Author Topic: The Murder of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter.  (Read 253557 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: The Death of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter.
« Reply #3120 on: September 13, 2020, 11:29:29 pm »
Muslim Medics Called 'Terrorists' And Told 'Go Back To Your Country' – By Patients

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/islamophobia-nhs-patients-muslims-religion-abuse-discrimination_uk_5f567984c5b62b3add4442b6

It's ok, we'll clap for you, but not for all of you, just ones we like!

If someone's abusive or racist at any business they can and are refused service, the approach should be the same in the NHS.
:D

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3121 on: September 14, 2020, 02:48:35 am »
If someone's abusive or racist at any business they can and are refused service, the approach should be the same in the NHS.

Snookered by their own code of ethics.
 Racism is just one element of the cuntishness health care workers experience. Maybe not all of them but I can only imagine A&E on a weekend.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3122 on: September 14, 2020, 09:52:18 am »
Here's a thought. Abusive patients are refused treatment by the NHS - they then switch them to 'private status' within the NHS and are billed accordingly. And only if an NHS doctor is willing to treat them. Maybe they could even apply an abusiveness surcharge - the more obnoxious the patient, the higher the bill.

I am being flippant of course - though there is something quite appealing about it. It is clear that NHS workers should not have put up with this. Perhaps it should be a specific criminal offense with stiff penalties.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 12:34:18 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3123 on: September 14, 2020, 10:30:09 am »
Here's a thought. Abusive patients are refused treatment by the NHS - they then switch them to 'private status' within the NHS and are billed accordingly. And only if an NHS doctor is willing to teat them. Maybe they could even apply an abusiveness surcharge - the more obnoxious the patient, the higher the bill.

I am being flippant of course - though there is something quite appealing about it. It is clear that NHS workers should not have put up with this. Perhaps it should be a specific criminal offense with stiff penalties.

I'm pretty sure assaulting an emergency service worker is a specific offence. Not sure if the definition stretches to staff in hospital though.

Anyway the penalties will be derisory so ineffective.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3124 on: September 14, 2020, 10:36:34 am »
I'm pretty sure assaulting an emergency service worker is a specific offence. Not sure if the definition stretches to staff in hospital though.

NSW Health introduces $5,000 fine for spitting or coughing on frontline workers in coronavirus lockdown.

But as you know most of these fines go unpaid.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3125 on: September 14, 2020, 11:13:24 am »

I was talking about verbal assaults - certainly physical assaults already will be an offense. And if, as you suggest, there is a specific offense for assault of emergency personnel, so much the better. I hope the particular law also applies to verbal assault of emergency personnel and the penalties are appropriate.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 12:33:36 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: September 14, 2020, 11:14:04 am »
NSW Health introduces $5,000 fine for spitting or coughing on frontline workers in coronavirus lockdown.

But as you know most of these fines go unpaid.
Fine and jail them.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3127 on: September 14, 2020, 12:24:01 pm »
I was talking about verbal assaults - certainly physical assaults will already be an offense. And if, as you suggest, there is a specific offense for assault of emergency personnel, so much the better. I hope the particular it also applies to verbal assault of emergency personnel and the penalties are appropriate.

Well the link I provided mostly just covered verbal assaults, although one patient tried to get physical when a Muslim woman tried to help him. As the article stated, one of the victims, was taught in their training to say "im sorry your feel that way". Some never received any support from their colleagues, rather, they tried to dismiss it as 'maybe you misheard' etc

Im not too sure what the official guidance is, but its such a shame that people feel the need to attack the very ones who are trying to help them

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3128 on: September 14, 2020, 01:12:34 pm »
Well the link I provided mostly just covered verbal assaults, although one patient tried to get physical when a Muslim woman tried to help him. As the article stated, one of the victims, was taught in their training to say "im sorry your feel that way". Some never received any support from their colleagues, rather, they tried to dismiss it as 'maybe you misheard' etc

Im not too sure what the official guidance is, but its such a shame that people feel the need to attack the very ones who are trying to help them

I'm sure shame is the last thing these arseholes feel though.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #3130 on: September 23, 2020, 07:13:26 pm »
In short, no one charged with the murder of Breonna Taylor.

One charged on three charges of wanton endangerment.

Everyone else gets off.

Amerika.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3131 on: September 23, 2020, 07:36:50 pm »
So, it's still open season on black people in Amerikkka then.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3132 on: September 23, 2020, 07:44:53 pm »
Evil c*nts.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3133 on: September 23, 2020, 08:03:58 pm »
The wall, door and property of an apartment were given more consideration than the life of a woman.

So much so that a state of emergency was declared shortly after the announcement and a curfew set for every night for the next 3 days.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3134 on: September 23, 2020, 08:14:08 pm »
It's all part of the plan. When people come out and protest this gross injustice, they'll make them out to be far-left anarchists coming for you, your family and your property all in order to get the "law and order" president re-elected.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3135 on: September 23, 2020, 08:17:13 pm »
The wall, door and property of an apartment were given more consideration than the life of an African American woman.

So much so that a state of emergency was declared shortly after the announcement and a curfew set for every night for the next 3 days.

Fixed it for you.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: September 24, 2020, 11:47:55 am »
Seriously, what is wrong with these inbred fucktards. They need naming and shaming

Britain's Got Talent: Alesha Dixon BLM necklace prompts 1,900 complaints

Ofcom has received more than 1,900 complaints over an episode of Britain's Got Talent in which Alesha Dixon wore a Black Lives Matter necklace.

Saturday's episode saw Dixon, who is a judge on the show, wear a necklace which featured the letters BLM in gold.

The broadcasting regulator said the vast majority of the complaints it had received about the episode related to her choice of jewellery.

The number of complaints has risen from 1,675 on Monday to a total of 1,901.

An Ofcom spokesman said: "We are assessing these complaints against our broadcasting rules, but are yet to decide whether or not to investigate."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54277992

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: September 24, 2020, 01:41:13 pm »
I would love to be educated but as it stands I don’t see how this is an incident of racism. It’s tragic, a poignant reflection of America’s relationship with guns and it’s legal system (for issuing a warrant in the first place), police training and tyranny, etc., but why this is immediately classified as police racism is something I don’t really understand.

Cops break in, shots fired from the resident, fire returned, a woman is killed in the crossfire. I don’t understand how that’s racist. All the officers could be KKK members for all I know, or they could be totally normal people carrying out their duties, but the incident in and of itself seems little to do with race.

I’m an immigrant in American, I’m white, I’ve been arrested 5 times, I’ve definitely experienced excessive force from cops, and absolutely believe reform needs to happen.

Again I’m not trying to start fires, and I don’t know the full picture, I would just like to hear others perspective.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3138 on: September 24, 2020, 01:46:16 pm »
Seriously, what is wrong with these inbred fucktards. They need naming and shaming

Ofcom has received more than 1,900 complaints over an episode of Britain's Got Talent in which Alesha Dixon wore a Black Lives Matter necklace.

Saturday's episode saw Dixon, who is a judge on the show, wear a necklace which featured the letters BLM in gold.

The broadcasting regulator said the vast majority of the complaints it had received about the episode related to her choice of jewellery.

An Ofcom spokesman said: "We are assessing these complaints against our broadcasting rules, but are yet to decide whether or not to investigate."

Just saw that. Utterly bizarre that people noticed the jewellery, found it 'offensive' and then complained.

Weird in the extreme.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3139 on: September 24, 2020, 02:31:52 pm »
I'd love for Ofcom to just make a public statement along the lines of OH FUCK OFF AND GET A LIFE, YOU MISERABLE c*nts! IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM HERE, THEN YOU'RE PART OF IT!

Hey, I can hope.....

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: September 24, 2020, 02:33:27 pm »
I would love to be educated but
Did you read the entire thread, from start to now? I really, really, really want to hope that you did. Cos if you did, the question you pose should not need to be asked. Seriously.

"...and I don’t know the full picture..."
see above.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3141 on: September 24, 2020, 03:58:57 pm »

They are thick gobshites for watching the program in the first place.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3142 on: September 24, 2020, 04:02:24 pm »
Did you read the entire thread, from start to now? I really, really, really want to hope that you did. Cos if you did, the question you pose should not need to be asked. Seriously.
 see above.

Come on man, that's an unhelpful, condescending response that stifles any discussion. Not every instance fits the mould of instances of the past. You shouldn't try to shame someone for not immediately painting an incident as an example of racism.

He has a point - if you have a country where...
- people are encouraged to own guns and use them to defend their home
- a police force is encouraged to kick in doors with guns drawn to enforce the war on drugs
- a police force is not trained to SAS levels in clearing a house
...then things like this will happen regardless of race. That's not to say racial prejudices don't amplify things, but if they were kicking in the door of a suspected meth lab in rural Kentucky and someone shot at them, this might have played out in a similar fashion

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3143 on: September 24, 2020, 04:03:08 pm »
https://twitter.com/essexbarrister/status/1308854340258598913?s=21

This is what a black, educated woman experienced.
She is a barrister. It was assumed by the court officials that she was a defendant. She was treated like an idiot.
Shameful
(Our own Gorgeous George QC has weighed in on her side.)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Alan574

• Main Stander
« Reply #3144 on: September 24, 2020, 04:22:49 pm »
Muslim Medics Called 'Terrorists' And Told 'Go Back To Your Country' – By Patients

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/islamophobia-nhs-patients-muslims-religion-abuse-discrimination_uk_5f567984c5b62b3add4442b6

It's ok, we'll clap for you, but not for all of you, just ones we like!

Sorry for late reply but just seen this. In my humble you can't be very ill if you refuse treatment from anyone. I had to have emergency dental treatment once and the young lady dentist was wearing a hijab.  Couldn't take my eyes of her because she was beautiful. Did a good job too!

My mate had an uncle who was a prisoner of war of the Japanese. In his latter years he had to go into hospital but kicked up a fuss when an Asian nurse came to treat him.  She was probably Chinese or similar but to him they were all Japanese. Daft I know but after what he had been through you kind of understand.  To be fair they were very good when it was explained and got someone else.  I think in a case like this then you can't really be that critical but only morons would refuse treatment because of religion or ethnicity. Wonder if they have a blood transfusion if they ask is it blood from a white Christian?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: September 24, 2020, 04:26:31 pm »
Come on man, that's an unhelpful, condescending response that stifles any discussion. Not every instance fits the mould of instances of the past. You shouldn't try to shame someone for not immediately painting an incident as an example of racism.

He has a point - if you have a country where...
- people are encouraged to own guns and use them to defend their home
- a police force is encouraged to kick in doors with guns drawn to enforce the war on drugs
- a police force is not trained to SAS levels in clearing a house
...then things like this will happen regardless of race. That's not to say racial prejudices don't amplify things, but if they were kicking in the door of a suspected meth lab in rural Kentucky and someone shot at them, this might have played out in a similar fashion

The lack of punishment for said officers on top of various other incidents across the country [Police officer enters an apartment where she thinks its her apartment and kills a man  who is sitting in his chair IN HIS HOME, police shoot and kill a young black lady through a window who was playing video games,etc...] where there were 0 consequences for these incidents is what shows that there is one justice system for Black Americans and one for everyone else.

There are countless and countless examples. There was a white man who was pulled over for driving whilst intoxicated in Oklahoma recently, he killed one cop in the process, and shot another. He was brought into custody, ALIVE! How many Black men have been killed for fck all when approached by the police in comparisons?

One of the officers in this Briana Taylor murder, was charged for shooting into the wall of the next door neighbor, but no one was charged for wrongfully killing an innocent woman??? Would that still be the case if she were a different race? It's not the incident itself that screams racism, it's the lack of absolute consequences for actions afterward that suggest that Police don't care about minorities.

I have posted countless videos of various instances in this thread, if anyone is arsed, they can see for themselves.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 04:30:33 pm by deFacto please, you bastards »

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3146 on: September 24, 2020, 04:48:15 pm »
The lack of punishment for said officers on top of various other incidents across the country [Police officer enters an apartment where she thinks its her apartment and kills a man  who is sitting in his chair IN HIS HOME, police shoot and kill a young black lady through a window who was playing video games,etc...] where there were 0 consequences for these incidents is what shows that there is one justice system for Black Americans and one for everyone else.

There are countless and countless examples. There was a white man who was pulled over for driving whilst intoxicated in Oklahoma recently, he killed one cop in the process, and shot another. He was brought into custody, ALIVE! How many Black men have been killed for fck all when approached by the police in comparisons?

One of the officers in this Briana Taylor murder, was charged for shooting into the wall of the next door neighbor, but no one was charged for wrongfully killing an innocent woman??? Would that still be the case if she were a different race? It's not the incident itself that screams racism, it's the lack of absolute consequences for actions afterward that suggest that Police don't care about minorities.

I have posted countless videos of various instances in this thread, if anyone is arsed, they can see for themselves.

I don't disagree with any of that but he was talking about the incident.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: September 24, 2020, 04:49:22 pm »
Come on man, that's an unhelpful, condescending response that stifles any discussion.
I'm just sick to fucking death of having to explain this shit when everything anyone really needs in order to understand it is right there. Not stifling discussion - far from it - however, when someone comes in here and openly confesses to not knowing the full picture and says they want to be educated, then it makes me wonder if the REALLY want to be educated and I will always check first to see if they've taken the pro-active steps that are there so they can educate themselves first - then maybe they can come in here and discuss what they've learned.....so maybe the incident PER SE was not fuelled by racist ideology (although it was almost certainly fuelled by criminal profiling which in itself is LIKELY to have been fuelled by racial prejudice) buuuuuuuuuuuuut the events AFTERWARDS are ABSOLUTELY connected to a deep-rooted RACIST and bigoted mindset in the minds of the police and the people supporting them.

Let's see what the poster believes they've learned and if they did or did not read the thread before jumping in to rescue him, eh?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3148 on: September 24, 2020, 04:52:44 pm »
Again, backtrack through all the procedures that are connected to the issuing of the warrant and then go back further and maybe, just maybe, take a look at exactly why the laws of that land have a clear and systemic bias towards racial profiling and also why exactly certain demographics find themselves locked into a cycle of crime and punishment. There's far more to this than 'just' a dude with history being connected to Breonna - there's far more to it than 'just' the incident - there's a whole backstory that, to quote Chuck D, goes back "with nothing but rednecks for four hundred years, if you'd check!"

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3149 on: September 24, 2020, 04:56:28 pm »
It's all part of the plan. When people come out and protest this gross injustice, they'll make them out to be far-left anarchists coming for you, your family and your property all in order to get the "law and order" president re-elected.

I think you might be giving the system too much credit.  No one is thinking that many moves ahead.  They genuinely just don't value the life of an African American person, even just doing nothing in their own home, and the resulting chaos that ensues is just icing on the cake for them.  It's happened time and time again.  America is on a knife's edge - either we are witnessing the dead-cat-bounce of white supremacy, or a resurgence of a movement that will take further strengthen its control on America.  This upcoming election will decide which path America is on. 

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3150 on: September 24, 2020, 05:09:33 pm »

I understand that, but the reaction to the incident is because of everything I said.

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: September 24, 2020, 05:22:01 pm »
I'm just sick to fucking death of having to explain this shit when everything anyone really needs in order to understand it is right there. Not stifling discussion - far from it - however, when someone comes in here and openly confesses to not knowing the full picture and says they want to be educated, then it makes me wonder if the REALLY want to be educated and I will always check first to see if they've taken the pro-active steps that are there so they can educate themselves first - then maybe they can come in here and discuss what they've learned.....so maybe the incident PER SE was not fuelled by racist ideology (although it was almost certainly fuelled by criminal profiling which in itself is LIKELY to have been fuelled by racial prejudice) buuuuuuuuuuuuut the events AFTERWARDS are ABSOLUTELY connected to a deep-rooted RACIST and bigoted mindset in the minds of the police and the people supporting them.

Let's see what the poster believes they've learned and if they did or did not read the thread before jumping in to rescue him, eh?
I learned that your outrage is palpable and you’re sick of explaining things to ppl. So in light of that maybe let someone else do it.

I know America is deeply racist. I live in Los Angeles, the protesting/rioting took place a block from my house. So did the looting. I attended the protests. I’ve read plenty about them too. I’ve had many discussions about what racism means with various ppl across various demographics.

I’ve read several articles on this case in particular. Yes it’s another fatal shooting where a person of color died. That doesn’t make it inherently racist, per se. I don’t need to read an extremely long thread, half of which is probably people venting their emotions, to feel justified in asking my community (RAWK) to engage in an educational dialogue. You can choose to abstain from that but try to not be condescending about it. Thanks

I’m still wondering why not convicting the cops is being considered racist. It’s a lot clearer in all the other cases. Is the system fucked? Yes. Could the whole incident be averted if America didn’t have massive economic disparities across racial lines that inadvertently fuel racism? Yes. But I don’t see how in this incident not convicting these cops is racism. Again, I’d love to be enlightened.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: September 24, 2020, 05:25:53 pm »
I’m still wondering why not convicting the cops is being considered racist. It’s a lot clearer in all the other cases. Is the system fucked? Yes. Could the whole incident be averted if America didn’t have massive economic disparities across racial lines that inadvertently fuel racism? Yes. But I don’t see how in this incident not convicting these cops is racism. Again, I’d love to be enlightened.

Charging an officer for shooting into a wall of the neighbor but not charging an officer for murder [whether it be intentional or not] is one reason why people are pissed, along with countless of others examples that I mentioned above which is why we are at a boiling point. The system does not hold officers to the law like it should. And in most cases than not, the people who end up being victims are Black. Ergo the system  being deeply racist and favorable for one group of people.

There has to be some accountability. You can't still have your job after taking someone's life. Whether you meant it or not.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3153 on: September 24, 2020, 06:02:06 pm »
I’m still wondering why not convicting the cops is being considered racist.

The challenge of systemic racism is that it is the compound effect of tens/hundreds of actions that result in the racism.  Each of those actions might be 60/40 fair/racist, but for an individual that faces those actions in their poorly funded preschool and schools, their parent(s) who work two jobs to make ends meet, the police presence in their childhood, unaffordable higher education, job prospects that deem them a high-risk employee, poor healthcare, random police stops for traffic violations, etc, all lead to a situation where a fully-armed police officer walks into the wrong apartment and an African-American person ends up dead.  Could you unpack the final event and argue that it was maybe 60% fair?  I wouldn't, but some might. But doing so ignores that systemic racism occurs from Breonna Taylor's birth right up until her death, not just in the final moment.  Her death was the pointy end of an enormous spear that ended her life prematurely.

That's my two cents, anyway.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3154 on: September 24, 2020, 06:29:26 pm »
Again, backtrack through all the procedures that are connected to the issuing of the warrant and then go back further and maybe, just maybe, take a look at exactly why the laws of that land have a clear and systemic bias towards racial profiling and also why exactly certain demographics find themselves locked into a cycle of crime and punishment. There's far more to this than 'just' a dude with history being connected to Breonna - there's far more to it than 'just' the incident - there's a whole backstory that, to quote Chuck D, goes back "with nothing but rednecks for four hundred years, if you'd check!"

Just drop all the 'maybe, just maybe' condescending shite for God's sake. Does the centuries long backstory mean that the cops who went through that door should be convicted of murder even if the facts of the case don't support it? Obviously not. Thanks for the Public Enemy quote though, I expect Alan will be in to post a picture of a burning cross or something now to educate us further. This idea that anyone who questions anything is either racist or ignorant of history is so arrogant it drives me mental

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: September 24, 2020, 06:29:47 pm »
I’ve read several articles on this case in particular. Yes it’s another fatal shooting where a person of color died.
It is another fatal shooting instigated by the police where a person of color died.

That doesn’t make it inherently racist, per se.
What about police shooting a black person (not just a person a color) does not make it inherently racist? Do you need them to be saying the N word while doing the shooting before you call it racist?

I’m still wondering why not convicting the cops is being considered racist. It’s a lot clearer in all the other cases.
What other cases? Please enlighten what factors the other cases had that this one does not.

Could the whole incident be averted if America didn’t have massive economic disparities across racial lines that inadvertently fuel racism?
What does this even mean? How does economics explain why police shot an unarmed woman in her own home, then lied about it, tried to frame her, tried to stitch up an ex-boyfriend?

Again, I’d love to be enlightened.
Nobody is going to enlighten you, dude. You have already said you have attended protests, talked to many people about what is and what is not racism (hopefully some of those people were black people, and at the least had some melanin). If after doing all of those things in real life, you come here and want to be enlightened, then it is not really about being enlightened.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: September 24, 2020, 06:56:24 pm »

What about police shooting a black person (not just a person a color) does not make it inherently racist? Do you need them to be saying the N word while doing the shooting before you call it racist?

Huh? You have to expand on that because it sounds like you're saying every time a black person gets shot by a cop that it was an inherently racist act which would be insane.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3157 on: September 24, 2020, 08:18:26 pm »
Huh? You have to expand on that because it sounds like you're saying every time a black person gets shot by a cop that it was an inherently racist act which would be insane.

It's not insane. What do you think the Black Lives Matter protests is about if not to publicly say that policing is a racist institution?

Perhaps, more eloquently expressed by Colin Kaepernick:

Keeanga-Yamahtta T. Retweeted
Colin Kaepernick
@Kaepernick7
The white supremacist institution of policing that stole Breonna Taylor’s life from us must be abolished for the safety and well being of our people.

#BreonnaTaylor #SayHerName #AbolishThePolice
5:17 PM · Sep 23, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

What is insane is Colin Kaepernick losing his job for expressing this truth.

It's a bit of a headspin to come into a thread titled "The Death of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter" and see arguments that the shooting of Breona Taylor was not racist.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3158 on: September 24, 2020, 09:47:36 pm »
It's not insane. What do you think the Black Lives Matter protests is about if not to publicly say that policing is a racist institution?

Perhaps, more eloquently expressed by Colin Kaepernick:

Keeanga-Yamahtta T. Retweeted
Colin Kaepernick
@Kaepernick7
The white supremacist institution of policing that stole Breonna Taylor’s life from us must be abolished for the safety and well being of our people.

#BreonnaTaylor #SayHerName #AbolishThePolice
5:17 PM · Sep 23, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

What is insane is Colin Kaepernick losing his job for expressing this truth.

It's a bit of a headspin to come into a thread titled "The Death of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter" and see arguments that the shooting of Breona Taylor was not racist.

There's a lot to unpack here. I support Kap's right to protest and say whatever he wants, first of all. But if I'm following your logic, policing in America has systemic racism at it's core. OK I'm with you there. And then, as a result of that, any action taken by any policeman in the states is... inherently racist? Did I get that part right?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: September 24, 2020, 10:23:54 pm »
This idea that anyone who questions anything is either racist or ignorant of history is so arrogant it drives me mental
Well, it's usually one or the other. Maybe.