Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 427984 times)

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1680 on: March 26, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »
Brentie just a quick question. Have you watched him at any stage at underage level for England ?

I've wached him at the euros last Summer but not since.

Wacthed him a dozen times or so at Sunderland. Based on those games, he's having exactly the sort of season for us as he had for them. Certainly didnt play better last term.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #1681 on: March 26, 2012, 09:46:20 pm »

Wacthed him a dozen times or so at Sunderland. Based on those games, he's having exactly the sort of season for us as he had for them. Certainly didnt play better last term.

Fair enough you have certainly seen as much as I have then if not more. I just find it a little baffling that you don't see a player hiding in the kid somewhere. The recent games I watched for England he ran the show. Best I have seen him play.

He has been a passenger for lots of this season and if people were honest they would admit that. Thing is though he has shown in glimpses he has all the attributes to make a footballer. The boy can shoot, technically is good, good vision stuff that makes a decent footballer. He needs to build on this stuff and impose himself more but working with better coaches/players you would hope that will happen.

Writing a 21 year old kid off who clearly works very hard at his games off the pitch with his base attributes is very silly.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #1682 on: March 26, 2012, 10:02:36 pm »
Wonder did his friend make it  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q7h5EyJltwU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/q7h5EyJltwU</a>

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #1683 on: March 26, 2012, 10:23:38 pm »

So basically you have not seen very much but feel yourself qualified to write him off?

We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1684 on: March 26, 2012, 10:25:30 pm »
Bit silly that with the editing... especially if you compare it to Isaac Cuenca's.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1685 on: March 26, 2012, 10:26:08 pm »
Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't be a regular.

He doesn't have the mindset.

Pretty sure you said the same thing about Lucas(& given your mancrush on Adam who honestly believes you are a good judge of midfielders?).

Offline Saul Goodman

• Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #1686 on: March 26, 2012, 10:26:56 pm »
So basically you have not seen very much but feel yourself qualified to write him off?

I always imagine someone shouting angrily at the computer screen as I read your posts.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: March 26, 2012, 10:28:06 pm »

Seen him loads mate and he won't make it here.

8m tops I would of paid for him and that's paying too much as he was a 5m player in my eyes.

Forget the age - he won't cut it here.

Sunderland fans even booed him at points last season - seriously defend all you want. Pointless and poor buy this.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #1688 on: March 26, 2012, 10:29:27 pm »
Bit silly that with the editing... especially if you compare it to Isaac Cuenca's.

Now that is representing some sick streetball! (I am not even sure I understood what I just said)

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: March 26, 2012, 10:29:45 pm »
I always imagine someone shouting angrily at the computer screen as I read your posts.

To be honest, I'm most giggling

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1690 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:26 pm »
After hours of reading I think I'm ready to write on here.

So on Henderson:
I really rate, because he seems to be an intelligent player with a fine or solid technique.
BUT I think he is low on confidence at the moment and is still somehow overwhelmed with coming to a club like Liverpool.
What also contributes to this is (perception by the fans etc.) that he is not really a typical english player (imho) because he is not that direct or tough but he contributes and I hope (and think) that he will come good.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: March 26, 2012, 10:31:11 pm »

8m tops I would of paid for him and that's paying too much as he was a 5m player in my eyes.

Sunderland fans even booed him at points last season - seriously defend all you want. Pointless and poor buy this.

You seriously have no credibility lad

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #1692 on: March 26, 2012, 10:33:42 pm »
Actually, it is good to see that he is getting exactly the same type abuse by the clueless "fans" like Lucas did couple of years ago. It will force him to mature faster, and the "experts" will have to crawl back under their rocks. I have high hopes for the kid.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1693 on: March 26, 2012, 10:41:04 pm »

Christ you don't half talk some utter, utter shit  fordy.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1694 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:15 pm »
Actually, it is good to see that he is getting exactly the same type abuse by the clueless "fans" like Lucas did couple of years ago. It will force him to mature faster, and the "experts" will have to crawl back under their rocks. I have high hopes for the kid.

The wont crawl back under any rocks if he does turn out to be a good player.

Fordy dismissed Lucas as a joke and was duly proved wrong, here he is doing it again. No lessons learnt.

Henderson might well not become the player I certainly believe he could be, and Fordy and Brentie might be proved right. But there's far too much schadenfreude in their way of thinking and too much desire to nail their colours to the mast for me.

Its uneasy to see a young player rounded upon so readily.

I dunno what happened to the attitude of giving any player a year to adapt, let alone a young lad like Henderson. But hey, that's modern life isn't. Blur were right, its rubbish.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: March 26, 2012, 10:44:07 pm »
Fordy, you clearly don't rate Henderson, so now that you've told us your opinion on him, there's no need to carry on in this thread is there?
Yep.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1696 on: March 26, 2012, 10:45:37 pm »

Seriously mate, you were wrong on Lucas, would have thought that might have embarrassed you into not making brash and unfounded predictions like this again. Not to mention your bizarre hero worship of an older and more limited player in Charlie Adam. It's quite funny how sure you are that you're right actually ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:49:43 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: March 26, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »
Fordy, you clearly don't rate Henderson, so now that you've told us your opinion on him, there's no need to carry on in this thread is there?

Oh there with adam not playing so well and now totally out of the team someone clearly needs to take the heat.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:49:24 pm by Rohit »

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #1698 on: March 26, 2012, 10:50:48 pm »

Fordy dismissed Lucas as a joke and was duly proved wrong, here he is doing it again. No lessons learnt.

Henderson might well not become the player I certainly believe he could be, and Fordy and Brentie might be proved right. But there's far too much schadenfreude in their way of thinking and too much desire to nail their colours to the mast for me.

I dunno what happened to the attitude of giving any player a year to adapt, let alone a young lad like Henderson. But hey, that's modern life isn't. Blur were right, its rubbish.

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less what the clueless "experts" think of Henderson, if he shows the same type of improvement as Lucas in the next 2-3 years. The kid is obviously talented and has a good attitude. I wish we've had more players with the same attributes on our team.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1699 on: March 26, 2012, 10:55:49 pm »

Do you not remember the dogs abuse that insua got on here in rafas last season? 21 year old lad who was pretty much the sum of all our problems according to some.

No patience. Funnily enough, we get no lasting success in the league, the two couldn't be related could they?
Gratitude

Offline Saul Goodman

• Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #1700 on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:55 pm »
I still blame Pepe  ;D Ah the end of the day you have to laugh. I did actually laugh very hard reading the Lucas/Adam/Hendo story!

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1701 on: March 26, 2012, 10:57:40 pm »
I see I'm not the only one been bored of Brentie and Fordy in this thread.

It's not even like there's been any discussion going on here, constructive criticism or willingness to concede some patience.

It's just "I think that Henderson is shit herp derp" over and over again.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1702 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:24 pm »
Do you not remember the dogs abuse that insua got on here in rafas last season? 21 year old lad who was pretty much the sum of all our problems according to some.

No patience. Funnily enough, we get no lasting success in the league, the two couldn't be related could they?

It's chronic.

Our entire support has no foresight.

Cant help but think Jonjo's being set up for one hell of a fall now. People are bigging him up because he's not playing enough to prove them wrong. As soon as he does and he isnt perfect the knives will come out for him as well.

Then Raheem will be built up, only so we can see him fall.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1703 on: March 26, 2012, 11:11:04 pm »
It's chronic.

Cant help but think Jonjo's being set up for one hell of a fall now. People are bigging him up because he's not playing enough to prove them wrong. As soon as he does and he isnt perfect the knives will come out for him as well.

Sadly, you're absolutely right. And I'd add that what happened to Pacheco might happen to Suso, too.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:16 pm »
Cannot believe he's being criticised for reacting badly to abuse from his own teams fans and even worse its been compared to opposition fans abusing another player and fans abusing a 25 year old to justify it

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1705 on: March 26, 2012, 11:19:55 pm »
It's chronic.

Sadly, you're absolutely right. And I'd add that what happened to Pacheco might happen to Suso, too.
Bingo

Whats worse with a lot of the young lads is that the old "if you're good enough, you're old enough" tag gets brought out. Funnily enough now though it only seems to happen when we're on a shite streak of form. What people fail to realise is that 8 mins at the end of a game is different to starting, especially in a team that's playing very poorly. Expectations are higher now for Sterling because of his (and lets be honest here) good 8 mins against wigan than Jonjo. Sterling is slowly turning into our new saviour. It's fine when it's 8 mins, it's different when it's 3 games on the bounce and we're playing poorly.

But no no, throw them in, they'll get us back in the CL and then the league. Seems to be the feeling these days and it does my nut in. Yet a young lad like Henderson whose had to work through playing under steve bruce, and goes to playing under kenny in a new system, with new teammates, away from his home for the first time and he's not even been bad, personally I think he's had a decent first season, could have been better and would have been had everyone else not decided to collectively have an off season since Jan, and he's not even allowed to have a season to bed in. He's got to be sold as he'll never make it here.

It defies belief it really does.
Gratitude

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: March 26, 2012, 11:30:30 pm »
I am unsure of henderson and if anyone is honest the same can be said for many youngsters. We never really know how they are going to develop. I can still remember Gonzales and thought he was going to be immense and i certainly got that wrong. What i do know is we are playing shit and when that happens people look for scapegoats and often that is the new players whoever they may be.

Adam and Downing have been poor and they are not youngsters so deserve more criticism as they are of an age where they are expected to slot in and have the benefit of being played in the position that suits them best whilst hendo for the most part has been played in a role that is not his ideal. He may come on and he may not but it is too early to make a judgement call either way.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35:52 pm »
It's chronic.

jonjo is slightly above average and will be a good squad player, but sterling will definitely not fail. he's already one of our best attacking players and only doesn't get a game because all the other players are so poor. he's actually being held back by the first team.

« Reply #1708 on: March 26, 2012, 11:43:44 pm »
jonjo is slightly above average and will be a good squad player, but sterling will definitely not fail. he's already one of our best attacking players and only doesn't get a game because all the other players are so poor. he's actually being held back by the first team.
Its talk like this that lead to people saying they're shit when they have a bad game. Sterling has only payed a few minutes in the first team and he is already our best player?

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: March 26, 2012, 11:47:30 pm »
jonjo is slightly above average

Actually he's not...far better than average... even a blind man could see it!It doesnt mean he cant fail.. but with his talent and his attitude 'fuck off it's me the boss' ..I'm quite sure he'll wear the armband with Captain on it...
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1710 on: March 27, 2012, 01:01:30 am »
I have a lot of faith in Jonjo and I think Hendo will also come good. Adam OTOH I just can't see how he can give us what we need, ever. Maybe playing out of position/system, I don't know.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: March 27, 2012, 01:35:29 am »
He is 21 years old. You expect him to be Zidane/Ronaldinho/Gerrard? Probably been overplayed and played out of position this season, give him some time will you  :wave
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline Not A Scouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1712 on: March 27, 2012, 02:20:06 am »
I wonder which of our first team players were better than Jordan Henderson at the same age?  Charlie Adam was in his first year in the Rangers team.  Jay Spearing hadn't started a game for Liverpool.  Jamie Carragher was in his first year as a regular starter.  Glen Johnson was a bench player at Chelsea.  Agger just started his Liverpool career.  Lucas was in his second year with Liverpool, getting booed by home fans.  Enrique hadn't even played at Newcastle yet.  Stewart Downing was still at Middlesborough.

Jordan Henderson is doing about as well as most of the starting eleven did at the same age, often better.  As I hope all of you can see, players actually get better over time.  He's enough of an athlete and with enough technical skills to be a starting midfielder at Liverpool for a long time.  He's probably not there at this point, but then all of our experienced midfielders have been injured for substantial amounts of time.

As for mentality, here's Steven Gerrard in his first season  - He made thirteen appearances in his debut season, filling in the midfield position for injured captain Jamie Redknapp[8] and playing on the right wing, but he scarcely contributed in the short on-pitch time he received, due to nervousness affecting his play.[11] Gerrard recalled in a November 2008 interview with The Guardian, "I was out of position and out of my depth." The Liverpool hierarchy nonetheless remained convinced that he would improve.[11] Gerrard saw himself as a defensive player primarily, looking to make key tackles rather than push the team forward.[10]

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: March 27, 2012, 02:32:30 am »
I wonder which of our first team players were better than Jordan Henderson at the same age? 

Well said.

The abuse he receives on here in completely unjustified. He's got all the tools to make it here including an excellent mentality. People writing him off in his first season are going to be forced to eat their words one day...

Offline iiqae

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1714 on: March 27, 2012, 02:34:46 am »
there is only one long-term place for him on the team and that is alongside lucas.

if the management cannot see that and fails to play him in that role consistently, i would rather see jordan and the club part ways.

if the management next year places him alongside lucas in the starting xi consistently and he fails to thrive, i would see justification in giving priority to other players.

until either scenario plays out, my support will always be with him. too many positives i see to feel otherwise.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1715 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:33 am »
JORDAN HENDERSON has delivered a blunt appraisal of his fortunes during his first season at Liverpool, but will not run from the challenge of winning round the sceptics.
Midfielder Henderson said he has been “too safe” in his performances and admitted his form has been “up and down” since his arrival from Sunderland last summer in a £16million deal.
“I’ve done the basics, but when I watch matches back I’ve not shown that cutting edge which I believe that I have got,” said Henderson.

From The Express.

I like that he's come out with that. He is gonna be a great player for us once he settles in and gets used to the expectations.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1716 on: March 27, 2012, 02:51:52 am »
JORDAN HENDERSON has delivered a blunt appraisal of his fortunes during his first season at Liverpool, but will not run from the challenge of winning round the sceptics.
Midfielder Henderson said he has been “too safe” in his performances and admitted his form has been “up and down” since his arrival from Sunderland last summer in a £16million deal.
“I’ve done the basics, but when I watch matches back I’ve not shown that cutting edge which I believe that I have got,” said Henderson.

From The Express.

I like that he's come out with that. He is gonna be a great player for us once he settles in and gets used to the expectations.

Love it.   Fair play Hendo.  Keep plugging away and lets hope Kenny plays you in teh right position.

Offline "Ninja Skrtel"

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1717 on: March 27, 2012, 04:11:57 am »
Yeah great to hear him say that. My impression of his performances too. Obviously has the right attitude and I believe in his ability.
"Behave yourself".

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #1718 on: March 27, 2012, 04:24:12 am »
Love it.   Fair play Hendo.  Keep plugging away and lets hope Kenny plays you in teh right position.

We all know that Henderson's right position isn't the right position  ;)

I'll leave....

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1719 on: March 27, 2012, 04:27:24 am »
Good.  Show us that edge and a bit of aggression.