Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
1971. Sounds a bit harsh given the fixture congestion and half decent result

1986 a perfect hat trick too no less

1992. Cracking game that. The last time itv had live.football. Sheffield United lost to Leeds earlier that day meaning united had to beat us. They hit the woodwork three times but we won out. I had a longer post to on this back in day. Must find it

2019. Naby scored straight from tip off. Another great day in that great season

2023. Decent win. Think gakpos goal was from well out. Well taken
The foul given was hilarious too.

Although I think that’s a problem with the refs in general. Players fall down under minimal contact (look at our game against Everton) and the refs are constantly blowing for a foul

Officiating in this country is on its arse.

Hopper was ignoring Klopp on sideline on Wednesday. This arrogance only makes it worse.
General Football and Sport / Re: The NFL Thread
« Last post by Statto Red on Today at 09:13:41 am »
The Penix pick doesn't make any sense, unless they think Cousins isn't going to be around when his contract expires, even then that's 4 years away, but then the Falcons could have waited a couple of years & drafted a QB to be Cousins replacement.
Yes, sharing his opinion on the negotiations before they are over didn't sit well me as well, but I also think this is a typical Dutch honesty which may enter into rudeness territory sometimes. I hope he is a better diplomat with the players though as they would expect that after Klopp. The bare minimum is not to throw them under the bus after a bad performance.

That being said, I like what I hear about him, his career shows that he is punching above the resources at his disposal and we should give him our 100% support.
I think 3 of genuine top quality throughout the different positions would be absolutely fine. Another defender, midfielder and attacker would be brilliant. If we could secure 3 of those then i would deal on that now rather than hope for 5 players.

Yeah, I reckon I would too although I do think two defenders are required - a CB and a LB. But would be happy with just one midfielder and attacker, depending on who leaves.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by eyescream on Today at 09:10:02 am »
Wonder if its any reason to why our form is so bad? players sensing that Klopp is low on energy and not his usual self? Because as someone said above, he has become much more agitated when we've missed chances where as before he'd clap and try encourage for more

I was thinking the same thing watching our last games.  In such moments, some of the players must take responsibility and not appear disinterested or sometimes even scared. It's strange because there are several national captains in the team who should be natural leaders.

Can't say I'm not looking forward to us stop trying to cross in the air against grock teams like Everton, we used to dine out on cut backs.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by Lad on Today at 09:07:28 am »
The anti-Slot brigade on here are making me feel ill. These rants will be getting copied and pasted over every one of our rivals websites. Embarrassing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10