Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1070699 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #8600 on: May 13, 2019, 02:55:40 am »
Would love Union to go up (they've been unfortunate not to recently), alas I think it will be Paderborn. I thought HSV might have difficulties coming straight back up, but this was in their hands and blew up in their face

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8601 on: May 13, 2019, 12:06:16 pm »
And according to German journalist Rafael Honigstein, writing for ESPN, “sources close to the decision-makers at Leverkusen see Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool as the most likely contenders.”

However, he adds that there is “genuine hope” Brandt will stay, which is likely fuelled by the player’s own assertion that “as things stand, I’m staying put.”

Seemingly going back in for him, would be a bargain if we get him for the quoted price.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8602 on: May 13, 2019, 12:08:51 pm »
And according to German journalist Rafael Honigstein, writing for ESPN, “sources close to the decision-makers at Leverkusen see Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool as the most likely contenders.”

However, he adds that there is “genuine hope” Brandt will stay, which is likely fuelled by the player’s own assertion that “as things stand, I’m staying put.”

Seemingly going back in for him, would be a bargain if we get him for the quoted price.

I reckon if they make CL, he'll stay, he genuinely seems very attached to the club, which is good for him  8) So we'll see next weekend how the results go! 

But yeah, I'd hope we are interested in him if he does decide to leave. An absolute no brainer at that price. A lot of teams will think the same.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8603 on: May 14, 2019, 11:53:51 am »
Niko Schulz is joining Borussia Dortmund from Hoffenheim, 4 year deal, fee of €25 mill.   I guess that's their left back problem sorted then!

Thorgan Hazard is signing for them too this summer, to replace Pulisic, according to Kicker, not that this is news, but there had been suggestion that it may not happen till the season after when his contract was up. But they will pay up now, fee is less than €30 mill.

Good deals I think, signing both of them for less than they sold Pulisic, should make them a stronger team.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8604 on: May 14, 2019, 12:00:40 pm »
Left backs are usually cheap, so 25m is probably a tad steep but he's good so it doesn't matter and Hazard for less than 30m is daylight robbery.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8605 on: May 14, 2019, 12:10:27 pm »
Left backs are usually cheap, so 25m is probably a tad steep but he's good so it doesn't matter and Hazard for less than 30m is daylight robbery.

I think with Schulz, its maybe worth it, he's probably the best left back / wing back in the league, German international, absolute speedster too, and the problems they have had in that position this season has been quite ridiculous! And left-back often seems to be a problem position for teams, or is that just me who thinks that? They had Schemelzer for years which served them well, but injuries have caught up, and he's nowhere near the player he was.

Agree on Hazard.  Already a really good player with plenty of good seasons behind him, but just at the age now he should be hitting his peak.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8606 on: May 16, 2019, 06:20:41 pm »
Luka Jovic 60 mill transfer to Real Madrid seems pretty much done now, all the major media sources now reporting it'll get announced after Frankfurt's last game of the season.

In other transfer news, Hoffenheim have signed Ihlas Bebou from Hannover 96. They are triggering his buy out which is around 10 mill Euros. Hoffenheim have already signed Kostas Stafylidis from Augsburg.

And transfer news from a couple days ago also involving Hoffenheim, Kerem Demirbay has signed for Bayer 04 Leverkusen, fee of around 25 mill.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8607 on: May 17, 2019, 05:41:04 am »
Luka Jovic 60 mill transfer to Real Madrid seems pretty much done now, all the major media sources now reporting it'll get announced after Frankfurt's last game of the season.

In other transfer news, Hoffenheim have signed Ihlas Bebou from Hannover 96. They are triggering his buy out which is around 10 mill Euros. Hoffenheim have already signed Kostas Stafylidis from Augsburg.

And transfer news from a couple days ago also involving Hoffenheim, Kerem Demirbay has signed for Bayer 04 Leverkusen, fee of around 25 mill.
Demirbay to replace anybody or just add more depth. Brandt I can see staying but is Havertz leaving no matter what this offseason?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8608 on: May 17, 2019, 11:46:32 am »
Demirbay to replace anybody or just add more depth. Brandt I can see staying but is Havertz leaving no matter what this offseason?

A bit of both I suspect!

There has been some talk that Charles Aranguiz may leave sooner rather than later too, as at some point he wants to go home, and his contract is up next season. And they are rather thin on the ground in the centre mid poisition. They have plenty of more defensive midfielders, but only really Havertz and Aranguiz who play further forward.

Edited to add, some other transfer news, Eintracht Frankfurt have taken up the option to buy Filip Kostic from HSV, and he's signed a 4 year deal, fee of around 6 mill euros.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:55:17 am by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #8609 on: May 17, 2019, 12:28:48 pm »

Well that will end the regular links between us and Demirbay. Love how quickly the German clubs move in the window. Most of the deals done before preseason training starts

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8610 on: May 17, 2019, 07:18:30 pm »
Well that will end the regular links between us and Demirbay. Love how quickly the German clubs move in the window. Most of the deals done before preseason training starts

Most of this is due to the German teams not feeling it's an insult to sell your player to another competing German team sans maybe Dortmund to Bayern.   

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8611 on: May 17, 2019, 07:33:39 pm »

Yeah! By the time the transfer forum is up and running, there will be about 50 Bundesliga deals already done and dusted  :D

I think part of it is that with inter-league transfers, it's much easier there, as a lot of players have relatively reasonable buy out clauses, so once its triggered, it's an easy enough process. Also in Germany, they don't mind announcing stuff early, and most fans dont get overly offended if they know a player is leaving. Plus a lot of teams tend to go for signing younger players from Buli 2 or from 'lesser' European leagues, so there isn't too much wheeling and dealing involved.

And one player who is leaving this summer is Max Kruse. He has informed Werder that he's going to seek a new challenge, so the weekend game will be his last for them. He'll make a very nice signing for someone!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8612 on: May 17, 2019, 08:03:04 pm »
Yeah! By the time the transfer forum is up and running, there will be about 50 Bundesliga deals already done and dusted  :D

I think part of it is that with inter-league transfers, it's much easier there, as a lot of players have relatively reasonable buy out clauses, so once its triggered, it's an easy enough process. Also in Germany, they don't mind announcing stuff early, and most fans dont get overly offended if they know a player is leaving. Plus a lot of teams tend to go for signing younger players from Buli 2 or from 'lesser' European leagues, so there isn't too much wheeling and dealing involved.

And one player who is leaving this summer is Max Kruse. He has informed Werder that he's going to seek a new challenge, so the weekend game will be his last for them. He'll make a very nice signing for someone!

Is he bringing both his bellies with him when he moves clubs?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8613 on: May 17, 2019, 08:25:19 pm »
A bit of both I suspect!

There has been some talk that Charles Aranguiz may leave sooner rather than later too, as at some point he wants to go home, and his contract is up next season. And they are rather thin on the ground in the centre mid poisition. They have plenty of more defensive midfielders, but only really Havertz and Aranguiz who play further forward.

Edited to add, some other transfer news, Eintracht Frankfurt have taken up the option to buy Filip Kostic from HSV, and he's signed a 4 year deal, fee of around 6 mill euros.
Thanks.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8614 on: May 18, 2019, 01:35:08 pm »
And it has come to this! The final day.

Bayern need a draw vs Frankfurt to win the league. Dortmund need to hope that Frankfurt's quest for CL football pushes them to that win vs Bayern, and then Dortmund have to beat Gladbach. And Gladbach too are hunting that last CL place.

Bayer Leverkusen will hope Dortmund do them a favour though, as they too are hunting that CL place!

Wolfsburg will be hoping Bayern win, as if they do, Wolfsburg can qualify for the Europa, in fact, there is still a very small possibility Wolfsburg can finish 4th, which si quite mad! Hoffenheim still have a small change too at qualifying for Europe as well.

Fixtures:
Hertha BSC vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund
Fortuna Düsseldorf vs Hannover 96
SC Freiburg vs Nürnberg
Mainz 05 vs Hoffenheim
Werder Bremen vs RB Leipzig
Schalke 04 vs Stuttgart
Wolfsburg vs Augsburg
Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8615 on: May 18, 2019, 01:57:10 pm »
It's really disappointing to see no game on BT today with it being the last game.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8616 on: May 18, 2019, 02:05:41 pm »
It's really disappointing to see no game on BT today with it being thehttps://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0 last game.  :(

wow, thats a bit rubbish, they show it all season only to not show one on the last day?!

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #8617 on: May 18, 2019, 02:07:32 pm »
It's really disappointing to see no game on BT today with it being the last game.  :(

That's because BT are gargantuan tossers.

Or absolute wankers.

Can't remember which.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8618 on: May 18, 2019, 02:25:17 pm »

Isn’t that because of the blackout ban? Tv companies aren’t allowed to show any live football on tv between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday or something like that.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8619 on: May 18, 2019, 02:27:43 pm »
Isn’t that because of the blackout ban? Tv companies aren’t allowed to show any live football on tv between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday or something like that.

they are streaming them though on the 'extra' channels apparently, and on the 'red button',

Offline nellpatel

• Main Stander
« Reply #8620 on: May 18, 2019, 02:34:48 pm »
The Bayern and Dortmund games are on BT Sport Extra, press the red button on bt sport 3. Coman just scored for Bayern.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8621 on: May 18, 2019, 02:41:40 pm »
they are streaming them though on the 'extra' channels apparently, and on the 'red button',

Thanks following the Dortmund-Gladbach game now.  :wave

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8622 on: May 18, 2019, 02:43:47 pm »
Thanks following the Dortmund-Gladbach game now.  :wave

excellent!

Gladbach looking pretty good so far. They are also wearing their new shirts, which are quite something!

If Bayern are going to win, as it seems they are, I kinda want Gladbach to win this one, be nice to have them in the CL next season. A proper club!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8623 on: May 18, 2019, 02:46:05 pm »
excellent!

Gladbach looking pretty good so far. They are also wearing their new shirts, which are quite something!

If Bayern are going to win, as it seems they are, I kinda want Gladbach to win this one, be nice to have them in the CL next season. A proper club!
Hello, old friend  ;)

Just turned this on. Stuck between Fox stream or Arabic.

Anyone got anything slightly better?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8624 on: May 18, 2019, 02:47:50 pm »
Gladbach have already hit the bar and look dangerous when they're attacking, winning a lot of the second balls too. Dortmund still looking shaky at the back. Got the marks of a good game.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8625 on: May 18, 2019, 02:51:22 pm »
gladbach have not won at home since end of January. What a starnge season they had, they where unbeatable at home for ages, then this slump!

Hello, old friend  ;)

Just turned this on. Stuck between Fox stream or Arabic.

Anyone got anything slightly better?

:wave

There are some here, not tried any though!

https://www.reddit.com/r/redditsoccercity/comments/bq314u/1330_gmt_borussia_mgladbach_vs_borussia_dortmund/

Click on 'view entire discussion' to see the list, but you probably knew that!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8626 on: May 18, 2019, 02:54:57 pm »
Gladbach almost found an opening there, came from a bit of a Dortmund defensive howler again. The wings of Gladbach having a good time at the moment.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8627 on: May 18, 2019, 02:56:52 pm »
Gladbach almost found an opening there, came from a bit of a Dortmund defensive howler again. The wings of Gladbach having a good time at the moment.

they are looking really good, playing well. Dortmund are a bit nervous again, but Gladbach seem to be playing quite freely at the moment.

Wolfsburg have taken the lead, as results stand, Frankfurt may not even make Europe next season!

Offline nellpatel

• Main Stander
« Reply #8628 on: May 18, 2019, 02:59:55 pm »
Bayern just had second goal ruled out by VAR. Frankfurt hanging on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8629 on: May 18, 2019, 03:00:40 pm »
they are looking really good, playing well. Dortmund are a bit nervous again, but Gladbach seem to be playing quite freely at the moment.

Wolfsburg have taken the lead, as results stand, Frankfurt may not even make Europe next season!

Dortmund have suddenly upped the pace they have looked less sharpe so far. But Gladbach still looking dangerous on the break.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8630 on: May 18, 2019, 03:02:13 pm »
Leverkusen in the lead now, so as things stand, they are up to 4th. kai Havertz with the goal, the kid is an absolute phenomenon.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8631 on: May 18, 2019, 03:06:32 pm »
Leverkusen in the lead now, so as things stand, they are up to 4th. kai Havertz with the goal, the kid is an absolute phenomenon.

Hadn't realised BMG are their coach are parting, any hint of who is replacing Hecking?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8632 on: May 18, 2019, 03:08:52 pm »
Hadn't realised BMG are their coach are parting, any hint of who is replacing Hecking?

Marco Rose.  Currently Red Bull Salzburg coach, and was a long time player at Mainz  8)

Hertha have equalised now, so Gladbach still in 4th as of now! Frankfurt are out of Europe though as it stands, (Bayer are back in the lead). Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg both winning.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:11:06 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #8633 on: May 18, 2019, 03:12:39 pm »
The referee in this Gladbach match has been brilliant, sincerely. We'll never see the likes of this level in the Premier League until they admit that they have a problem, which they won't do.
It's very frustrating.

This Traore looks exceptional.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8634 on: May 18, 2019, 03:15:07 pm »
The referee in this Gladbach match has been brilliant, sincerely. We'll never see the likes of this level in the Premier League until they admit that they have a problem, which they won't do.
It's very frustrating.

This Traore looks exceptional.

Manuel Gräfe I think it is, he's a very good referee usually, always calm and doesn't really go card crazy IF he can help it, referees with a smile on his face too! Seems to enjoy it out there. Bundesliga have a very decent group of referees.

ohhhh Jadon Sancho scores!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8635 on: May 18, 2019, 03:15:50 pm »
Oh BMG.  :(

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #8636 on: May 18, 2019, 03:15:56 pm »
Ball was out wasn’t it?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #8637 on: May 18, 2019, 03:16:10 pm »
Manuel Gräfe I think it is, he's a very good referee usually, always calm and doesn't really go card crazy IF he can help it, referees with a smile on his face too! Seems to enjoy it out there. Bundesliga have a very decent group of referees.

ohhhh Jadon Sancho scores!!

I think VAR is going to bring that back  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8638 on: May 18, 2019, 03:17:31 pm »
That does look out in that angle.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan