Author Topic: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)  (Read 92606 times)

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
Re: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 01:28:09 pm »
1. Tell us about your relationship with Billy Beane, is there any relationship between Moneyball and football?
2. Talk us through how Comolli was appointed
3. Talk us through the roles of the current Board  - are there any holes you envisage filling?
4. Where do you see income growth for the club in the future?
5. Cash efficient gradual stadium improvement - or cash hungry new stadium? Which side are you on?
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 01:29:15 pm »
Will we have money to spend in January?
Also, can you get us a new manager?
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 01:29:47 pm »

Q1, Will Roy be still at the club in the Summer?

Q2, Are you alarmed by the results this season so far, and what do you intend to do to resolve them.

Q3, What is the latest on the stadium, what options are being explored and are you considering a ground share?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Fernando-Towers

• Anny Roader
    • The Out of Towner
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 01:30:37 pm »
Roy has publicly stated that Liverpool is "a team that wants to be in the top half of the table".

Don't you think we should be aiming a little bit higher than that?
"White liquid - milk. You know who to blame!".

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 01:30:53 pm »
Have you realised, that the club has lost some of its spark, and the supporters are becoming disillusioned with life under Roy? The results are not good enough, and we are slowly falling into the depths of mediocrity. Do you realise that he has 0 support at Anfield and that it is time for him to go?

PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 01:30:59 pm »
is our current league position good enough?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 01:33:03 pm »
Amazed by all the questions about Hodgson ... not because they aren't worthy questions, but does anyone really think they are going to go on LFCtv and start discussing the manager's future LIVE on TV and whether they are going to sack him or not?!

I'll be amazed if they get drawn on his future in any way tonight.

*prepares to be amazed*
 ;)

I'm hoping no-one starts slaughtering these owners if they don't promise to spend mega-money in January. A. because I don't think we should and B. by NOT doing it, they will already show how different they are to the previous regime by taking stock and not promising the world. They've been here less than 6 months. Give them time.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:34:54 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 01:34:31 pm »
IT HAS TO BE ON THE AGENDA PAUL, he's fucking hopeless. Fan's will get through the screening, i'm going to go on with a bogus topic then try and get through about Hodgson tonight, and i hope many others do. We need answers.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 01:35:03 pm »
Somebody should lay the stats on the line. Should point out Roys record away including at his other clubs. And before they say exceptional circumstances or transitional period someone should mention that Rafa had been working under even worse circumstances and never had a record that bad. Someone should ask are they happy to accept mediocrity.
@paulair

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2010, 01:36:04 pm »
IT HAS TO BE ON THE AGENDA PAUL, he's fucking hopeless. Fan's will get through the screening, i'm going to go on with a bogus topic then try and get through about Hodgson tonight, and i hope many others do. We need answers.

Same here. I think its important we ask how they view our current league position. I t will atleast give some insight into their thinking.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2010, 01:36:12 pm »
Where do we currently stand in our search for a CEO?

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2010, 01:36:46 pm »
Are you intending to remove hodgson and if yes why is it taking so long?
Is it your intention that we stay a mediocre midtable side no longer able to challenge for the top honours.
Will ticket and merchandise prices reflect this shift in priorities?

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 01:36:54 pm »

Did I say it didn't?
Since when has any football club owner gone on TV and talked about his managers position and whether they will sack him or not directly?
I think it will be on the agenda, in the form of 'results aren't good enough'. I'll be astonished if anyone says 'are you going to sack him?' and they answer it.

Offline Festy

• Kopite
  • Best RAWK poster of the year 2010-11
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2010, 01:37:07 pm »
- Are you aware that keeping world class players happy at a world class club like Liverpool requires world class manager ?

- Are you aware that we won't be able to hold on to our world class players as long as mediocre Roy is in charge ?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:51:24 pm by Festy »

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2010, 01:37:09 pm »
Are the sports franchises that you own run independently of each other in terms of financing, or could there be situations where you envisage one organisation effectively drawing money from the others (or from the overall 'pot') for a necessary project?
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 01:38:06 pm »
Same here. I think its important we ask how they view our current league position. I t will atleast give some insight into their thinking.

For fuck sake lads, I didn't say it SHOULDN'T be on the 'agenda'... I said I'd be amazed if the question is asked 'are you going to sack him' and they answer it directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 01:38:41 pm »
For fuck sake lads, I didn't say it SHOULDN'T be on the 'agenda'... I said I'd be amazed if the question is asked 'are you going to sack him' and they answer it directly.

and i was not responding too you was i ?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 01:38:56 pm »
How can anybody ask about anything else then about Roy Hodgson?
This is the cancer, it is happening now, concequences will be real and long lasting.

Offline Fernando-Towers

• Anny Roader
    • The Out of Towner
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 01:39:03 pm »
I don't think they'll duck it.

My gut feeling from watching these guys is that they are prepared to deliver their view even if we might not agree.

I think they will take it near the start of the show, profess their support for Hodgson and their confidence that he will still be here next year, and move on.
"White liquid - milk. You know who to blame!".

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2010, 01:39:30 pm »
Who has the final say on transfers, the manager or Comolli?

Are you still taking advice on day to day affairs from Purslow?
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2010, 01:40:04 pm »
Last season our manager came under attack from various media outlets and the responce from the club was non existant. What plans do you have too improve the PR of the club? and also will we see more fight from the club with regards too the media? Who have constantly taken swipes at our previous manager and also tried very hard to unsettle some of our players through lies.

we need some questions about improving the PR. We get destroyed in the media and need to fight it.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2010, 01:40:36 pm »
It is my belief that until we get a CEO we will not get a new manager. I therefore ask about a CEO
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »
It's just boring going on about the manager. Rather hear more interesting questions.

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 01:41:24 pm »
How can anybody ask about anything else then about Roy Hodgson?
This is the cancer, it is happening now, concequences will be real and long lasting.

How is it a cancer, FFS we got rid of a real one two months ago.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2010, 01:41:40 pm »
lets face it they arent gonna come out and say "we're considering his position" or "we will replace him", is stupid, just hope if the question is asked we dont turn on our owners and direct anger at them.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2010, 01:41:46 pm »
Roy has publicly stated that Liverpool is "a team that wants to be in the top half of the table".

Don't you think we should be aiming a little bit higher than that?

we were a team that was in the top half of the table until hodgson arrived. 7th was considered a disaster but the face palm is trying to convince us it would be an achievement under his stewardship

Offline Gmol

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2010, 01:42:01 pm »
With our Manager doing so well for us with 35 years experience would we be better off with someone who has no experience?

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2010, 01:43:15 pm »
How is it a cancer, FFS we got rid of a real one two months ago.

Granted we got rid of most of it but there is still a suspicious looking mole that if left unchecked could grow into something disasterous, Best to lance it off now

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2010, 01:43:39 pm »
What do you make of the current state of the club, both on and off the field?
Meh...

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2010, 01:43:59 pm »
We have recently brought in Damien Comolli as the director of "football strategy", how much input are key members of staff such as Kenny Dalglish, Jose Segura, and Rodolfo Borrell getting into the strategic direction of the club?

Given our somewhat precarious league position, how important do you feel the window of opportunity coming up in January is to the short term target of european football next season?

How close are we to appointing a new CEO?

Offline lothario

• Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:30 pm »
Q1. As owners of the club, what is your minimum expectation for this season in terms of "on the pitch" results :

(a) Win a trophy.

(b) Qualify for Champions League football.

(c) Qualify for Europa League football

(d) A + B

(e) A + C

(f) Finish in the top half of the Premier League table.

(2) Is it acceptable for the Team Manager have lower expectations than your own ?

(3) If the Team Manager therefore either failed to deliver / was deemed incapable of delivering to your expectations would you replace him ?

At least you then find out what their expectations for the season are, and set the benchmark to which Hodgson has to deliver. If they were prepared to accept simply a top-half finish, or would not replace an under-achieving manager, then you know that we've jumped out of the frying pan & into the fire in terms of un-ambitious owners, and that Hodgson is not going to be moved on. If they set even a moderately decent benchmark, then it is the target for Hodgson and the way we are going at the moment the noose into which he would be putting his neck.

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:31 pm »
1. Are you aware of the impact the Anfield crowd has had on various matches through the years due to the volume & intensity, & will the acoustic's of the new stadium/redeveloped Anfield be a factor in the designs?

2. What role is Purslow playing at the club, & when will his involvement with the club be over.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:35 pm »
I would ask them about their views on the feedback of the Red Sox fans/pundits on the takeover.  Interesting enough, some misguided sox fans did not approve of their owners buying a "soccer" team for 300M pounds...that was until Henry and Co spent $300M on two players :)

In the same note, I would ask about their views on Liverpool fans' reaction to that baseball deal.  It might get them to give us a hint of what they might do over January :)
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:54 pm »
Do you share the manager's aim of making Liverpool a top half of the table club?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 01:45:36 pm »
Double edged sword really. We know it's not great to be bombarding them with questions about Hodgson, and we know that if we did some of it would be ugly, but at the same time this is an opportunity to put forward just how sick we are of having the wrong guy at the club, and if it's a two hour show where the disillusionment of the majority of the supporters isn't put forward at all then it's just ignoring the main issue at the club right now, and that means that it goes on even further.

You can't fucking win. They won't come on the show and start agreeing with supporters that he's shite, and they won't say anything other than how behind him they all are, but they have to know that people are fucked off with it all. It's not pleasant, and it's not the way we SHOULD be doing things, but it's difficult to ignore that something needs to be said.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 01:46:17 pm »
There is only 1 question for me, but apparently I'm not allowed to ask it.

So I will crawl back into my hole until the question is no longer relevant.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 01:47:48 pm »
The squad isnt as bad as the media and Roy would make out, the manager is alot worst than the media and Roy would have you believe.

Thoughts?
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 01:48:24 pm »
Double edged sword really. We know it's not great to be bombarding them with questions about Hodgson, and we know that if we did some of it would be ugly, but at the same time this is an opportunity to put forward just how sick we are of having the wrong guy at the club, and if it's a two hour show where the disillusionment of the majority of the supporters isn't put forward at all then it's just ignoring the main issue at the club right now, and that means that it goes on even further.

You can't fucking win. They won't come on the show and start agreeing with supporters that he's shite, and they won't say anything other than how behind him they all are, but they have to know that people are fucked off with it all. It's not pleasant, and it's not the way we SHOULD be doing things, but it's difficult to ignore that something needs to be said.

I agree. You cannot expect not to get any Hodgson questions with all the uncertainty and question revolving around him.  It would simply be ignoring the massive pink {insert your favorite massive animal}.  I am sure we will get a sense of what their attitude would be to such questions after the first one. 
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Clonsilla Red

• Kopite
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 01:48:36 pm »
Has our current manager got lower expectations for this club than yourselves.? "talking of finishing in the top half of the table after our defeat to newcastle"
Kenny Dalglish - 31/1/11
“The most important thing is the club.
“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 01:48:54 pm »
We will be generating less revenue than the top teams for the short and medium term.

Given this relative lack of resources how do you a) intend to compete with less resources and b) bridge the gap in revenues