Author Topic: Any jobs going?  (Read 2334 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Any jobs going?
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:25:02 pm »
Getting made redundant at Christmas after 21 years as a storeman in an engineering firm. I have got reach and counter balance fork lift truck licences and full, clean U.K driving licence. Apart from a little spell in the late 80's, this will be my first spell of "signing on" since leaving school in 1986.

If any of you lovely people hear of ANY jobs going in the Merseyside/North West area, (I will consider anything) give us a shout on here please.

Cheers, Chris.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Any jobs going?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 06:36:15 pm »
Good luck mate, hope you find something soon.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 07:49:54 pm »
Getting made redundant at Christmas after 21 years as a storeman in an engineering firm. I have got reach and counter balance fork lift truck licences and full, clean U.K driving licence. Apart from a little spell in the late 80's, this will be my first spell of "signing on" since leaving school in 1986.

If any of you lovely people hear of ANY jobs going in the Merseyside/North West area, (I will consider anything) give us a shout on here please.

Cheers, Chris.

Sorry to hear that. Have you got a CV? If no, get one, then put it on various recruitment banks like CV library, Jobsite and Total Jobs.  If you want to send me your CV I can take a look.  Im in recruitment btw.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 11:10:19 pm »
Sorry to hear that. Have you got a CV? If no, get one, then put it on various recruitment banks like CV library, Jobsite and Total Jobs.  If you want to send me your CV I can take a look.  Im in recruitment btw.
Will p.m you mate. Ta.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 05:13:53 pm »
You had a look at Jag?

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 05:20:49 pm »
You had a look at Jag?
Yep. Applied for Staffline there.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 12:32:21 am »
Wasn't sure where to post but the club have a lot of jobs advertised at the moment on LinkedIn

It's like they've either had a total restructure or putting loads of new jobs in

Jobs such as: matchday operations manager, anfield facilities manager, head of social media etc etc

Anyway heads up for those looking with the experience!

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 12:42:42 pm »
Hope it's ok to slightly hijack this thread, but does anyone know of any part time summer jobs going in Liverpool/Knowsley that would suit a 16/17 year old? For my lad, he's not having much luck with the supermarkets, and he's even had the knock back from Maccies (fucking unbelievable that one, he applied for a part time role, filled in on the form that he could work all the shifts going, they emailed him saying the hours he said he could work were unsuitable!). He's handed cv's in to loads of places, but had no replies yet. Ideally has to be easily accessible by public transport. Cheers guys and gals.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 02:22:16 pm »
Hope it's ok to slightly hijack this thread, but does anyone know of any part time summer jobs going in Liverpool/Knowsley that would suit a 16/17 year old? For my lad, he's not having much luck with the supermarkets, and he's even had the knock back from Maccies (fucking unbelievable that one, he applied for a part time role, filled in on the form that he could work all the shifts going, they emailed him saying the hours he said he could work were unsuitable!). He's handed cv's in to loads of places, but had no replies yet. Ideally has to be easily accessible by public transport. Cheers guys and gals.

I'd get him to reply to them and ask, as it's looks like they have maybe mis-interpreted what was put on the form.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 02:51:50 pm »
I'd get him to reply to them and ask, as it's looks like they have maybe mis-interpreted what was put on the form.

I thought that too. 16-18 yr olds cannot work later than 10pm, can only start after 6am, and can only work 8 hours a day. If its a 24hr Maccies, they might have rejected it due to that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 03:02:09 pm »

I thought that too. 16-18 yr olds cannot work later than 10pm, can only start after 6am, and can only work 8 hours a day. If its a 24hr Maccies, they might have rejected it due to that.

Yeah I thought it was strange, I'll get him to find out. Cheers.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 11:09:39 pm »
It's hard out there at the moment. I'm getting laid off next Friday and had two interview today which were nerve-wracking but went well overall then got another two coming up next week followed by an interview at NHS next month. It's the uncertainty that's a killer. Best thing to do is, I'll put it bluntly, is to whore yourself out on recruitment websites. Get your CV up there and apply for as many relevant jobs as you can to get your name out and let them know you're available for work. Also register with as many local agencies as you can, they will definitely have a few jobs available.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 02:23:13 pm »
It's hard out there at the moment. I'm getting laid off next Friday and had two interview today which were nerve-wracking but went well overall then got another two coming up next week followed by an interview at NHS next month. It's the uncertainty that's a killer. Best thing to do is, I'll put it bluntly, is to whore yourself out on recruitment websites. Get your CV up there and apply for as many relevant jobs as you can to get your name out and let them know you're available for work. Also register with as many local agencies as you can, they will definitely have a few jobs available.

This is spot on. I've always been of the opinion apply for loads even if you are not sure on role.

If you get interview you get more experience of interviews and learn more about the job and the company and you only ever have to make a decision if it's offered to you

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 10:35:41 pm »

Cheers, Chris.
Got work straight away through an agency for 3 months. Also had a few interviews and got offered jobs. The best thing I did was go door to door handing my cv out. Through this I have  touched lucky after getting a phone call out the blue.