Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League  (Read 65546 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: NFL Fantasy League
« Reply #520 on: September 16, 2019, 12:51:14 pm »
Was about 30 points behind going into the Falcons game and needed a big one from JJ.  Jones delivered but just not quite enough and Mikey has beaten me by 4 points.

Playing either (Rolls) Royce Freeman or Christian Kirk would have won it for me. AH well I'm 1-1 so could be worse.

True.  Could be us Buck.

1.  Could have picked Andrew Luck and watched him retire 10 days after our draft while the other league waited

2.  Could have traded away Kelce who goes off on his former team ---hat tip to God's Left Boot for a good week, but it might have been a good idea to start the most exciting TE prospect in NFL even though he was questionable (Andrews for Baltimore) as he gets more points than Kelce this week -- but his butt is on the bench.  Glorious.

3.  Could have scored some odd 150 points in week 1 to only lose to two possible people in the league, but the upside was that we got the team and bench right.  Scheduling not good it turns out, but our decision making was.

4.  Could then watch your team fold like a lawn chair while not starting TE Andrews as well as WR Sanders (instead losing out of some 30 points) by going with Waller and Westbrook - losing by a lot.  Scheduling still not good, but then neither were we.

5.  Could be sitting in a stew of bitterness because this league does not allow TE's to be flex players (only WR/RB's) which makes absolutely no fucking sense in a PPR league -

6.  Could have a QB curse --- " THOU WILL NOT GET MORE THAN 15pts AT QB IN THE CALENDAR YEAR" from any of your QB's on the roster unless they have no chance to start.

Okay, I am now remiss about my moan and piss.    Thanks for the forum to vent gentlemen!  And you too DeFacto :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 12:55:01 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #521 on: September 16, 2019, 01:14:37 pm »
FML I lost my one game in another league by 0.04 points. :(

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #522 on: September 16, 2019, 01:39:12 pm »
Bloody hell. I dropped Olsen as he was questionable and got Jordan Reed only for the former to score 14, and the latter to be inactive. The Eagles fucked me up as well, I had Jeffrey starting, and Sanders on the bench. Jeffrey went off early thus scoring 0, Sanders got 28.8pts  :butt

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #523 on: September 16, 2019, 01:41:54 pm »
Lost this week as my opponents defence[Patriots] scored 37 points, :butt i'd have won if it wasn't for that
#Sausages

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: September 16, 2019, 02:13:55 pm »
Lost this week as my opponents defence[Patriots] scored 37 points, :butt i'd have won if it wasn't for that

Count your lucky stars that I didn't see that D.Jackson was out for the game last night, otherwise I'd would have had Thielen or Brown with 12/16 points rather than the 0 I got from Jackson.  ;)

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: September 17, 2019, 09:16:21 am »
True.  Could be us Buck.

1.  Could have picked Andrew Luck and watched him retire 10 days after our draft while the other league waited

2.  Could have traded away Kelce who goes off on his former team ---hat tip to God's Left Boot for a good week, but it might have been a good idea to start the most exciting TE prospect in NFL even though he was questionable (Andrews for Baltimore) as he gets more points than Kelce this week -- but his butt is on the bench.  Glorious.

3.  Could have scored some odd 150 points in week 1 to only lose to two possible people in the league, but the upside was that we got the team and bench right.  Scheduling not good it turns out, but our decision making was.

4.  Could then watch your team fold like a lawn chair while not starting TE Andrews as well as WR Sanders (instead losing out of some 30 points) by going with Waller and Westbrook - losing by a lot.  Scheduling still not good, but then neither were we.

5.  Could be sitting in a stew of bitterness because this league does not allow TE's to be flex players (only WR/RB's) which makes absolutely no fucking sense in a PPR league -

6.  Could have a QB curse --- " THOU WILL NOT GET MORE THAN 15pts AT QB IN THE CALENDAR YEAR" from any of your QB's on the roster unless they have no chance to start.

Okay, I am now remiss about my moan and piss.    Thanks for the forum to vent gentlemen!  And you too DeFacto :)

Waller over Andrews? Don't do Andrews like that ;D

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: September 17, 2019, 09:21:30 am »
I'd appreciate it if Helsinki Reds dropped the Patriots D/ST from his lineup this week. Wouldn't surprise me if they got another stupid score against this Jets offence.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #527 on: September 17, 2019, 09:40:53 am »
2 and 0 baby :D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #528 on: September 17, 2019, 10:07:15 am »
This is just a shitshow...

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: September 17, 2019, 12:25:53 pm »

No idea what you're on about.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: September 17, 2019, 12:38:12 pm »
2 and 0 baby :D

And still played Ridley on the bench you greedy B****** :)

Me v You this week Carl.  Your getting it mate!!!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #531 on: September 17, 2019, 12:42:21 pm »
No idea what you're on about.

Of course you don't know with all your cheating and player-stealing... :D

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: September 17, 2019, 01:05:28 pm »
Of course you don't know with all your cheating and player-stealing... :D

:lmao

I'm going to deny those claims!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: September 17, 2019, 01:09:40 pm »

Turds R Us

Float Em' if you Got Em'

How to lose your shit in Denver in 8 days

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: September 17, 2019, 01:59:43 pm »
Race you to the bottom!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: September 17, 2019, 02:07:22 pm »
BTW, if anyone in league A wants to get in on this Chiefs offence I'd be open to trade offers for Mecole Hardman :D

Edit, clearly I should have said sensible trade offers! :lmao
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:22:02 pm by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: September 17, 2019, 02:35:07 pm »
BTW, if anyone in league A wants to get in on this Chiefs offence I'd be open to trade offers for Mecole Hardman :D

Edit, clearly I should have said sensible trade offers! :lmao

How about a mind blowing Dak Prescott offer?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: September 17, 2019, 05:16:40 pm »
I'd have to be mental to let a QB go the week they play Miami

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: September 17, 2019, 06:38:17 pm »

Kamara and Cam?

Trend is not destiny with the Dolphins --- at some point the demolition will stop. 

Not sure I would follow through with this offer btw -- as you would have McCaffrey and Kamara --- not great for anyone playing you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:39:56 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #539 on: September 17, 2019, 06:48:57 pm »

;D
I've got Tom Brady, so no way i'm letting him go, Jets were equally as bad last night, as the Dolphins were on Sunday, Pats will put another 40 points up on the Jets on Sunday

I'm quite willing to let Kirk Cousins go though [league A], anyone who fancies a trade ;)
#Sausages

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #540 on: September 17, 2019, 08:57:48 pm »
I'd appreciate it if Helsinki Reds dropped the Patriots D/ST from his lineup this week. Wouldn't surprise me if they got another stupid score against this Jets offence.

Sure, I do my business Dolphins style....send me your 1st round pick in 2020 and 2021, 2nd round pick in 2020 and 7th rounder in 2022 and you have a deal  ;D
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: September 18, 2019, 12:45:14 am »
Sure, I do my business Dolphins style....send me your 1st round pick in 2020 and 2021, 2nd round pick in 2020 and 7th rounder in 2022 and you have a deal  ;D

Will Jared Goff suffice? ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: September 20, 2019, 09:40:59 am »
PPR bailed me out somewhat last night and got an OK 15 points from Lenny Fournette.

Still suspect a whooping from Red Viper is on the cards

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: September 20, 2019, 10:14:55 am »
PPR bailed me out somewhat last night and got an OK 15 points from Lenny Fournette.

It's going to be brutal and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. I've even started Ridley just for you mate :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: September 20, 2019, 01:23:24 pm »

If it was a bet, the viper of redness would certainly be the one to go with but you know -- you have a sneaky team Buck.

Kyler will get more plays off this week than any QB - except maybe the rookie QB for Carolina (if it goes to Kirk - you're in this)
Denver has to slow the game down to get anything from it -- and Lindsay is not great. Freeman could be the solution.
Edelman could definitely go off against the J  E  T  S   jets jets jets
Bucs defense against a rookie QB on the road could be interesting (Engram might be the only outlet) - cross purposes though
Santos kills you last night but its the kicker

Your problems are:

1.  TE's versus Steelers do very well - Kittle is top class too
2.  Dak is going to get his against the hapless Dolphins (but beware of the Cowboys arrogance - this can change quickly)
3.  McCaffrey did not light it up last week - he could be due in a big game;  Jones is on again off again for the pack
4.  I'd more worried about Watkins and Beckham Jr than Ridley but all are dangerous
5.  Flacco has been targeting Sanders (whom I did not start last week - big mistake) but the Pack may get a pick six lying in wait

Good luck you two --- 

Buck, Kyler to Kirk starts well --- you might have a chance.  Week 3 is a rare bird, seems like there are always regressions to mean
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: September 20, 2019, 01:34:55 pm »
Nice one Trend.  There are 2 shocks on the cards this weekend.  One of them is Notre Dame @ UGA and the other is Buck Pete @ Viper. :)

Yeah Ok I wanted Ridley but hey I've got Julio Jones.

Yep, I am hoping for a Murray/Kirk combo this week but I also reckon we might see Kyler's running game a bit more against the Panthers.

As you say, Bucs could terrorize Jones on his debut, hence why i added that DEF in place of the Bronco's

Not convinced Rolls Royce will do anything out of the ordinary to be honest.

Decisions to be made if AB gets placed on the exempt list as I have Dorsett on the bench.  If Brown doesn't play do I bring Dorsett in?

Dak worries me most for Viper as he could score huge.  Although I have a sneaky feeling Miami might just play for some pride this weekend.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: September 20, 2019, 01:50:50 pm »
Who's team is Lev B in NY with Darnold?

Cos I have one question for you, "what are you smoking over there?"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: September 20, 2019, 01:58:54 pm »
Nice one Trend.  There are 2 shocks on the cards this weekend.  One of them is Notre Dame @ UGA and the other is Buck Pete @ Viper. :)

Yeah Ok I wanted Ridley but hey I've got Julio Jones.

Yep, I am hoping for a Murray/Kirk combo this week but I also reckon we might see Kyler's running game a bit more against the Panthers.

As you say, Bucs could terrorize Jones on his debut, hence why i added that DEF in place of the Bronco's

Not convinced Rolls Royce will do anything out of the ordinary to be honest.

Decisions to be made if AB gets placed on the exempt list as I have Dorsett on the bench.  If Brown doesn't play do I bring Dorsett in?

Dak worries me most for Viper as he could score huge.  Although I have a sneaky feeling Miami might just play for some pride this weekend.

Well, I see Freeman and Jones as a wash - so there's that.
Bucs DEF do need to terrorize the rook QB
Dak should worry you -- hopefully Zeke steals his thunder

In terms of your question, there is no way I would even consider Dorsett this week.  3 reasons:

1.  Two Patriot receivers is a risk -- not only in terms of diversification, but play selection and hoards of players the Pats use
2.  The 3 WR's you have are outstanding - Kirk-Kyler is a must in a fastpaced game where there will be a lot of plays (fast play)
3.  Jets/Pats game tend to be pretty defensive, grinders (not aerial battles with long, big plays)

Now, in terms of my team, two conundrums:

1.  QB - Winston vs NYG at home  (he's a broke dick but he's our broke dick) vs Josh Allen (Running Man) vs CIN at home
2.  WR - Emmanuel Sanders on road at GB versus Randall Cobb at home MIAMI

Thoughts?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: September 20, 2019, 01:59:46 pm »
Who's team is Lev B in NY with Darnold?

Cos I have one question for you, "what are you smoking over there?"

RV, I am going to enjoy your downfall!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: September 20, 2019, 02:15:29 pm »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #550 on: September 20, 2019, 02:20:30 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: September 20, 2019, 02:25:05 pm »
Well to be fair a lot has happened since then...

Traded Kelce
Luck Retired
Cam went to shit
Jamies is overrated
Went up against Killie - scored 175pts
Benched Sanders/Andrews who could have gotten us off the schneid.

Well said Chak
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: September 20, 2019, 02:27:56 pm »
Traded Kelce
Luck Retired
Cam went to shit
Jamies is overrated
Went up against Killie - scored 175pts
Benched Sanders/Andrews who could have gotten us off the schneid.

Well said Chak

Aye, you guys have really fucked it up with your poor decisions.

Well said indeed.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #553 on: September 20, 2019, 02:29:05 pm »

Well said indeed.

:lmao :lmao :lmao
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: September 20, 2019, 02:36:09 pm »

Well said indeed.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: September 20, 2019, 02:57:25 pm »
:lmao top trash talk lads

I did wonder if you’d start Josh Allen this week Trend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: September 20, 2019, 03:06:12 pm »
:lmao top trash talk lads

I did wonder if you’d start Josh Allen this week Trend

Mikey was getting the stick, then I took it on ---- and then Mikey laughed. 

Plus I traded him Waller.  Sheesh, it should be the world versus Carl by now :)   Done with trash for a while.

You like Allen more than Winston?  Not sure.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: September 20, 2019, 03:11:27 pm »
Done with trash for a while.

So you're quitting your team?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: September 20, 2019, 03:27:05 pm »
Well that escalated quickly :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: September 20, 2019, 03:40:36 pm »
So you're quitting your team?

Done with trash talk for now mate!   :)

Never quit, never say die.   So funny you are Carl, come around again, its great fun.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: