Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 883820 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #4000 on: September 6, 2017, 03:22:33 pm »
He's not as fast as he was at his peak. Still has some pace, sure, allied to his awareness on the dribble, touch, it can cover the loss, but that hill has been crested.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: September 6, 2017, 03:40:04 pm »
He's not as fast as he was at his peak. Still has some pace, sure, allied to his awareness on the dribble, touch, it can cover the loss, but that hill has been crested.

He's never been a player that has relied on physical attributes though.  His intelligence and ability with the ball will not decline as his physical ability does.  Obviously, there will come a point where he's not able to play at the highest level but I think he's got some time until that happens. 

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4002 on: September 6, 2017, 03:49:01 pm »
He can play as the playmaker picking through passes, a la David Silva till he's 40. That's not the issue. Every gamebreaker, top dribbler, including Messi relies on that bit of acceleration over the first few yards, no matter how good your touch is. That's going for Messi.

Anyway come to City,  only way to put it to the test haha.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4003 on: September 6, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »
Good grief, do you actually believe some of the ridiculous things you post or are you just on a massive constant trolling mission....?

Go on lets bite, who are the 'more than a handful' of teams who would walk the Premier League?

Maybe not "handful" teams but Bayern, Atletico M, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG and Juventus (and at times Borussia D) all would have walked to the Premiership titles of the past 3-4 years. I am surprised people don't accept this as a fact. The league race has been between some seriously mediocre teams in England in recent past. This year may be different, it remains to be seen. But I don't see how you deny that.

Also, regarding the increasing strength of the league, I thought there were only 2 deluded posters on here. Very surprised to see that people really believe bottom and midtable English teams are improving every year. Statistics (point distribution, points to get to top 4, points to win the league) don't support this, your eyes don't support this idea. Watch bottom English teams and ask yourself are they actually playing good football?
« Last Edit: September 6, 2017, 03:59:44 pm by Xxavi »

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4004 on: September 6, 2017, 03:55:38 pm »
That's the thing.....

The competition is what makes this a tough league. Never mind if you don't see the most technical and aesthetically pleasing sides of the game here, what you do see are teams that will bring you down to their level. Effectively.

That is what makes it a tough league
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4005 on: September 6, 2017, 04:00:03 pm »
These is no statistical evidence to show that this is the case.

Actually mate, there is statistical evidence to show this is the case. From the FT:

Since 2012, Barcelona have spent 25.4 per cent of time in domestic league matches leading by two or more goals. This is followed by Bayern on 25.2 per cent, Real Madrid on 25 per cent, PSG on 20.3 per cent and Juventus on 18.9 per cent. The most dominant English team by this standard is Manchester City on 16 per cent.
The statistics suggest these sides are all able to play at a lower intensity in domestic matches for longer periods, because their home leagues are less competitive — they take a comfortable lead and can therefore conserve more energy. As a result, when domestic and European fixtures come thick and fast, they can focus their efforts more on tougher European matches.

I don't really know how anyone could argue with that.

Just to clarify - it's not the only reason why Barca, Madrid and Munich do better than the top English clubs, but it's a huge advantage they have on top of having better players, no 2nd domestic cup competition and a winter break.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4006 on: September 6, 2017, 04:00:05 pm »
Teams like Atletico and Dortmund wouldn't have 'walked' the PL league title, they would need to adapt to an extra cup competition, and no winter break.  Both teams were/are high intensity and that's much more easy to sustain if you're not playing as many matches and get a nice break midway through the season.

Basically Barca have had a nightmare recently, Real are showing them up, Liverpool wouldn't get them get Coutinho, Messi is not signing a contract and is getting involved in stuff way above his station... and Xxavi is lashing out because of it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4007 on: September 6, 2017, 04:03:16 pm »
That's the thing.....

The competition is what makes this a tough league. Never mind if you don't see the most technical and aesthetically pleasing sides of the game here, what you do see are teams that will bring you down to their level. Effectively.

That is what makes it a tough league
Err... so hold on, you think that Premiership teams were not doing that to ManU that had Rio Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, prime Rooney, Tevez, Giggs and Scholes because of the lack of TV money. Now that they have TV money, they have improved a lot and brought the otherwise great ManU side down to their level?

You think that it is not that Arsenal went crap since the days of Vieira and Henry, it's Southampton and West Ham improved so much so that now they can bring Arsenal down to their level? You think that Chelsea haven't massively regressed from the days of Terry, Essien, Drogba and Lampard, it's Swansea and Crystal Palace who can now bring them down a level?

Hilarious. The tough league is the reason why Moyes' and Van Gaal's ManU struggled then, OK.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: September 6, 2017, 04:03:36 pm »
Basically Barca have had a nightmare recently, Real are showing them up, Liverpool wouldn't get them get Coutinho, Messi is not signing a contract and is getting involved in stuff way above his station... and Xxavi is lashing out because of it.

To be fair to Xxavi, he's always been massively deluded with a psychotic need for everyone to think that not only are Barca the best but they also have no advantages whatsoever compared to other clubs. The Coutinho debacle hasn't affected him in that regard.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4009 on: September 6, 2017, 04:04:16 pm »
Maybe not "handful" teams but Bayern, Atletico M, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG and Juventus (and at times Borussia D) all would have walked to the Premiership titles of the past 3-4 years. I am surprised people don't accept this as a fact. The league race has been between some seriously mediocre teams in England in recent past. This year may be different, it remains to be seen. But I don't see how you deny that.

Also, regarding the increasing strength of the league, I thought there were only 2 deluded posters on here. Very surprised to see that people really believe bottom and midtable English teams are improving every year. Statistics (point distribution, points to get to top 4, points to win the league) don't support this, your eyes don't support this idea. Watch bottom English teams and ask yourself are they actually playing good football?

:lmao

This guy.

The Coutinho thing has actually hurt a lot more than we expected it to hasn't it?

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: September 6, 2017, 04:08:23 pm »
:lmao

This guy.

The Coutinho thing has actually hurt a lot more than we expected it to hasn't it?

I was always under the impression that he was always this weird? Has he got even worse since the Coutinho thing?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: September 6, 2017, 04:11:15 pm »
I was always under the impression that he was always this weird? Has he got even worse since the Coutinho thing?

He cooled down a bit because we didn't really come into contact with them, but yeah now we didn't allow ourselves to be fucked over Coutinho he's right back on it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: September 6, 2017, 04:18:25 pm »

No he has always been like this. Unbearable at times with his closed in views and condescending posts.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4013 on: September 6, 2017, 04:30:16 pm »
Err... so hold on, you think that Premiership teams were not doing that to ManU that had Rio Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, prime Rooney, Tevez, Giggs and Scholes because of the lack of TV money. Now that they have TV money, they have improved a lot and brought the otherwise great ManU side down to their level?

You think that it is not that Arsenal went crap since the days of Vieira and Henry, it's Southampton and West Ham improved so much so that now they can bring Arsenal down to their level? You think that Chelsea haven't massively regressed from the days of Terry, Essien, Drogba and Lampard, it's Swansea and Crystal Palace who can now bring them down a level?

Hilarious. The tough league is the reason why Moyes' and Van Gaal's ManU struggled then, OK.

woahhhh...
was a general point on why I think this league is tough. There are so many nuances in each and every season. The overall standard is poor now compared to before I agree with you but I just don't think its mad to say this is a tough league to win.

Sure you can cherry pick teams and say they would walk this league in the past 4 seasons......but there's no way in hell Leicester should have won it when they did for example even against these English teams.

Anyways ill back the hell outta this...seems abit personal to you  :o
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4014 on: September 6, 2017, 04:35:03 pm »
I think with Xxavi it basically boils down to 'you cant prove Barcelona wouldn't win every game in every season ever in England, and you cant prove they wouldn't beat the All Blacks 100-0, and you cant prove they wouldn't beat the great Australia teams at cricket, and you cant prove Lionel Messi isn't the best singer ever, and you cant prove that Busquets wouldn't win a Best Actor Oscar if he was an actor, and you cant prove that Iniesta doesn't hold the world record for bathing in a tub of beans'

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4015 on: September 6, 2017, 04:35:37 pm »
It's just his roundabout to say we are shit. Yeah, Coutinho hurt.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4016 on: September 6, 2017, 04:46:25 pm »
I think with Xxavi it basically boils down to 'you cant prove Barcelona wouldn't win every game in every season ever in England, and you cant prove they wouldn't beat the All Blacks 100-0, and you cant prove they wouldn't beat the great Australia teams at cricket, and you cant prove Lionel Messi isn't the best singer ever, and you cant prove that Busquets wouldn't win a Best Actor Oscar if he was an actor, and you cant prove that Iniesta doesn't hold the world record for bathing in a tub of beans'

You can prove the last one

http://www.recordholdersrepublic.co.uk/world-record-holders/248/barry-kirk-(captain-beany).aspx

Captain Beany would be a great name for Iniesta though.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4017 on: September 6, 2017, 04:50:54 pm »
Captain Beany would be a great name for Iniesta though.

Have you ever seen Captain Beany and Initesta in the same room together at the same time?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4018 on: September 6, 2017, 04:51:46 pm »
Have you ever seen Captain Beany and Initesta in the same room together at the same time?

Have you ever seen Initesta and Iniesta in the same room together at the same time....?

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: September 6, 2017, 04:54:38 pm »
If I don't post on here, some posters wonder where I am at, and that I don't show up when Barca aren't doing well etc. ;D
If I post, it must be because of Coutinho saga ;D I can only laugh.

Barca have had better players than Coutinho that couldn't be transferred to the club. Barca had better players than Coutinho who transferred but failed at Barca. I wrote here during the transfer window that I would replace Neymar with Dembele and be happy. I am really not that fussed about Coutinho at all. You guys are welcome to think Coutinho saga is what causes me to post in this thread.

From where I stand, some of you are massively arrogant when it comes to English clubs and Premiership (yet, ironically blame Barca for this). Reading through this thread, especially the last 10-15 pages, actually it is you who seem to be hurt by the Coutinho saga. Look at the amount of petty Barca comments. Oh well, I guess I will leave the thread for a while. Don't complain that I disappeared though ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4020 on: September 6, 2017, 04:55:48 pm »
Have you ever seen Initesta and Iniesta in the same room together at the same time....?

Yes

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4021 on: September 6, 2017, 04:56:57 pm »
If I don't post on here, some posters wonder where I am at, and that I don't show up when Barca aren't doing well etc. ;D

Barca have had better players than Coutinho that couldn't be transferred to the club. Barca had better players than Coutinho who transferred but failed at Barca. I wrote here during the transfer window that I would replace Neymar with Dembele and be happy. I am really not that fussed about Coutinho at all. You guys are welcome to think Coutinho saga is what causes me to post in this thread.

From where I stand, some of you are massively arrogant when it comes to English clubs and Premiership (yet, ironically blame Barca for this). Reading through this thread, especially the last 10-15 pages, actually it is you who seem to be hurt by the Coutinho saga. Look at the amount of petty Barca comments. Oh well, I guess I will leave the thread for a while. Don't complain that I disappeared though ;D

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4022 on: September 6, 2017, 05:02:54 pm »

Coutinho isn't Neymar's replacement, but Iniesta's. Anyway i agree with you. Coutinho isn't all that  ;)
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: September 6, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »
Coutinho isn't Neymar's replacement, but Iniesta's. Anyway i agree with you. Coutinho isn't all that  ;)
Isco was Iniesta's replacement. Ceballos could have been. These are the transfers that pissed me off.

Coutinho? I'd have been pissed off if Barca paid more than 80m for him. Even after the Neymar transfer that inflated the market, I'd be pissed off if we paid more than 80m for him. I just don't rate Coutinho THAT high. There you go, hope this helps clarify that I am not a huge Coutinho fan ;D

Offline Achilles Heel

• Son of Thetis and Peleus, King of the Myrmidons. Possibly a hick from the Styx.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4024 on: September 6, 2017, 05:12:10 pm »

So in the last 2 seasons City have been no where near the PL title BUT their record against Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG in live CL matches has been W2 D2 L2. Last year they also W1 L1 against the French Champions who happened to finish higher than PSG. Year before last they topped a group with Juventus in it.

Claiming ALL those teams would walk the PL is a nonsense.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4025 on: September 6, 2017, 05:14:32 pm »
Isco was Iniesta's replacement. Ceballos could have been. These are the transfers that pissed me off.

Coutinho? I'd have been pissed off if Barca paid more than 80m for him. Even after the Neymar transfer that inflated the market, I'd be pissed off if we paid more than 80m for him. I just don't rate Coutinho THAT high. There you go, hope this helps clarify that I am not a huge Coutinho fan ;D

And we would've been pissed off had you payed less that £200m for him so everybody is happy.

As for your list of sides that would walk the Prem,well it is bollocks and even if it were true

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: September 6, 2017, 05:47:45 pm »

It is hardly hurt for people to consider that your precious club have once again acted like a bunch of arseholes while trying to push through transfers and comment accordingly. Also, people are not being arrogant about the PL, merely looking beyond the overly simplistic PL is shit, Spain is awesome line you prefer to peddle when you decide to grace this board with your tedious trolling posting.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: September 6, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: September 6, 2017, 06:27:20 pm »

Good, because we wouldn't sell him even for 200mil. It's just a little bit dumb from Barcelona to embarrass themselves like that. Should have shown some dignity and respect. Probably in the future they'll know with who they are dealing with.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: September 6, 2017, 07:26:09 pm »
Isco was Iniesta's replacement. Ceballos could have been. These are the transfers that pissed me off

I'm sure Isco is devastated being at the best club in Europe polishing his Champions League medals

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #4030 on: September 6, 2017, 07:47:14 pm »

Always amuses me when you of all people call other posters arrogant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: September 6, 2017, 08:22:34 pm »

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #4032 on: September 6, 2017, 08:31:33 pm »

Well, we all agree on two words of that post.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #4033 on: September 6, 2017, 08:37:26 pm »
Can we all just go back to talking about how Barca are run by whiny, lying, entitled pricks? Don't feed Xxavi should be posted at the top of this thread.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4034 on: September 6, 2017, 08:41:58 pm »
I would just like to add, fuck Barca.  8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4035 on: September 6, 2017, 09:21:42 pm »
Good grief, do you actually believe some of the ridiculous things you post or are you just on a massive constant trolling mission....?

Go on lets bite, who are the 'more than a handful' of teams who would walk the Premier League?

As mentioned, Bayern, PSG, Atletico, Real, Barca and Bayern.  That's 6 teams.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #4036 on: September 6, 2017, 10:04:31 pm »

You're right, but they would need to bolster their squads if they were to do so, particularly if they wish to perform in Europe.
Would you agree?

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4037 on: September 6, 2017, 10:12:25 pm »
He can play as the playmaker picking through passes, a la David Silva till he's 40. That's not the issue. Every gamebreaker, top dribbler, including Messi relies on that bit of acceleration over the first few yards, no matter how good your touch is. That's going for Messi.

Anyway come to City,  only way to put it to the test haha.

Think I'd rather Messi puts it to the test by coming to us. Don't understand this desire for him to go to City.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4038 on: September 6, 2017, 10:13:18 pm »
Yeah Messi lad, can you do it on a cold Wednesday night at Anfield?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4039 on: September 7, 2017, 12:38:06 am »

The bottom and mid table teams in the Premier look better the past few years because the teams at the top have regressed.