Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1070614 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #8800 on: June 10, 2019, 12:07:37 pm »
I see Rafinha has gone back to Brazil to play for Flamengo. One of those players who has seemingly been around forever

...and who also kept pictures of Rummenige, Beckenbauer and co. in compromising positions for years.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #8801 on: June 11, 2019, 10:14:41 am »
Did Schalke only signed Kenny because he's English and Jadon Sancho?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8802 on: June 12, 2019, 09:29:03 am »
Looks like Isak to Sociedad is about to be done:
https://real-sociedad.diariovasco.com/isak-llega-sansebastian-20190611201751-nt.html

Had an impressive loan spell in Netherlands, wonder why Dortmund were so quick to off him?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8803 on: June 12, 2019, 12:10:30 pm »
Looks like Isak to Sociedad is about to be done:
https://real-sociedad.diariovasco.com/isak-llega-sansebastian-20190611201751-nt.html

Had an impressive loan spell in Netherlands, wonder why Dortmund were so quick to off him?

I think it's just a case of selling while they can get a half decent fee, as they see no future for him at BVB. He had a good loan spell which got teams interested in him, so a good time to sell. 

Seems they see no way he'd break into their first team, Favre certainly had little interest in trying him last season, therefore next season would mean either another loan or a season losing value sat on the sidelines. Dortmund are not shy of wheeling and dealing with transfers that don't work out!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8804 on: June 12, 2019, 12:14:41 pm »
Get another defender in, Dortmund. You're not going to win the title but at least get considerably better at the back.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8805 on: June 12, 2019, 12:45:22 pm »
Get another defender in, Dortmund. You're not going to win the title but at least get considerably better at the back.

Dortmund could sign 20 defenders, and they'd still have a ridiculous defensive injury crisis at some point during the season which would see them playing midfielders at centre half and central defenders at full-back! It's happened every year for 3 seasons, it's become their thing.

Plus they did sign a new full-back. If they can stay fit, they actually have a good defence, but that 'if' is the problem. Would love for them to get a less lunatic goalie than Bürki though.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8806 on: June 12, 2019, 03:45:51 pm »
Ha Burki is a bit of a mad bastard it seems. 

So, it's far too early for this, but I'm bored- any dark horses for next seasons CL spots?  I'm hanging my hat on Werder continuing to improve but think they'd max out in a Europa league spot. Interested to see how Sargent and Ev legend Davvy Klaasen get on again...  I can see Frankfurt regressing a bit, but they might invest the Jovic/Haller leaving too!? funds very well.  Surely someone throw a large bid at them for Gacinovic too?  Let's say newly promoted Koln will be our surprise package and call it a day since that's where my friend lives and I like going their matches. And Koziello, their little French mf, is pint sized quality, reminds me a little of Cazorla at Arsenal (wildly irresponsible comparison).

Lastly, and even more randomly, do Wolfsburg (and Hoffenheim to a lesser extent) ever get the rep in DE of being poorly run?  I know Hoff have fun done very well recently and Wolfsburg were dynamite in the Grafite/Dzeko days, but for two plastic clubs with cash in a league with lots of economically run clubs they tend to muddle or flop, no?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8807 on: June 12, 2019, 03:52:11 pm »
At this point I think it's tough to see any lesser teams challenging Dortmund, Leverkusen or Leipzig for the CL spots. They're strengthening in chunks and providing they don't lose any really important players should be far and away above the rest. Certainly it's difficult to see a team from total left field managing it. Probably say 'Gladbach if Marco Rose is as good as advertised.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8808 on: June 12, 2019, 04:40:02 pm »
Ha Burki is a bit of a mad bastard it seems. 

So, it's far too early for this, but I'm bored- any dark horses for next seasons CL spots?  I'm hanging my hat on Werder continuing to improve but think they'd max out in a Europa league spot. Interested to see how Sargent and Ev legend Davvy Klaasen get on again...  I can see Frankfurt regressing a bit, but they might invest the Jovic/Haller leaving too!? funds very well.  Surely someone throw a large bid at them for Gacinovic too?  Let's say newly promoted Koln will be our surprise package and call it a day since that's where my friend lives and I like going their matches. And Koziello, their little French mf, is pint sized quality, reminds me a little of Cazorla at Arsenal (wildly irresponsible comparison).

Lastly, and even more randomly, do Wolfsburg (and Hoffenheim to a lesser extent) ever get the rep in DE of being poorly run?  I know Hoff have fun done very well recently and Wolfsburg were dynamite in the Grafite/Dzeko days, but for two plastic clubs with cash in a league with lots of economically run clubs they tend to muddle or flop, no?

I'd love for nothing more than Werder to push on, love 'em, 2nd only to Mainz  ;D So long as they don't lose key pieces, they hopefully can challenge for Europa, but I agree, that is probably their level. They have a good young coach in Kohfeldt though. Not sure on dark horses for the CL.  Like Gerry said above - Gladbach worth keeping an eye on, I am very intrigued to see how Marco Rose gets on.  Wolfsburg too made an interesting choice with a new coach in Oliver Glasner, so if they invest well this summer, hopefully they push on a bit too after a good season.

Hoffenehim I actually think are quite well run these days. They never really splash the cash though, I guess it's hard in a way cos despite the backing, they are still a small village team! Not exactly a primo desination for star players. It'll be fun to see how they get on now without Nagelsmann.

Wolfsburg I think suffered a bit cos of VW suffering - may be wrong there. They went from being the big spenders, winning the league, and the Pokal, and playing in the CL, to struggling against relegation.  They sold some very good players, and didn't invest so well after. But last summer I think they finally did a good job with their transfers.

I wouldn't call Wolfsburg plastic though :) They and Bayer Leverkusen are very different to Hoffenheim. They both are more works clubs than manufactured, but that's for another day I guess!

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8809 on: June 12, 2019, 06:26:09 pm »
Cheers Gerry and DN.  Thanks for raising the distinction betwixt those clubs. I went to a Hoffenheim home match sometime back in 09-11, was shocked at how tiny the town was. I was living in the Oberfalz (sp translation error likely) region of Bayern, where big towns were few and far between for real, Hoff felt like home.  I think in the back of my mind I associated Wolfsburg with that experience given the vitriol in my region towards those 2.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8810 on: June 12, 2019, 10:54:23 pm »
Dortmund could sign 20 defenders, and they'd still have a ridiculous defensive injury crisis at some point during the season which would see them playing midfielders at centre half and central defenders at full-back! It's happened every year for 3 seasons, it's become their thing.

Plus they did sign a new full-back. If they can stay fit, they actually have a good defence, but that 'if' is the problem. Would love for them to get a less lunatic goalie than Bürki though.

I don't trust Akanji much yet. Young lad and he will learn though. I want them to sign an experienced guy at the back.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8811 on: June 14, 2019, 09:31:04 pm »
I don't trust Akanji much yet. Young lad and he will learn though. I want them to sign an experienced guy at the back.

I'm a big fan of Akanji   :)

But here is the news you are wating for - Dortmund have approached Bayern Munich, about buying Mats Hummels  :o :o :o

Apparently they are keen to sell, with 2 new central defenders signed for 120 mill this summer, they will be letting someone go. Everyone presumed Boateng, but it seems they are happy to sell Hummels too.  And he is available for 15-20 mill.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8812 on: June 15, 2019, 12:32:00 pm »
What do I know, DN? Ha, what do I know?  ;D

Sky Germany says it should happen. Great news. His reading of the game and playing from the back is still top notch.

From Bayern's academy to Dortmund, back to Bayern and then back to Dortmund. Helluva trip.  ;D

PS: Akanji has made few mistakes but I would put them down to his young age. I like him too. Now next summer, it's time for them to get a new keeper. Just keep getting better.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:36:29 pm by Yiannis »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8813 on: June 15, 2019, 01:51:48 pm »
Hummels going back to BVB is just hilariously nuts  ;D I love it.

He is still a fantastic player though, and would help them massively.

Their fans will have to go through a million emotions while they reconcile the situation! Bayern fans won't like it either.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8814 on: June 15, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »
Hummels going back to BVB is just hilariously nuts  ;D I love it.

He is still a fantastic player though, and would help them massively.

Their fans will have to go through a million emotions while they reconcile the situation! Bayern fans won't like it either.

And Hummels has the sort of stubborn, always right, bit-of-a-prick personality to really make a go of it...

He'll push himself to show Bayern up...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8815 on: June 19, 2019, 02:22:41 pm »
Hummels back to Dortmund.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8816 on: June 19, 2019, 03:05:07 pm »
And Hummels has the sort of stubborn, always right, bit-of-a-prick personality to really make a go of it...

He'll push himself to show Bayern up...

oh definately! The guy is a bit of an arse  ;D 

I kind of wonder how he'll get on with Lucien Favre. Hummels has very interesting relationships with coaches.

Favre is quite low key, and quiet.

Hummels did not get on with Tuchel, it was a big reason of why he left.

I dont believe he's a fan of Niko Kovac either, and had some issues there too! May well be a part of why he wants out of Bayern too.

With Kloppo, who he is still friends with, and the only coach he has an enduring relationship with, they used to argue a lot, but such is the strength of personality, of both men, they could do this. I am not sure many coaches can though.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8817 on: June 19, 2019, 03:23:35 pm »
Tuchel is a bit of a arse himself, no? Maybe a more reserved figure like Favre will be able to get along with him.

I'm already quite hyped for the Bundesliga next season, so much interesting business done early, new coaches like Nagelsmann, Rose, Wagner etc.
Going to be awesome.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8818 on: June 19, 2019, 03:34:23 pm »
Tuchel is a bit of a arse himself, no? Maybe a more reserved figure like Favre will be able to get along with him.

I'm already quite hyped for the Bundesliga next season, so much interesting business done early, new coaches like Nagelsmann, Rose, Wagner etc.
Going to be awesome.

Oh he is! I meant more that Hummels is a really strong willed guy, and isn't afraid of fronting to anyone and speaking his mind - a bit too much at times. Tuchel is just a dick really.

Yep, I look forward to seeing how it all pans out, a lot of interesting coaching and player moves so far.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #8819 on: June 27, 2019, 09:30:39 am »
Looks like Breel Embolo will be joining Gladbach by the weekend at a financial loss for Schalke

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8820 on: June 27, 2019, 11:40:49 am »
Looks like Breel Embolo will be joining Gladbach by the weekend at a financial loss for Schalke

Hope things go well for him there, he's got a good coach to work under for sure. He looked a talent, but bad injuries really affected him, as I am sure did being stuck on a very defensive struggling team like Schalke last year!

Schalke though seem to be close to signing Ozan Kabak from Stuttgart, which is quite the coup for them if they pull this off. He was available for just 15 mill buyout, and seemed to be set on Bayern. But it looks like the lad may have seen sense and is going to Schalke where he should get to play a lot!

David Wagner and new sporting director Jochen Schneider being introducted to the media today in Gelsenkirchen.  A new era for Schalke, I actually hope it goes really well for them. A massive, fantastically supported club, be good for them and their rivalry with BVB if they can get their stuff together!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #8821 on: June 27, 2019, 12:12:29 pm »
Hummels is going back to Dortmund isn't he.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8822 on: June 27, 2019, 12:18:20 pm »
Hummels is going back to Dortmund isn't he.

Already confirmed.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8823 on: June 28, 2019, 02:19:14 pm »
And now it's 100% official, medical passed, and the obligatory photo posed for :D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #8824 on: June 28, 2019, 03:57:27 pm »
Hope things go well for him there, he's got a good coach to work under for sure. He looked a talent, but bad injuries really affected him, as I am sure did being stuck on a very defensive struggling team like Schalke last year!

Only €10m up front. Failed to light it up at Schalke after being seen as a coup for them to sign him in the first place

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8825 on: June 28, 2019, 04:00:52 pm »
Bayern have Ribery, Robben, Rafinha and Hummels to replace in their squad

Pavard and Lucas Hernandez the only ones confirmed so far which were done some time ago.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8826 on: June 28, 2019, 04:20:45 pm »
Bayern have Ribery, Robben, Rafinha and Hummels to replace in their squad

Pavard and Lucas Hernandez the only ones confirmed so far which were done some time ago.

They have 4 first team central defenders as of now if Boateng stays, and Javi Matinez who's played a lot there. But it looks like they want to sign a young central defener too, Kabak from Stuttgart being the one they where after.  With fullbacks, they see Pavard and Hernandez being able to cover there too.

They are clearly willing to spend big this summer, the biggest fee may end up being for a winger. Who that will be, who knows!

Only €10m up front. Failed to light it up at Schalke after being seen as a coup for them to sign him in the first place

Could work out really well for them. Gladbach look quite well set to play some fun football next season!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #8827 on: June 28, 2019, 04:23:31 pm »
They are clearly willing to spend big this summer, the biggest fee may end up being for a winger. Who that will be, who knows!

I see it like this. Gnabry /Coman replaces one of Robben and Ribery. They spend big on another winger. They wait for Timo Werner to be available on a free next summer to act as a wide forward

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8828 on: June 28, 2019, 04:25:36 pm »
I see it like this. Gnabry /Coman replaces one of Robben and Ribery. They spend big on another winger. They wait for Timo Werner to be available on a free next summer to act as a wide forward

I agree! I wonder who they end up signing. They tried for Sane, but he doesn't want to go there. Dembele's name has been mentioned, so has Pepe.

It's a shame Werner is so one sighted with his choice of team, so they end up getting another sodding freebie  ::)  Looks like they'll get Nübel on a free from Schalke next summer too.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #8829 on: June 29, 2019, 12:51:47 pm »
Dortmunds Zorc highlighting their domestic games after CL games are all away from home whilst all title rivals Bayens games after their CL games are at home.

Fair grievance I'd say..

https://www.kicker.de/752294/artikel
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8830 on: June 29, 2019, 07:41:35 pm »
Dortmunds Zorc highlighting their domestic games after CL games are all away from home whilst all title rivals Bayens games after their CL games are at home.

Fair grievance I'd say..

https://www.kicker.de/752294/artikel

It is shit, and especially as two of those away games are vs Bayern and the Revierderby vs Schalke.

But it should be pointed out, that last year, it was almost as bad in Dortmunds favour. Not this bad, but they did have a lot of home games after CL, and Bayern had more away games.

Still, it's very remiss of the league to not consider the advantage and dissadvantage of this for teams.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8831 on: June 29, 2019, 09:31:45 pm »
I didn't realise Leipzig sold Bruma to PSV. That's no fun.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8832 on: June 29, 2019, 10:11:55 pm »
I didn't realise Leipzig sold Bruma to PSV. That's no fun.

Already confirmed.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8833 on: June 29, 2019, 10:14:20 pm »
Already confirmed.

Hence the use of the word 'sold'  ;)

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8834 on: July 1, 2019, 08:59:17 am »
Any idea how close to games the KO time and date are confirmed? Trying to organise a trip to a Dortmund game this August.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8835 on: July 1, 2019, 11:30:21 am »
No idea but just letting you know that if you want to see them at home there is really only one fixture available and that's the opener. https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Fixtures#list

Hope they soon do cause understandably you wanna book everything that comes with travelling abroad. If only they had confirmed the date by now, it would have been great for you.

PS: 31st of August in Berlin, against Union, is interesting if you plan to travel there around that date.

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8836 on: July 1, 2019, 01:00:13 pm »
Cheers will have to be the opener so.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #8837 on: July 4, 2019, 06:08:50 pm »
Interesting that Robben has opted to retire

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8838 on: July 4, 2019, 06:44:48 pm »
Interesting that Robben has opted to retire

Maybe a wise choice though considering the injury troubles he's had. He's had so many injures in his career, the amounts of games he missed at Bayern over the years was significant.

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8839 on: July 4, 2019, 08:10:43 pm »
Has anyone ever bought tickets for Bayern? I’m looking at the opening game of the season. The website says ticket application but then goes to like a cart. Does this mean you get or ticket or is it like a ballot?