21 (6.5%)
Labour
70 (21.8%)
GP
11 (3.4%)
Ind/Others
77 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 321

Author Topic: The Irish Politics Thread.  (Read 460725 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Irish Politics Thread.
« Reply #5360 on: September 16, 2020, 09:28:33 am »
Entire cabinet to self isolate after our health minister gets ill.
Wouldn't they be practicing social distancing and wearing masks?  Didn't need to happen in my workplace...

Think the next Dail seating should be at Croke Park as obviously the 2000 seat auditorium they are in is way too cramp. By the way the case numbers have tripled in three weeks, patients in the hospital have doubled and those in ICU have also doubled in that same time. A great time to loosen up the country even more  :butt
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5361 on: September 16, 2020, 11:53:46 pm »
Just watched "Unquiet Graves", i knew a quite a bit about the collusion and involvement of British forces but not to that extent. Its no wonder so many Nationalists joined the Ra on the back of those atrocities and others. Abandoned by the government in the South and then murdered by the British government for quite simply being Catholic. Sickening.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 11:55:40 pm by DangerScouse »

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5362 on: September 17, 2020, 12:07:31 am »
Just watched "Unquiet Graves", i knew a quite a bit about the collusion and involvement of British forces but not to that extent. Its no wonder so many Nationalists joined the Ra on the back of those atrocities and others. Abandoned by the government in the South and then murdered by the British government for quite simply being Catholic. Sickening.

Fuck sake forgot about this. Kicking myself.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5363 on: October 12, 2020, 12:01:26 pm »
The gang up North who are in charge of the current shit show going on with Covid deserve a good slapping. Not sure how they cannot afford to close down the six counties but it has spilled over to the South as their case numbers per 100,000 is three or four times worse than the 26 counties. Might be too late now but no surprise the highest rates south of the border are Monaghan and Donegal.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5364 on: October 12, 2020, 01:22:41 pm »
The gang up North who are in charge of the current shit show going on with Covid deserve a good slapping. Not sure how they cannot afford to close down the six counties but it has spilled over to the South as their case numbers per 100,000 is three or four times worse than the 26 counties. Might be too late now but no surprise the highest rates south of the border are Monaghan and Donegal.

Some sort of Exec meeting today with talk of a lockdown up to 6weeks.  Imagine there will be the usual opposition (ie sammy Wilson). 

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5365 on: October 19, 2020, 11:04:49 am »
Will be interesting to see what happens today as we may be back to a full closure again but I am hoping they see sense as I dont think we can afford a full shutdown. Hopefully it will be a mix of Stage 4 / 5 as the numbers in terms of the R rate / deaths per 100,000 are on the increase but compared to Europe those rates are manageable. The cost of closing down the country surely could be diverted to increased hospital beds as they have had 6 months to prepare for the second wave. The upsurge in the virus rate is not going away this winter as who thinks we can get the R rate below 100 or even 200 until a vaccine comes out? Its not going to happen so instead of living with restrictions we should be trying to live with the virus as we cannot lock up the country continuously for 6 week periods without haemorrhaging jobs / mental illnesses / relationships etc.

FYI Mary Lou be careful with some of your tweets as perhaps you should be calming the shitshow going on up north that your party is responsible for.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5366 on: October 21, 2020, 09:48:31 am »
Well it appears we have no plan other than to shut the country down every few months.  We've learned nothing from the first lockdown and the current situation where people are being asked to do their own contact tracing is nothing short of criminal. Hundreds of thousands left jobless every few months and we have no one to trace cases. If we don't get our hands on an early vaccine we're screwed.

And the opposition are even more useless :butt
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 03:45:58 pm by didi shamone »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5367 on: October 21, 2020, 09:59:26 am »
Well it appears we have no plan other than to shut the country down every few months.  We've learned nothing from the first lockdown and the current situation where people are being asked to do their own contact tracing is nothing short of criminal. Hundreds of thousands left jobless ever few months and we have no one to trace cases. If we don't get our hands on an early vaccine we're screwed.

You know we haven't been able to constantly get down to zero cases in NSW Australia, but the one thing our government has been bang on is contract tracing. Means you can close down A business, school, gym, etc, rather than a whole state or country.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5368 on: October 21, 2020, 07:08:08 pm »
You know we haven't been able to constantly get down to zero cases in NSW Australia, but the one thing our government has been bang on is contract tracing. Means you can close down A business, school, gym, etc, rather than a whole state or country.

Oddly I should be returning from Sydney this week. My brother and his family live there. I'm aware theres restrictions but life is fairly normal there. He's staggered by our ineptitude at government level. They've been shit in general but they're out doing themselves with covid. Enjoy your freedom.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5369 on: October 22, 2020, 04:35:58 pm »
Well it appears we have no plan other than to shut the country down every few months.  We've learned nothing from the first lockdown and the current situation where people are being asked to do their own contact tracing is nothing short of criminal. Hundreds of thousands left jobless every few months and we have no one to trace cases. If we don't get our hands on an early vaccine we're screwed.

Interesting comment about the opposition given the shit show in meat factories, care homes, GAA, the abhorrent Direct Provision set up and with track and trace which were presided over by the current coalition who incidentally, with the exception of the Greens, are largely responsible for a wholly inadequate health service due to years of mismanagement by successive FF and FG governments.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 04:39:55 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5370 on: October 22, 2020, 07:13:38 pm »
Fascist/conspiracy shitheads getting their just desserts on Grafton Street earlier.

Things you love to see.

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1319320348920250369

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5371 on: October 22, 2020, 07:26:58 pm »
Love it!! Fucking vermin.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5372 on: October 22, 2020, 08:09:35 pm »
White supremacists in Ireland? When did they spring up, all 10 of em? Fuckin dickheads. Hope the garde gave them a proper lacing.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5373 on: October 22, 2020, 08:10:15 pm »
https://www.thejournal.ie/roderic-ogorman-amendments-5241697-Oct2020/

And the three government parties and go fuck themselves the bunch of c*nts.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5374 on: October 22, 2020, 08:13:57 pm »

Can you explain a bit exactly what's gone on here. First I'm hearing of it.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5375 on: October 22, 2020, 08:38:12 pm »

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5376 on: October 22, 2020, 09:44:24 pm »
Just a other in the long list of terrible tragedies carried out in the name of religion on this island.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5377 on: October 22, 2020, 10:02:05 pm »

Lots of Green party voters very unhappy. They have the memories of goldfish.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5378 on: October 22, 2020, 10:03:50 pm »
Enjoy more clips of the fash getting smashed.

https://twitter.com/cs15/status/1319375833765761025

'I'll bate the head off yer ye rat!"

:lmao

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5379 on: October 22, 2020, 10:23:08 pm »
Enjoy more clips of the fash getting smashed.

https://twitter.com/cs15/status/1319375833765761025

'I'll bate the head off yer ye rat!"

:lmao
That's what I like about the garda. No fucks given.

For fucks sake, what age is that eejit? Must be about 18. Was he involved with those lot? Fuckin hell, what's going on with idiots these days? I honestly blame social media. There's far too many morons of a young age going about now spouting far right conspiracies and flat earther bollocks like it's fact. Like, they genuinely believe it.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5380 on: October 23, 2020, 01:35:28 pm »
Interesting comment about the opposition given the shit show in meat factories, care homes, GAA, the abhorrent Direct Provision set up and with track and trace which were presided over by the current coalition who incidentally, with the exception of the Greens, are largely responsible for a wholly inadequate health service due to years of mismanagement by successive FF and FG governments.

Just in relation to the pandemic. None of them has offered anything constructive in my eyes. The thoughts of rolling lockdowns is depressing. It's not that there's no place for them but when it's you're only policy you're fucked. Leaving schools open is the only sensible decision thats been made. Seeing as the policy is to lockdown every few months and that could conceivably last years, we at least need to educate kids.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5381 on: October 23, 2020, 01:38:29 pm »
Fascist/conspiracy shitheads getting their just desserts on Grafton Street earlier.

Things you love to see.

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1319320348920250369

Got videos sent to me on whats app with no context. So that's who the tools are.
I'll worry about the Irish hard right when they get more than about seven votes in an election the absolute Muppets.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5382 on: October 23, 2020, 09:52:00 pm »
White supremacists in Ireland? When did they spring up, all 10 of em? Fuckin dickheads. Hope the garde gave them a proper lacing.

Wonder how many of them racists have family and friends living overseas in foreign countries.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5383 on: October 23, 2020, 10:34:45 pm »

There was a news report about a month ago this mob or similar decided to hold a rally in Belfast.  Some locals showed up and chased em out of the city.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5384 on: October 24, 2020, 01:49:59 pm »
Antifa showed up at a similar protest a couple of weeks ago outside The Dáil and some violence ensued. Plenty of Gardaí about so nothing too extreme.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5385 on: November 1, 2020, 11:33:45 am »
Varadkar caught being a very naughty boy.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #5386 on: November 1, 2020, 10:41:08 pm »
Antifa showed up at a similar protest a couple of weeks ago outside The Dáil and some violence ensued. Plenty of Gardaí about so nothing too extreme.
What now ?
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5387 on: November 9, 2020, 02:07:53 pm »
Let's see how the DUP are reacting to the US election result.  Probably disappointed, but ultimately pragmatic maybe?

Lord John Kilclooney  @KilclooneyJohn
What happens if Biden moves on and the Indian becomes President. Who then becomes Vice President?

Oh.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5388 on: November 9, 2020, 03:00:42 pm »
Let's see how the DUP are reacting to the US election result.  Probably disappointed, but ultimately pragmatic maybe?

Lord John Kilclooney  @KilclooneyJohn
What happens if Biden moves on and the Indian becomes President. Who then becomes Vice President?

Oh.

Saw that earlier. Who is that ignoramus? He then claimed he didn’t know her name or some such bollocks.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5389 on: November 9, 2020, 03:05:24 pm »
Saw that earlier. Who is that ignoramus? He then claimed he didn’t know her name or some such bollocks.
John Taylor is his name - he was a DUP MP and MEP for aeons before being made a life peer. He had a habit of referring to Leo Varadkar as 'The Indian' too, curiously enough.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #5390 on: November 9, 2020, 03:09:48 pm »
He had a habit of referring to Leo Varadkar as 'The Indian' too, curiously enough.

That's gonna get confusing then. Wonder if he has any other terms in mind to distinguish between them?  ::)

Must have been gutted that his racist soulmate was chucked out.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #5391 on: November 9, 2020, 03:59:34 pm »
Or from Sammy Wilson.... reply from Colum Eastwood (SDLP leader)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5392 on: November 9, 2020, 04:14:24 pm »

I don’t think there’s a week goes by without the Wilson fossil piping up.  Posing with a Trump flag this time last week, and before that seen a few times in ‘anti-mask’ mode re Covid.  He and his ilk must be in pain this week post US election.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5393 on: November 9, 2020, 07:18:07 pm »

He likes his bird analogies the cock.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #5394 on: November 9, 2020, 07:35:48 pm »
John Taylor is his name - he was a DUP MP and MEP for aeons before being made a life peer. He had a habit of referring to Leo Varadkar as 'The Indian' too, curiously enough.

Taylor was official unionist, not DUP.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #5395 on: November 10, 2020, 11:10:13 am »
Yes UUP so for quite a while a DUP puppet.

Also he called Varadkar a "typical Indian".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54874541

Ironic that the "great and good" of british politics are now speaking up. After all the "great and good" politicians know full well that it was exactly because of his views of a british master race ("british exceptionalism" in current media speak), naked bigotry and racism that provided him with the position in the lords in the first place - only difference this time is its at someone who they want to impress/are scared of.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5396 on: November 14, 2020, 08:37:19 pm »
Looks like Amazon went full IRA by not recognisng NI as part of the UK

Bit of background. The rugby was to be shown on Amazon Prime this weekend and loads of NI prime users couldn't find it

This was the response by Amazon

Thank you for that information. We apologize but upon reviewing your location you're in Northern Ireland. Rugby Autumn Nations Cup coverage is exclusively available to Prime members based in the UK. We don't have the rights to other territories. ^RS

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5397 on: November 14, 2020, 09:23:26 pm »
Could be that Amazon have their network set up so that anyone in NI is connecting to their Dublin AWS data center, for best connection, and they have set up access to the rugby so that you only can view if you are connecting to a UK AWS data center. Poor design, combined with customer service agents not clued up on UK/Ireland political geography...

That would surprise me though as I know AWS has better systems in place for geoblocking/routing.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #5398 on: November 14, 2020, 11:52:07 pm »
Would assume far simpler in that Ireland right is the island so rights sold as island and game was on rte.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5399 on: November 17, 2020, 04:49:00 pm »
I see Mary Lou is against fines on those idiots who think its ok to drink on the streets in sizeable crowds with no social distancing during a pandemic. If we fine them then we should also penalise the coffee drinkers out in public as well she thinks. Its true Mary as if you went around the corner from the street parties in Dublin & Cork you would have found hundreds high on caffeine mixing together in a coffee super spreader. Its great to see leadership like this in a crisis.