Author Topic: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)  (Read 93444 times)

Offline LFCTV

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:56:56 pm »
Hi all,

Liverpool FC's Principal Owner John Henry and Chairman Thomas Werner will be taking your calls LIVE on LFC TV tonight at 5pm. Of course users here have recently had some questions answered by John Henry but hopefully that's only whetted your appetite :) You can find more details here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/5pm-talk-to-our-owners-live

If you have any questions you'd like to ask John or Thomas you can of course submit them via the routes listed via the link above. However you can also use this thread as we'll check it later today.

Over to you  :wave

LFC TV

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:58:32 pm »
Just one.

When you getting rid of the mediocre Roy?

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 12:58:53 pm »
Are the people involved in replacing Rafa with Roy still influencing decision making at the club?
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 01:01:07 pm »

* Do you have any plans to involve Kenny more deeply in the formation of the long term technical strategy in relation to playing style across all layers of LFC, to help create a coherent culture, vision and common direction?

* If you had to articulate in a few words what your own vision of The Liverpool Way is, what would you say?

* Given that success on the field brings success off it, and vice versa, can you give a brief outline of the long term structural financial and business model you anticipate LFC to be implementing in the long term, once the stadium issue has been resolved?

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 01:01:36 pm »
How close are they to appointing a CEO, and when should we expect to see one put in place ?
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 01:02:21 pm »
Will the most important question - that is 'When are you going to sack Hodgson?' be asked - at all?

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 01:03:09 pm »
Surely the one everyone wants to know is the one that wont be answered. When are you sacking Roy?

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 01:03:10 pm »
Are they aware of Roy Hodgson's win percentage and away wins record?

Are they aware that his tactics are slowly draining the confidence and belief out of the world's best striker?

Are they aware that Liverpool supporters were not enthralled with Hodgson's appointment by the old regime but were prepared to give him a chance?

Are they aware that Liverpool supporters are (generally) patient fans and when the majority of those fans want Hodgson gone, alarm bells must be ringing pretty loud?

Do they realise that Kenny Dalglish could do no-worse as our manager right now and would keep the fans happy until a proven, young, exciting manager can be hired, most likely in the summer at the earliest?

Do they have plans to give Roy Hodgson money to waste spend in the January window?  Are they prepared for the shite he may buy with said money?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:05:53 pm by HowHard-Gerrard »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 01:03:29 pm »
What are their thoughts on Ground Share seeing a lot of Liverpool and Everton fans DO NOT want this?

And please get in a new manager.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:54 pm »
Come the end of the January transfer window will we have seen any changes in the playing or managerial staff? And do you like Christmas carols? theres some good ones on here...
Cool down and play

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 01:05:13 pm »
1) For the benefit of those who may see the $300,000,000 worth of talent come through the doors of the Red Sox as a threat to Liverpool, can you state how the funding of 1 team effects, if at all, the other?

2) Are you concerned that the current on field issues could act as a deterrant to top class players when deciding whether to come to Liverpool?

3) What are the concequences of Liverpool  not qualifying for european football next season?
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 01:05:32 pm »
Would you like the club to be in the Champions League and challenging for the Premier League sometime in the near future?

If the answer is Yes then we need a new manager to achieve our ambitions a top half finish is unexeptable for liverpool Football Club !!!!
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 01:06:05 pm »
I bet the do not talk about Roy.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 01:06:49 pm »
1. Is Christian Purslow still at the football club, in what capacity and what is his future role (if he has one)?

2. The official website makes it clear there are two 50% co-owners - what can you tell us about your personal/business backgrounds that could ease concerns that your investment in Liverpool will not go down the same route as our previous co-owners or even co-managers Gerard Houllier and Roy Evans in 1998?

3. Question for Ian Ayre - has there been an increase in matchday revenue since the change in ownership?

4. Did the publicity (some positive, some negative) surrounding the fan's "battle" with Tom Hicks/George Gillet have an influence on your decision to buy the club?

5. Are there plans to introduce junior or student (e.g. 16-23) tickets at Anfield?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:51 pm »
Can you replace Roy with King Kenny? Please.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:58 pm »
When will John 'Jigsaw' Kramer be removed from the managerial position?

Ta
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 01:10:23 pm »
i said it yesterday and will say again,  questions about our current manager and his inability to move the team forward wont be entertained

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 01:10:27 pm »
I bet the do not talk about Roy.

I suspect they will back Roy up but wont answer any direct questions re his future.

I'd like to know about funding for jan transfers and Summer Tranfers and whats happening re the stadium?
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 01:10:30 pm »
What direction do you see the club going in the short,medium and long term?,If the players become availabe in the January window will you reinforce the team to push for a champions leauge spot?Or will you wait until the summer window to reassess the players in the club and move on from there to rebuild a team.?If you wait until the summer and we dont achieve Champions league football this season do you think it likely that are star players will stay,eg,,Torres,Reina..faced with the possibility of another(should we qualify)Europa cup campaign,.?And finally Do you think we can manage financially without Champions League football.?
Many thanks
shane
bollocks

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 01:11:06 pm »
Have you tried a pan of 'Scouse'?
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 01:11:37 pm »
John Henry why did you stop following Paul Tomkins on Twitter.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 01:12:13 pm »
What exactly is Damien Comolli's role and how does it impact on the manager?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 01:12:15 pm »
i said it yesterday and will say again,  questions about our current manager and his inability to move the team forward wont be entertained

They have to take a least one surely.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:26:00 pm by Trada »

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 01:12:38 pm »
On what basis did Christian Purslow think that Roy Hodgson was the man to take our club forward, given his appauling away record, and lack of trophys won?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 01:13:40 pm »

Are they aware that his tactics are slowly draining the confidence and belief out of the world's best striker?

Are they aware that Liverpool supporters were not enthralled with Hodgson's appointment by the old regime but were prepared to give him a chance?

Are they aware that Liverpool supporters are (generally) patient fans and when the majority of those fans want Hodgson gone, alarm bells must be ringing pretty loud?

Do they realise that Kenny Dalglish could do no-worse as our manager right now and would keep the fans happy until a proven, young, exciting manager can be hired, most likely in the summer at the earliest?

Do they have plans to give Roy Hodgson money to waste spend in the January window?  Are they prepared for the shite he may buy with said money?

These are legit questions. Surely they can answer 1 or 2 of these at least.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »
Liverpool is currently statisticaly on course for 49 points at the seasons end.
Is this considered as an acceptable finish/season or do our owners expect something to change that has not changed for 35 years?

PS - Previous Premiership worse finish was 54 points

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 01:14:26 pm »

Pretty much this. Well put.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 01:14:46 pm »
6. What is Damien Comolli's role at the club? Is it predominantly as a scout? Will he be working with the youth set up? Will he be finding specific players the manager (current or future) wants or finding the type of players a manager identifies?

7. Previous manager, Rafa Benitez criticised the club for acting too slowly on transfers after players who were available had been identified - who will be rectifying these problems in the future?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 01:15:42 pm »
On what basis did Christian Purslow think that Roy Hodgson was the man to take our club forward, given his appauling away record, and lack of trophys won?

How sad
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 01:17:39 pm »
Bring back Rafa!!

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 01:18:31 pm »
Why have you come over, is it to sack people for their incompetancy?

Offline ScouseinDK

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 01:21:14 pm »
I would ask if they are happy with the teams performances during this season, and what steps they are considering to improve this?
Can the club tick over financially without european football next season, and what steps are they considering to ensure that we are at the very least in the europa league next season?
Are they aware that there may be an exodus of star talent from the club come summer if we fail to qualify for the champions league, or at the very least europa league, combined with a stronger second half to the season, and what steps are they considering to ensure this doesn´t happen?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:24:05 pm by ScouseinDK »

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 01:23:00 pm »
1) When you brought the Red Sox you removed the manager quickly and brought in your own man. Is the fact you didn't do this with Roy Hodgson because you believe he's the right man to achieve your goals or is it that you don't know enough about football to make a decision on the coach?

2) How are their plans going to have to change when we don't make the european places this season?

3) Do they realise how incredible difficult it'll be for us to challenge the likes of City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal without spending a considerable amount of money? Money that we currently don't genereate, especially our match day revenues.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:26:29 pm by peachybum »
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline henry

• Anny Roader
  • My chicken is better than yours
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 01:23:37 pm »
If Liverpool supporters agreed to chip-in £5 each to pay-off Uncle Roy, would you consider about sacking him as soon as possible?
It is not impossible, its just improbable

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 01:24:51 pm »
1. Did you purchase the club with the intent that it should be a mid table Premier League side?

2. Would you be prepared for the Boston Red Sox to be coached by someone who has the backing of less than 5% of the fans?

3. Does Roy Hodgson have a minimum set of objectives for the current season, and is he on track to meet them?

4. In the current set up of the board and senior management, who is responsible for evaluating the performance of the Team Manager? & If they are new to Football, are they taking the advice of someone within the club, say Kenny Dalglish, who has more experience?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:38:47 pm by JohnBarnesBigToe »
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 01:24:57 pm »
First rule of this PR stunt: don't mention Roy Hodgson.

Do you expect our fortunes in away matches to change for the better at all this season and if so what are you basing that on?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:30:09 pm by Carlito Roberto »

Offline jam1erp

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 01:26:15 pm »
With promising players like Pacheco signing new contracts recently (thankfully but perhaps unexpectedly in Pacheco's case) - can we take this as an indication that there are formalised plans to support the stepping up of reserves into first team places (and help bring back hunger/pride for the badge etc)?  This is an area in which the club has not capitalised on or mismanaged in recent times.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 01:27:04 pm »
I only care about one question.

When is Roy going to be sacked?
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 01:27:30 pm »
Last season our manager came under attack from various media outlets and the responce from the club was non existant. What plans do you have too improve the PR of the club? and also will we see more fight from the club with regards too the media? Who have constantly taken swipes at our previous manager and also tried very hard to unsettle some of our players through lies.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 01:27:31 pm »
If Liverpool supporters agreed to chip-in £5 each to pay-off Uncle Roy, would you consider about sacking him as soon as possible?

Can i just state Mr Henry and Mr Werner i'd be willing to chip-in £10
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp