho (most likely) next season! Could be fun

SuperCup is a pointless match, probably made interesting by the two appointments, which says it all really.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Souness is right.

Ribery and Dante should've been sent off.

Still think Bayern were the better side though.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopps reaction to Hummels clearly the line was beautiful. Such a passionate man and really one of the team.

Reacted similarly each time Weidenfeller made a save of his defenders made a clearance.

Hes so pumped up and is literally out there playing with the players its amazing to watch.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
yeah just cut Klopp off, Gareth pissing Southgate has some pearls of wisdom to impart
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
ITV are just horrendous.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
Would've been interesting to see how it would've panned out had Goetze been fit.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
I feel the pain of our absence from this competition like a knife in my soul
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
I feel the pain of our absence from this competition like a knife in my soul

thats deep

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Looks like Boateng is being a knob...

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner

They'd all lumped on Dortmund obviously, so hilariously annoyed it was hilarious.

They won't dominate, well except their third final in a few years but yeah...   
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wi0XuUQkxL8
Well subotic had his reason, i remember the penalty he got at that match wasn't a penalty and he dived

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Genuinely gutted for Dortmund, hope this isn't the start of a downward spiral with Goetze and inevitably Lewandowski leaving.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did he dive to win it? Wouldn't be surprised...

Not sure (wouldn't be surprised), but it would still explain the animosity.

Offline Redaldinho

• Kopite
rofl fail

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
Pep goes in with a bit of pressure now!

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
rofl fail

I'm getting too old for this shit.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
How many European Cups would Bayern have if all their final defeats were wins instead?

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
From a romantic point of view, Klopp will succesfully replace Götze and Lewandowski to be here again next year. From a realist point of view, it will be a downward spiral for them now. If not chaotic, then at least like that of the Schalke that got to Semis in 2011.

Such a shame. This squad and this manager deserved it. But at the end of the day, the clearest options were from Bayern, and they did beat Barcelona and Juventus. Dortmund winning it would've been a bit more heart than brawns.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
Souness is right.

Ribery and Dante should've been sent off.

Still think Bayern were the better side though.

Ref totally bottled the decision for Dante. Should've been a yellow minimum, he pretty much kicked him in the stomach ffs.

Fair play to Bayern though overall. 3 finals in 5 years now and they topped their group and just swept past Juventus and Barcelona. Apart from the second leg against Arsenal they have been imperious in the knockout phase.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:39:20 pm by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3