Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 168106 times)

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2017, 12:40:09 am »
I enjoyed it a great deal....for about 10 minutes when we pulled it back to 2-2
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2017, 11:12:07 am »
Do ye ever feel its too much? After Sunderland and now today I'm just done in and feel like absolute shite. I just can't seem to be able to cope when we loose especially when we were so close to challenging.  All I want this club to do is win the league but i dont think it's ever going to happen. Gone for another year now Gutted!

Pretty much. It pisses me off far more than it should

Had a conversation with a mate yesterday - it just feels like the same old shit year after year . Regardless of the manager we have , the players we have, it's the same problems time and time again .

It's just kind of disheartening , you know?doesnt help when you can only get to anfield a few times a season and the place is just void of any atmosphere whatsoever despite the best efforts of some

... jeez, that was a bit depressing . Plus points? We have klopp, mane will be back soon and we'll have our favoured front three and lallana back in his best position. Matip to come back into defence . Stay positive ...

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2017, 11:18:32 am »
Loving this season. Good bunch of lads trying to play exciting football and enjoying it. Going through a tough period at the moment though and need our support
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2017, 11:19:41 am »
Yes, but the mammoth expectations when we are potentially on the verge of something really can be a drag when we hit that bump in the road, it puts you on the floor, a state of depression. But as a fanbase, the big highs go hand in hand with the big lows, so what can you do but suck it up?

Feels like I've been watching that same amateurish defensive performance keep rearing its ugly head for about 5 years now.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:21:17 am by Bunter »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2017, 11:32:54 am »
Yes, but the mammoth expectations when we are potentially on the verge of something really can be a drag when we hit that bump in the road, it puts you on the floor, a state of depression. But as a fanbase, the big highs go hand in hand with the big lows, so what can you do but suck it up?

Feels like I've been watching that same amateurish defensive performance keep rearing its ugly head for about 5 years now.

Why don't you just take a step back for a moment, and look at where we are? While I understand that you can get demoralised when things like this happen, you have to look at the bigger picture. This is Jurgen's first full season as our manger, he hasn't even got  his full team yet, but already we have had a season of seeing our lads playing some lovely football. Days when we have knocked our opposition aside.  Yes of course we get the down's as well which is natural when you are developing a team. The fact is you are getting to hit the floor at times as well, but its  how you react to the setbacks that indicate how we come back from them.

I can't take this season as anything other than a positive. If Jurgen has us playing this well with the team he has at the moment, what's it going to be like when  he gets his full team and squad? The skies the limit in my view. Which for me makes the setbacks we face at the moment somewhat easier to bear :)

Also we have to remember the reason we've seen so many false dawns is our high turnover of managers recently. We need to stick with this guy, keep faith, support him, and trust that he will bring us what we all crave.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2017, 11:44:41 am »

5 ? Been best part of 27 bar one or 2 seasons under Gerard and Rafa

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2017, 12:28:39 pm »
We've hit a bit of a blip recently - as all teams do at some point - but I'm still pretty confident that we'll finish our league campaign strongly. Not having Mane and Matip available for selection has been a pain in the bollox but fuck it, I'm sure we'll kick on again when they eventually come back.

While I don't think it's fair to dismiss Leicester's title win, and while I'm not normally one for using ifs and buts, I still think it's pretty fair to say that had Leicester not managed to pull off one the biggest shocks in the history of club football then we'd have seen a title fight between Spurs and Arsenal last season. We finished 10 and 11 points (respectively) behind those clubs last year so the fact that we're now in amongst the pair of them and tussling for 2nd place is an absolute fucking testament to the job our manager is doing. 

I know most football forums are prone to suffering from mood swings, especially after a poor result, but yesterday was particularly bad on here. Some people writing off our title chances, others saying we need to sign as many as 7 new players. A complete and total loss of perspective. Too many people forgetting where we finished last season and already expecting way too much. Which again, I guess is credit to our manager. Sure, there is still plenty of work still to do, but fuck me, given how short a time he's been here, and given how steeply our trajectory is moving upwards, I can't fathom how any red couldn't be enjoying this season so far. It's been howl

Turn Southampton over at home and we'll have a day out at Wembley to look forward to. And not just any other day out either. If we get the mancs it will be a fucking cracking buzz. On top of that we have a home draw in the next round of the FA cup. Send the kids out again and see how they do. There are at least 3 of them who are nailed on to become first team regulars over the coming years so blood them away I say. Let them at it. See how far they can go. If we make round 6 then the senior players will probably take over from there. But I'd love to see the kids given another run out against Wolves next week

As for this league challenge of ours. Yesterday certainly took some wind out of our sails. I'll admit it felt like a kick in the bollox. As did our draws with the mancs and Sunderland. 3 league games without a win now and Chelsea have Hull at home today. One would have to assume Chelsea will pick up 3 points, as should Arsenal at home to Burnely. So by tonight we should be looking at a top 4 of:

1. Chelsea       55
2. Arsenal       47
3. Spurs          46
4. Liverpool     45   

Even taking our recent blip into account, that is still a pretty strong position to be in. We're more than capable of beating Chelsea at home and it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility for Arsenal to go to Stamford Bridge the following week and take points off them too. There are always, ALWAYS, twists turns and surprises in this league. Especially when you get to the last 15 games. 10 points behind with 16 games to go is not insurmountable. Sure, it's bit of a gap alright but it's doable. If we can regain some consistency when Mane and Matip return and stay in the thick of it then we'll give Chelsea something to think about

If we were 7 points behind with 5 games to go then I don't think anyone would be throwing in the towel. That would still count as an active title challenge. If we were 5 points behind with 3 games to go then same thing. It would still be a real possibility. So why the fuck should we give up when there are still 16 games to go? 10 points can be eaten into. It can be done. Give Chelsea a hiding in 2 weeks and we'll get this show back on the road. Of that I have no doubt. A good result for Arsenal the following week and the title is essentially a 4-way shoot out

What's not to enjoy? :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:31:54 pm by Billy The Kid »
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2017, 12:32:45 pm »
What's not to enjoy :)

Excellent post mate.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2017, 12:36:10 pm »
We've hit a bit of a blip recently - as all teams do at some point - but I'm still pretty confident that we'll finish our league campaign strongly. Not having Mane and Matip available for selection has been a pain in the bollox but fuck it, I'm sure we'll kick on again when they eventually come back.

While I don't think it's fair to dismiss Leicester's title win, and while I'm not normally one for using ifs and buts, I still think it's pretty fair to say that had Leicester not managed to pull off one the biggest shocks in the history of club football then we'd have seen a title fight between Spurs and Arsenal last season. We finished 10 and 11 points (respectively) behind those clubs last year so the fact that we're now in amongst the pair of them and tussling for 2nd place is an absolute fucking testament to the job our manager is doing. 

I know most football forums are prone to suffering from mood swings, especially after a poor result, but yesterday was particularly bad on here. Some people writing off our title chances, others saying we need to sign as many as 7 new players. A complete and total loss of perspective. Too many people forgetting where we finished last season and already expecting way too much. Which again, I guess is credit to our manager. Sure, there is still plenty of work still to do, but fuck me, given how short a time he's been here, and given how steeply our trajectory is moving upwards, I can't fathom how any red couldn't be enjoying this season so far. It's been howl

Turn Southampton over at home and we'll have a day out at Wembley to look forward to. And not just any other day out either. If we get the mancs it will be a fucking cracking buzz. On top of that we have a home draw in the next round of the FA cup. Send the kids out again and see how they do. There are at least 3 of them who are nailed on to become first team regulars over the coming years so blood them away I say. Let them at it. See how far they can go. If we make round 6 then the senior players will probably take over from there. But I'd love to see the kids given another run out against Wolves next week

As for this league challenge of ours. Yesterday certainly took some wind out of our sails. I'll admit it felt like a kick in the bollox. As did our draws with the mancs and Sunderland. 3 league games without a win now and Chelsea have Hull at home today. One would have to assume Chelsea will pick up 3 points, as should Arsenal at home to Burnely. So by tonight we should be looking at a top 4 of:

1. Chelsea       55
2. Arsenal       47
3. Spurs          46
4. Liverpool     45   

Even taking our recent blip into account, that is still a pretty strong position to be in. We're more than capable of beating Chelsea at home and it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility for Arsenal to go to Stamford Bridge the following week and take points off them too. There are always, ALWAYS, twists turns and surprises in this league. Especially when you get to the last 15 games. 10 points behind with 16 games to go is not insurmountable. Sure, it's bit of a gap alright but it's doable. If we can regain some consistency when Mane and Matip return and stay in the thick of it then we'll give Chelsea something to think about

If we were 7 points behind with 5 games to go then I don't think anyone would be throwing in the towel. That would still count as an active title challenge. If we were 5 points behind with 3 games to go then same thing. It would still be a real possibility. So why the fuck should we give up when there are still 16 games to go? 10 points can be eaten into. It can be done. Give Chelsea a hiding in 2 weeks and we'll get this show back on the road. Of that I have no doubt. A good result for Arsenal the following week and the title is essentially a 4-way shoot out

What's not to enjoy? :)

Fantastic post exactly how I feel.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2017, 02:29:06 pm »
Yes, definitely enjoying it. The Swansea game was a bit of a bummer, but shit happens. Football teams lose football games from time to time, and the bigger picture is just too promising for me to get worked up about it or let it ruin my weekend.

It's supposed to be fun this - not only winning, but the whole journey - and I think it can all get a bit tense if we get too hung up in the whole title challenge thing. One loss and it's suddenly a disaster..not for me that. Takes the joy out of it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2017, 03:13:01 pm »
How the fuck can you not enjoy it when we're currently going at over 2 points and goals per game, considering what we've been recently? Bah.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2017, 07:17:37 pm »
Let's just come out of January unscathed (still in top 4 and progress in both cups) then I'll start enjoying it again.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2017, 10:15:02 am »
Yes. It's fuckin gorgeous to be able to dream. It's gorgeous to have dreams that can be shattered when they're the kind of dreams that can be addressed in other ways and even other years.

I have not enjoyed much of Liverpool FC's matches lately. But the journey they're taking me on is tremendous.

I can't help but get excited for the future. I do want a result, I want to start winning again, and how.

But I don't think our manager knows how to give up, and I very much enjoy having him running our great club. It's a magnificent feeling when it works  :)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 26, 2017, 10:57:02 am »
I'm enjoying everything about the season and can't wait for the next one to start.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2017, 01:14:11 pm »
Right now? No. Who enjoys watching Liverpool labour?

Every side has periods where they struggle though, the hope is always that lessons are learned and that you move forward stronger as a result.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2017, 03:42:10 pm »
na not enjoying it

last night just pissed me off

i hate losing
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2017, 03:45:22 pm »
How can anyone been enjoying the last month

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2017, 03:52:55 pm »
How can anyone been enjoying the last month
:(
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2017, 04:33:04 pm »
It all feels very rodgers-esqe at the moment but not wrote klopp off yet, he still has time but wouldnt want this dipto  carry on much longer for his sake.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2017, 04:42:07 pm »
Not enjoyed our worst January since 1993 no.

But overall yes....been a bit of a rollercoaster so far.....and hopefully we finish somewhere in the top 4 with a cup, which is what I wanted in the summer.

Lessons learnt and acted upon ....one step closer to become a proper Klopp team with the personnel he wants...with each passing game and experience this is happening.

Lets follow up that dogshit January with a cracking remainder of the season, yknow, after we finish off January in a season-defining game  :o
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline red4good

• Main Stander
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2017, 06:24:30 pm »
Enjoying what ?
After a bright start of fluent football with the rare odd grind out result
Were in free fall with no obvious strategy to halt it
Weve been worked out even by Plymouth we dont have the squad to cope are strikers are below mid table standard  and now FSG are announcing contract extensions in the transfer window to put spin on there reluctance to spend anything
Were hurtling towards Europa league qualification land more Selfie sticks on a Thursday night
Football is all about opinions but fuck me you have to be blind not to see where are seasons going 🤔

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2017, 06:33:08 pm »
Enjoying what ?
After a bright start of fluent football with the rare odd grind out result
Were in free fall with no obvious strategy to halt it
Weve been worked out even by Plymouth we dont have the squad to cope are strikers are below mid table standard  and now FSG are announcing contract extensions in the transfer window to put spin on there reluctance to spend anything
Were hurtling towards Europa league qualification land more Selfie sticks on a Thursday night
Football is all about opinions but fuck me you have to be blind not to see where are seasons going 🤔

No doubt we're in a bad run of form and I'm as down as most on here. I hate losing, absolutely hate it. But fuck me this is really defeatist. As quickly as a poor run of form can appear, it can also disappear. Things can change in football that quickly. So try and have a bit of belief that we can turn it around.

As for our strikers being below mid-table standard, that's a crock of shit as well.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2017, 06:34:22 pm »

It is somewhat horrible to imagine where it could all end up God forbid. CL qualification is a must an absolute must, Europa league qualification well if we have to but for me no thanks not worth the hassle of playing on a Thursday.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2017, 06:41:56 pm »
United supporter next to me just saw this thread title and said "Are you enjoying it? What ... getting fucked up the arse?" and proceeded to laugh.

He's not too far right to be fair. lol

One of those months to avoid watching MOTD.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2017, 06:43:15 pm »
How about not even thinking about the worst case scenario? We've had a bad month for sure. The start of this year has been crap. I was so pissed off last night and I was still in a bad mood this morning, but I've come around now. There are still plenty of games left to get back on track and plenty of games to make sure we qualify for the CL. So lets not try and think about the Europa league for the time being now eh?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2017, 06:46:52 pm »
United supporter next to me just saw this thread title and said "Are you enjoying it? What ... getting fucked up the arse?" and proceeded to laugh.

He's not too far right to be fair. lol

One of those months to avoid watching MOTD.

United fans have no room to take the piss. They are SIXTH sitting 4 points behind us having assembled the most expensive squad in world football. Just remind that Utd fan of that.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2017, 07:02:21 pm »
United fans have no room to take the piss. They are SIXTH sitting 4 points behind us having assembled the most expensive squad in world football. Just remind that Utd fan of that.

I went one better. I called him a fucking twat and currently pondering peeing in his coffee.

I prefer a more mature approach to life.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2017, 07:19:55 pm »
I went one better. I called him a fucking twat and currently pondering peeing in his coffee.

Do it.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2017, 10:16:42 pm »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2017, 11:02:19 pm »
are strikers are below mid table standard

Yet amazingly we're still the highest scoring team in the league with 51 goals

How many mid-table teams can you name who've score more than 50 league goals this season?

Actually, I'll make it easier on you. How many mid-table teams can you name who have scored more than 30 league goals this season?

Our strikers are mid-table standard? Of course they are lad ::)

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 26, 2017, 11:22:54 pm »
Yet amazingly we're still the highest scoring team in the league with 51 goals

How many mid-table teams can you name who've score more than 50 league goals this season?

Actually, I'll make it easier on you. How many mid-table teams can you name who have scored more than 30 league goals this season?

Our strikers are mid-table standard? Of course they are lad ::)

He's lucky he's got that Suarez lad lashing them in every week
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2017, 02:25:05 am »
I didn't enjoy Wednesday night one bit, but that's what football's about isn't it? The result is what you go for, you go to see your team put their balls on the line and win, and when they don't you leave absolutely gutted. I'm inconsolable for a few hours when we lose, I fucking hate it, but those are the moments that make it so much sweeter when you win.

I was in Basel, drove 15 fucking hours there and back, and i look back and hate it. I don't even talk about it because it hurts so much that we blew it. But do you know what, the next time we're in a major final I'll be there and when Jurgen and his squad are lifting whatever trophy it is I'll remember how shit I felt in Basel and enjoy it even more.

We're not meant to enjoy it every week, that's not what we signed up for. We're meant to feel shit sometimes and we're meant to feel fucking brilliant at others, and I for one wouldn't want any other team in the land putting me in a shite mood more than this one.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2017, 02:40:58 am »
It all feels very rodgers-esqe at the moment but not wrote klopp off yet, he still has time but wouldnt want this dipto  carry on much longer for his sake.

See I don't get this at all. Why would that even slightly be considered? Klopp's not perfect, nobody is, but there is nobody in the world that is better suited to being our manager. Writing Klopp off at any point would be foolish - he's our manager and will get us there, just wait out this shit period.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2017, 02:58:32 am »
I always enjoy the journey year in year out - you find positives along the way, this year for example - Lallana new role, Matip coming in and looking boss, Mane adding another dimension etc

I am also dissapointed we've had the biggest trophy drought in a decade since before Shankly - 1 trophy in 10 years is alarming.

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
  • OG__ on the old Shanklygates forum...
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2017, 03:13:17 am »
I think the over-reactions are typical but annoying.  A little bit of luck, if that's the right word, perhaps 'quality' is better, in the finishing and we'd have done Saints the other day.  Forster's line save was bordering on the superhuman.  Another day, in a hotter vein of form we would have got the earlier goal.  Are we at Barcelona levels? No.  Are we shoo-ins for the league? No.  Are we entertaining to watch? Hell yeah. Is it all over in the league? Don't be silly, it's still January and we have Chelsea next week. 
Remember kids: Say no to the Owl...

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2017, 07:42:42 am »
Of course. We were spoilt wih some of the footy we played at the start of the season but we're still under par for course. Without the highs/lows you can't truly appreciate the flipside. We just need to dig in and this is where we come into our own.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2017, 07:49:36 am »
I think the over-reactions are typical but annoying.  A little bit of luck, if that's the right word, perhaps 'quality' is better, in the finishing and we'd have done Saints the other day.  Forster's line save was bordering on the superhuman.  Another day, in a hotter vein of form we would have got the earlier goal.  Are we at Barcelona levels? No.  Are we shoo-ins for the league? No.  Are we entertaining to watch? Hell yeah. Is it all over in the league? Don't be silly, it's still January and we have Chelsea next week.

Exactly had that been the start of the season that would have gone in, as everything we kicked ended up in the back of the net. Now we are facing a situation where things are not quite happening in front of goal, it is just part of the problem. It also explains why the squad look so knackered, as when things don't go your way everything becomes more of a struggle. You feel fatiqued in your mind your legs feel heavier, you have lost that extra length of speed. When you try something it doesn't come off, and all you can hear is thousands of people moaning around the stadium. So it begins again the constant circle of negativety.

We need to show more patience on a player when he is trying things instead jumping on him with annoyance. The only way we will turn it around is to play our way out of it, but it becomes a lot harder when the crowd are jumping on indivduals. We need to get behind them, show patience and encouragement. If we beat Chelsea we will come alive again, the tiredness will disappear we'll found that extra stride, that's missing at the moment. We'll get our second wind, people will come back to the fold, and begin to believe again. 

It's the easiest thing in the world to be a supporter of a team that's putting four goals away every game. But at a time like this this is where the true supporters show themselves, by sticking with a team that is struggling. By playing their part in helping the team regain their confidence, by keeping the faith, and not ranting at every set back we suffer. The team and crowd together are unbeatable especially at Anfield. But for now the supporters too have to step up and support the team through this bad spell.

We still have a chance to turns things around and make something of the season. We are fourteen points better off than last season, we're the top goal scoring team in the league. If people really cannot see just how much we've improved, then I don't think anything will satisfy them sadly.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:52:24 am by jillc »

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2017, 09:17:21 am »
But do you know what, the next time we're in a major final I'll be there and when Jurgen and his squad are lifting whatever trophy it is I'll remember how shit I felt in Basel and enjoy it even more.

This is what I was telling myself after the game on Wednesday. After 13/14, FA Cup semi defeat by Villa, League Cup final defeat by City, EL defeat by Seville and Wednesday night the next trophy is going to feel so good.

We're not meant to enjoy it every week, that's not what we signed up for. We're meant to feel shit sometimes and we're meant to feel fucking brilliant at others, and I for one wouldn't want any other team in the land putting me in a shite mood more than this one.

From personal experience I feelthe same. The result always matters. But when I was going the game all the time it wasn't the absolute be-all and end-all of my enjoyment of following the Reds. It was going with your mates, having a laugh and enjoying the highs and the lows of watching the Reds week in, week out.

I go the game a lot less regularly now so most of the time I'm watching the game from at home. For me, there's definitely a different feeling from watching primarily in the ground to watching at home. I feel I'm a lot more focused on the result alone when watching at home. I actually find it more stressful watching on the TV than at the game. It's less a enjoyable experience all round. The result becomes a much bigger primary focus. I'm not 100% sure why and I've often wondered if that's replicated with others. And is a potential reason why we see the outpouring of angst on social media as soon as we have a defeat.

I still enjoy it though. And with Klopp in charge it's been a great fun so far. There was always going to be bumps in the road. Anyone who thought there wouldn't is naive in the extreme. But when we get over this blip it's going to be boss again. Even better for those who showed faith in the players and manager.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:19:00 am by Jookie »
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2017, 09:41:22 am »
I didn't enjoy Wednesday night one bit, but that's what football's about isn't it? The result is what you go for, you go to see your team put their balls on the line and win, and when they don't you leave absolutely gutted. I'm inconsolable for a few hours when we lose, I fucking hate it, but those are the moments that make it so much sweeter when you win.

I was in Basel, drove 15 fucking hours there and back, and i look back and hate it. I don't even talk about it because it hurts so much that we blew it. But do you know what, the next time we're in a major final I'll be there and when Jurgen and his squad are lifting whatever trophy it is I'll remember how shit I felt in Basel and enjoy it even more.

Me in a nutshell! saved me writing it. same thing with basel. just cant wait for that taste of sweet success when it finally comes!! Football has its ups and downs but guys were still 4th coming in to feb lets keep our chins up ay!

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2017, 09:45:31 am »
Given the number of "Just win" or "I would take a shit performance if it means all 3 points" that we see in every pre-match thread just goes to show that it's the results that ultimately matter..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..