Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 56048 times)

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?
« on: March 28, 2017, 09:59:03 pm »
Fuck it, new thread.

I'm shaking like a shitting dog in anticipation for Thursday evening.  Teaser Trailer below:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rQ4i0AT8c-M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rQ4i0AT8c-M</a>

Reveal trailer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZJLAJVmggt0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZJLAJVmggt0</a>

Launch trailer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hdWkpbPTpmE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hdWkpbPTpmE</a>

EDZ trailer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AqCJ9V7eVM4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AqCJ9V7eVM4</a>

Live action trailer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LSxElWwWVFE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LSxElWwWVFE</a>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, Destiny had it's flaws and fuck ups, but it has evolved into a fantastic game.  If you haven't played it in a while, pick it up and have a bash.  You'll be surprised.  Nothing has ever kept me playing for so long.

My guess is that the release date is the one that was allegedly leaked last week - 8th September, which is a Friday and would follow the pattern of all of Activision's big releases recently.

EDIT - added the reveal trailer, confirmed for PC and release date is September 8th. Gameplay reveal May 18th.  Beta TBC, hopefully June.

Get.  Fucking.  HYPED.

EDIT: Updated the release date, seeing as they brought it forwards by 2 days for some reason.

Beta live today 18th July.

EDIT:  Launch trailer added

EDIT:  EDZ trailer added

EDIT:  Live action trailer added
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:30:28 pm by Hierro »
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Destiny 2 - No Spoilers Guardians
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:35:52 pm »
the main reason i stopped playing Destiny on PS4 was because it was on PS4, if they release this one on the PC i'll sink a atupid aount of time into it
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:51:02 pm »
Can't wait.

Destiny is by miles the game I still play the most while all the other blockbusters are gathering dust apart from Witcher 3.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:45:49 am »
the main reason i stopped playing Destiny on PS4 was because it was on PS4, if they release this one on the PC i'll sink a atupid aount of time into it

Good news for you then mate :D Maybe not so much your friends and family mind you. Trada, I'm the exact same mate have games remain unopened while I still plunge more hours/days into Destiny.

So excited to get home and crack into the AOT.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 06:20:46 am »
I really enjoyed the gameplay, one of the most satisfying shooters in terms of mechanics. The story was probably the least interesting cobbled together piece of shit ever made for a game of this size and I didn't enjoy the matchmaking perspective especially for the raids (well there wasn't any). I traded it in because it took too long for the expansions to drop, like I'm not gonna sit here for months just shooting the same things waiting for coloured shapes to drop out of its arse.

Hopefully they fix a few aspects of it.

I did really enjoy the beta (and alpha) of Destiny, probably my favourite beta ever, but the beta was practically the game and it offered very little beyond that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:22:47 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 07:32:41 am »
Played the first which was good until you'd done everything once then it became the most painfully boring and most pointless thing I've ever played. Won't be getting the second.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:36:32 am by Anfield89 »

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 09:21:13 am »
As enjoyable a time sink there is. Until you get sick of doing the same shit over and over just to get an item drop at an acceptable light level.  That and having to rely on people who won't quit when you haven't had chance to do the new raid (and dont want to just look it up) that come out 4 days earlier due to actually working. Wonder if they will release quarter of a game again with constant add ons that cost 25 quid or more each time.  End up with what should be the finished article years later having spent well over 100 quid on the c*nt
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:23:46 am by macca007 »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 09:40:52 am »
Looking forward to this! Really torn between getting this on PC and Xbox now.....

PC
Pro - less squeakers
Pro - 4K gaming
Con - smaller community
Con - fewer gamers willing to enter game chat, which is really fucking needed in a raid

#firstworldfuckingproblemseh!

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 06:05:51 pm »
Worldwide reveal trailer (it's awesome):

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/=ZJLAJVmggt0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/=ZJLAJVmggt0</a>
Believe.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 06:08:51 pm »
Where fo you pre-order it to get access to the beta is it at the bungie site?

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 06:29:30 pm »
You can pre-order on PS4 and Xbox through their stores, not sure about PC.
Believe.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 06:29:38 pm »
Horrendous trailer

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 06:31:40 pm »
Horrendous trailer

You're trying to hard.  It was great.
Believe.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 06:33:29 pm »

I'm not trying hard. They revealed nothing except that it a sequel to Destiny, and the forced humour needs some serious work.

Look your excited because you love Destiny, I get it, but for someone who needed an actual reason to buy Destiny 2, aside from playing the first one, well that wasn't it.

You can pre order too so clearly at least show me a reason to pre order, give me a glimpse at some new world's etc
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:36:01 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 06:37:58 pm »
I'm not trying hard. They revealed nothing except that it a sequel to Destiny, and the forced humour needs some serious work.

Look your excited becsuse you love Destiny, I get it, but for someone who needed an actual reason to buy Destiny 2, aside from playing the first one, well that wasn't it.

Forced humour?  Now I know you're trying too hard.

Look, you're being a negative nancy because you hate Destiny, I get it, but for players who need a reason to buy Destiny 2, this should help.
Believe.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 06:59:39 pm »
Seems the cheapest you can pre-order it for is £54.99.

So temped to play the Beta.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 07:07:12 pm »
I'll be ordering the Collector's edition in the next few weeks.  Fingers crossed about the game, with Luke Smith in charge it has every chance.
Believe.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 07:09:10 pm »
Forced humour?  Now I know you're trying too hard.

Look, you're being a negative nancy because you hate Destiny, I get it, but for players who need a reason to buy Destiny 2, this should help.

Actually I don't hate Destiny, infact I played a ton of it until it became shallow through lack of content and I still find the gunplay mechanics one of the most satisfying out there.

No need to get immature and sarcastic with the replies.

If you didn't find the humour in that trailer forced and contrived then I don't know what to tell you. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:33:56 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 07:10:28 pm »
I'll be ordering the Collector's edition in the next few weeks.  Fingers crossed about the game, with Luke Smith in charge it has every chance.

If you buy the Limited edition for an extra £30 does that mean you get all the future addons free of charge? 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:12:25 pm by Trada »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 07:42:17 pm »
If you buy the Limited edition for an extra £30 does that mean you get all the future addons free of charge? 

You'll get the first 2 expansions, in the same way it gave you Dark Below and House of Wolves last time around!

I'm interested and slightly excited for this but still need to know and see more. Apparently the first time we'll see gameplay is mid-May? Feels way too far away. But then Destiny was a big game at E3 for years so I know we'll have a lot shown of it over the coming months.

-

Btw I too felt the humour was a bit forced over Cayde but in the end it was just a fanservice trailer and they were just contrasting how he is compared to Zavala. Up until Taken King, the vanilla game lacked so much character and personality so we can't complain when they then provide too much of it ;D

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 10:19:25 pm »
needs dedicated servers, won't happen and i will still buy it anyway

playing destiny now is probably the best time to play all the raids, as they will all become relevant week by week
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 11:57:45 pm »
Loved the add. Really looking forward to seeing some of the gameplay on May 18th. Will be getting the season pass for sure as we get absolutely smoked on the DLC prices here in oz.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:29 am »
Nah it was a bit shit to be honest

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 08:22:10 am »
I'm interested and slightly excited for this but still need to know and see more.
I'm more like....

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 11:19:49 am »
I haven't played Destiny in a good 6 months and have been clearing out my PS4 friend list as had loads of people from here and elsewhere I used to play with but didn't anymore through lack od Destiny... looks like I'll be needing friend requests again as I will deffo be getting this haha :)

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2017, 12:41:00 pm »
Couple of questions for the more learned amongst you...

Is there any scope for cross platform play?

Will my Xbox achievements port with me to PC?

Will there be dual audio streams (game and chat) on PC?

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #26 on: April 4, 2017, 04:54:59 pm »
Couple of questions for the more learned amongst you...

Is there any scope for cross platform play?

Will my Xbox achievements port with me to PC?

Will there be dual audio streams (game and chat) on PC?

Doubtful.

No.

Dunno.

:)
Believe.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 4, 2017, 06:59:56 pm »
Doubtful.

No.

Dunno.

:)
Ha ha cheers buddy! I did a little bit of snooping online today and your answers are bob on! Although the chance of being cross-platform appear to slim to none ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #28 on: April 5, 2017, 12:23:40 am »
I decided not to buy Mass Effect Andromeda so I can pre-order this for £10 extra.

I hope this time they have a in game way to chat and set up raids etc.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 05:10:49 am »
Finally got round to pre-ordering the standard version £47.99 on the PS4 from Amazon.

Can't wait for the Beta now.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 11:52:35 am »
If they don't do cross platform play they should do single logon linked to your Bungie.net account so you can play your characters on any platform. Would mean I can choose to play with friends on PS4 or PC and not have to level characters on two different accounts.

If they confine you to one platform or don't offer dedicated servers it'd be really disappointing.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 12:04:11 pm »
If they don't do cross platform play they should do single logon linked to your Bungie.net account so you can play your characters on any platform. Would mean I can choose to play with friends on PS4 or PC and not have to level characters on two different accounts.

If they confine you to one platform or don't offer dedicated servers it'd be really disappointing.
The bit of digging I did showed cross platform just won't happen but single Bungie login sounds a fucking brilliant idea! It would actually increase sales as daft bastards like me would buy it on two platforms!!

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:52 am »
Looking forward to the game play live streaming event tomorrow at 6pm. I wonder if they will say anything about the Beta or will they leave that until E3.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 11:17:27 am »
Looking forward to the game play live streaming event tomorrow at 6pm. I wonder if they will say anything about the Beta or will they leave that until E3.
I reckon they'll announce a closed Alpha in the stream

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 01:55:39 pm »
I think it will be a much more open world scope compared to Destiny and The Taken King, as it will no longer be restricted to last gen processing power. But the feel of the game and the mechanics will be much of the same with different powers for the classes of warrior we play. I think overall it will be a really good FPS MMO RPG!

Very much looking forward to the reveal tonight :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 05:20:43 pm »
I think it will be a much more open world scope compared to Destiny and The Taken King, as it will no longer be restricted to last gen processing power. But the feel of the game and the mechanics will be much of the same with different powers for the classes of warrior we play. I think overall it will be a really good FPS MMO RPG!

Very much looking forward to the reveal tonight :D
One of the main open world changes I'd like to see, would be social hubs within the locations, and the open world locations to be bigger as well, imagine being on patrol on Earth or wherever, and having hubs with vendors accessible in those areas, rather than going to orbit and travelling to the Social hubs every time.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 05:34:21 pm »
27 minutes to go.

Seems to be streaming well on Twitch on the PS4,

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 05:49:48 pm »
Lance Reddick being interviewed now, says Zavala is actually in the fight this time, which will be cool, he actually plays Destiny, he's in two or three of my favourite shows, and now it transpires that he's a Destiny player, can he get any cooler?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:51:29 pm by Flaccido Dongingo »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2017, 06:09:14 pm »
There is match making for everything.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 06:24:53 pm »
It look brilliant.