21 (6.5%)
Labour
70 (21.8%)
GP
11 (3.4%)
Ind/Others
77 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 321

Author Topic: The Irish Politics Thread.  (Read 460701 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: The Irish Politics Thread.
« Reply #5440 on: April 8, 2021, 07:41:37 pm »
Using the Good Friday agreement and the Bobby Storey Funeral as an excuse is shocking from the DUP, they are failing as a political party and letting their fear of a United Ireland tear communities apart. In addition the failure to bring the North out of financial turmoil is not helping with the 18-25 age group in the north with the highest rates of uneployment in Europe.

Politics is failing the people and outlets like this will always be a fallback until the political class cops the fuck on. It'll take a genertion or more to sort but the sactarain elecments need binning and now, look at the rioters being applauded on by adults who stand by and cheers them on, that mindset needs to be tackled head on, again the political class need to do this.

Tigers Bay, The Bogside, The Falls, The Shankill to name a few, when children/teens walk out the front door they are met by the past as mural after mural greet them as they play and go to school with B Coy banners and Bobby Sands paraded in front of them as a reminder of a past that most want gone and some wont let go.

Foster and the likes of Sammy Wilson are poison and need to be sent packing, the Republican side need to get rid of the IRA chants and retoric as do the Loyists mind you. Boris needs to step in and calm it downbecause he is the one who can by putting the DUP on the back foot, Brits are the king makers here.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2021, 07:43:31 pm by Sarge »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5441 on: April 8, 2021, 09:09:34 pm »
Something tells me that the recent trouble has more to do with loyalist drug gangs aka the UVF/UDA than anything purely political. These lot were ready to kick off well before Arlene Foster came up with excuses of a Republican funeral as being contentious. They were threatening customs staff at the docks, and they all gathered for a bit of a shindig as the walked past the police in mass and nothing was done. I'm thinking Brexit and the additional checks is making their little drug peddling life a little bit harder as avenues for imports are squeezed and their shit is being found.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5442 on: April 8, 2021, 09:20:56 pm »
Certainly a part to play in it Mac i agree, whats the situation like up North tonight?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5443 on: April 8, 2021, 09:21:53 pm »
UDA and UVF are still active and only in name while peddilg gear, youth of today see them as heros and they get caught up in the drug dealing.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5444 on: April 8, 2021, 09:30:26 pm »
Loyalists allowed to run riot all week, burn cars and buses yet a few nationalists go out and the water cannons and dogs are out immediately.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5445 on: April 8, 2021, 09:32:16 pm »
Loyalists allowed to run riot all week, burn cars and buses yet a few nationalists go out and the water cannons and dogs are out immediately.

Heard some of them on Newstalk this morning, they had a reporter from the Pat Kenny show on the Shankill and most of the locals were saying that thay are discriminated against and the Catholics get everything, loss of culture (Marching i'm guessing) and forgotten about by Stormont, but Sinn Féin fault not DUP.

Some nice wee youths screamed into his mic KAT.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2021, 09:34:22 pm by Sarge »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5446 on: April 8, 2021, 09:59:17 pm »

To be fair, the water cannons were on their way tonight even before it kicked off, could never have known where it would escalate most.

I think the police have done a decent job this week. If they had gone in hard at the start the narrative might have been different. They’ve tried to let it fizzle out but are bringing in the heavies now.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5447 on: April 8, 2021, 10:03:35 pm »
Something tells me that the recent trouble has more to do with loyalist drug gangs aka the UVF/UDA than anything purely political. These lot were ready to kick off well before Arlene Foster came up with excuses of a Republican funeral as being contentious. They were threatening customs staff at the docks, and they all gathered for a bit of a shindig as the walked past the police in mass and nothing was done. I'm thinking Brexit and the additional checks is making their little drug peddling life a little bit harder as avenues for imports are squeezed and their shit is being found.

There’s definitely something in that. Something would have kicked off eventually even without it though, especially leading up to the 12th. The recent UDA busts have just brought it forward.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5448 on: April 8, 2021, 10:23:45 pm »
Certainly a part to play in it Mac i agree, what's the situation like up North tonight?
Not really sure, as it's not really going on near where I am. Was out walking the dogs about an hour ago and if there was something going on, the helicopters would be buzzing around. I think it's just mostly being confined to one or two areas, and from my experience, that's really nothing too concerning. What worries me is that the spineless cowardly c*nts in the loyalist paramilitaries are directing kids to deliberately try to breach the gates in the lower Falls area.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5449 on: April 9, 2021, 12:06:12 am »
Not really sure, as it's not really going on near where I am. Was out walking the dogs about an hour ago and if there was something going on, the helicopters would be buzzing around. I think it's just mostly being confined to one or two areas, and from my experience, that's really nothing too concerning. What worries me is that the spineless cowardly c*nts in the loyalist paramilitaries are directing kids to deliberately try to breach the gates in the lower Falls area.

Yes that is a worry.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5450 on: April 9, 2021, 12:14:02 am »
Heard some of them on Newstalk this morning, they had a reporter from the Pat Kenny show on the Shankill and most of the locals were saying that thay are discriminated against and the Catholics get everything, loss of culture (Marching i'm guessing) and forgotten about by Stormont, but Sinn Féin fault not DUP.

Some nice wee youths screamed into his mic KAT.

:lmao Fuck me, they must have very short memories. Any move towards parity is seen as a loss of culture and a form of discrimination. Had it their own way for far too long.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5451 on: April 9, 2021, 03:41:08 am »
:lmao Fuck me, they must have very short memories. Any move towards parity is seen as a loss of culture and a form of discrimination. Had it their own way for far too long.

You know the Afrikaners we're robbed of servants when Apartheid fell apart.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5452 on: April 9, 2021, 09:28:02 am »
It's a right mess over here, and there's an awful lot of talk that tonight will be the worst yet. It's the Loyalist UVF and UDA driving it, they're sitting back and egging the wee scrotes on, bigging them up to be tough men. Give them a few cans, give them a bit of drugs even, maybe throw them and their mates a few quid. The wee b**tards lap it up because they have nothing else to do and they think they get respect in their community for it.  And it snowballs. One side riots, the other side think not enough is being done and they start. It's petty and its embarassing. Where are the parents ?  The parents in a lot of them areas encourage it. That's a fact.
I drove past a place the other night, cops had it sealed off for a suspect object, but you know the signs. I whastapped a few of my friends to say to stay away, something would kick off soon. Had to drive by again later and sure enough there was about 50 young lads gathered. The cops dont help, they were revving their engines, goading them. I counted 12 jeaps, and seen 6 more in a nearby car park. Then its a full blown riot. Talking to a fella the next day and this is his words I swear to god - I took my wee lad down a walk to watch. He asked could he throw something, I said yeah go ahead son, make your daa proud.
Lovely place at times eh

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5453 on: April 9, 2021, 12:59:57 pm »
It's a right mess over here, and there's an awful lot of talk that tonight will be the worst yet. It's the Loyalist UVF and UDA driving it, they're sitting back and egging the wee scrotes on

Bit of a quandary now that Philip has died.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5454 on: April 9, 2021, 01:05:36 pm »
Sure, they'll just blame that on the Shinners too. Win win.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5455 on: April 9, 2021, 02:19:09 pm »

Another excuse for a gathering/riot for a lot of them. There was a message going about, encouraging a lot of them to meet at a certain time and place, I quote -Earn their strips.
If you didn't know any better you could be forgiven they were a bunch of lads heading to Angels.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5456 on: April 9, 2021, 07:09:47 pm »
Maybe start with the 13 & 14 year olds running riot and redden their arzes so they could not sit down for a week. That would probably take 50% of the idiots off the streets up there.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5457 on: April 9, 2021, 07:32:52 pm »
Maybe start with the 13 & 14 year olds running riot and redden their arzes so they could not sit down for a week. That would probably take 50% of the idiots off the streets up there.

Its their culture dont you know.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5458 on: April 9, 2021, 07:40:48 pm »
DUP (Gavin Robinson) has called for protests/riots to be postponed tonight as a mark of respect.  Guess that’s ok then.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5459 on: April 9, 2021, 07:47:21 pm »
DUP (Gavin Robinson) has called for protests/riots to be postponed tonight as a mark of respect.  Guess that’s ok then.

FFS ;D Could not make it up.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5460 on: April 9, 2021, 07:50:21 pm »

What a fantastic, empathy based and humanitarian gesture that is.

Is he the one that shot JR?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5461 on: April 9, 2021, 08:06:14 pm »
Is that the literal tone and language he used? I'd laugh if it wasn't expected from those lot, but it is, so...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5462 on: April 9, 2021, 08:11:20 pm »
:lmao

What would those idiots know about respect?

Recreational rioters know nothing about how to earn or give respect.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5463 on: April 9, 2021, 08:36:38 pm »
Is that the literal tone and language he used? I'd laugh if it wasn't expected from those lot, but it is, so...

Taking to Twitter on Friday, Gavin Robinson, the DUP representative for East Belfast, wrote: ‘Greatly encouraged to see sentiments expressed already that any planned protests/parades should be cancelled as a mark of respect for the late Duke of Edinburgh.

‘I trust all Unionists & Loyalists will agree, that even with peaceful intent, that nothing should besmirch his memory.’

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5464 on: April 9, 2021, 09:28:30 pm »
Taking to Twitter on Friday, Gavin Robinson, the DUP representative for East Belfast, wrote: ‘Greatly encouraged to see sentiments expressed already that any planned protests/parades should be cancelled as a mark of respect for the late Duke of Edinburgh.

‘I trust all Unionists & Loyalists will agree, that even with peaceful intent, that nothing should besmirch his memory.’
HAHA

The boot-licking c*nt. 

I think he's confusing the term "protest" with literal attempted murder by throwing a petrol bomb at bus drivers just doing their jobs and dragging people out of cars and setting them alight. (The cars that is, not the people in them. Not yet at least. Thankfully)
« Last Edit: April 9, 2021, 09:30:01 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5465 on: April 9, 2021, 10:03:36 pm »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5466 on: April 9, 2021, 10:05:04 pm »
Absolute state of that.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5467 on: April 9, 2021, 10:25:26 pm »
The involvement of loyalist paramilitary groups in orchestrating the violence in Northern Ireland has been ruled out by police as the number of officers injured rose to 74.

The latest assessment by the Police Service of Northern Ireland came after a statement issued by the Loyalist Communities Council (LCC), an umbrella group representing loyalist paramilitaries seeking an end to the violence.

“The LCC can confirm that none of their associated groups have been involved either directly or indirectly in the violence witnessed in recent days,” it said.

In a detailed update on the tumultuous week, Northern Ireland’s assistant chief constable, Jonathan Roberts, revealed that a further 19 officers and one of the service’s dogs had been hurt during disturbances on Thursday, the seventh night of unrest.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/09/northern-ireland-police-say-paramilitaries-not-behind-recent-violence

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #5468 on: April 9, 2021, 10:46:02 pm »
Case closed
Believer

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5469 on: April 9, 2021, 10:53:33 pm »
The involvement of loyalist paramilitary groups in orchestrating the violence in Northern Ireland has been ruled out by police as the number of officers injured rose to 74.

The latest assessment by the Police Service of Northern Ireland came after a statement issued by the Loyalist Communities Council (LCC), an umbrella group representing loyalist paramilitaries seeking an end to the violence.

“The LCC can confirm that none of their associated groups have been involved either directly or indirectly in the violence witnessed in recent days,” it said.

In a detailed update on the tumultuous week, Northern Ireland’s assistant chief constable, Jonathan Roberts, revealed that a further 19 officers and one of the service’s dogs had been hurt during disturbances on Thursday, the seventh night of unrest.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/09/northern-ireland-police-say-paramilitaries-not-behind-recent-violence

What an absolute pile of nonsense. When these things happen, on either side, its literally ALWAYS paramilitary groups. Every single time,  only for them to come out and call for an end. They're hardly going to admit it. Everyone knows it. Thursday they say there were involved, Friday they're not.
“We feel that there may be some people who could have connection to proscribed organisations, who have been present on the scenes of violence. But we don’t believe it’s been sanctioned and organised by prescribed organisations for peaceful protests.”

So these people are just out rubber necking ? Dead on

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5470 on: April 10, 2021, 12:55:30 am »
Ah yes, those teenagers have a huge affiliation with Philip. It's what he would have wanted and by no means are they being directed by more sinister elements!! :lmao

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5471 on: April 10, 2021, 02:02:12 am »

If the riots aren't being 'organised' then who made the sign?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5472 on: April 10, 2021, 10:04:48 am »
Don’t know too much about what’s happening in Northern Ireland, mainly because there is near zero coverage of it down here. If a protest happened in Hong Kong or Venezuela it would be on the bbc , not Northern Ireland. Very very odd.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5473 on: April 10, 2021, 02:24:28 pm »
What a bunch of fucking inbred morons.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5474 on: April 10, 2021, 03:15:04 pm »
What a bunch of fucking inbred morons.
What's happened now? I'd check the news, but a fossil popped its clogs yesterday, and archaeologists haven't fucked up about it.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5475 on: April 10, 2021, 06:54:48 pm »
Could go in the Brexit thread but here will do.  Caught Nigel Dodds (DUP) interview on ch4 news tonight.  When pressed about the fact the DUP enabled Brexit, he responded by blaming the threat of violence by the EU and Republicans for the NI protocol. 

Also claimed all unionists voted for Brexit.  This was in response to Ch4 news pointing out NI voted remain.  Dodds of course offered absolutely no evidence to support his claim.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5476 on: April 10, 2021, 06:59:39 pm »
What's happened now? I'd check the news, but a fossil popped its clogs yesterday, and archaeologists haven't fucked up about it.

Maybe he meant to post that comment in Prince Philip thread ;)

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5477 on: April 10, 2021, 07:29:11 pm »
Maybe he meant to post that comment in Prince Philip thread ;)

;D

Could go in the Brexit thread but here will do.  Caught Nigel Dodds (DUP) interview on ch4 news tonight.  When pressed about the fact the DUP enabled Brexit, he responded by blaming the threat of violence by the EU and Republicans for the NI protocol. 

Also claimed all unionists voted for Brexit.  This was in response to Ch4 news pointing out NI voted remain.  Dodds of course offered absolutely no evidence to support his claim.

Standard DUP interview there then.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #5478 on: April 10, 2021, 10:29:24 pm »
You just gotta love the North and indeed media reporting in general.

Our featured spontaneous rioting for the weekend has been postponed. Recent riots/unrest have Absolutely nothing to do with paramilitary involvement says the PSNI. Normal spontaneous riots will resume once Nick the Greek has been buried. Sorry for this inconvenience to your usual programmes...

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5479 on: April 12, 2021, 10:52:43 am »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"