Author Topic: Cardiff City  (Read 19119 times)

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
Cardiff City
« on: August 28, 2013, 02:50:02 pm »
CARDIFF CITY

Cardiff City - Cardiff City Stadium
Website - www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk
Unofficial Sites:
Cardiff City Mad
Vital Bluebirds

Fixtures 2013-14

Address: Cardiff City FC, Cardiff City Stadium, Leckwith Road, Cardiff, CF11 8AZ
Telephone: 0845 365 1115
Fax: 0845 365 1116
Ticket Office: 0845 345 1400
Capacity: 26,828
Away end: 1,800

DIRECTIONS & PARKING
For a street map of the area & the ground click here

By Road
To avoid driving through the centre of Cardiff, leave the M4 at junction 33 and take the A4232 towards Cardiff/Barry. Keep on the A4232 towards Cardiff and then leave the dual carriageway at the B4267 exit. At the end of the slip road, turn left at the roundabout, signposted 'Cardiff International Athletics Stadium'. The stadium is situated a short distance down this road on the right. Please note that parking in the nearby retail park is limited to 90 minutes as is being enforced. Also be sure also to park your car properly, as traffic wardens are out in force on matchdays.

By Rail
The nearest train station is Ninian Park Halt, which is only a five minute walk from the stadium. This station is on a local line (city line-direction Radyr) which is served by trains from Cardiff Central, which run every thirty minutes on Saturday afternoons. On leaving Ninian Park Halt station proceed along Leckwith Road and you will see the new stadium over on your left. Alternatively if you are an away fan turn left into Sloper Rd and then turn right into the protected compound at HSS Plant Hire, which leads to the away turnstiles.

Thoughts:
Away fans are located in one corner of the stadium, between the Ninian & Grange stands. Up to 1,800 fans can be accommodated in this area. The Club operate automatic turnstiles, where you have to put your ticket (which has a bar code on it) into a slot reader, which then allows the turnstiles to admit you. The view of the playing action and facilities are good. The acoustics are also good, with the stadium having a loud p.a. system. The concourses are spacious, have televisions to keep you entertained and serve the usual food and alcohol. Food on offer includes various Pies (including the Chicken Balti pie £2.90), Cheeseburgers (£3.30), Hot Dogs (£3.10) and Chips (£2.50).

Inside the stadium away fans are kept separate from home fans, by an area of 'no mans land' to each side. Whilst outside there is a fenced in compound, which is also used to accommodate the away coaches, but again keeps fans separated after the game has finished which should avoid most problems.

Pub Guide and extras
There are no bars in the close vicinity to the stadium. The old Ninian Park supporters tend to use the pubs they did previously, most of which can be quite intimidating for away supporters and are not recommended.

One suggestion is the Gol Centre on Lawrenny Avenue (off Leckwith Road) which has amongst other facilities a bar. It is a 5-a-side centre located about an eight minute walk from Cardiff City Stadium. They charge £4 to park at the centre but this is returned to customers in the form of a bar voucher which can be used against purchases of hot dogs, alcoholic and soft drinks, tea and coffee and confectionery. Further along Lawrenny Avenue is the Canton Rugby Football Club, which has a bar, large screen television showing Sky Sports and also offers free parking.

Otherwise it is probably best to drink in the city centre and then go up to the stadium. Alcohol is also available inside the ground in the form of Fosters, Strongbow and the local Brains SA Smooth Bitter, all at £3 per pint.

Away Fans:

Adult - £40
Over 65s & Under 21s - £25
Wheelchair & PA - 20 places for disabled supporters. Contact the club for ticket prices.

Stadium Plan

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:48:43 pm by Barney_Rubble »
87:13

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
Re: Cardiff City
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 06:42:49 pm »
Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm based in Cardiff so if anyone has any questions about facilities, pubs, transport etc, give me a shout  :wave
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2019, 03:56:06 pm »
Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm based in Cardiff so if anyone has any questions about facilities, pubs, transport etc, give me a shout  :wave
Going by car for this one.  Any details on car parking would be useful? Cheers.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2019, 11:57:50 am »
There is one of those Gol/Powerleague places not far from the ground which i think offer parking

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 12:43:59 pm »
Going by car for this one.  Any details on car parking would be useful? Cheers.
Do you want to park close to the ground or where you can get a quick get away after the match?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 12:51:56 pm »
Do you want to park close to the ground or where you can get a quick get away after the match?

Personally, within a 15/20 mins walk or similar would be OK if that means a fairly swift getaway.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 06:01:33 pm »
Personally, within a 15/20 mins walk or similar would be OK if that means a fairly swift getaway.
If you look at the stadium on Google maps, you can see it's right next to the A4232 which takes you to the M4, but obviously, all the traffic from the stadium will be in the queue to get on the slipway to that carriageway. I've been to the stadium about 2 hours before kick off at the CCS before and the car park's been completely empty, so you could turn up early and get a good spot right by the exit?
It's actually a toss up between getting a good spot close to the stadium for a short getaway but in the inevitable queue, or parking a bit further afield to avoid the queue.

You could park on a residential street in Canton just off Cowbridge Road and go to the M4 via Western Avenue (the A48). Just be aware that Canton is where a lot of the Cardiff fans go drinking pre and post-match!

Avoid Sloper Road and Leckwith Road, cause they'll be full of fans walking away from the stadium for a good half and hour after full time.

I'll be going to this game myself, but I've got a hotel for the night so my only worries will be which pub will be Liverpool-friendly post match!
Stan Laurel

Offline James55

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 06:23:04 pm »
If you look at the stadium on Google maps, you can see it's right next to the A4232 which takes you to the M4, but obviously, all the traffic from the stadium will be in the queue to get on the slipway to that carriageway. I've been to the stadium about 2 hours before kick off at the CCS before and the car park's been completely empty, so you could turn up early and get a good spot right by the exit?
It's actually a toss up between getting a good spot close to the stadium for a short getaway but in the inevitable queue, or parking a bit further afield to avoid the queue.

You could park on a residential street in Canton just off Cowbridge Road and go to the M4 via Western Avenue (the A48). Just be aware that Canton is where a lot of the Cardiff fans go drinking pre and post-match!

Avoid Sloper Road and Leckwith Road, cause they'll be full of fans walking away from the stadium for a good half and hour after full time.

I'll be going to this game myself, but I've got a hotel for the night so my only worries will be which pub will be Liverpool-friendly post match!
Any of the pubs are fine going by last time

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 06:30:35 pm »
Any of the pubs are fine going by last time
Any specific pub our lot will be going to before and after?
Stan Laurel

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 07:14:09 pm »

Cheers! We've got a hotel too but for the Saturday night as I'm working on the Monday.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 09:50:29 pm »
Any specific pub our lot will be going to before and after?

i am wondering that? Our lot talking about the City Arms but that is miles away!

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 09:14:53 pm »
i am wondering that? Our lot talking about the City Arms but that is miles away!

City arms is a Cardiff City pub, generally speaking, but I'm wondering too where most people will be heading.

I'd guess at the Prince of Wales given it's right next to the station
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 11:49:13 pm »
City arms is a Cardiff City pub, generally speaking, but I'm wondering too where most people will be heading.

I'd guess at the Prince of Wales given it's right next to the station
The Cardiff City fans were banned from the City Arms when I lived there, but that was back when the Soul Crew were still active so no idea by now.

My mate said a lot went to Walkabout last time as, just like the Prince, it's close to the station. I'm staying in the Sleepers next door to the station, so I'm going to head into Walkabout to watch the first half of the Man United v Everton game, then head towards the stadium.

Just a reminded that the area in front of the station is currently a massive building site (although I think the new BBC building is finished).
Stan Laurel

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 08:09:57 am »
How long does it take to walk to the ground from town?

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 08:35:43 am »

About 20-30 mins

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 09:30:21 am »

You're much better off taking the train, there's a train station next to the stadium
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski