Author Topic: Pro Cycling 2023  (Read 1464116 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Vuelta a Espaņa 2017.
« Reply #28680 on: October 2, 2017, 06:53:29 pm »
Was that Turgis in the sprint? He'll learn. ;D

Yeah, was him. McLay tho, cool as fuck ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28681 on: October 3, 2017, 09:37:04 am »
Two more races live today.

Tre Valli Varesin, part of the Italian Autumn Classics and Binche-Chimay-Binche, which is part of the Napoleon Cup.

Live streams will be available later, I'll post some links then....for meself....
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28682 on: October 3, 2017, 12:46:27 pm »
Two more races live today.

Tre Valli Varesin, part of the Italian Autumn Classics and Binche-Chimay-Binche, which is part of the Napoleon Cup.

Live streams will be available later, I'll post some links then....for meself....

Yeah, only you. I'm working.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28683 on: October 3, 2017, 02:13:59 pm »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28684 on: October 3, 2017, 04:38:22 pm »
Tre Valli Varesine.

https://youtu.be/Q7iVsvoKA98

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28685 on: October 3, 2017, 07:25:20 pm »

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28686 on: October 5, 2017, 10:15:15 am »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28687 on: October 5, 2017, 11:55:48 am »
Milano-Torino.

Later today the last warm up race for Lombardy. A nice race that is very climber friendly with the finish being two times up to the Basilica aa Superga.

Live pictures later from here.

https://www.procyclinglive.com/video/#

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28688 on: October 5, 2017, 05:52:13 pm »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28689 on: October 5, 2017, 05:57:23 pm »
:wave

Will watch later. :)

Did you get out this week? Thought you had a few days away.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28690 on: October 6, 2017, 06:58:20 pm »
:wave

Will watch later. :)

Did you get out this week? Thought you had a few days away.
I've been out three times and it was all local....Wales and out over to Winter Hill...oh, today I did a little ride out around the Parbold area, just 75 miles.

I'm well pissed off..I wanted to go and watch Lombardy tomorrow and I'm stuck here till Tuesday!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28691 on: October 6, 2017, 06:59:54 pm »
There's CX from the latest round of the Brico Cross at Meulebeke tomorrow and also the last Monument of the year.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28692 on: October 6, 2017, 07:09:46 pm »
Il Lombardia. The Race of the Falling Leaves.

The last and probably my favourite Monument in the calendar.

The race this year is 247 km's long and features numerous iconic climbs, some with the fiercest gradients which will suit the best climbers and puncheurs. A very selective route with six climbs and 4,000 meters of vertical elevation. 8)
The first climb of the day, the Colle Gallo. This is  7.4 km with an average gradient of 6%. The riders then reach the slopes of the Colle Brianza, 7.7 km with an average of 3%.

I think the race proper will start at the 178 km point as riders reach the slopes of the spiritual climb of the Madonna del Ghisallo.In the past I've written of why this is an important place in cycling history, so you all know now know why...si? This is 8.5 km with an average of 6.2% and maximum gradient of 14%. from here the next ascent is of the Colma di Sormano, 5.1 km at an average of 6.6%) before the gut wrenching Muro di Sormano. This is an horrendous Muro. At only 1.9 km long the Muro di Sormano, with an average gradient of 15.8% and maximum gradient 27% will be a very selective point in the race. This one of those climbs that we all wish to visit, I shall this weekend. After debuting in the Tour of Lombardy in the sixties, the climb was ignored for decades before it made a glorious come-back in 12. Since then the Muro has featured in Il Lombardia in 13 and 15.

And then onto the punchy climb of the Civiglio at 4.1 km long with an average of 10%, leading onto the San Fermo della Battaglia, a 2.7 km climb with an average of  7.2% it's up to 10% in places.

I think that whoever it is that crests this final climb with only 5.4 km downhill to the finish line will need to be alone if they want to win off here.

This is another of those days of attrition, only the strong will survive to fight out the win!

The forecast is set very fair for today with a top temperature of 20°C and some sunshine.

Streams from here at 13.00 UK.

When the race was played out on the same course in 2015 I said Nibali would emerge the winner, he duly obliged. An attack from 16 km out on the penultimate climb, Civiglo, a climb and descent that saw him solo to the line, ahead of Moreno and Pinot....I think the same this year, Nibali to win as he has looked really strong in the Autumn Classics.

Having seen how well Uran did at Milano - Turino he must be the other main favourite here.

I expect to see Sunweb putting their push behind Oomen, even though I do think we'll see Dumoulin showing well here as he attempts to win his first one-day race.  while both Aru and Alaphilippe look to be in great form right now, and both have great support for this race, I think it'll be a podium for these two and not the win they desire.

Sky have several cards to play today; Kwiatkowski will be their main rider here, and with anyone of Landa, Poels, Rosa and Henao as wild cards and there's also Moscon. (racist c*nt)

Of the others...I think we'll end up with a very select group of riders in the final km's today.....Martin will want to sign off from his team with another win here, Alaphilippe is the main rider here tho.. Can Geniez show Again..with the support of Bakelants, Pozzovivo and Latour I think he can...Latour in particular should make an early move in support of the team leader.

Yates was strong at M-T and will feature, for sure. Pinot comes here with one thing in mind, a win....he might just do so. Wellens will be in the mix, as we've seen previously here losing out in a sprint for 3rd the year Martin escaped, he finished behind Valverde and Costa...and so to will be Ulissi, along with Atapuma and Costa, these will form a strong three-pronged attack from UAE. Cummings,  Quintana, Visconti, Miguel Angel Lopez, Barguil, Mollema and I expect to see another good ride from Bernal....this will be one of the last times I get to enjoy this super talented rider. BMC....no one of note...Hermans might surprise...Roche, no! Zakarin? Dependent upon how he is, I suppose.

Having seen all of the Italian Autumn Classics I think any of the riders above could take the win here...I'm thinking of all the above that once again there's a stand out name....and that is Nibali.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28693 on: October 6, 2017, 07:14:26 pm »
Is Moscon not banned for deliberately crashing someone? Or did he just get DQd for that race?

....or maybe I made both of that up. He got dq'd in the Worlds, Reichenbach (the FDJ rider who crashed) filed complains against him, but doesn't look like there's any action yet.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2017, 07:18:26 pm by redbyrdz »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28694 on: October 6, 2017, 07:17:45 pm »
Is Moscon not banned for deliberately crashing someone? Or did he just get DQd for that race?
The Worlds was the DSQ.

It was at Tre Valli Varesine that Moscon pushed Reichenbach off his bike.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28695 on: October 6, 2017, 07:19:15 pm »
I've been out three times and it was all local....Wales and out over to Winter Hill...oh, today I did a little ride out around the Parbold area, just 75 miles.

I'm well pissed off..I wanted to go and watch Lombardy tomorrow and I'm stuck here till Tuesday!

You'll see more of the race on the telly anyway.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28696 on: October 6, 2017, 07:20:53 pm »
You'll see more of the race on the telly anyway.
It was more about riding up di Sormano, well trying to...and also doing the road up to the Basilica.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28697 on: October 6, 2017, 07:23:31 pm »
It was more about riding up di Sormano, well trying to...and also doing the road up to the Basilica.

Nothing stopping you from doing that next week?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28698 on: October 6, 2017, 07:29:41 pm »
Nothing stopping you from doing that next week?
I need to be taken to Como in a car first. ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28699 on: October 6, 2017, 07:44:41 pm »
It doesn't belong in here, but eh- just read this, Noam Chomsky on the Trump era (posted by Peabee in the Trump thread), which concludes with this nice bit. :)

DB: To conclude, as we look forward to your 89th birthday, I wonder: Do you have a theory of longevity?

NC: Yes, it’s simple, really. If you’re riding a bicycle and you don’t want to fall off, you have to keep going—fast.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28700 on: October 6, 2017, 07:45:47 pm »
I need to be taken to Como in a car first. ;D

I've come to realise that for a lot of things to do with riding your bike, you actually need a car. :(

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28701 on: October 6, 2017, 07:53:56 pm »
I've come to realise that for a lot of things to do with riding your bike, you actually need a car. :(
If it was earlier in the year I could ride there over a couple of days...wild camp and then ride around in the area.

This is from the 1960 edition of the Giro di Lombardia — Muro di Sormano.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28702 on: October 6, 2017, 08:04:11 pm »
If it was earlier in the year I could ride there over a couple of days...wild camp and then ride around in the area.

This is from the 1960 edition of the Giro di Lombardia — Muro di Sormano.

;D

Think they had something like a 44-23 as their lowest gear in those days.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28703 on: October 7, 2017, 09:06:31 am »
There's CX from the latest round of the Brico Cross at Meulebeke tomorrow and also the last Monument of the year.
Meulebeke is live on VTM today with women's race at 12:45.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28704 on: October 7, 2017, 09:06:57 am »
Il Lombardia. The Race of the Falling Leaves.

The last and probably my favourite Monument in the calendar.

The race this year is 247 km's long and features numerous iconic climbs, some with the fiercest gradients which will suit the best climbers and puncheurs. A very selective route with six climbs and 4,000 meters of vertical elevation. 8)
The first climb of the day, the Colle Gallo. This is  7.4 km with an average gradient of 6%. The riders then reach the slopes of the Colle Brianza, 7.7 km with an average of 3%.

I think the race proper will start at the 178 km point as riders reach the slopes of the spiritual climb of the Madonna del Ghisallo.In the past I've written of why this is an important place in cycling history, so you all know now know why...si? This is 8.5 km with an average of 6.2% and maximum gradient of 14%. from here the next ascent is of the Colma di Sormano, 5.1 km at an average of 6.6%) before the gut wrenching Muro di Sormano. This is an horrendous Muro. At only 1.9 km long the Muro di Sormano, with an average gradient of 15.8% and maximum gradient 27% will be a very selective point in the race. This one of those climbs that we all wish to visit, I shall this weekend. After debuting in the Tour of Lombardy in the sixties, the climb was ignored for decades before it made a glorious come-back in 12. Since then the Muro has featured in Il Lombardia in 13 and 15.

And then onto the punchy climb of the Civiglio at 4.1 km long with an average of 10%, leading onto the San Fermo della Battaglia, a 2.7 km climb with an average of  7.2% it's up to 10% in places.

I think that whoever it is that crests this final climb with only 5.4 km downhill to the finish line will need to be alone if they want to win off here.

This is another of those days of attrition, only the strong will survive to fight out the win!

The forecast is set very fair for today with a top temperature of 20°C and some sunshine.

Streams from here at 13.00 UK.

When the race was played out on the same course in 2015 I said Nibali would emerge the winner, he duly obliged. An attack from 16 km out on the penultimate climb, Civiglo, a climb and descent that saw him solo to the line, ahead of Moreno and Pinot....I think the same this year, Nibali to win as he has looked really strong in the Autumn Classics.

Having seen how well Uran did at Milano - Turino he must be the other main favourite here.

I expect to see Sunweb putting their push behind Oomen, even though I do think we'll see Dumoulin showing well here as he attempts to win his first one-day race.  while both Aru and Alaphilippe look to be in great form right now, and both have great support for this race, I think it'll be a podium for these two and not the win they desire.

Sky have several cards to play today; Kwiatkowski will be their main rider here, and with anyone of Landa, Poels, Rosa and Henao as wild cards and there's also Moscon. (racist c*nt)

Of the others...I think we'll end up with a very select group of riders in the final km's today.....Martin will want to sign off from his team with another win here, Alaphilippe is the main rider here tho.. Can Geniez show Again..with the support of Bakelants, Pozzovivo and Latour I think he can...Latour in particular should make an early move in support of the team leader.

Yates was strong at M-T and will feature, for sure. Pinot comes here with one thing in mind, a win....he might just do so. Wellens will be in the mix, as we've seen previously here losing out in a sprint for 3rd the year Martin escaped, he finished behind Valverde and Costa...and so to will be Ulissi, along with Atapuma and Costa, these will form a strong three-pronged attack from UAE. Cummings,  Quintana, Visconti, Miguel Angel Lopez, Barguil, Mollema and I expect to see another good ride from Bernal....this will be one of the last times I get to enjoy this super talented rider. BMC....no one of note...Hermans might surprise...Roche, no! Zakarin? Dependent upon how he is, I suppose.

Having seen all of the Italian Autumn Classics I think any of the riders above could take the win here...I'm thinking of all the above that once again there's a stand out name....and that is Nibali.
And this too. 8)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28705 on: October 7, 2017, 12:33:48 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28706 on: October 7, 2017, 12:39:28 pm »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28707 on: October 7, 2017, 04:57:21 pm »
Thanks D, was out getting muddy myself. ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28708 on: October 7, 2017, 07:22:21 pm »
I've just read that Bakelandts had a fall at the same place as De Plus and is described as seriously injured.

:(

Will have a look in a bit, need to make food first.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28709 on: October 7, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28710 on: October 7, 2017, 07:53:09 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28711 on: October 7, 2017, 08:02:45 pm »
:o

That doesn't look good!
He's fine, lucky lad. Bakelants tho,  Bakelants has been taken to hospital after suffering a nasty crash at that same spot.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28712 on: October 7, 2017, 08:24:36 pm »
Lombardy, better quality.

https://youtu.be/uxn7AYY5Bjc?t=15m25s

Its sunny and dry. Can't remember how that feels. ???

Strong finish that, like it. ;D
« Last Edit: October 7, 2017, 08:58:08 pm by redbyrdz »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28713 on: October 8, 2017, 07:56:41 am »

The television cameras captured the horrifying crash of Laurens De Plus (Quick-Step Floors) on the descent of the Sormano in Il Lombardia on Saturday, but missed three more incidents of riders falling into the same ravine.

According to the race's medical report, Simone Petilli (UAE Team Emirates), Jan Bakelants (AG2R La Mondiale) and Daniel Martinez (Wilier Triestina), were more seriously injured than De Plus, who was treated in the Cantų hospital for contusions to his right knee and quickly released.

Bakelants was the most seriously injured, having sustained back trauma after falling deeper into the ravine than De Plus. He underwent examinations at the Sant'Anna hospital in Como.

The AG2R La Mondiale squad later confirmed that Bakelants was in stable condition, breathing and moving without assistance and conscious. Team doctor Eric Bouvat said, "After an x-ray and CT scan, the following injuries have been detected: Seven rib fractures, though without any impact on the lungs. A compression-fracture of the first lumbar vertebra and the third lumbar vertebra, the latter of which will require additional examination. An MRI will be carried out tomorrow."

Petilli is being kept under observation at a hospital in Varese, having sustained a concussion and laceration to his forehead as well as contusions to his right shoulder and hip. His team later stated that the 24-year-old suffered a fracture of the right occipital condyle (a fracture in the neck that can be potentially fatal if not discovered), a fracture of the right transverse process of the D1 vertebra, a broken right collarbone and a broken right shoulder blade, in addition to wounds near the right eye."

Daniel Martinez (Wilier Triestina) also crashed in the same location and had injuries to his left side. He was taken to the hospital in Erba for examinations but the team confirmed on Twitter that he had escaped any fractures and would start the Presidential Tour of Turkey as planned.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bakelants-petilli-martinez-injured-in-crash-into-ravine-off-sormano/

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28714 on: October 8, 2017, 07:58:21 am »
DVV Trophy, Ronse and Paris - Tours both later today.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28715 on: October 8, 2017, 02:50:36 pm »
Men's DVV trofee is a pretty good race on a great course.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28716 on: October 8, 2017, 03:54:31 pm »
Men's DVV trofee is a pretty good race on a great course.
Just got in and put the women's race on.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28717 on: October 10, 2017, 05:26:37 pm »
Stage one Tour of Turkey. Last km will suffice.

https://youtu.be/AMpKglepm2c

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28718 on: October 11, 2017, 12:54:13 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #28719 on: October 11, 2017, 05:31:58 pm »
Stage two ToT. Awful stage, last km , once again.

https://youtu.be/B9OyATpKVr4