Author Topic: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)  (Read 92605 times)

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
Re: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2010, 02:31:06 pm »
Are you happy with the way the team has been performing this year?

Offline No.7 The King

• Anny Roader
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2010, 02:31:33 pm »
Can you shed any light on why the previous regime sacked our most successful manager in the last 20 years?

Offline exmouth red

• Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2010, 02:33:45 pm »
My question would be: When you took over the club you said you were winners, With that in mind what expectations do you have of where the club should be as two seasons back we finished second in the league and what do you make of Roy's expectations as he seems happy with mid table in his interviews. This is LFC and mid table for this club is unacceptable!

Offline Junkle

• Stupid
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2010, 02:34:52 pm »
Please do not censor your questions. Let NESV do the sensoring. Hence questions about Roy are legitimate. Please represent some of us who cannot participate in such discussions with dignity and fairness [to the owners considering that they have only been in town for exactly 2 months].

Currently, all top teams are misfiring and we were badly misfiring last season and I don't believe that if regime change was never effected we would be misfiring again. I do not think so. Now we cannot take advantage of this bad cancer which is affecting all and sundry and we are also badly affected because of stupid mistakes by Purslow and co.
The weakest link in the team is our main man BR.

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2010, 02:40:57 pm »
Have you every considered Joe Januszewski to be our new CEO?

Offline majestic_11

• Remembers Houllier's Champions League winning campaign fondly
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK OG
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2010, 02:42:01 pm »
1) whats their views on why the ground hasn't sold out since they took over?

2) when are they going to replace roy with an exciting up and coming prospect

3) As they are so into stats they will realise that most of the media's Rafa bashing has no substance and the clubs poor performance is down to the current set up.

4) Can we expect to LFC tv to show live games and sell their own rights?

5) To CONFIRM when are you sacking Roy?

Offline Clonsilla Red

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2010, 02:44:04 pm »
The team manager has recently been quoted as saying:

“For a team that wants to be in the top half of the table, our away form is not good enough.”

Is the embracing and acceptance of mid-table mediocrity by the manager shared by the board of Liverpool Football Club?

Thanks.
thats the question I wanted to ask when I posted earlier , but I didn't put as well as that. I really would love an answer to that.
Kenny Dalglish - 31/1/11
“The most important thing is the club.
“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club."

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2010, 02:45:59 pm »
Is someone going to do a running commentary of the Q&A for those of us who are stuck at work and cant watch LFCTV?  Would greatly appreciate it.
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2010, 02:48:15 pm »
My Question:

"Why don´t we go for a world class manager as a short term solution first as we are a club with world class goals?"
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
  • Wirralien Born and Bred
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2010, 02:48:16 pm »
I would ask them whether they plan on investing on us on the same kind of scale as the red sox. Doubt it would get an honest answer...

Scale will be the same it all depends on our income however

Offline johnny_be_good

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2010, 02:48:38 pm »
If there was a manager in Major League Baseball who had won only 13 games out of 83 away from their home ground............would he be good enough for the Red Sox?

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2010, 02:50:33 pm »
I'm hoping someone records this and uploads it to the interwebs for people to download.  I'm playing 5 a side and will miss the show :(
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2010, 02:54:29 pm »
very interesting this, be real tricky if everyone bombards the 2 with pleas  for the unspecial ones release.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline GaryM

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2010, 03:00:58 pm »
Why is Christian Purslow still involved in the club?  What is his role?

How bad do things have to get before you decide to remove Hodgson from his position?
"There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team ... For that I admire Liverpool more than anything" Johan Cryuff

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2010, 03:03:12 pm »
Are you aware of Andre Villas Boas or Jurgen Klopp?

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »
1) When you say you intend to invest in the top young talent do you mean to get players who should be good enough to fight for a first team place straight away e.g. Eden Hazard, or are you thinking more along the lines of getting players under 20yrs old for example and then training them in the reserves?

2) We've suffered from serious lack of depth in our squad for the last three seasons (hence why the league position is getting worse (along with the change in manager imo) are you planning on finally investing into the squad to make us more competitive over a season?

3) I've alot of respect for how you've been doing things behind closed doors since you arrived, especially after the dark years under Hicks and Gillett where all things LFC have been displayed in the public arena giving the media a feeding frenzy and as you will  seen how happy the British media are to twist, reword and basically edit interview's players, staff and owners at the club have said will you be intending to do regular question and answer sessions with the fans through the club tv channel, as a means of keeping the fans informed of what's happening with the club?

4) We've already been informed of the plans to take the club back to asia for the pre-season to make the most of the marketing opportunties there. As other premier league clubs are trying to establish a foothold in the United States and possibly try and capture the market there, Do you think that you'd like to take the club to states in the future as you already know and understand the American market?
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Skagen

• Hard for Hodgson
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2010, 03:08:11 pm »
I think the Academy and Melwood should be located at the same place, what do you think John?
“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.”

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2010, 03:09:35 pm »
I would ask them whether they plan on investing on us on the same kind of scale as the red sox. Doubt it would get an honest answer...

havent had the chance really have they. transfer windows been shut.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2010, 03:11:29 pm »
Do you think it acceptable that we have lost more games in the league this season than won?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2010, 03:12:25 pm »
Does the club have a contigency plan, if the season continues to spiral downwards?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2010, 03:13:28 pm »
Can you categorically state, live on air and infront of witnesses, that you absolutely hate that jumping little fuckstump Martin O'Neill?

This would stop me from having the nightmares I've been experiencing, and allow me to fully concentrate my mind on the possibility of you sacking the worst manager I've ever seen.

Thanks. Much love.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline annealicia

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2010, 03:14:07 pm »

THE PHONES LINES FOR THIS EVENINGS QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION WITH JOHN HENRY ARE NOW OPEN WHICH MEANS I SUSPECT THAT THEY ARE INDEED VETTING THE CALLS.

0845 234 4567

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2010, 03:14:12 pm »
Can you categorically state, live on air and infront of witnesses, that you absolutely hate that jumping little fuckstump Martin O'Neill?

This would stop me from having the nightmares I've been experiencing, and allow me to fully concentrate my mind on the possibility of you sacking the worst manager I've ever seen.

Thanks. Much love.

Nice :D

Offline Turkmeister

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Blah!
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2010, 03:14:55 pm »
I really hope they allow questions about the managerial position as I think this is currently top of the fans agenda, but I have a feeling we might not even get one question on this matter put forward.

I think we will hear about stadium plans, team plans, youth academe and CEO search etc

Offline RedGirlSuzie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only hero we need!
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2010, 03:17:06 pm »
Do you understand how much this club means to the fans yet, in the sense we see LFC as a family member? If so how can you sit back and not say a word whilst it's being wripped apart by the last remaining soldiers of Hicks + Gillett's army? (Purslow and Hodgson)

At the minute the stagnant state of the club is making the rebuilding process more difficult with each day and poor result/performance that passes, when are we going to see the changes being rung around the club, which will benefit us in the long run?

Both are probably abit strong, but hey ho!!!
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: 'Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!'

What a legend this man is!

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2010, 03:17:35 pm »
If it's not poor tactics and inept management that is making our best players look ordinary - what is the cause?

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2010, 03:29:39 pm »
are you aware who neuchatel xamax are?
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2010, 03:30:40 pm »
"How do you listen to when taking the next steps for our clubs?"
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline IAN_ina_RUSH

• Main Stander
  • Gray - At 3-0 this is over...embarrasing!!
« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2010, 03:32:25 pm »
Are you happy that we gave away 2 promising youngsters and 6M pounds for Paul Konchesky? 

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2010, 03:33:55 pm »
THE PHONES LINES FOR THIS EVENINGS QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION WITH JOHN HENRY ARE NOW OPEN WHICH MEANS I SUSPECT THAT THEY ARE INDEED VETTING THE CALLS.

0845 234 4567

"Caller number one is Bjorn from Norway. Bjorn, what's your question?"

"Hi guys! More of a statement than a question really. I just wanted to say it's fucking brilliant at the moment, isn't it? I mean, it's really fucking brilliant."

"Thanks Bjorn, yes it is"
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2010, 03:36:09 pm »
"Caller number one is Bjorn from Norway. Bjorn, what's your question?"

"Hi guys! More of a statement than a question really. I just wanted to say it's fucking brilliant at the moment, isn't it? I mean, it's really fucking brilliant."

"Thanks Bjorn, yes it is"

"Our next Called is Adam..... he's from Liverpool and wants to talk about ticket pricing"

"Hi actually I wanted to talk about our manager"

*click

"We seem to have lost Adam, Adam are you there? Ah well next caller"

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2010, 03:40:52 pm »
1) Sack Roy
2) Bring back Aquilani
3) Sell Konchesky and Poulsen

not questions just advice.....
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2010, 03:51:10 pm »
When NESV took over the club there was a lot of noise about you coming here to win. If that is the case, why do you have a manager in-charge who has never won a major league competition in his life, has a frankly dreadful away record and lets face it, is no spring chicken ?

OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2010, 03:55:01 pm »
Historically LFCtv have asked the difficult questions (to broughton ) hopefully they will be happy to do the same to NESV

i just hope the questions are asked intelligently rather than

when you gonna sack Roy innit?

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2010, 03:55:03 pm »
What are your expectations and ambitions for this season? do they even have any or is this season being treated as a write off?

If they can address the above, the fans will know on what basis to judge Roy. At the moment there's no clarity in what we're looking to achieve. Just lots of uncertainty.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2010, 03:56:19 pm »
What are your expectations and ambitions for this season? do they even have any or is this season being treated as a write off?

If they can address the above, the fans will know on what basis to judge Roy. At the moment there's no clarity in what we're looking to achieve. Just lots of uncertainty.

Two away wins in the league  between now and May would be a phenominal achievement.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »
Two away wins in the league  between now and May would be a phenominal achievement.

Roy?
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2010, 04:01:42 pm »

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2010, 04:02:29 pm »
My question would be along the lines of

Given we where competing at the very highest stage only 2 years ago what is the main cause for our demise, and what are your plans for correcting this?

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2010, 04:02:44 pm »
They will be well aware of the number of questions regarding the manager and the depth of feeling on the matter.  They will field a question about it and answer it with an elegantly straight batted forward defensive backing the manager.  They will do this whether they intend to let Roy see out the season or whether they intend to sack him should he fail to beat Fulham.

That is the way it should be.  They appear, in their dealings so far, to be pretty straightforward in their answers to questions, I suggest that if you want to get an interesting response you come up with a question which addresses something that they are able to answer.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'