Author Topic: Fifa 21 - Next Gen  (Read 15159 times)

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Fifa 21 - Next Gen
« on: June 19, 2020, 09:15:45 am »
After what seems like buying the same game with transfer updates every year I am not too excited about this.

However Id be curious to see the difference on the next gen consoles.

A bit of info has been released today. Some nice screenshots, the one of the Anfield crowd certainly looks an improvement!

https://nextlevel.ea.com/en-us

Also for me, I only play career mode. Id like to see some improvements here.

I used to be Pro Evo through and through, however the lack of licensing and ammount of tine i spent editing before playing really began to grate. The infamous Kolo Toure face was the straw that broke the camels back for me!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 09:18:16 am by Fabulous_aurelio »
"Salahs in here......"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fifa 21 - Next Gen
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 09:21:49 am »
They have to improve on last years game which I thought was the worst FIFA ever released.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 09:24:15 am »
Judging from the trailer last night, the demo with have:

Liverpool,
Chelsea,
PSG,
Dortmund,
Spurs,
City,
Atletico,
Real Madrid

As the playable teams. Looks like they’ve impproved the stadium shots and crowd atmosphere but the gameplay isn’t getting revealed until August.

Interesting that they’re doing a staggered reveal though, with different modes being shown on different dates.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 10:47:38 am by J-Mc- »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 10:48:39 am »
They need to change the menus, it;'s been the same layout for years that's why every FIFA feels the same. And a change on career mode is badly needed, it's so limited with what you can do

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 11:06:17 am »
Oh yeah absolutely.

One simple thing about career mode they could fix instantly is simply having a players stats history. Its shit that you cant see that. Id love to look back at some of my players past seasons goals scored etc.

The form arrows are shit too. In pro evo if a player had a blue down arrow you really felt it in the game. This also encourages squad rotation which I liked.

Fifa doesnt have that at all.
"Salahs in here......"

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 11:50:53 am »
Using the same engine for next gen so don’t get your hopes up on much change gameplay wise.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 07:09:25 pm »
Interesting that they’re doing a staggered reveal though, with different modes being shown on different dates.

I might be wrong but I think they did something similar last year.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 07:49:03 pm »
Yeah they drip feed the info, to go with differing mode alphas/betas.

God knows why, they’ve not touched two of the modes in about seven years.
AHA!

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 11:51:51 pm »
The website gives me a headache.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 09:59:42 am »
Dual Entitlement - buy FIFA21 on PS4 or Xbox One and you can have the next Gen version at no extra cost if you purchase a new console

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 10:13:57 pm »
They have to improve on last years game which I thought was the worst FIFA ever released.

Deffo. The AI in the game is really poor. Someone did a comparison with Fifa 20 with Fifa 17. Fifa 17, when you have the ball, every player around you is moving. Moving into space, calling for the ball and defending AI is responding to that. A more fluid and dynamic playing experience. FIFA 20, every player stands still. No movement, which makes the game extremely boring and repetitive.

The through balls on this game are flawed. A simple through ball, either goes straight to the keeper or the pass assistance sends it in not the direction you precisely want but players can do 180 normal passes under pressure with their body facing the wrong way.

I understand the complaints of past FIFAs were it was ping pong passes and gameplay which was fast, but they've took it to the other extreme making it stale and slow. Generally one way to win, keep your defence deep and pass between your CDMs until you find an opening. I hope the next Gen allows you to play a variety of ways, especially UT with all the different cards available.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 03:23:41 am »

Yup. I agree with what OOS said too. FIFAs problem for a long time now has been that it's style over substance though. It's all well and good adding stuff - as seen in the video - like the bus arriving, but far more important to fix/improve the core gameplay. I'll give the demo a fair shake, but I'm sceptical that they'll do the latter given EAs track record with the series.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 08:34:46 am »
Problem with the demo is it ALWAYS feels different, plays really well, but then you get all the kids moaning and EA revert back to the previous style of gameplay within a week or two.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2020, 11:22:58 am »
Problem with the demo is it ALWAYS feels different, plays really well, but then you get all the kids moaning and EA revert back to the previous style of gameplay within a week or two.

True.  Fucking EA.  Every year the demo/acutal game experience is like going on a blind date with someone who's picture looks like Ana de Armas... and then when they turn up it's Susan Boyle.

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 09:39:34 pm »
Hadn't played FIFA for years but decided to drop some coin on 20. Its slow and tedious, agreed. What I really despise is this insistence to unlock cards you have to play a fair amount online, here you find one of the worst online matchmaking systems iv'e ever seen. Literally every single star card team vs my bunch of shitty golds, can hold out for ages but always lose by a goal or 2. Its not fun whatsoever, so you go through some even worse squad battle system .. just .. no.

21 needs to shake up the modes a lot and improve game pace.
- all in my opinion of course -

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 01:16:23 am »
Always thought a way they should improve ultimate team would be to do a league structure.

So you get put into a league of 20 other players, each starting out with a club of 25 players ranging from bronze to gold.

You can sign players (buy cards,) but they only come up on a randomised marketplace, so one week you could have 20 players ranging from say Lewandowski to Traore. Highest bidder wins and you can only purchase one player per every 2 weeks, meaning that if you take a chance one week, you potentially miss out on a better player in the second week.

No ronaldo/messi/mbappe ect, they’re only for consecutive league winners.

Keeps things competitive and on an even playing field.

Remove the links system and basically have each player grow in chemistry the more they play in the team and the system you adopt.

Each time a season ends, you get put into another league with players who’re on your skill level.

So you’re against someone elses AI controlled team for the league.

Cups could be Player Vs Player at set dates and times for cups.

Give the thing a major revamp.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 01:19:30 am by J-Mc- »

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 05:30:58 am »
PES 2020 is a vastly superior football experience, I dunno why anyone who wants to play an actual realistic game of football bothers with FIFA these days.
Seems Konami are going to just add an update patch to PES 2020 and focus fully on the next gen PES 2022 instead.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 12:27:00 pm »
Last Fifa was the first one I'd bought since 2013 and I couldn't believe how bad it was. Probably the least fun I've ever had playing a video game. Think I gave it a few days of solid play to give it a chance and just gave up in the end due to how bored I was.

If they're sticking with the same engine then I won't be buying another one any time soon.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 01:15:35 pm »
PES 2020 is a vastly superior football experience, I dunno why anyone who wants to play an actual realistic game of football bothers with FIFA these days.
Seems Konami are going to just add an update patch to PES 2020 and focus fully on the next gen PES 2022 instead.

PES plays so much better than FIFA, it’s the lack of modes and licensing that kills it for most.

Loads can’t be arsed doing the option files (even though it’s worth it.)

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 01:21:15 pm »
Forget the modes and licensing, just the games menus and layout are absolutely tinpot.

Have to say, I’ve been banging that chemistry point you made, since Ultimate Team was a thing. Sadly, that would mean less packs being bought and no chance of happening. Them doing away with Seasons and Cups was a massive misstep too, there’s literally no point in having any players bar the best, I’m someone who enjoys the collecting side of it (without spending money too, real drag it is), so I’m in minority of trying new players/systems.
AHA!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 02:34:51 pm »
PES plays so much better than FIFA, it’s the lack of modes and licensing that kills it for most.

Loads can’t be arsed doing the option files (even though it’s worth it.)

Option files don't work online though, that's why most can't be arsed?

Whatever about the gameplay on fifa(played 17 and 19 for two years so maybe they are due a decent one again). FUT just really fucks me off. The game has all these fantastic legends I want to play with but I need 5million coins to buy one or complete a challenge that would take 100hours of effort, or what they want you to do, spend money to buy packs that have less than a 1% chance of containing someone special. Roulette for kids, its disgusting.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 02:46:34 pm »
I don't mind the last few installments of FIFA. I usually get a bit burnt out with FUT but I still enjoy the odd game. I used to get both but I don't see the point anymore. Though PES might aspire to be more realistic I had less fun with it as an overall package it feels dated.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 08:20:59 pm »
Feel like they've missed a trick with the Squad Building Challenges. Taking out bronze and silver tournaments rendered most of the players completely useless for your team.

To turn this on its head, I'd like to see SBCs where instead of just submitting them and receiving your prize, you are entered into a tournament with the team you've built.

The reward system could be tiered over four games like in draft. You might be tempted to pay a little more for better players instead of just going for the cheapest, depending on your ability and predicted chances of winning 4-in-a-row.

I'd have a lot more fun playing with and against weird combinations like minimum 7 Swedish players, minimum 4 nationalities, minimum 11 leagues, maximum 74, or what ever.

If they released one of them per week with random matchmaking, it'd keep me interested a lot longer.

Offline Kloppo.GER

• Boys Pen
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 10:58:26 am »
What I would love to see in the new Fifa would be a cross-play option for PC, Xbox & Playstation. But I'm quite sure that will stay a dream, although many other games are able to do it...
Otherwise I will probably buy the game again although its always the same and nothing new...:(

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2020, 09:17:29 am »
Video out today I believe. Hopefully see something of the PS5 version

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2020, 01:35:25 pm »
Trent's in the new Fifa 21 trailer along with Mbappe, Haaland, and Joao Felix

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tuLAn9adQpI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tuLAn9adQpI</a>

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2020, 02:12:53 pm »
Pro clubs is pretty much the only mode I play and it's beyond frustrating how they do the bare minimum with it just because it doesn't bring them as much money as UT etc.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2020, 04:50:42 pm »
What a shit trailer, hardly shows anything about the game

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2020, 08:22:29 pm »
In their press release, EA stated: “New this year is the ability for Club Managers to customize the AI Players in their Club. You'll find a new tile under the 'manage' section in Pro Clubs, from which managers will be able to customize the visual appearance, name, and kit of the 20+ AI Players on their team.”

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2020, 10:45:48 pm »
They are doing away with fitness cards for FUT.

Revolutionary!

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 11:16:46 pm »
Same game, but with added customisation it seems.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #31 on: September 7, 2020, 09:08:55 pm »
Not played Fifa 20 for a few months. Picked it up today as I fancied a new career mode with all this new season coverage we've been seeing.

I can tell you now, I won't be giving EA any of my money for a few years. The game is fucking dog shit. It's absolutely awful. Littered with errors and glitches.

I wish Pro Evo had the licences. Its the far superior game.

"Salahs in here......"

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 7, 2020, 09:11:38 pm »
Will it have empty arenas?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 8, 2020, 12:12:33 am »
Already has the etihad

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 09:02:41 am »
Not played Fifa 20 for a few months. Picked it up today as I fancied a new career mode with all this new season coverage we've been seeing.

I can tell you now, I won't be giving EA any of my money for a few years. The game is fucking dog shit. It's absolutely awful. Littered with errors and glitches.

I wish Pro Evo had the licences. Its the far superior game.

Yeah, Fifa 20 will be the last one I get - I've had every one since Road to World Cup '98. Managed to get Leicester to the Champions League final, lost 1-0 because the opposition broke and as I held Triangle down to charge my keeper, they just sprinted on the spot like they were running through custard. A few other notable errors I've experienced:

Post match press conferences: After winning a Bundesliga game 6-0, the reporter says "Your unbeaten streak came to a close today. Are your players not good enough?"
In game commentary: Martin Tyler and Alan Smith discussing the potential retirement of a 24 year old player

The start was the worst, before they released a patch (swear it was a good couple of months) where sides in career mode would heavily and unnecessarily rotate. For example, I played against Man City and they had Carson, Garcia, Foden etc starting for no reason. The Liverpool starting XI included Lonergan, Brewster, Chirivella and Elliott with the first XI rotting in the reserves.

Can't believe they would get something so big wrong with all the testing they do. All of the focus now is on Ultimate Team, which is their cash cow and also where they get all the free publicity from divvies on YouTube.

Binning it this year.  :wanker

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 03:56:10 pm »
I didn't think a great deal of FIFA 20 but played it for a while anyway for my football fix, tried PES, played less than a half, laughed at its utter shittiness and uninstalled it, thank goodness it was on Gamepass

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2020, 08:04:27 pm »
Realised I could change the way you jockey to manual and it's changed alot of the game for me. Just won the CL with Liverpool on legendary against Real Madrid. Salah equalised through a pen given away by Ramos...got some small enjoyment from that  :D

I've pre-ordered the new one. You get a 10 percent discount if you own FIFA 20 for the ultimate edition and then the free upgrade to the PS5 so not a bad deal

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2020, 11:54:35 am »
I've been unable to find solid confirmation of this anywhere - the next gen upgrades:

If you buy a physical copy of Fifa 21 for Xbox One, do you get another physical copy when it's available for Series X, or, as is more likely, will this contain a download code for the game on the new console?

And the same I'm assuming should you purchase it digitally initially?

I like having a physical game, but if I do plump for the Series X, it makes more sense to buy it for £45-£50 on Xbox One and download the upgraded version on the new console, than it does to buy for £65-£70 on the new machine.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2020, 11:59:56 am »
I've been unable to find solid confirmation of this anywhere - the next gen upgrades:

If you buy a physical copy of Fifa 21 for Xbox One, do you get another physical copy when it's available for Series X, or, as is more likely, will this contain a download code for the game on the new console?

And the same I'm assuming should you purchase it digitally initially?

I like having a physical game, but if I do plump for the Series X, it makes more sense to buy it for £45-£50 on Xbox One and download the upgraded version on the new console, than it does to buy for £65-£70 on the new machine.
You just stick your Xbox One disc into the Series X and it will download the upgraded version.

If you buy the discless Series S you're stuffed and should instead buy your Xbox One version digitally.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 01:20:54 pm »
You just stick your Xbox One disc into the Series X and it will download the upgraded version.

If you buy the discless Series S you're stuffed and should instead buy your Xbox One version digitally.
Thanks. I'm more likely to go for the mainline console than the Series S, so would potentially suit me.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez