Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 591447 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
Re: Curtis Jones - no issues with self confidence
« Reply #281 on: February 5, 2020, 09:28:09 am »
The McManaman comparison is a good one. He has that same unpredictability that Macca had and great ability with the ball. At 19 he has massive potential but a lot to learn still, and I hope he manages to channel that confidence on the right side of cockiness and has people around him to keep his feet on the ground. Do that and he will be a real worldie!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #282 on: February 5, 2020, 10:00:32 am »
Oh, this boy is special!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: February 5, 2020, 11:44:11 am »
A years loan with Stevie that's what I would do with him next  season.

He is a talent but goes without saying he needs to improve on a few things like knowing when to pass.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 5, 2020, 12:10:12 pm »

He is a talent but goes without saying he needs to improve on a few things like knowing when to pass.
He's far too good for the scottish league.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: February 5, 2020, 12:13:09 pm »

are you sending him off to Scotland because of that one incident? bit harsh

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #286 on: February 5, 2020, 12:16:09 pm »
brilliant prospect we have here....has a fair way to go but has the right attitude and hopefully we'll see him for years to come
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #287 on: February 5, 2020, 12:20:21 pm »
are you sending him off to Scotland because of that one incident? bit harsh

He knew the onus was on him yesterday to produce  a goal like it might have been on Gerrard back in the day and in the 3rd round.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #288 on: February 5, 2020, 12:20:40 pm »

Why? What did he do to deserve that? Takes Lallana's place in the squad surely?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 5, 2020, 01:26:06 pm »
Why? What did he do to deserve that? Takes Lallana's place in the squad surely?

Don't think takes the Lallana place.

Just think he would benefit of a year with Gerrard ripping up the Scottish league and getting games.

Think Leeds were interest in loaning him and I would consider that move also

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #290 on: February 5, 2020, 01:26:43 pm »
A loan to Rangers :lmao

No thanks
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #291 on: February 5, 2020, 02:06:22 pm »
Think he's one to be kept in house like Trent rather than go out on loan.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #292 on: February 5, 2020, 02:11:07 pm »
Yeah, feels like he and Neco both will be kept in-house.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #293 on: February 5, 2020, 02:15:57 pm »
Sorry, this might have been debated before but for Jones, Williams and young players in general to train at high intensity with the best players in the world day in and day out, doesn't that shade being on loan at Rangers or similarly placed clubs.

I know Brewster went but again being a forward might be slightly different - you don't want to lose confidence playing against Van Dijk, Joe every day but for other positions, might be more useful.

I know real game time sometimes trumps everything but would a Scottish league match be much more intense than our training sessions? Have no idea, just a question

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #294 on: February 6, 2020, 08:57:29 pm »
worldie against Everton in the cup, alas no goal of the month.

chin up you've not had a bad season so far.  :thumbup
Why was my post deleted?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #295 on: February 6, 2020, 09:13:55 pm »
Think he's one to be kept in house like Trent rather than go out on loan.

yeah I would hope so, he's getting a few games this season, and getting in match day squads quite a bit now too, next season that should increase. 

And for sure not a loan to Rangers  :o

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #296 on: February 6, 2020, 09:20:29 pm »
Loan deal to Southampton would work.  Possibly.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #297 on: February 6, 2020, 09:30:06 pm »
yeah I would hope so, he's getting a few games this season, and getting in match day squads quite a bit now too, next season that should increase. 

He’s really not got that many minutes. He’ll need way more next season and he’s a level above the u23’s and playing with them would not do much more than keep fitness up. I can’t see him getting all that many though.

Maybe he stays until Jan and then goes on loan for second half of the season if he hasn’t forced his way into the PL rotation.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #298 on: February 6, 2020, 09:38:08 pm »
He’s really not got that many minutes. He’ll need way more next season and he’s a level above the u23’s and playing with them would not do much more than keep fitness up. I can’t see him getting all that many though.

Maybe he stays until Jan and then goes on loan for second half of the season if he hasn’t forced his way into the PL rotation.

He's gone from zero to a few games, possibly 2 or 3 more games before the end of the season, so maybe 500-600 mins by the end of it, if he's getting some league minutes towards the end of the season. That's not a bad start in his first season in the first team. So long as no one arrives who blocks his path, then I reckon he'll get quite a bit more next year.

Loans are a risk at the best of times, however careful a club is, but yeah, maybe waiting till January to see how it's going would be the best way next year, for player and club!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #299 on: February 6, 2020, 09:45:19 pm »
Jones is clearly good enough for a lower-tier PL club and should be getting a loan. If Bournemouth stay up, they'd be ideal for him, perhaps as a part of a Wilson sale to them.

In effect they get first dibs on Wilson if they promise Jones playing time in the middle of the park.

Brighton should also suit our style of play enough to be a good fit as well. Since Curtis is younger than the Rangers loanees and has more development potential, playing in the best league of the world week in and week out is something I genuinely believe could benefit him immensely.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2020, 09:50:53 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: February 6, 2020, 10:09:52 pm »
Don't think Jones goes out on loan personally. If we assume that Lallana, Shaqiri and possibly Wilson may all move on in the summer, he'll get more opportunities next season. Obviously a lot would depend on the fitness of Ox and Keita throughout the 20/21 season, but I don't think Klopp would have any qualms with relying on Jones to provide a solid option in midfield.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: February 7, 2020, 02:26:59 am »
If absolutely no one left, then sending him out on loan would make sense. But if Lallana looks likely to leave, he can have his place in the squad and it'll be an ideal step-up in minutes for him.

Williams automatically stays regardless. He's the RB back-up we've desperately needed to keep Joe Gomez away from that position and keep him in CB.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #302 on: February 11, 2020, 12:04:26 pm »
Apparently was in Dubai last week

Another particular attraction is The Farm, a zoo in what is effectively the back garden of billionaire Saif Ahmed Belhasa’s mansion. There are leopards, giraffes, monkeys, bears; pretty much every exotic animal imaginable.

“It’s not an official attraction as such,” says a source. “It’s no cost but you can only gain entry by invitation, if you’re in those circles.”

Pogba, Lionel Messi and Luka Modric have visited in recent years. Last week, Liverpool’s Curtis Jones and Leicester’s Perez did so, giving signed shirts to Belhasa, whose son Rashed has a YouTube channel called Money Kicks with 2.4 million subscribers. On another day, Abraham held a lion cub, and Hudson-Odoi fed a tiger.

https://theathletic.com/1597219/2020/02/11/premier-league-dubai-winter-break-2020/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #303 on: February 11, 2020, 04:17:02 pm »
Oh fuck no loan to Scottish league please. Please drop that idea please. Loaning to Scottish league is a death sentence.

Curtis will learn more from watching Henderson train than play against Scott fucking Brown

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #304 on: June 9, 2020, 03:41:09 pm »
Does anyone else see quite a bit of Bobby Firmino in young Curtis?
He has been deployed more often as a #9 this season for the u23s and I can see why- he’s got the hold up ability, quick feet and ability to bring others into play. He’s also a natural finisher. From a skill set and physical standpoint, he’s quite similar to firmino when he arrived from Hoffenheim.

In terms of how our front 3 is structured he would seem like a better fit as the firmino style #9 than out wide on the left (where he’s also seen some time). His future could of course be in midfield, but I am intrigued by his fit as an heir to Bobby.

Either way he’s an exciting talent and I believe he’s got a real chance to make it here

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #305 on: June 9, 2020, 03:44:29 pm »
He confuses me because he's got everything he needs to be a top class central midfielder, but he nearly always looks better as a wide forward, despite his lack of real pace.  Either way he'll be around for a long time, some players just have... it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #306 on: June 9, 2020, 10:53:27 pm »
He confuses me because he's got everything he needs to be a top class central midfielder, but he nearly always looks better as a wide forward, despite his lack of real pace.  Either way he'll be around for a long time, some players just have... it.

David and/or Bernardo Silva. Can both play in either position. Curtis looks the same.

I genuinely believe he could be as good as them too. He's absolutely with the right team and the right manager.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: June 9, 2020, 11:40:54 pm »
Coutinho but in a bigger body basically.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2020, 12:41:21 am »
Great  potential. With the right attitude, he could became a top class player under Klopp.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: June 15, 2020, 10:05:02 pm »
Ingelthorpe called him ‘prodigious’ it’s never a word I’ve quite use for Curtis Jones even though his always looked like one of the more talented players we’ve produced, never quite thought of him like I did Fowler Owen Gerrard and evening Sterling. Saying that Ingelthorpe is right to use that word for him because talent wise his on all those mentioned players level, a silky skilful strong Scouse 6ft attacking mid with an eye for a goal, he is just as rare as Gerrard Fowler Mcmanaman in his own way.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2020, 02:24:56 am »
Ingelthorpe called him ‘prodigious’ it’s never a word I’ve quite use for Curtis Jones even though his always looked like one of the more talented players we’ve produced, never quite thought of him like I did Fowler Owen Gerrard and evening Sterling. Saying that Ingelthorpe is right to use that word for him because talent wise his on all those mentioned players level, a silky skilful strong Scouse 6ft attacking mid with an eye for a goal, he is just as rare as Gerrard Fowler Mcmanaman in his own way.
All that in two sentences?!  :roger  Grammar police alert, grammar police alert...  :roger

You're right though... ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2020, 04:13:21 am »
Dead cert to play / start more games to close out the season.

The sooner we wrap up the title, the better.

Getting the record points total would be nice, but I think getting a few more games to look at how Jones, Elliott et al perform at the highest level would be even more valuable.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2020, 06:47:21 am »
His ketwig was bad enough while the salons and barbers were open. Dread to think what he's rocking at the moment.

But otherwise, yeah, can't wait to see him play again
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: June 17, 2020, 09:24:07 am »
His ketwig was bad enough while the salons and barbers were open. Dread to think what he's rocking at the moment.

But otherwise, yeah, can't wait to see him play again

Found a clip of Curtis Jones playing the guitar during the lockdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTJmXrgsFg

"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: June 17, 2020, 12:59:48 pm »
All that in two sentences?!  :roger  Grammar police alert, grammar police alert...  :roger

You're right though... ;)

Sorry ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2020, 01:11:53 pm »
The sooner we wrap up the title, the better.

Getting the record points total would be nice, but I think getting a few more games to look at how Jones, Elliott et al perform at the highest level would be even more valuable.

Completely agree

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2020, 01:44:19 pm »
Found a clip of Curtis Jones playing the guitar during the lockdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTJmXrgsFg
Christ! More hair than man. The 80s were a crime in many ways
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #317 on: July 4, 2020, 07:05:48 pm »
Curtis Jones signs new contract with Liverpool FC

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/400832-curtis-jones-new-contract

Get in  :)

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: July 4, 2020, 07:09:01 pm »
Delighted for him.

He only signed a long-term contract last summer so it's a good measure of his progress since then that the club have offered him a new one so quickly.

He's had a great season, become our youngest ever captain and scored the winner in a derby. Very excited to watch him continue to develop in the years to come, think he's got every chance of enjoying a long and successful career at Liverpool.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: July 4, 2020, 07:09:32 pm »
Good lad.