Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 113835 times)

Offline Nut/ella

• do!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #360 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:29 pm »
We were really robbed. They weren't better than us in the first half. Overall, we were the better team. I was saying to my mate after the first 10 mins, that Dowd is not going to give anything on our favour. Turned out right. Please show me one outside call he gave for us. At least 2, in the entire 90. Robbed really. Don't even have the composure to type all this. They all ca nfuck off. Proud of the performance. Went down fighting.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #361 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »
Next season we must move to a 433 with Carroll up top doing all the dirty work, Suarez on the right, and for the love of god, a MASSIVE UPGRADE is needed over Downing on the left.   Get someone up top that can provide goals and proper service.

Bring back Aqua because we are not in a position to just assume that Hendo and Shelvey will be all grown up over the summer

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:36 pm »
What's the plan off the ball? Really, what is it? We don't seem to fucking have one. We just sit back incredibly deep in our own half and wait for the opposition to make a mistake. No pressing, no shape, nothing.

Shocking season. Fucking shocking.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #363 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:37 pm »
People moaning about the line up need to shut up. We got the back four we wanted. If not Spearing then Shelvey was the only option. He may have done better but we will never know. Carroll was great but pre game most were asking for Bellamy and pace over height.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #364 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:37 pm »
It was in imho. Quite clearly so really. Plenty of goals given with wayyy more doubt that this one.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #365 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »
Even with the best technology, imagine if we had it and the replay showed the ball was 1 millimeter on top of the line....fuck.

I'd be happy if a couple of our players never wore the red jersey again. It speaks volumes of some players that they couldn't get up for a final for most of the game.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »
It was over the line look at the post by cactusman I think and the trajectory clear as day.

Cannot fuckin believe it...I'm fuming and we only woke up when Carroll came on

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:42 pm »
I know this will be shouted down here and won't be popular at all, but I'm pretty disappointed with Kenny today.

No, not for the team selection, I thought that was fine.  I would have preferred to see the one that was leaked first with Carroll, but I was pleased to see him start Bellamy and thought we had a good chance at the beginning of the game.

What I'm disappointed in is the fight the players showed.  Now, you can say that's down to the players and not the manager, but for me one of the primary responsibilities of the manager is to see that the players are up for the game, and change things if they aren't.  He did eventually bring on Carroll, and it changed the game, but the way we were so flat for the first 65 minutes is inexcusable to me.  I never, ever want to see Liverpool players putting on a red shirt who aren't prepared to give everything for the team, and our whole team was lacking in that department in the first half.  Part of that has to fall on Kenny, in my opinion.

I'm not saying I want him to go, because I'm honestly not sure what I think there (it would partly depend on who we would be bringing in behind him - the number of people I'd trust more than Kenny as Liverpool manager is a very small one), but I think he has to be held partly responsible for our woeful showing in that first half.  We did well to make a game of it, but too often this season we've just sort of accepted what the opposition wants to do for the first half or 60 minutes, and that has to change next season.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #368 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:43 pm »
andy will score on tuesday night

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #369 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:50 pm »
Cant argue really. Didn't think we turned up until we were two down.

Just to much averageness in our squad.

I can name five players that I think are good enough to be a regular in a top four side, a couple that could be debated and done.

I've never felt Carroll to be good enough but his cameo was encouraging even if we did just pump it continuously upon his arrival.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline duke8

• Main Stander
Re: Full time - Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool
« Reply #370 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:50 pm »
Think we lost it more than Chelsea winning it. We didn't turn up till an hour into the match. Inexcusable

exactly correct. what was the tactic in the first half?
We lost that when we could have won it if we had played the whole 90.
typical of this season.
frustrated  :butt
'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'  Bill Shankly

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:51 pm »
Where were we the first 60 minutes?

Within thirty yards of our own goal line.  Except for Suarez, who was completely isolated, about forty yards from the nearest Liverpool player and marked by two centre-backs with nothing else to do.  Genius! Top move having Henderson on the right again as well; I mean, he's done so fucking well there in the past hasn't he. 

They were there for the taking.  I just hope that Bayern fucking slaughter the horrible bastards in the Champions League so I can slow-mo replay c*nts like Terry and Drogba crying.   

Well done to the fans yet again.  Not often that all you can hear is the losing side's support at the end of the game.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:55 pm »
Very hard to tell if that ball was over or not. Not sure if the people who are claiming it definitely was would still be saying so if it had happened exactly like that at the other end.

You can't blame the linesman. Though really he shouldn't have to make that decision anyway; GOAL-LINE TECHNOLOGY, SHEESH. How many more big game incidents must there be to make it happen?

(my gut feeling still says it was over though)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:55 pm »
We wanted it to be a goal, but really it wasn't.

If we're not even sure now, then how can the ref make a conclusive decision? In the end ref made the right call, and we didn't get the luck we needed.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:58 pm »

It was in.

Given that that is taken from about 5 degrees and the post is slightly obscuring the view, I would say that is in, but either way it is impossible for the officials to tell :( Gutted.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Our No.9 never dives

• Anny Roader
  • Legend
« Reply #375 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:58 pm »
3 urgent needs for next season

1 new striker
1 wide midfielder
1 midfielder to cover for lucas

Looking at Spearing performance, I think the urgent thing we need is a backup for Lucas.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:09 pm »
How fucking hard is it to have an extra official standing by the goal

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #377 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:10 pm »
Obviously gutted over this. Also gutted that certain players in this squad have failed full stop after all of the chances afforded them. Really thought we would be further along at this point.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:13 pm »
Means fuck all J Mc. We were poor, CFC were shyte but we didn't deserve anything.

Not arguing mate, but that should have been counted.

Only positive to take is we can only move forward from this and hopefully sort ourselves out for next season.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #379 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:21 pm »
Andy Carroll what a player. if he continues that way we have a monster of a player
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #380 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:21 pm »
What the f*** is the point of this debate?

Maybe it went in, maybe it didn't. Doesn't help us now.

We all mock Jose for continuing to be bitter about 2005, but all we should be discussing is our performance generally. Chelsea were better for the first hour, we were MUCH better for the last 30. Shame we couldn't force extra time but we have to learn from this and move on.

A shame for our as ever excellent fans that the players didn't turn up for so long, but we will be back. Need some investment in the summer, and press on for a top 4 spot next year.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #381 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:26 pm »
Also, how big of a joke is it when our 6'4 center forward is a better crosser of the ball than most of our wide players and fullbacks?

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #382 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:40 pm »
Carroll should have started I think. Correct decision given for the goal (or no goal in the end) aswell. Just wasn't our day.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »
I don't think we should get too excited about the last 30 mins, that was clearly Chelsea's season catching up with them. There was a stage after they got their second when we seemed to almost give up and they could have easily got a 3rd.

The main thing we need to focus on is why we were so lethargic and crappy for the first 60 mins.

We came back into it because Carroll came on and did very well. He, along with obvious tiredness from Chelsea, got us back into the match rather than a sudden urgency or change in tactics.

Very dissapointing. On to next season i suppose.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:45 pm »
No justice in football based on this result. Again 2 shots on target and a win, and the less said about their disgusting Hillsborough slurs the better. Hope Bayern fuck them.

AC should have started but all I am annoyed about is CFC, c*nts fir players and c*nts for fans.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #385 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:46 pm »
Hoping Andy takes his form over the last few weeks and really kicks on the start of next season.

Worst 1st half performance I've seen us play in a long time. One of best last 30 mins I've seen us play in a while.

Whether first half performance was down to the formation itself or the players weren't staying in their positions I'm not sure. I'm inclined to believe the former is true though.

Gutted is an understatement but onwards and upwards!

YNWA
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #386 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:48 pm »
 • The ball was over the line.

• Andy Carroll was absolutely immense.

• Jay Spearing is horrific. Lucas cannot get back soon enough.

• Disappointing end to a horrible, horrible season.

• (shut the fuck up about Rafa)
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:51 pm »
Andy Carroll take a bow, travelling fans take a bow, shit for an hour but what a fight back. I still fucking love this club and hope Kenny stays, You'll Never Walk Alone.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:52 pm »
We were really robbed. They weren't better than us in the first half. Overall, we were the better team. I was saying to my mate after the first 10 mins, that Dowd is not going to give anything on our favour. Turned out right. Please show me one outside call he gave for us. At least 2, in the entire 90. Robbed really. Don't even have the composure to type all this. They all ca nfuck off. Proud of the performance. Went down fighting.

We weren't the better team. We did fuck all for 60 minutes and then, surprise surprise, when we actually started trying we looked good.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:53 pm »
Capello said he wants to manage an English club so what about him? Always had a good record. Won't settle for players not giving it their all like Henderson and Downing.

I'm pissed we lost as well, especially to them, but calling for Kenny's head isn't doing any good. Just think for a second.

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #390 on: May 5, 2012, 07:34:53 pm »
We have a massive problem in the middle of the park,midfield is the engine room
we have gone from Alonso Mascherano and Gerrard to Spearing,Henderson and Gerrard.
That is the crux of our problems this season,until we sort out our midfield we will struggle.
Chelsea did not have to play well to beat us we beat ourselves,shit happens.
Can I just say Andy Carroll was immense when he came on this lad deserves our respect.
He was almost unplayable and dragged us back into a game that was passing us by.
Hats off to the big man at least you gave us hope.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #391 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:08 pm »
Enrique should be forbidden to go forward. Its amazing how ineffective he is going forward. The whole freakin season same old.

Poor Jay. I really like him for the reason that he plays with passion and cares for the team but he is so limited and below lifc standard that it makes you wanna cry.

Downing...everyone said it already.

Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Suarez were ok. Bellamy had an off game, it happens.

If Kenny stays for the next season we need to get the right players, it doesnt matter what kind of policy is that it has to be the right player policy.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #392 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »
ShitFuckBollocksWank.

Why the fuck did we only play from the 65 min mark? How can we look like Wolves for an hour and Real Madrid for 25 mins? Why are we so fucking frustrating?

Nobody will ever convince me that Carroll didn't score that one. Why are we still arguing about this in the 21st century when the technology is there?

The opening hour is what will fuck us right off in the days to come.

Great performance from Andy. Wish I could say the same about certain other players.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #393 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:14 pm »
Wasn't a goal for me. Whole balls got to be over the line and seeing as u can't see all of the ball must mean it didn't go in. Surprised the linesman didn't give it though as in that split second it's hard to judge.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:21 pm »
Of course it was in but with english refs you know they will get it wrong right from the beginning.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:22 pm »

Offline Blarf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #396 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:33 pm »
I saw this still on TV and it's misleading, it's paused after it already hits Cech's glove... it was actually about an inch and a half further into the goal.

If we're splitting hairs I could say that when it hit Cech's hand his hand propably moved to the right (in the picture) so when ball hit his hand it was even closer to the goal line.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:38 pm »
Means fuck all J Mc. We were poor, CFC were shyte but we didn't deserve anything.

Yes... we did. At the very least, we deserved a draw - that is clear, 2 goals to CFC (that we gifted them) and 2 goals to LFC.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »
At least we didn't go down without a fight...can't fault the 2nd half perfromance. Carroll was hugely influental in turning the game around. wish he hit that kind of form earlier on in the season.

goals were conceeded too softly in my opinion.Spearing did have a mare, and was rightly subbed. But throught the game the final ball was too often, not quite right.

we can still f*ck up the renties season, when they come up to Anfield on tues. they could be without CL footie next season, hopefully

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:45 pm »
our luck had to run out in a final at some point but i just cant get over how fucking poor we were in the first half, has Enrique ever had such a poor game, if we get that version of Carroll every week i cant wait !!!!! still he should have scored with that header

true lad we haven't had any luck this season, bar the carling cup final maybe. we did give ourselves too much to do, éven for us this time though.
i don't know whether it was over the line, it didn't look it but how fuckin lucky was it that it hit the bar in an angle that it would bounce out the way it did? not lucky at all. we did play horrendous in the first half though.

if we have carroll on that form next season with lucas back, couple additions

mmmmmm