Author Topic: Liverpool City Council  (Read 112056 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Joe Anderson Mayor of Liverpool
« Reply #240 on: December 3, 2018, 11:49:10 am »
If people spend their hard earned money and travel from Scandinavia to watch a gam that is a compliment to the club, not a reason for derision. I never understood complaining about where the actual game goers come from. They have to pay the same to get in by and large. Poor form from a mayor

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #241 on: December 3, 2018, 12:23:43 pm »
The money generated by the supporters who travel to the city on Liverpool match days should not be underestimated.
If the city had to rely on cash generated by blues travelling fans it would go bankrupt.
The Fat Odious Toad should keep his mouth shut.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: December 3, 2018, 12:29:55 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #243 on: December 3, 2018, 01:03:35 pm »
The man is a complete buffoon, an embarrassment and staggeringly unprofessional. He supposed to represent all of this city, not just the blue quarter. His comments yesterday were idiotic, but no surprise from him and no surprise from a Bitter. They are so xenophobic and inward looking a it's shameful.

It's shocking how they get away with being so disrespectful to visitors to our city. Visitors who put money into our hotels, transport system and local businesses. Visitors who spread the word about our city across the globe. Visitors who act with far more class and dignity than the so-called Mayor of Liverpool.

Anderson is an utter disgrace.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #244 on: December 3, 2018, 02:39:03 pm »
Only Everton fans cannot contain their hatred and the pure bitterness that curses through their veins, that they break professionalism in a job/role like a mayor where he's supposed to represent all of Liverpool. He's hilarious, in a weird way I almost fucking love him and will miss his stupid acts like this and when he rang the bizzies on Chelsea when he's replaced by a far more competent person for the job. The fat idiot.
Justice for the 97

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: December 3, 2018, 03:19:48 pm »
^
If his role wasn't such a high profile one I'd probably miss his buffoonery myself when he goes. Thing is, he's the Mayor of Liverpool. He makes our city look so smalltime and a bit of a laughing stock. We need real professionals with brains representing us, not brainless buffoons who are only interested in themselves and looking after their mates. We'll always look smalltime with clowns like him pretending to represent us all.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: December 3, 2018, 03:47:43 pm »
^
I agree, this City produces plenty of bright, capable, articulate people who could represent the City so much better than him.
I always think of a pitch to bring a big employer to the City. Rivals have their best people out and we are potentially represented by him.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: December 3, 2018, 07:47:16 pm »
Ah, it's ok now.
Chippy Tits has just told the Echo that his slagging off of visitors to our city was just "banter".

Ok Joe.  :wanker

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 3, 2018, 08:15:40 pm »
^
If his role wasn't such a high profile one I'd probably miss his buffoonery myself when he goes. Thing is, he's the Mayor of Liverpool. He makes our city look so smalltime and a bit of a laughing stock. We need real professionals with brains representing us, not brainless buffoons who are only interested in themselves and looking after their mates. We'll always look smalltime with clowns like him pretending to represent us all.

Joe has been a good Mayor for the city, he's guided us well through the Austerity years. He's done some good stuff around saving vital public services and dragging the public sector into the 21st century with cost effective savings while keeping things afloat. His Everton comments just put a big stain on his record.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: December 3, 2018, 09:27:40 pm »
Joe has been a good Mayor for the city, he's guided us well through the Austerity years. He's done some good stuff around saving vital public services and dragging the public sector into the 21st century with cost effective savings while keeping things afloat. His Everton comments just put a big stain on his record.

He fucking loves student accommodation though.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #250 on: December 3, 2018, 10:02:50 pm »
He fucking loves student accommodation though.
They won't be furnished with any of that shite from Ikea   ;)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #251 on: December 3, 2018, 11:21:10 pm »
Fat Joes tweeting, all around us,
Goes the lobster pot, just for fun,
tis the season, to lose the derby,
MERRY XMAS EVERTON
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #252 on: December 4, 2018, 08:26:38 am »
They won't be furnished with any of that shite from Ikea   ;)

Or posters of Munch's Scream either.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2018, 10:38:00 pm »
Front page of the Echo today said Fat Joe had pulled out of the northern powerhouse project because of some issue regarding HS2?  Does he have legitimate concerns or is he just throwing his toys out the pram again to try and stay relevant?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2018, 10:55:14 pm »
Front page of the Echo today said Fat Joe had pulled out of the northern powerhouse project because of some issue regarding HS2?  Does he have legitimate concerns or is he just throwing his toys out the pram again to try and stay relevant?

The issue was the £7bn funding for HS2 from Manchester to Liverpool being withdrawn, less than 24 hours after being told it had been agreed in Whitehall. On this, he is right to make as much noise as possible as its a disgrace the city is being overlooked again.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2018, 11:20:28 pm »
The issue was the £7bn funding for HS2 from Manchester to Liverpool being withdrawn, less than 24 hours after being told it had been agreed in Whitehall. On this, he is right to make as much noise as possible as its a disgrace the city is being overlooked again.

Maybe so, but a decision that could be as important as that really should be for the council.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2018, 11:51:37 pm »

I am not a fan of Joe.  a bully. But all the same things that make him a shit mayor locally are what make him good nationally. He does kick up a fuss when we're being shafted. Steve Rotheram on the other hand, I've barley heard a peep out of since he got in.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:52:44 pm by John C »

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #257 on: December 11, 2018, 08:44:52 am »
I find him arrogant, egotistical and a bully. He makes the city a laughing stock at times with his rants and responses to people on Twitter.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2018, 10:13:12 am »
I am not a fan of Joe. Corrupt and a bully. But all the same things that make him a shit mayor locally are what make him good nationally. He does kick up a fuss when we're being shafted. Steve Rotheram on the other hand, I've barley heard a peep out of since he got in.

Probably why he was passed over for selection when Rotheram left his seat.

I only saw the front page; I don't read the paper or check it's website so I just wanted to know if he had a legitimate complaint, and in this case that appears to be so.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #259 on: December 11, 2018, 10:27:33 am »
Losing the deal to have Channel 4 base their offices in the city really hurt him and the biggest drawback for that deal was a lack of HS2 all the way to the city

The current compromise HS2 deal has HS2 trains from London to Crewe and then the standard line from Crewe to Liverpool. It would still speed up the travel time but Liverpool would be excluded from having access to the line over Manchester and Leeds (the eventual winner of the C4 deal)

My personal issue with the human Thumb is his fetish for student housing in the city when his focus needs to be on affordable housing that can generate council tax for the city.

I think when he isn't being a horrible bitter blue and setting up failed property developments he can be a force for good in the city. I do think he and Steve Rotheram needs to do more but they are doing the best they can with the hand this government deals this city

His views on homelessness and cultural events should be highly commended for example
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:29:40 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2018, 02:31:28 pm »
Losing the deal to have Channel 4 base their offices in the city really hurt him and the biggest drawback for that deal was a lack of HS2 all the way to the city

The current compromise HS2 deal has HS2 trains from London to Crewe and then the standard line from Crewe to Liverpool. It would still speed up the travel time but Liverpool would be excluded from having access to the line over Manchester and Leeds (the eventual winner of the C4 deal)

My personal issue with the human Thumb is his fetish for student housing in the city when his focus needs to be on affordable housing that can generate council tax for the city.

I think when he isn't being a horrible bitter blue and setting up failed property developments he can be a force for good in the city. I do think he and Steve Rotheram needs to do more but they are doing the best they can with the hand this government deals this city

His views on homelessness and cultural events should be highly commended for example

Students do need to live somewhere, and it's all in the centre, which would be a bad place to raise a family anyway. No schools, playgrounds, parks, GPs, and a ton of pollution. Why would you want to do that to your kids when there is lots of room in the suburbs?
We do need more ordinary housing, but it's not as simple as sticking a block of flats on Hardman Street.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 1, 2019, 06:42:24 pm »
Not a great start to the year for the mayor. Probably needs to take a break from twitter

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 1, 2019, 06:57:44 pm »
Not a great start to the year for the mayor. Probably needs to take a break from twitter
id rather he took a permanent break from his office

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #263 on: January 1, 2019, 07:04:04 pm »

Whats he said now?

It's OK I've seen it now, classless idiot - him not you  :P
« Last Edit: January 1, 2019, 07:28:15 pm by In Seasonal Fowl We Trust »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 1, 2019, 08:52:58 pm »
The Mayor of Potholes must have the police on speed dial by now.

What an embarrassment the old pie-muncher is.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2019, 12:04:39 pm »

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2019, 12:45:03 pm »
Surprised at that as Redrow seem to win well more appeals etc. than they lose. He wants band A/B houses to raise money but I believe we need affordable housing more in this city, but not as much money in that.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2019, 03:42:56 pm »
Surprised at that as Redrow seem to win well more appeals etc. than they lose. He wants band A/B houses to raise money but I believe we need affordable housing more in this city, but not as much money in that.

We need both. Developers often say they will build mixed developments with "affordable housing" alongside the more expensive ones, and then they will find a way to change the plans. Always the lower cost housing that ends up scrapped, weirdly enough.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2019, 04:03:44 pm »

Good news but fear for the meadows now
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:08:24 pm by John C »

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2019, 05:30:16 pm »
Allerton Priory development is going ahead, as I say they win most.
There are LMH flats you access from Acrefield Road in Woolton and it has a really nice grassy area, prime land in the middle of Woolton. have said for years I am surprised it hasn't been flogged/built on.
I also think the field in Woolton sort of diagonally opposite the Derby Arms pub in Woolton was prime to be sold off, the grass is always very long and it doesn't get used. It was the site of the massive bin bag mountain in the 70's when the binmen were on strike and that is the only time it has been used I think.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2019, 05:45:58 pm »
We need both. Developers often say they will build mixed developments with "affordable housing" alongside the more expensive ones, and then they will find a way to change the plans. Always the lower cost housing that ends up scrapped, weirdly enough.
Oh yes I totally agree we need both, think its chippy tits needs reminding. Look at the old Gateacre Comp school development it is massive and apparently all sold (could be > 200 homes), I often wonder who buys them as we are in a recession ? Plenty of council tax though.
I think shared ownership could be better for young people to get a home, the new ones along Wavertree Road seem all sold but not sure exxactly how that works apart from you own say 50% and rent the other 50 and over the years buy more of the hoouse - I think.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2019, 07:13:04 pm »
As little as 2 weeks ago I saw him coming out of the house he's lived in for a while, so for legal reasons this site would ask that people didn't speculate that he is living in different circumstances. Cheers folks.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #275 on: May 3, 2019, 01:30:50 am »
#Sausages

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #276 on: May 3, 2019, 03:28:44 am »
I seen him gettin interviewed today when I was cycling . Two students filming him . It was by that little council estate just off Duke Steet.

Shall we guess what happen's next ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #277 on: May 3, 2019, 03:34:39 am »
Fuckin ell.

Even the townies are gettin turfed out .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 3, 2019, 10:19:36 am »
Means nothing in the grand scheme. He will just spin it as a disgruntled former staffer trying to cause trouble. She was more than happy being part of the mayoral structure when she was in the job.

He still has enough friends in office that it'll come to nothing.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 4, 2019, 01:08:37 pm »
I hope this comes off, Fat Joe is an embarrassment.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/labour-deputy-announces-sudden-plan-16215374

The flaw in the plan is that a mayor serves terms, whereas a council leader can sit virtually indefinitely. Joe could just go back to leading the council like he did before, and he was no more held to account back then than Warren Bradley was before him.

I do agree that the metro mayor post gas made the city mayor post somewhat redundant though.

Popcorn's Art