Author Topic: Corporate tickets  (Read 3103 times)

Offline dannylfc_1

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Corporate tickets
« on: April 17, 2018, 05:53:25 pm »
Small rant..
I work for our sponsors and although we all know it goes on, it infuriates me how many people who know nothing about football and have never been north of Watford already have tickets for Roma next week. Some are even going to Rome! With our away fans! Don't support the club, don't know any songs, don't even care about football. Just 'client entertainment'.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Corporate tickets
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:16:41 pm »
At least they’ll be in the corporate seats. The real scandal are the tickets in 306 and elsewhere on the Kop selling for £500+ online.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 06:29:01 pm »
At least they’ll be in the corporate seats. The real scandal are the tickets in 306 and elsewhere on the Kop selling for £500+ online.

Even more annoying than that Alan is the club could easily buy them back and cancel the season tickets or membership involved

Just no appetite to address it

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 07:54:00 pm »
Not all, hundreds of us in the Centenary have been relocated to the MS although the seats are great :)

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 09:09:33 pm »
And, if we reach the final, fans should hold the club to account for how many tickets go to Thomas Cook, sponsors etc.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 06:00:48 am »
And, if we reach the final, fans should hold the club to account for how many tickets go to Thomas Cook, sponsors etc.

It's a good idea, can't see the club entertaining it though.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 07:19:19 am »
If we did reach the final, I assume that the requirement to give tickets to former shareholders has gone?

That was definitely an issue in the EL final.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 07:36:47 am »
If we did reach the final, I assume that the requirement to give tickets to former shareholders has gone?

That was definitely an issue in the EL final.

No, priority rights allow for buying tickets for finals too.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 08:59:23 am »
Yeah the club have this perverse policy that the further we tend to go in competitions the less your loyalty is rewarded or matters. As in every area of society nowadays it's about pandering to wealth and corporate interests.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 09:42:12 am »
Well said mate

The former director of Carillion (before he jumped ship) drinks in pub near me and they had 2 corporate seats in old main stand while the new main stand went up.  This fucker is a Newcastle fan and used to take a City fan mate to every game just for the prawn sandwiches etc.

What grated me though is that my missus works with Sir Bob's granddaughter who told her that the Paisley families complimentary 4 tickets were reduced to 2 tickets.  I think this has now been sorted but at the time they were very upset.

Fucking hell, i'd give Bob's family as many as they wanted within reason.  Especially if it came at the expense of blokes in suits with no interest in LFC.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 09:51:19 am »
Yeah the club have this perverse policy that the further we tend to go in competitions the less your loyalty is rewarded or matters. As in every area of society nowadays it's about pandering to wealth and corporate interests.
its because uefa require more tickets for the later the stage in the competition for the sponsors who pump millions into the competition which is why there is led to go around later on, which is why if you qualify you should get on the auto cup scheme

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 09:59:53 am »
Well said mate

The former director of Carillion (before he jumped ship) drinks in pub near me and they had 2 corporate seats in old main stand while the new main stand went up.  This fucker is a Newcastle fan and used to take a City fan mate to every game just for the prawn sandwiches etc.

What grated me though is that my missus works with Sir Bob's granddaughter who told her that the Paisley families complimentary 4 tickets were reduced to 2 tickets.  I think this has now been sorted but at the time they were very upset.

Fucking hell, i'd give Bob's family as many as they wanted within reason.  Especially if it came at the expense of blokes in suits with no interest in LFC.

Sadly, corporate bribery is all part of the bigger corruption around sport.
“Still no decision on that contract? Why don’t we discuss it at Ladies’ Day at Aintree. I have a box and you can bring your dear wife. No no, old chap it’s all on the house!”

Corporate hospitality is now one of the biggest areas of entertainment in the country. Look at Old Trafford Cricket ground. Those monstrous things they erected as part of the redevelopment, are little more than booze pods. Any given test match they are full of spivs in bad suits (no ties) and brown shoes. All knocking back the booze and “doing business”. It used to be a bottle of scotch at Christmas, now it’s a day at the races or cricket, golf or rugby. I worked in the public sector for many years and I had to declare any pecuniary interest to my bosses, including any freebies (which there were none). I couldn’t believe the way the private sector operated when I was invited to a corporate golf day, not long after starting work for a private company. I had played golf once in my life  at that point and had to borrow a bag of clubs. My boss thought it important I attend. Free golf stuff, a meal, a free raffle with loads of winners. Why? Bribery?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Charlie Satterthwaite

• Boys Pen
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 10:10:29 am »
It does my head in.

One of my wife's mates works for Sony and has been to every Champions League Final for the last four years. No interest in football whatsoever, just a nice free weekend away on the ale. I'll be fuming if we get there this season, I miss out on a ticket and she lashes up loads of photos on Facebook from the ground drinking wine and not watching the match as usual.

The clubs are as bad. When I went to the Europa final in Basel, loads of the lads had tickets marked "Celtic" and other clubs - all clubs who are in the competition get a few tickets to the final and they tend to end up being sold on. The fella next to me in the ground had bought his for £300.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 10:11:08 am »
Surely it all starts with the brokered deals LFC make,part of the deal with Thomas Cook will certainly be an amount of guaranteed seats?
Maybe I'm way off the mark but the source of the problem is on our own doorstep.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 10:32:21 am »
Surely it all starts with the brokered deals LFC make,part of the deal with Thomas Cook will certainly be an amount of guaranteed seats?
Maybe I'm way off the mark but the source of the problem is on our own doorstep.
its not just Thomas cook all the commercial partners will get a certain number of tickets for games and finals as well, after all if you were the guy doing the western union deal for £5m a year for a sleeve patch only for domestic games you’d obviously want some tickets for staff, competitions etc, never mind the ones that pay 2/3/4/5/6x that, I mean do people seriously expect the club sponsors not to get a decent number of tickets for their money?

Offline marko74

• Boys Pen
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 10:46:59 am »
I have hospitality and have got Roma away in ballot, did not get city away though, so even paying massive money does not guarantee tickets  . I have been on the season ticket waiting list since 1998 , still waiting for season tickets.

Managed to build local successful business so thought the only way to go to all games was to pay big money.

I know many other fans in these lounges that would give anything to have a normal season ticket .

There are fans as we all know that have dozens of tickets in loads of names.The club needs looking into this it would reduce the wait time for fans that have been on the list for over 20 years . With today's technology it would be so easy to stop this touting business and release so many season tickets to desperate fans that have waited so long.

There are so so many huge LFC fans sitting in that middle tier having to fork out huge amounts of cash to watch the team .

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 11:05:29 am »
Hope they all drink in an irish bar and run into roma.
cyas

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:27 pm »
its not just Thomas cook all the commercial partners will get a certain number of tickets for games and finals as well, after all if you were the guy doing the western union deal for £5m a year for a sleeve patch only for domestic games you’d obviously want some tickets for staff, competitions etc, never mind the ones that pay 2/3/4/5/6x that, I mean do people seriously expect the club sponsors not to get a decent number of tickets for their money?

Indeed.

If we're going to applaud the club for the consistent upturn in commercial performance and closing the gap on those clubs above us in financial terms, then this is something that we're going to have to make peace with. When companies are paying out £m's annually then they will, rightly, expect access to fixtures to be included as part of the package. My wife works for a former partner of the club's and as a result i've been with her to a few games as a guest of theirs, and another thing to note is that there does also tend to be a lot of Liverpool fans in there as well. Not all, obviously, but when I went I wasn't alone in being a Red, and for some it wound up being a chance to take their lad that they might not have otherwise had. It isn't all bad in that respect.

The far bigger issues as far as I can see in all of this are: -

1) Touting.

I'm hopeful that the 'ticket inspectors' brought in by the club indicate an appetite at the very least to begin to tackle this, and that they can make an impact. As others have said, it really shouldn't be very difficult to track down the source of touted tickets, providing that appetite to do so is there to begin with. Those individuals and companies holding one or multiple season tickets and/or memberships, with linked credits, and buying simply to sell on at a profit - those are the people that need to be identified, banned and their season ticket/membership revoked and made available to the next person in line. From there, be proactive in looking at what can be done to prevent further touting, rather than relying on reacting after the fact.

2) 'Neutral' allocations.

Specifically UEFA, for their finals. A sizeable portion of available tickets (around 1/3?) are set aside for their 'neutral' areas, which are intended to ensure that 'anyone has access and is able to attend X competition', or something akin to that, according to UEFA. That's all well and good, but in reality, all that happens is anyone either looking to make an easy profit, or who support a club still involved at the time of the ballot, will collectively apply, perhaps multiple times, and then when the final comes around, the supporters of the two remaining clubs will find themselves paying ridiculous mark-ups to buy tickets from someone who either had no intention of attending anyway, or a supporter of another club that didn't make it. If we make the final it will be the same, the 'neutral section' will be Liverpool. As it was in Istanbul. I paid £250 to a Chelsea fan for my ticket for Istanbul. He had applied assuming they would make it, and when they didn't he saw the chance to make some money. Of course, the ticket had his name on it, but as we all know, the annual declarations of 'rings of steel' around the stadium ensuring that tickets are used by those assigned, and that forgeries are identified and stopped, are complete myth. If UEFA are going to insist on continuing on with these 'neutral' sections and associated ballots (which I honestly don't think they should, for the record), then they really need to look at their process around assigning tickets, ensuring that they can be returned rather than sold on, and that adequate processes are in place to facilitate that. Send the returns back to the two clubs involved and allow the thousands currently having to turn to touts the ability to access tickets through the right channels, at face value. Right now it's a joke and achieves nothing other than imposing an additional financial cost on those actually wanting to see their club in a final, whilst lining the pockets of the opportunists.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:50:14 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 12:42:33 pm »
Even more annoying than that Alan is the club could easily buy them back and cancel the season tickets or membership involved

Just no appetite to address it

The reason they don't do that is because they'll find half the people selling them work for the Club in some capacity. 
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!