Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2557303 times)

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #30680 on: April 14, 2021, 11:05:06 am »
New neighbour (we've moved) who likes to goose at 3:30am and she seems very appreciative

i wouldn't get in a flap over it
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #30681 on: April 14, 2021, 02:27:41 pm »
New neighbour (we've moved) who likes to goose at 3:30am and she seems very appreciative

"For it is in giving that we recieve" - A Buddist Saying.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #30682 on: April 14, 2021, 08:51:39 pm »
Amazon is just Wish now isn't it?

Forever having to sift through pages of cheap Chinese-made rubbish with fake reviews.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30683 on: April 15, 2021, 12:35:31 pm »
People humanising animals to try and make people feel guilty about animal rights issues

Maybe that's how they really see it but has the opposite effect on me

Was a little stop motion film campaigning against animal testing for cosmetics. Now I don't particularly agree with that practice but having a humanoid bunny talking about the burns he's suffered at his job... Just feels a little try hard on the attempted guilt inducing factor

Video below. Maybe I'm just heartless but I don't know

https://youtu.be/G393z8s8nFY

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #30684 on: April 15, 2021, 12:41:03 pm »
People humanising animals to try and make people feel guilty about animal rights issues

Was a little stop motion film campaigning against animal testing for cosmetics. Now I don't particularly agree with that practice but having a humanoid bunny talking about the burns he's suffered at his job... Just feels a little try hard on the attempted guilt inducing factor

Maybe so!

I thought it was really effective
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #30685 on: April 15, 2021, 12:43:59 pm »

You are definitely being heartless.  There is no need to test those products on animals.  It needs stopping.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #30686 on: April 15, 2021, 12:44:28 pm »
Maybe so!

I thought it was really effective

Yep I thought it was too.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30687 on: April 15, 2021, 12:53:51 pm »

It has certainly made me think about what products I have in the bathroom. Whether it will make me hunt for non animal tested products remains to be seen, but you definitely are heartless if you watched that and your thought was you want to buy more animal tested products to put more animals through that suffering.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30688 on: April 15, 2021, 01:31:11 pm »
It didn't make me want to buy more animal products Jesus guys. That comment wasn't entirely about that. Only personally for me seeing the actual animals affects me more than pretending they're human.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30689 on: April 15, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »
Getting sick of seeing selfish bastards on motorways on their phones.
Been down the M40 and back and must have passed at least half a dozen.
One, I could see his head tilted down as he was in the outside lane with nothing on the left of him, one I passed him he was still looking at his phone.
Another was in the middle lane driving a big long wheelbase van. When we were about 200 yards behind him he swerved into the outside lane, luckily the car behind wasn’t close enough, he then  over corrected and went into the inside lane.

Dangerous, selfish pricks. All could have caused serious accidents.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #30690 on: April 15, 2021, 04:28:58 pm »
Out in the garden for 15 minutes tops chatting to a neighbour.

2 mozzy bites.

Little bastards
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30691 on: April 15, 2021, 05:48:54 pm »

Nope it didn't work with me either, it was too much like a shit Wallace and Gromit film. If they had used a real rabbit I'd have had my heart string twanged, but that just didn't affect me at all.

You are definitely being heartless.  There is no need to test those products on animals.  It needs stopping.

100% agree, but the film just didn't work for me at all.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30692 on: April 15, 2021, 06:06:47 pm »
Getting sick of seeing selfish bastards on motorways on their phones.
Been down the M40 and back and must have passed at least half a dozen.
One, I could see his head tilted down as he was in the outside lane with nothing on the left of him, one I passed him he was still looking at his phone.
Another was in the middle lane driving a big long wheelbase van. When we were about 200 yards behind him he swerved into the outside lane, luckily the car behind wasn’t close enough, he then  over corrected and went into the inside lane.

Dangerous, selfish pricks. All could have caused serious accidents.

Absolutely no excuse to be on your phone when driving at any time. Always tell the ones on front of you who don't go straight away when the light go green. Then after a beep they hurriedly drive and give an apologetic wave. Dickheads.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30693 on: April 15, 2021, 06:17:24 pm »
Absolutely no excuse to be on your phone when driving at any time. Always tell the ones on front of you who don't go straight away when the light go green. Then after a beep they hurriedly drive and give an apologetic wave. Dickheads.

It's always either dicks in top of the range cars who can afford a full bluetooth phone system or stupid young girls who are joined to their phones like its a fucking siamese twin.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30694 on: April 15, 2021, 06:46:54 pm »
Been doing some fridge-freezer shopping and what gives?  The ones stocked by John Lewis and Currys were nearly all in the E to G categories for energy use!  I counted 3 that were A+ or above; one of those was in the Currys at Speke retail park, and that was out of about 30 models.

It wasn't tied to price either.  Whether it was £250 or £600, energy usage was diabolical. Looks like I'll have to go online, which was the one thing I'd wanted to avoid.  Plenty of good value, A+ options on there; no wonder high street shops are struggling if this is the best they can do!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30695 on: April 15, 2021, 06:52:23 pm »
Companies want us to shop online, they don't want to have to pay for staff and premises anymore, so they will do all it takes to push us to their websites

I've used AO.com a few times in the past, been great every time
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30696 on: April 15, 2021, 06:53:42 pm »
It's always either dicks in top of the range cars who can afford a full bluetooth phone system or stupid young girls who are joined to their phones like its a fucking siamese twin.

Very fee cars made in the last 10 years that don't have Bluetooth already integrated.

It's not calls these days, it's gawping at social fucking media.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30697 on: April 15, 2021, 07:16:33 pm »
Very fee cars made in the last 10 years that don't have Bluetooth already integrated.

It's not calls these days, it's gawping at social fucking media.

When I'm in the truck I get a great view into cars and its usually texting that I see or young girls holding the phone next to their ears yakking away.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30698 on: April 15, 2021, 07:45:05 pm »
Companies want us to shop online, they don't want to have to pay for staff and premises anymore, so they will do all it takes to push us to their websites

I've used AO.com a few times in the past, been great every time

I'm happy to shop online, but it wont be with those retailers!  I got my old fridge from Argos so I'll just go back to them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30699 on: April 15, 2021, 07:47:59 pm »
Analysing football matches both pre and post match. I just can’t be arsed with it anymore which sounds weird as I’m on a Liverpool FC forum. Spent about 2 minutes in the post match thread from last night and lost interest to ever go back in.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30700 on: April 15, 2021, 08:39:38 pm »
Been doing some fridge-freezer shopping and what gives?  The ones stocked by John Lewis and Currys were nearly all in the E to G categories for energy use!  I counted 3 that were A+ or above; one of those was in the Currys at Speke retail park, and that was out of about 30 models.

It wasn't tied to price either.  Whether it was £250 or £600, energy usage was diabolical. Looks like I'll have to go online, which was the one thing I'd wanted to avoid.  Plenty of good value, A+ options on there; no wonder high street shops are struggling if this is the best they can do!

They've recategorised the energy efficiency ratings so what is now an F used to be an A*.

Think it's a load of bollocks as we've just bought one that's an F in the UK but an A* in the EU.  With it came 2 cards explaining the difference in kwhs used and average costs per year to run.  They were pretty much the same.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30701 on: April 15, 2021, 08:57:20 pm »
They've recategorised the energy efficiency ratings so what is now an F used to be an A*.

Think it's a load of bollocks as we've just bought one that's an F in the UK but an A* in the EU.  With it came 2 cards explaining the difference in kwhs used and average costs per year to run.  They were pretty much the same.

Thanks for that debs.  What's important about that to me is that I checked Amazon and a lot of their listings were A+ and higher.  Even though it was the uk site, they might be reflecting EU categories rather than UK ones.

Why was it changed?  Is it something Brexit related?

EDIT: just on the Argos website and although a number fridge freezers are listed as being A+, the side column that contains the filters only has F, E, C and D listed for energy efficiency class.

I found this on Moneysupermarket from November 2019.  I clearly need to dig into this more.

How to choose an energy-efficient fridge and freezer

As you have to leave your fridge and freezer switched on 24 hours a day, it’s particularly important to make sure they are as efficient as possible.

Every fridge and freezer sold today must have an energy-efficiency rating of between A+ and A+++. While older models are likely to be rated from A to G, anything that falls below an A+ rating is no longer allowed to be sold.

If your fridge is over 10 years old – or seems inefficient – you might want to think about replacing it before it stops working altogether, as older models will have much higher running costs than today’s A-rated appliances.

It’s worth noting that fridges and freezers are rated on how efficient they are in relation to their size – rather than their kWh consumption.

Generally speaking, this means the bigger the internal volume of the fridge or freezer, the more it will cost to run. With this in mind, you should choose the smallest fridge – or fridge freezer – you can, as this should be cheaper to run. This might, for example, mean buying a smaller B-rated model, rather than a large A-rated one.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/gas-and-electricity/energy-efficient-white-goods/

EDIT 2: Curry's had this to say. I guess with it being April the transition is over, but it clearly doesn't square with the article above, which must just be out of date - otherwise none of these fridges would be for sale!

New products that launched between June 2020 and March 2021 will have the current energy ratings on them, but you’ll find labels for both rating systems in the box. This will only happen during this period of transition while the old ratings are being phased out.

From March 2021, products online and in-store will have labels with the new A to G ranking system for energy efficiency.

The new labels are also going to feature handy QR codes. You’ll be able to scan them on your smartphone for additional information, this additional information is also available online in the "product fiche" you'll find in the top left hand corner of our product pages.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/efficiency-ratings-1765-commercial.html
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:11:51 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30702 on: April 15, 2021, 09:23:55 pm »
Thanks for that debs.  What's important about that to me is that I checked Amazon and a lot of their listings were A+ and higher.  Even though it was the uk site, they might be reflecting EU categories rather than UK ones.

EDIT: just on the Argos website and although a number fridge freezers are listed as being A+, the side column that contains the filters only has F, E, C and D listed for energy efficiency class.

I found this on Moneysupermarket from November 2019.  I clearly need to dig into this more.

EDIT 2: Curry's had this to say. I guess with it being April the transition is over, but it clearly doesn't square with the article above, which must just be out of date - otherwise none of these fridges would be for sale!

Not sure when it changed mate but we only bought ours 2wks ago and was as confused as you are.

Like I said the kwhs used, so running costs and energy consumption was negligible over the year so it seemed a bit pointless to me.

As for whether its a Brexit thing I've no idea as it's the UK ratings which are lower in effect meaning our standards for an A* will be more economical and energy efficient.  They've done away with the double and triple * too.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30703 on: April 15, 2021, 09:37:28 pm »

Not Brexit related as they are EU labels, came into force March 1st. From what I can find, appliances were being given an A+ A++ or A+++ rating, but most already hit this so they needed to be able to label even more efficient items. so those ratings were replaced by A to G. A are still the most energy efficient and G the least. The old A+ to A+++ are now classed between F and C.

So an appliance rated under the new labelling will be marked as an F but was previously an A+, a D would be and A++ etc.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30704 on: April 15, 2021, 09:57:54 pm »
Thanks Rob. Yeah I've been digging into the Curry's website and a few other places and finally figured it out. It's still difficult to consider if there's a significant difference from A to G, because if what was A+ before is now an F, then how crazy efficient must a device be to earn an A?

Have they done away with the star rating too? Doesn't seem to be much information about that on the items.

Guess I'll have to research! 😅

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30705 on: April 16, 2021, 11:18:43 am »
Our shit for brains council's useless waste collection scheme.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #30706 on: April 16, 2021, 12:31:42 pm »
Our shit for brains council's useless waste collection scheme.

and if i could add that also the lack of litter bins actually drives people to litter as they won't carry an empty water bottle home - they'll just leave it by lampposts, kerbs, walls etc

same with take away boxes and bags

the shitty little gets are too blame but the lack of bins doesn't help
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30707 on: April 16, 2021, 04:35:24 pm »
and if i could add that also the lack of litter bins actually drives people to litter as they won't carry an empty water bottle home - they'll just leave it by lampposts, kerbs, walls etc

same with take away boxes and bags

the shitty little gets are too blame but the lack of bins doesn't help

Every litter bin in town is filled with household waste,they're overflowing within twenty four hours of being emptied.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30708 on: April 17, 2021, 05:00:21 am »
Idiots who set up YouTube channels of them filming police stations to illicit a response in the knowledge that they know the police are going to start asking questions, then film the said police response which usually involves 30 minutes of circular arguments with the filmer exercising his rights not to give a name and refusing to stop filming.
I watched a couple and by the end wished someone would just knock the c*nt out.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #30709 on: April 20, 2021, 10:33:42 am »
Postie knocking like he's a fucking bizzy twice in ten seconds at 7:30 this morning.

Honestly nearly knocked the c*nt out

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30710 on: April 21, 2021, 11:37:18 am »
My brilliant idea to let the dog play with what I thought was an empty crisp packet so that I could make the beds in peace. ::)

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30711 on: April 21, 2021, 01:00:06 pm »
How hard it is to get a council tax bill!

I've emailed.  I've filled in a form on the app.  I've phoned but they aren't taking calls.

Finally found a general enquiry form where they wanted not just where and when we moved in but

Employers name and address
Doctor's name and address
Dentists name and address
The name and address the DVLA have
The name and address for my bank cards
The name and address on the electoral role

FFS just send me a council tax bill so I can pay you!!!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #30712 on: April 21, 2021, 02:55:36 pm »
The suggested phrasing that pops up in Outlook for emails. Full of Americanisms and insincerities.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #30713 on: April 21, 2021, 05:08:30 pm »
Having one of those days when you feel on edge and just can't focus.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30714 on: April 22, 2021, 11:34:07 am »
Having shingles.

:'(

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30715 on: April 22, 2021, 11:49:13 am »
Sky.. the Entertainment company not the big blue thing up above. Rip off prices, £85 per month for £18 month for all packages. Chop and change the packages and it’s still some £70. Kind of wish the Super League didn’t die just so these twats can lose out.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30716 on: April 22, 2021, 12:32:23 pm »
Having shingles.

:'(

Sorry to hear that mate. Its a bastard. I've still got the scars from over 20 years ago.

One positive I can say is I was generally a lot better afterwards. Less colds etc as my immune system built back up a bit.

Best of luck

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #30717 on: April 22, 2021, 03:26:51 pm »
The other guy who lives here & I are both still working from home for the foreseeable - his work means a regular (and noisy) phone user.  This thing has always annoyed me, but it's something I have to hear on a daily basis these days: that thing when the phone connection is poor and someone's going "Hello?  Hello?  Can you-?  Hel-?  Can you hear me?  Hello, hello, hello?" but not leaving the person on the other end any time to respond.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #30718 on: April 22, 2021, 03:46:50 pm »
Idiots who set up YouTube channels of them filming police stations to illicit a response in the knowledge that they know the police are going to start asking questions, then film the said police response which usually involves 30 minutes of circular arguments with the filmer exercising his rights not to give a name and refusing to stop filming.
I watched a couple and by the end wished someone would just knock the c*nt out.

haha I've watched those. The guy seems to think he is entitled to film Police stations when he is standing on the public pavement and expect them to have zero response. If you stand outside someones house and film their house they just might come outside and ask you some questions. That guy really is a prize idiot and thinks he is doing some fucked up kind of public service.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30719 on: April 24, 2021, 04:55:01 am »
Drivers on the motorway that look at you as they pass you. What do they want? A f*cking wave?

Parents that make small talk about their kids. When will they realise I just don’t care?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali