Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer Series  (Read 50980 times)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer Series
« Reply #520 on: September 24, 2021, 10:23:57 am »
I'm looking forward to this.  Everyone has been panning it but things like the ability to press and the tactical setup of different teams represent a challenge that you just don't get with FIFA. The "glitzy" kits and licensing is all very well and I know it appeals to a lot of people but I'm an adult so can look beyond fictitious ratings, UT and all that crap and enjoy the gameplay that PES previously offered.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #521 on: September 24, 2021, 12:41:32 pm »
I'm looking forward to this.  Everyone has been panning it but things like the ability to press and the tactical setup of different teams represent a challenge that you just don't get with FIFA. The "glitzy" kits and licensing is all very well and I know it appeals to a lot of people but I'm an adult so can look beyond fictitious ratings, UT and all that crap and enjoy the gameplay that PES previously offered.

No way, looks like a pile of shit to me.

Don't like the camera angle. Don't like the stupid player symbols.

The player selection screen looks rubbish. And they offer 9 teams in a game that isn't even finished after nearly 3 years of development! They showed journalists a version that didn't even have haptic feedback ready yet, and then failed to give them any new footage to show.

I played the New Football Game demon on PS5, and I would not even download what Konami are offering for Free.

*I'll leave my typo in there :)

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #522 on: September 25, 2021, 11:31:54 am »
No way, looks like a pile of shit to me.

Don't like the camera angle. Don't like the stupid player symbols.

The player selection screen looks rubbish. And they offer 9 teams in a game that isn't even finished after nearly 3 years of development! They showed journalists a version that didn't even have haptic feedback ready yet, and then failed to give them any new footage to show.

I played the New Football Game demon on PS5, and I would not even download what Konami are offering for Free.

*I'll leave my typo in there :)

Not even just so as to judge it yourself, based on experience of multiple factors rather than appearance?  I've got my concerns (to the extent that I can be bothered having concerns about a video game that I never end up playing much anyway), but tend to think the series has been pretty good on the 'recent' (PS4 etc) generation and so I'm more than happy to give this a try (perhaps even looking forward to it after reading that IGN piece).  I'd have thought you've invested so much time in the series (and contributed so many posts on it!) over the years that it'd be at least worth trying (though maybe you've come to a point t which you've decided 'no more!').

What do you mean by "player symbols" by the way?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #523 on: September 25, 2021, 12:19:16 pm »
Yeah I mean I got as many concerns and complaints as the next man but if there's a saving grace it'll be in how it plays (as ever) and it's literally gonna be free to try, so...

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: September 27, 2021, 11:56:16 am »
Yeah I mean I got as many concerns and complaints as the next man but if there's a saving grace it'll be in how it plays (as ever) and it's literally gonna be free to try, so...

Yeah, this is it. It's free. Not only that, we know that the things that are missing are not going to be missing forever, and if you're a kid who wants to play a football sim against your mates and can't afford the FIFA upgrades each year then you have a cross-platform alternative.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2021, 12:19:39 pm »
when does it come out? is it the next few weeks?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2021, 12:51:58 pm »
when does it come out? is it the next few weeks?

It's out this Thursday, but until Saturday it'll only be the landing screen as they've not done the coding for the 'press any button' yet.  Next week you'll be able to browse the menu systems, and from Friday the 8th the 9 playable teams will begin to be added - I believe Arsenal will be the first, with Bayern being added at some point during the following week - so you're looking at week-commencing Monday 11th for your first 'on pitch' action.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2021, 01:10:11 pm »
Yeah, this is it. It's free. Not only that, we know that the things that are missing are not going to be missing forever, and if you're a kid who wants to play a football sim against your mates and can't afford the FIFA upgrades each year then you have a cross-platform alternative.
some parts are free. The main game parts like career will need paying for from what I've read.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2021, 02:09:02 pm »
It's out this Thursday, but until Saturday it'll only be the landing screen as they've not done the coding for the 'press any button' yet.  Next week you'll be able to browse the menu systems, and from Friday the 8th the 9 playable teams will begin to be added - I believe Arsenal will be the first, with Bayern being added at some point during the following week - so you're looking at week-commencing Monday 11th for your first 'on pitch' action.

thanks mate.

wasn't sure if that was satire at first..!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #529 on: September 27, 2021, 02:51:21 pm »
thanks mate.

wasn't sure if that was satire at first..!
I think that I still can't tell if it is or not tells you everything you need to know about this games' development and impending doom as a franchise.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: September 27, 2021, 03:21:28 pm »

Wait, what?!  ;D

They are releasing the game on Thursday but it is just the start up screen and you cannot continue until Saturday? Then next week you can freely browse the menus but can't do anything yet either? Then on Friday you will finally be able to play some football with no other than Arsenal?!  ;D

What a shitshow.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #531 on: September 27, 2021, 03:56:19 pm »
Wait, what?!  ;D

They are releasing the game on Thursday but it is just the start up screen and you cannot continue until Saturday? Then next week you can freely browse the menus but can't do anything yet either? Then on Friday you will finally be able to play some football with no other than Arsenal?!  ;D

What a shitshow.

Okay, okay...so the first four or five words were accurate  ;D  State of Konami's reputation, hey...  :o  If I'd known you were dropping by, I'd have added that Weezer are doing the soundtrack!

https://en.as.com/en/2021/09/26/latest_news/1632682335_210677.html

Out Thursday, with 9 teams and limited modes.  Sounds like a bit of a shitshow, but - given the IGN article posted on the previous page - I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt simply because I don't care enough not to do so, if that makes sense...!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: September 27, 2021, 04:24:04 pm »
Okay, okay...so the first four or five words were accurate  ;D  State of Konami's reputation, hey...  :o  If I'd known you were dropping by, I'd have added that Weezer are doing the soundtrack!

https://en.as.com/en/2021/09/26/latest_news/1632682335_210677.html

Out Thursday, with 9 teams and limited modes.  Sounds like a bit of a shitshow, but - given the IGN article posted on the previous page - I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt simply because I don't care enough not to do so, if that makes sense...!

Haha! You well and truly had me believing that, such is the state of the gaming industry at the minute  ;D

Lets hope it exceeds expectations as FIFA will be the same old, same old!

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: September 27, 2021, 08:22:07 pm »
Moaned about this in the FIFA thread but as a PC player they're giving me the LAST GEN version. 3080 rtx unused

Sooo I'm still not uninstalling my modded PES 2021

No harm in trying the next PES. Knowing I can play 21 in the meantime. Or forever.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2021, 03:44:13 pm »
Just had a go on the free version of this released today.

As someone who has played iterations of eFootball/PES/Pro Evolution Soccer/International Superstar since 1996, this was one of the most disappointing experiences I've ever had. It played awfully and I switched off halfway through the game.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2021, 03:45:42 pm »
Already the worst rated game in Steam history.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2021, 03:49:51 pm »
Put a fork in it.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2021, 03:51:55 pm »
Some of the collisions/glitches are both hilarious and pretty sad. A year out for this mess.

It’s barely even an Alpha.
AHA!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2021, 04:04:22 pm »
I'm genuinely considering buying a FIFA title for only the second time since "Road to World Cup 98". That was a hell of a game to be fair.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #539 on: September 30, 2021, 04:07:46 pm »
There’s also (at least one, might be two) new game in development, UFL is it? No idea when it/they are due though.
AHA!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #540 on: September 30, 2021, 06:03:00 pm »
I'm genuinely quite angry about this. It's so fucking bad, the Reddit threads at https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/ on it are funny but also unbelievable. People feel ripped off by this and they didn't even pay for it ;D

As the legacy of some of the best football games ever it's embarrassing. To have released this in the state it's in is offensive.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #541 on: September 30, 2021, 08:31:21 pm »
What a sad day this is,

I loved ISS back in the day, got Pro Evo 1 and brought every title throughout the golden PS2 era, including for me the best football game ever in Pro Evo 5, admittedly jumped ship to FIFA in 2010 as they had a misstep in the PS3 era but went straight back for PES16 when I got a PS4 and hadn’t looked back since. PES 19 and 20 were truly great games to play.

Today I downloaded the free version of the PS5 demo and it’s a horror show. Ive deleted it already. I played 3 games and honestly can’t remember playing a football game so bad since I got bought UEFA Striker for the Dreamcast 22 years ago! It plays horribly and looks even worse!

RIP Miranda, Castolo and Ximelez. May their legacy live forever

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: September 30, 2021, 08:53:18 pm »
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY BOY

No harm in trying the next PES

shows what I fucking well know

they mangled it everythig from the controls to the football

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: September 30, 2021, 09:48:11 pm »
Anyone figured out how they’ve managed to make Messi the worst player on the game?

Tried to go full sprint before, space ahead of me, Fernandes a good 5-10 foot behind me, ends up not only catching up, but winning the ball because Messi had the turning circle of the titanic going at the iceberg.

Shocking game.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #544 on: September 30, 2021, 10:55:54 pm »
must been stevie wonder that did that positive pre view for IGN
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #545 on: October 1, 2021, 12:02:45 am »

It feels like they reviewed a different game.

There's some thread on the Reddit with "an honest review" which makes it sound like a decent, but flawed game. It's just utter garbage.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #546 on: October 1, 2021, 07:42:41 am »
Anyone reckon there'll be Options files made for PES 2021 with this seasons kits / players?

Think i will still to PES 2021, but it'd be nice to update the kits and such.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: October 1, 2021, 08:28:30 am »
100%, I'd imagine from the usual sources. Pes Universe, Pes futebol etc

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: October 1, 2021, 08:30:44 am »
By the sounds of it the missing animations and functionality for launch was always going to affect gameplay. It still may be decent when they fully release it all but they seem obsessed with just releasing anything before fifa which seems to be a self destructive tactic. Instead of releasing effectively a poor demo wait and release a full game

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: October 1, 2021, 02:05:18 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline mkferdy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: October 1, 2021, 02:11:41 pm »
That's got to be fake surely  :lmao

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: October 1, 2021, 05:03:37 pm »
Some more gems:

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: October 1, 2021, 06:08:31 pm »
Anyone reckon there'll be Options files made for PES 2021 with this seasons kits / players?

Think i will still to PES 2021, but it'd be nice to update the kits and such.

Yeah already is this is my weekend project (not decided what pack yet)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UGmVclaIjhw

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: October 1, 2021, 07:12:52 pm »
Some more gems:

:lmao

Even Pogba can't believe it.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: October 1, 2021, 07:16:18 pm »
It's IGN. They recently did a poll for the best game ever made, and God of War (most recent one) won. So...yeah.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: October 1, 2021, 07:38:45 pm »

Please tell me these are all real. I can't stop laughing

Offline mkferdy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: October 1, 2021, 07:51:48 pm »
All joking aside, they have got the arsenal fans spot on!

The balls from Konami to release something as awful as this!
« Last Edit: October 1, 2021, 07:53:58 pm by mkferdy »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: October 2, 2021, 07:12:52 pm »
I sprung a fiver for PESUniverse's latest database (competitions and kits for like every league)

well worth it

« Last Edit: October 2, 2021, 07:18:08 pm by ToneLa »

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #558 on: October 2, 2021, 09:33:23 pm »

I was going to download it and give it a go. Not a big horror gamer though so I'll give this one a miss.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #559 on: October 3, 2021, 09:28:05 am »
 FIFA 22 is the best FIFA in ages too just to rub things in.