Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 686018 times)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #11800 on: March 30, 2024, 10:46:54 pm »
These have just gone 12 without a win, a new recored, they are shite as well to be fair
Sure and that's why we need to beat them.

There's only one relegation spot left. Luton maybe if they stop bottling leads can do something but Everton have more experience in these situations. It's surprising to have 8-10 points docked still surviving.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11801 on: March 30, 2024, 11:10:48 pm »
They want Dyche sacked now!! ffs
 :shocked

That's all well and good but the bright sparks over there are not offering any alternatives, oh I have heard Baines mentioned.
 ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11802 on: March 30, 2024, 11:11:25 pm »
They want Dyche sacked now!! ffs
 :shocked

That's all well and good but the bright sparks over there are not offering any alternatives, oh I have heard Baines mentioned.
 ;D
They’ve failed to notice that Dyche is their level now.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11803 on: March 30, 2024, 11:34:09 pm »

Some have twigged that they can't afford to ditch him. Wasn't that why Leicester stuck with Rodgers?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #11804 on: March 31, 2024, 12:29:25 am »
If they sack Dyche (and pay for a new manager and the non-Burnley players they will want to bring in) then they will lose money in 2024 and have even more points taken off them.
Everton eh!
May have to just surround his car and try and frighten him, worked on Gordon
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11805 on: March 31, 2024, 06:02:17 am »
Rumour is it’s 4 points.

A further 4 point deduction would put Everton in the bottom 3, 1 point below Luton & Forest, & their game in hand is against us.
#Sausages

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11806 on: March 31, 2024, 07:47:45 am »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #11807 on: March 31, 2024, 09:31:29 am »
I mean to be fair, Dyche isn't great is he, I think the best they could do is just not have a manager at all, that will solve so many problems for them! It's really forward thinking, they'd be like sooooooo admired by everyone else in the League...wow look what Everton are doing, they are light years ahead of us all.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11808 on: March 31, 2024, 10:50:28 am »
Dyche has now overtaken, or should that be undertaken, Benitez in terms of win percentage with 31.48% - Umm, that's quite bad isn't it? Not however as bad a Lampard with an incredible win percentage of 27.91% after 43 games in charge which is an outstanding performance even by Everton standards. To think he was the 'chosen' one for the fans, although a lot of them are backtracking on that now being the revisionists that they are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Everton_F.C._managers

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11809 on: March 31, 2024, 10:58:39 am »
I mean to be fair, Dyche isn't great is he, I think the best they could do is just not have a manager at all, that will solve so many problems for them! It's really forward thinking, they'd be like sooooooo admired by everyone else in the League...wow look what Everton are doing, they are light years ahead of us all.

Their football is absolutely awful but they score just enough goals from corners and park the bus enough to blag enough results. They offer nothing to the league at all. At least Luton and Burnley under Kompany play a bit of football and there's plenty of goals in their games. 

Last season they only stayed up by effectively one goal and that was because Leicester and Leeds collapsed and made the most ridiculous managerial appointments. This season the promoted teams may as well have not bothered and their heads are above water because of that and the bounce a points deduction gave them (which will probably happen again when they get a few more taken off). Next season it'll be other teams getting deducted points - or not being able to spend after promotion - that'll see them okay.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11810 on: March 31, 2024, 11:04:38 am »
Dyche has now overtaken, or should that be undertaken, Benitez in terms of win percentage with 31.48% - Umm, that's quite bad isn't it? Not however as bad a Lampard with an incredible win percentage of 27.91% after 43 games in charge which is an outstanding performance even by Everton standards. To think he was the 'chosen' one for the fans, although a lot of them are backtracking on that now being the revisionists that they are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Everton_F.C._managers

Replaced by “LeBon Bon”
Wtf
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #11811 on: March 31, 2024, 11:09:19 am »
Rumour is it’s 4 points.

I can't see them getting a lesser punishment for a second offence, especially as they have made no effort whatsoever to get their house in order. Then again, with the disciplinary panel and appeals panel using a random punishment generator it could go either way.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11812 on: March 31, 2024, 11:12:09 am »
Their football is absolutely awful but they score just enough goals from corners and park the bus enough to blag enough results. They offer nothing to the league at all. At least Luton and Burnley under Kompany play a bit of football and there's plenty of goals in their games. 

Last season they only stayed up by effectively one goal and that was because Leicester and Leeds collapsed and made the most ridiculous managerial appointments. This season the promoted teams may as well have not bothered and their heads are above water because of that and the bounce a points deduction gave them (which will probably happen again when they get a few more taken off). Next season it'll be other teams getting deducted points - or not being able to spend after promotion - that'll see them okay.

Chuck in Maddison's missed penalty to make it 3-1, why the fuck didn't Vardy take it?

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11813 on: March 31, 2024, 11:14:26 am »
These haven't won a league game since beating Burnley on the 16th December, the day before we drew 0-0 with Man United.
They have Newcastle away this midweek, followed by Burnley at home next Saturday.
Likely to lose 4 points in the coming fortnight.
They need to beat Burnley really...
For all Luton's trying hard etc... they aren't winning any games either, Forest maybe have just enough about them to scrape enough.
My summary is that even with a further points deduction, they'll just about scrape survival on the back of another 'famous' Goodison win.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11814 on: March 31, 2024, 11:18:51 am »
Rumour is it’s 4 points.

Don't think anyone knows. No one knew how many their first points deduction was, or what it was going to be on appeal and no one knew what Forest's points deduction was going to be. Feels like people are just plucking random numbers and hoping one sticks.

How much are they over by this time? I think the 6 point penalty was based on the EFL calculation so that may be a bit of a guide
Obviously this is their second breach so they could get slightly more of a deduction as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11815 on: March 31, 2024, 11:22:58 am »
Replaced by “LeBon Bon”
Wtf

:lmao

Missed that!

Lampard just about kept Everton up, but after a very below-par first half of the following season, alongside unrest from fans against the board, he was sacked on 23 January 2023 with the Toffeemen sitting bottom alongside Southampton with only 15 points, and he was replaced by Lebon Bon a week later on 30 January 2023.[16][17]

I see the hyperlink takes you to the 'Lebon Bon' wiki page which hasn't been populated yet. Surely a creative RAWK poster could do the honours?
 ;)

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #11816 on: March 31, 2024, 12:14:27 pm »
Chuck in Maddison's missed penalty to make it 3-1, why the fuck didn't Vardy take it?
If Madison had scored, Leicester would have stayed up, and he wouldn't have gone to Spurs for bigger money.  He missed on purpose.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11817 on: March 31, 2024, 12:16:41 pm »
Don't think anyone knows. No one knew how many their first points deduction was, or what it was going to be on appeal and no one knew what Forest's points deduction was going to be. Feels like people are just plucking random numbers and hoping one sticks.

How much are they over by this time? I think the 6 point penalty was based on the EFL calculation so that may be a bit of a guide
Obviously this is their second breach so they could get slightly more of a deduction as well.

The deadline for filing the accounts with companies house is today but they're not available yet, Everton have said they've been filed so I expect them to be on there after the bank holiday, they're estimated to have made a £45m loss last season including the sale of Gordon, the previous season was around £47m off the top of my head, the 3rd season is covid effected so not sure how it's worked out but they don't have much to play with to avoid going well over

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11818 on: March 31, 2024, 12:37:09 pm »
If Madison had scored, Leicester would have stayed up, and he wouldn't have gone to Spurs for bigger money.  He missed on purpose.

He still would have been sold because of Leicester's PSR issues. The problem Leicester had was that unlike Everton most of their key players knew they'd easily move on to a club in one of Europe's top 4 leagues. There was no motivation. Sometimes you just need a purple patch to stay up when you believe as a team you have something to fight for (i.e Everton's purple patch after the first points deduction announcement)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11819 on: March 31, 2024, 12:45:54 pm »
The deadline for filing the accounts with companies house is today but they're not available yet, Everton have said they've been filed so I expect them to be on there after the bank holiday, they're estimated to have made a £45m loss last season including the sale of Gordon, the previous season was around £47m off the top of my head, the 3rd season is covid effected so not sure how it's worked out but they don't have much to play with to avoid going well over

Thanks.

I know they'll appeal regardless of what the deduction is but their first appeal wasn't successful in respect of what they were actually charged for. The appeals panel said most of the charges were correct and the ones they overturned related to Everton being misleading, which were not in the original panel's remit.

Therfore, I'd be surprised if the original punishment this time isn't close to what the final points deduction will be.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11820 on: March 31, 2024, 12:50:36 pm »
Thanks.

I know they'll appeal regardless of what the deduction is but their first appeal wasn't successful in respect of what they were actually charged for. The appeals panel said most of the charges were correct and the ones they overturned related to Everton being misleading, which were not in the original panel's remit.

Therfore, I'd be surprised if the original punishment this time isn't close to what the final points deduction will be.
not following this closely -- does that mean their misleading behaviour IS in the current panel's remit?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11821 on: March 31, 2024, 01:01:58 pm »
not following this closely -- does that mean their misleading behaviour IS in the current panel's remit?

It wasn't for the first breach but the panel said they were guilty of it anyway. When it went to appeal, that decision was overturned on the basis that the original panel shouldn't have ruled on it.

Ultimately, on appeal, it was ruled that the punishment for the breaches were originally correct. The additional charges for misleading the Premier League were incorrect.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11822 on: March 31, 2024, 01:08:54 pm »
The punishment is really hard to call. Does the panel slap a higher deduction on Everton, knowing there's a good chance it will be reduced on appeal, or do they go lower and hope the appeals panel is less lenient?

I could see a 10 point deduction being reduced to four points, or a six point deduction being reduced to three. But with the appeal likely not being decided until after the end of the season, does the appeals panel put the cat amongst the pigeons and reduce a deduction that might change who is relegated?

If Forest go down and Everton stay up by one point, whilst they're both appealing their deductions then it's a complete mess. And that's effectively what could/should have happened last season with Leicester and Everton, if Everton hadn't dragged their heels submitting their accounts. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11823 on: March 31, 2024, 01:13:25 pm »
The punishment is really hard to call. Does the panel slap a higher deduction on Everton, knowing there's a good chance it will be reduced on appeal, or do they go lower and hope the appeals panel is less lenient?

I could see a 10 point deduction being reduced to four points, or a six point deduction being reduced to three. But with the appeal likely not being decided until after the end of the season, does the appeals panel put the cat amongst the pigeons and reduce a deduction that might change who is relegated?

If Forest go down and Everton stay up by one point, whilst they're both appealing their deductions then it's a complete mess. And that's effectively what could/should have happened last season with Leicester and Everton, if Everton hadn't dragged their heels submitting their accounts. 

If I was on the panel and I'm being unbiased here, I'd see what I thought they should get then add 2 or 3 pts so that the appeal only ended up putting them on the deduction they deserved.

With Leicester getting charged, imagine the can of worms that would have opened? Also, I'm sure I read it was the PL pushing for it last season and the appeals panel said no, they needed to give the shite time to sort their defence out?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #11824 on: March 31, 2024, 04:27:06 pm »
Well that's taken away what little joy they might've had this weekend
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #11825 on: March 31, 2024, 04:53:46 pm »
This made me laugh from GOT, a description of 777 partners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6QgHUJIQ5Q&t=69s
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11826 on: March 31, 2024, 05:12:50 pm »
Listening to The Price of Football pod the other day, apparently the 4 conditions set out by the PL to 777 include transparency of funding, Moshiri writing off all his loans and 777 converting all the money they've loaned Everton into shares.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #11827 on: March 31, 2024, 06:18:11 pm »
They have released their accounts. They are properly fooked.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #11828 on: March 31, 2024, 06:28:57 pm »

And released when one of the biggest games of the season is taking place. I'm guessing stadium update coming out tomorrow

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/everton-losses-double-latest-accounts-28916407

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11829 on: March 31, 2024, 06:29:23 pm »

£89m loss?

Am I reading that right?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11830 on: March 31, 2024, 06:31:40 pm »
£89m loss?

Am I reading that right?

79 of it to be written off as down to the Ukraine war, the other £10m is down to Covid.

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11831 on: March 31, 2024, 06:35:29 pm »
ifithadntabinferputin

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11832 on: March 31, 2024, 06:36:58 pm »
And released when one of the biggest games of the season is taking place. I'm guessing stadium update coming out tomorrow

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/everton-losses-double-latest-accounts-28916407

There are some mitigating circumstances, namely the impact of the club suspending its sponsorship deals with Russia-linked companies following the country’s invasion of Ukraine. .

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11833 on: March 31, 2024, 06:39:22 pm »
If I was on the panel and I'm being unbiased here, I'd see what I thought they should get then add 2 or 3 pts so that the appeal only ended up putting them on the deduction they deserved.

With Leicester getting charged, imagine the can of worms that would have opened? Also, I'm sure I read it was the PL pushing for it last season and the appeals panel said no, they needed to give the shite time to sort their defence out?

As I recall, didn't Everton deliberately drag their heels on submitting their accounts last year, to push any potential punishments into this season?

But yeah, if both Leicester and Everton had been charged last year, with them both scrapping against relegation, it would have made for a messy situation. It's little better now though, except Everton are now multiple offenders.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11834 on: March 31, 2024, 06:41:35 pm »

There are some mitigating circumstances, namely the impact of the club suspending its sponsorship deals with Russia-linked companies following the country’s invasion of Ukraine. .

What the fook difference does that make? Losses are losses, you can't just pretend they didn't happen because the circumstances of their occurrence are inconvenient. It's not like it was bloody Covid, which affected all clubs.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11835 on: March 31, 2024, 06:43:43 pm »
As I recall, didn't Everton deliberately drag their heels on submitting their accounts last year, to push any potential punishments into this season?

But yeah, if both Leicester and Everton had been charged last year, with them both scrapping against relegation, it would have made for a messy situation. It's little better now though, except Everton are now multiple offenders.
Both should have been relegated and Leeds should have been reprieved as the poster boys for financial competence  :o

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11836 on: March 31, 2024, 06:44:01 pm »

What the fook difference does that make? Losses are losses, you can't just pretend they didn't happen because the circumstances of their occurrence are inconvenient. It's not like it was bloody Covid, which affected all clubs.

Oh I agree. I'd be very interested if that nugget is in their reports because it demonstrates that Usmanov was definitely propping up their finances. Something they've also had over a year to rectify

Offline GivePeasAChant

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC reserves
« Reply #11837 on: March 31, 2024, 06:46:27 pm »
Bit of a discussion on reddit EFC. this caught my eye:

u/Cardinaltoffee avatar
Cardinaltoffee

2m ago
I feel like digging up my dead grandad so I can slap him for burdening me with supporting this fucking club

:lmao :lmao

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11838 on: March 31, 2024, 06:47:10 pm »
Bit of a discussion on reddit EFC. this caught my eye:

u/Cardinaltoffee avatar
Cardinaltoffee

2m ago
I feel like digging up my dead grandad so I can slap him for burdening me with supporting this fucking club

:lmao :lmao

;D
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11839 on: March 31, 2024, 06:47:16 pm »
Oh I agree. I'd be very interested if that nugget is in their reports because it demonstrates that Usmanov was definitely propping up their finances. Something they've also had over a year to rectify

It's really weird for someone like me who doesn't understand accounts. "Yeah, you lost X amount of money, but because of Y circumstances we're going to pretend that loss didn't happen" or something like that.

The money's still gone, the hole in the finances is still there, and there's still no clue how the gap is going to be bridged. It's like they're literally ignoring reality and pretending the club is in a better financial shape than it is because stuff happened. The stuff still fucking happened!

Popcorn's Art