Author Topic: Eddie Howe  (Read 84928 times)

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Eddie Howe and AFC Bournemouth - Welcome to the Premier League
« Reply #400 on: March 2, 2019, 10:17:14 pm »
At least they actually tried to score whatever you want to term it as. I'll take that over watching the cowardly style you favour.
That cowardly style has them having scored 13 more goals and acquiring 3 more points than Newcastle...

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: March 2, 2019, 10:19:16 pm »
Bournemouth are not Newcastle or even Leicester who get crowds of 50,000 and 30,000.

They are a small club who are performing wonders by staying in the PL and most weeks playing decent attacking football.

Their ground holds 11,329 max.

Today they were badly hit by injuries and Howe tried to do what Rafa did and survive 70 minutes then have a go at them.

They lost 0-1 to a very expensive squad backed by a middle eastern country. Not by a millionaire but a fuckin country.

Get real. They will never be able to compete with City but maybe with a full squad we will see them have a go at them. Cut them a bit of slack today, much as we wanted to see an upset.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: March 2, 2019, 10:22:25 pm »
Bournemouth are not Newcastle or even Leicester who get crowds of 50,000 and 30,000.

They are a small club who are performing wonders by staying in the PL and most weeks playing decent attacking football.

Today they were badly hit by injuries and Howe tried to do what Rafa did and survive 70 minutes then have a go at them.

They lost 0-1 to a very expensive squad backed by a middle eastern country. Not by a millionaire but a fuckin country.

Get real. They will never be able to compete with City but maybe with a full squad we will see them have a go at them. Cut them a bit of slack today, much as we wanted to see an upset.

Total nonsense this, they've outspent Newcastle by a lot in the last 8 months or so. Let's not make out they are some paupers who haven't spent a penny since they came up.

And Howe didn't do that as the circumstances were basically exactly the same, a goal down, one team decided to have a go, one cowardly sat back and made no effort whatsoever to even cross the half way line.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: March 2, 2019, 10:23:25 pm »
That cowardly style has them having scored 13 more goals and acquiring 3 more points than Newcastle...

;D ;D 3 points above a team they've outspent and been in the league longer than. Sorry, is that meant to be a good thing or?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #404 on: March 2, 2019, 10:24:51 pm »
They didn’t have a go after 70 minutes though. They tried to lose by a small margin.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 2, 2019, 10:26:10 pm »
;D ;D 3 points above a team they've outspent and been in the league longer than. Sorry, is that meant to be a good thing or?
Yeah, let's pretend Newcastle are underdogs compared to Bournemouth...

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: March 2, 2019, 10:29:19 pm »
Yeah, let's pretend Newcastle are underdogs compared to Bournemouth...

Bournemouth spend more on transfers and wages so yeah, they are.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #407 on: March 2, 2019, 11:25:43 pm »
Total nonsense this, they've outspent Newcastle by a lot in the last 8 months or so. Let's not make out they are some paupers who haven't spent a penny since they came up.

And Howe didn't do that as the circumstances were basically exactly the same, a goal down, one team decided to have a go, one cowardly sat back and made no effort whatsoever to even cross the half way line.

Can you not read properly?  Where did I say they hadn't spent money.

Every team has outspent Newcastle except maybe Spurs who are building and paying for a new stadium.
I said they are doing wonders staying in the PL by playing attractive football each season. They don't defend in depth normally but if you are aware of their injuries maybe you should cut them some slack.

Howe did make changes after 75 minutes and they went forward more than at any time during the match if you watched it. Not with any success as Ibe and Mousset who were brought on lost the ball each time and were poor.

Have a go at bus parking teams by all means but Bournemouth are not normally one of them. I doubt you will see them do this very often but I suspect your anger is more because you wanted City to drop points.

I did, but I could see they didn't have the ammo today.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: March 2, 2019, 11:28:51 pm »
I like Bournemouth in general, but their attempt at football today was laughable.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #409 on: March 2, 2019, 11:33:51 pm »
Is their coach overrated? Or does he just have very little to work with?
If they got a 0-0 and still had 0 shots would your question remain?

I think he’s done a remarkable job there and hope he gets an opportunity at a bigger cub in the near future. Just because they couldn’t do us a favour today doesn’t mean his reputation is tainted in any way shape or form. He’s turned Bournemouth into a solid top 12 PL side without the services of his no.1 striker for the majority of the last few seasons.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: March 3, 2019, 07:13:59 am »
He's not overrated or underrated. He's just fairlyrated. I get the frustration from some of our fans, but i don't want them to fuck off. They worked hard to be in this league, and they are here by merits. And their fans or their manager haven't done anything to hate them. I don't know their record against top6, probably is bad, but they play decent football against the others.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 3, 2019, 07:28:09 am »

Don't think they deserve criticism for losing to City, they have been in some poor form lately though.

Also for all the gushing over their team. Bournemouth has spent far more on their squad than Newcastle in the past 3-4 seasons. I think Howe is a decent coach, but their transfers have been very poorly planned(Even though it been to our benefit often). Howe is a good coach, but the narrative of Bournemouth being a plucky underdog that is punching above its weight in PL is probably not correct.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: March 3, 2019, 07:29:25 am »
He's not overrated or underrated. He's just fairlyrated. I get the frustration from some of our fans, but i don't want them to fuck off. They worked hard to be in this league, and they are here by merits. And their fans or their manager haven't done anything to hate them. I don't know their record against top6, probably is bad, but they play decent football against the others.

I agree with this sentiment. Much prefer Bournemouth or Southampton to Burnley or Cardiff.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #413 on: March 3, 2019, 07:30:28 am »
A while back I thought that Howe would probably be destined for greater things, but I now think that Bournemouth is his true level. He can't organize a defense to save his life and for that no top club will touch him. That performance yesterday was a disgrace and their fans should be refunded.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 3, 2019, 08:26:11 am »
Colin Wanker esque griping in this thread. The league will not be won or lost on how Bournemouth's tactics against Man City panned out.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: March 6, 2019, 07:10:08 pm »
I see Eddie Howe has been given the freedom of the city of Bournemouth.

A bit like Man City last weekend then.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #416 on: March 6, 2019, 08:31:50 pm »
I see Eddie Howe has been given the freedom of the city of Bournemouth.

A bit like Man City last weekend then.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #417 on: March 7, 2019, 02:16:42 am »
Bournemouth try to play footy against us, get shanked 4-0

Bournemouth try another tactic against the other best side in the country, lose 1-0

RAWK posters lose their mind.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: March 7, 2019, 04:58:12 am »
How can anyone have a bad word to say about Bournemouth after they paid £40m for 3 reserve players.

They should be our second team. Knowing them they might take both Lallana and Sturridge off our hands in the summer. Maybe throw in Origi for the hat trick

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #419 on: March 7, 2019, 08:24:50 am »
How can anyone have a bad word to say about Bournemouth after they paid £40m for 3 reserve players.

They should be our second team. Knowing them they might take both Lallana and Sturridge off our hands in the summer. Maybe throw in Origi for the hat trick

Isn’t Lallana actually a Bournemouth lad? I reckon that move actually has legs you know!

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #420 on: March 9, 2019, 06:01:25 pm »
Isn’t Lallana actually a Bournemouth lad? I reckon that move actually has legs you know!

Yeah.  Born and bred I believe. 
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #421 on: March 9, 2019, 06:10:29 pm »
Tried to actually score a goal today and they won. Who knew!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: March 9, 2019, 06:31:44 pm »
Tried to actually score a goal today and they won. Who knew!

Come on now, you're better than that. Wilson back and heavily involved in both goals, coincidence.....

Also against bottom of the league Huddersfield slightly different to top of the league City

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: March 10, 2019, 04:45:55 pm »
Yeah.  Born and bred I believe. 

Born in St Albans I think, but certainly was raised near Bournemouth and started his youth career there before switching to Southampton. He spent some time there on loan and I'm pretty sure Bournemouth got a decent wedge when we bought him.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #424 on: May 19, 2019, 06:22:47 pm »
Signed Lloyd Kelly for £13m. They view him as a left-sided CB rather than a LB apparently

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/kelly-signs-for-cherries

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #425 on: May 19, 2019, 09:56:11 pm »
decent buy  that , he is a tidy player, very composed for a young  lad. i love what Howe does with this lot.  Incremental steps but they are there with a young but experienced team.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2019, 10:51:06 am »
https://youtu.be/OmqoPhdTYZk

Interesting insight to training and a guest appearance from sir Kenny right at the end
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:15:07 pm by dudleyred »

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: July 18, 2019, 06:19:57 pm »
Great insight.  Thanks for the link.  Interesting Eddie knew Kenny was going there for golf ;D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #428 on: July 18, 2019, 07:35:14 pm »
https://youtu.be/OmqoPhdTYZk

Interesting insight to training and a guest appearance from sir Kenny right at the end

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I love it

If Eddie Howe, working in the Premier League, is having to tell Premier League players to stop running in straight lines and start moving at angles to create overlaps and combinations, then he's only saying what coaches and managers up and down the country and across the continents are telling their young players every single session, too.

Good to see the top end has the same issues as everyone else ;D

Have to say, his on-field coaching presence is top notch, Howe. If he moves to a big club, he won't have any problems getting his message across.

Edit: just to add something - Howe mentions "Body shape to receive" later in the clip. This is something I've mentioned numerous times when talking about what certain players should or shouldn't have done, in post match threads. It's so fundamental to both technique and tactics. Even at the top level, players forget their body shape, and it's good to see that Premier League players also need to be reminded of it in training.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:42:20 pm by PhaseOfPlay »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: July 18, 2019, 07:58:18 pm »
I was watching that as well [its interesting when the Reds are winning Big Ole Ears, I can watch Bournamouth train xD], and there was a part where he was heavily criticizing  their 3 v 2s and how poor they were in everything

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2019, 08:03:24 pm »
Sir Kenny looked like he was enjoying La Manga! Biggest shock of the video being he said he wasn’t playing golf!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2019, 09:19:04 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I love it

If Eddie Howe, working in the Premier League, is having to tell Premier League players to stop running in straight lines and start moving at angles to create overlaps and combinations, then he's only saying what coaches and managers up and down the country and across the continents are telling their young players every single session, too.

Good to see the top end has the same issues as everyone else ;D

Have to say, his on-field coaching presence is top notch, Howe. If he moves to a big club, he won't have any problems getting his message across.

Edit: just to add something - Howe mentions "Body shape to receive" later in the clip. This is something I've mentioned numerous times when talking about what certain players should or shouldn't have done, in post match threads. It's so fundamental to both technique and tactics. Even at the top level, players forget their body shape, and it's good to see that Premier League players also need to be reminded of it in training.

Constant commentary was a negative for me.

Agreed with the points, especially body shape as you mentioned, and assume the positive comments were legitimate ones, but non-stop running comments keep the focus on him.

Given that it's pre-season and coaches are amped to get things moving and cover as much as possible, his over-commentary is slightly understandable, but less is more if you want to create that players that think for themselves, rather than listen closely while you orate.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2019, 11:59:09 pm »
I don't know.  The man seemingly can't or won't pick PL level defenders and has lucked out in that there were even worse teams in the league.  They're defense continues to be atrocious and they will probably be relegation candidates again.  Why would anyone think that would change if he moved to Spurs or the like?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: July 19, 2019, 12:01:28 am »

Footballers wanting to take things to the next level need to be mindful of their arse.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #434 on: July 19, 2019, 02:18:17 am »
I don't know.  The man seemingly can't or won't pick PL level defenders and has lucked out in that there were even worse teams in the league.  They're defense continues to be atrocious and they will probably be relegation candidates again.  Why would anyone think that would change if he moved to Spurs or the like?

Because he'd have access to better defenders who know their jobs well. It's what Rodgers needs as well, for comparison. Can Howe spot a defender? Doesn't look like it, so he'd probably have to walk into a functioning defence and then keep it together as long as he could. But I'm not sure defensive coaching is something he has an affinity for, judging by the drill in that clip.

You're right that his defences have been atrocious, but fortunately for him, his attack has been more than reasonable, and goals are what take you up the table, with rare exception.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 02:21:20 am by PhaseOfPlay »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: September 15, 2019, 04:33:54 pm »
Get in lads ;D

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: September 21, 2019, 04:37:03 am »
Ibe and Brad Smith were disastrous signings but Solanke can and will I think come good. He's looking very comfortable in Eddie Howe's English lunch special; 4-4-2, big little up top

Ryan Fraser signing on a free for someone in January?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: September 21, 2019, 06:56:36 am »
Solanke needs to start getting his goals though. I think if he gets a couple, it will do miracles to his confidence.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: September 21, 2019, 06:56:57 am »
Ibe and Brad Smith were disastrous signings but Solanke can and will I think come good. He's looking very comfortable in Eddie Howe's English lunch special; 4-4-2, big little up top

Ryan Fraser signing on a free for someone in January?

There were rumours that Arsenal want him during the summer,don't know how reliable that was but for no transfer fee there will surely be a lot of takers for Fraser if it comes to that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:59:32 am by Tobelius »

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: November 2, 2019, 02:52:43 pm »
Everton and Manure beaten this season.  Up to 6th.  Well done Eddie lad.