Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2101304 times)

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #18360 on: July 27, 2021, 02:13:29 pm »
Can't see that being an issue for the coming season with no history being recorded. May be looked on as a credit hunting exercise between groups beyond next season though?

It's pretty clear what the loophole to get around all this is, have burner smart phones of which there is no way of stopping anyone having.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #18361 on: July 27, 2021, 02:16:23 pm »
It's pretty clear what the loophole to get around all this is, have burner smart phones of which there is no way of stopping anyone having.

And I'm sure the random ID checks will catch them out when the ST and Members cards have names on

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18362 on: July 27, 2021, 02:17:06 pm »
Can you download your ticket for the friendlies yet??

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18363 on: July 27, 2021, 02:17:21 pm »
If people are able to read the sales notice that tells them tickets are on sale they're able to read sales notices that tell them they need to register.

Spot on

Given all the emails and news articles, FB/WhatsApp groups, forums like this... you'd have to be living under a rock to miss it

Even more so given sales are always in July and they've not happened yet people will be constantly checking!!!

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18364 on: July 27, 2021, 02:17:46 pm »
Doesnt look like the lads will be getting too warm a reception at the friendlies!

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #18365 on: July 27, 2021, 02:28:40 pm »
Thought there would have been a bigger take up for these friendlies with it being the first chance back for most.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18366 on: July 27, 2021, 02:34:07 pm »
If people are able to read the sales notice that tells them tickets are on sale they're able to read sales notices that tell them they need to register.

Oh I agree but you just know there will be loads claiming they didn't know about it!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18367 on: July 27, 2021, 02:39:08 pm »
Thought there would have been a bigger take up for these friendlies with it being the first chance back for most.

Me too tbf but 80k tickets split into 2 days is a lot, people know the team will be a mixed bag or crap for one of the games, and the seasons back 12 days later for those who go aways and 19 days for the rest

23 is too steep for a friendly imo

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18368 on: July 27, 2021, 02:39:51 pm »
Oh I agree but you just know there will be loads claiming they didn't know about it!

Seen a good dozen+ miss ACS registration...  :butt

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #18369 on: July 27, 2021, 02:49:59 pm »
Me too tbf but 80k tickets split into 2 days is a lot, people know the team will be a mixed bag or crap for one of the games, and the seasons back 12 days later for those who go aways and 19 days for the rest

23 is too steep for a friendly imo

I agree, rather than offering free tickets to juniors 16 and under at the ratio of 3:1, they could’ve offset the price of an adult ticket. So like £18 for adults and £5 for children.

The club were expecting/hoping for a larger uptake with the adults going with children

I’m only going to the first one. I’ll watch the second on lfc tv

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18370 on: July 27, 2021, 02:54:02 pm »
Yeah, but if someone isn't going to their first game until December or something, they shouldn't really have to download it until then.

I  think the 26th is only for ST holders

Ive just tried and the download option is greyed out
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #18371 on: July 27, 2021, 02:55:12 pm »
Is there a specific reason to have them one day after another? Apart from money of course.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18372 on: July 27, 2021, 03:11:08 pm »

I  think the 26th is only for ST holders

Ive just tried and the download option is greyed out

It was the deadline for ST's, members was W/C 26th until the 4th Aug

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18373 on: July 27, 2021, 03:12:36 pm »
Is there a specific reason to have them one day after another? Apart from money of course.

Probs something to do with dates of people returning to training and not being able to have them later before the Norwich game on the Saturday, maybe something with contract dates for club staff too

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18374 on: July 27, 2021, 03:15:05 pm »
I agree, rather than offering free tickets to juniors 16 and under at the ratio of 3:1, they could’ve offset the price of an adult ticket. So like £18 for adults and £5 for children.

The club were expecting/hoping for a larger uptake with the adults going with children

I’m only going to the first one. I’ll watch the second on lfc tv

Bit nuts this was more expensive than watching a competitive game v Shrewsbury

Adults: £15
Over 65s: £11.50
Young adults: £5
Juniors: £1 (within the advertised family sections)
All tickets in the local general sale are priced at £9.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18375 on: July 27, 2021, 03:30:24 pm »
And I'm sure the random ID checks will catch them out when the ST and Members cards have names on

Nothing stopping them just showing their own members card on their own phone when asked which will show their names?  The once download means there'll be no specific match on it from what's been said?

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #18376 on: July 27, 2021, 03:37:08 pm »
after next season if the ticket isn't scanned then, the the credit is lost

I get that but the example given both cards are scanned

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #18377 on: July 27, 2021, 03:53:45 pm »
lets say morning of the game, you're going with you missus/dad/mate whoever, and they get the covid jag or are sick or some last minute cancellation. is it impossible for you to take your bro/mate/kid as a subsitute then if they aint a member/on your f&f list... so you still can go obviously but you have to surrender your other ticket to someone to buy on the day at the ground. sounds crap tha

yep i am quoting myself like a bell... can anyone confirm what happens here, if someone has to cancel last minute? is the ticket essentially lost? tar

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #18378 on: July 27, 2021, 03:54:08 pm »
Friendlies are never really great Sellers although sales will probably pick up next week

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18379 on: July 27, 2021, 03:54:37 pm »
yep i am quoting myself like a bell... can anyone confirm what happens here, if someone has to cancel last minute? is the ticket essentially lost? tar

Yes.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #18380 on: July 27, 2021, 04:09:21 pm »
Yes.

thanks. that is absolutely crap. realising i am about to lose all loyalty (albeit last few seasons i don't deserve it as mate has been maintaining my card whilst i worked away) and now, i am thinking, ok well last chance saloon here, take my wife to see a 'big' game, as my dad's 80 and too frail to go now. but that isn't even an option unless i buy her a poxy £26 membership. ridiculous that :(

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18381 on: July 27, 2021, 04:10:26 pm »
thanks. that is absolutely crap. realising i am about to lose all loyalty (albeit last few seasons i don't deserve it as mate has been maintaining my card whilst i worked away) and now, i am thinking, ok well last chance saloon here, take my wife to see a 'big' game, as my dad's 80 and too frail to go now. but that isn't even an option unless i buy her a poxy £26 membership. ridiculous that :(

You can transfer it to your wife without her buying a membership next season so you can still take her. With respect its not really your loyalty is it?

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #18382 on: July 27, 2021, 04:13:26 pm »
You can transfer it to your wife without her buying a membership next season so you can still take her. With respect its not really your loyalty is it?

you're absolutely right its not my loyalty. but as i can't change the name on my and my dad's members cards to my mate and his young lad who has been using it... my cards are done for arent they. so i thought och i will go once take a trip to libpool and let her experience a socially distanced anfield. to be honest i am gutted for my mate. i should have changed the names when there was that 'amnesty' thing

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18383 on: July 27, 2021, 04:19:24 pm »
you're absolutely right its not my loyalty. but as i can't change the name on my and my dad's members cards to my mate and his young lad who has been using it... my cards are done for arent they. so i thought och i will go once take a trip to libpool and let her experience a socially distanced anfield. to be honest i am gutted for my mate. i should have changed the names when there was that 'amnesty' thing

You can still take her next season, she doesn't need a membership, she just needs to be registered with the club.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #18384 on: July 27, 2021, 04:22:41 pm »
You can still take her next season, she doesn't need a membership, she just needs to be registered with the club.

Thanks for that. I will get her registered.

It looks like this new process might make it easier for day trippers (which I now am) which on the one hand is good- but, it will make it potentially harder for the more regular game goers who may have in the past (as I have been doing the past 3 years) give my cards to friends and fam in order for me to maintain my loyalty now I only go 2/3 times a season. I guess time will tell if it does make getting a ticket any more easy.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18385 on: July 27, 2021, 04:31:17 pm »
So will members still get individual tickets to download game by game? Or will they be downloading a digital members card which is then used multiple times for entry?

The latter could potentially make it harder for touts (although not impossible) and for credit hunting if they make it like season tickets where it can only be downloaded once to one device (unless you call up the club because you got a new phone/ lost your phone). They'll quickly get wise to who is abusing the system when someone has "lost" their phone 19 times a season.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18386 on: July 27, 2021, 04:35:54 pm »
It'll be a digital members card I believe.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18387 on: July 27, 2021, 04:37:46 pm »
I read somewhere that if you get a new phone you have to get the NFC card cancelled and then re-add to your new phone so I assume that means it's only one for the whole season.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #18388 on: July 27, 2021, 04:45:25 pm »
Man this thread is insanely busy with so many questions

I can imagine the club is swamped

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18389 on: July 27, 2021, 04:47:05 pm »
So will members still get individual tickets to download game by game? Or will they be downloading a digital members card which is then used multiple times for entry?

The latter could potentially make it harder for touts (although not impossible) and for credit hunting if they make it like season tickets where it can only be downloaded once to one device (unless you call up the club because you got a new phone/ lost your phone). They'll quickly get wise to who is abusing the system when someone has "lost" their phone 19 times a season.

That's exactly what's happening.

Online ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18390 on: July 27, 2021, 05:26:21 pm »
Man this thread is insanely busy with so many questions

I can imagine the club is swamped

I hope the club staff are reading this. They need to be more clearer with their instructions and cover every eventuality. Not even clearly explained the basics, they’ve only had a year to think about it  ;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18391 on: July 27, 2021, 05:39:56 pm »
For idiots like me:

Say I'm successful in 4 of the ballots for the all member sale and find out on the 2nd August. I then gave 4 guaranteed tickets correct? Do I then have a week to actually buy them at any time? And if so are the seats first come first serve?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline mikey9281

• Kemlynite
« Reply #18392 on: July 27, 2021, 06:08:44 pm »
Looking forward to the friendly on the Monday, as struggled to get tickets last few seasons.

Any thoughts on how they would use the squad will they all make an appearance both days?

My son has not been before and will be keen to see his heroes.

Can’t knock it with the prices, just wondered

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #18393 on: July 27, 2021, 06:23:35 pm »
Looking forward to the friendly on the Monday, as struggled to get tickets last few seasons.

Any thoughts on how they would use the squad will they all make an appearance both days?

No idea, especially with it being less than a week before the season. You’d imagine it would be mix and match on both days so for example you might see Salah but not Mane or you might see VVD but not Konate. You’d feel pretty hard done by if you paid £23 and saw a reserve / u23 team. On the other hand though I’d rather see our likely first 11 play together before Norwich on Saturday evening.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18394 on: July 27, 2021, 06:42:21 pm »

I'd say Monday is likely to be a second string side compared to Sunday

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18395 on: July 27, 2021, 06:51:42 pm »
No idea, especially with it being less than a week before the season. You’d imagine it would be mix and match on both days so for example you might see Salah but not Mane or you might see VVD but not Konate. You’d feel pretty hard done by if you paid £23 and saw a reserve / u23 team. On the other hand though I’d rather see our likely first 11 play together before Norwich on Saturday evening.
from a footballing perspective it doesn't make sense to mix and match, it'll be strongest team one night and the rest the other. Look at the Barca friendly at Wembley and then they played Mainz a day later, granted in a different country so you get some players who play both nights here

Online ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18396 on: July 27, 2021, 06:53:20 pm »
I can see a stronger side on the Sunday only as it’s a longer rest for the players than playing Monday night

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #18397 on: July 27, 2021, 07:41:09 pm »
Can members download their nfc card yet?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18398 on: July 27, 2021, 07:54:25 pm »
Can members download their nfc card yet?
Doesn’t seem like it!!

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18399 on: July 27, 2021, 08:24:22 pm »

Probably a very stupid question but.... if I registered for members tickets for a game for myself and a F&F, can my F&F also register for the same game for themselves and for me? Or is the ballot system capable of working out that we will have registered more than once and stopping the duplicate registration?