Author Topic: Preview: West Brom v Liverpool. Premier League. 21/4/18 12.30  (Read 34561 times)

Offline accyred

• Kemlynite
Re: Preview: West Brom v Liverpool. Premier League. 21/4/18 12.30
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2018, 05:22:00 pm »
Won’t be easy as they’ve proved twice against us they can get upmfor the big games ....
In sunny Spain , we won it six times  🇪🇸

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2018, 05:34:48 pm »
I don't know where to put this, but Klopp talking about his future and not planning to stay long in football, to me it feels like a cold shower.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2018, 05:43:18 pm »
I don't know where to put this, but Klopp talking about his future and not planning to stay long in football, to me it feels like a cold shower.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329050.msg15994257#msg15994257 has some discussion on it. I agree with him staying until his current contract ends, he'll want to see it out.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2018, 05:43:46 pm »

He's been saying that for years. It's nothing new.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2018, 06:06:32 pm »
He's been saying that for years. It's nothing new.

It's not exactly music to my ears.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2018, 06:09:18 pm »
Sounds like Ings, Moreno, Klavan and Gomez are all starting instead of Firmino, Robertson, Lovren and Trent.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2018, 06:15:53 pm »
Sounds like Ings, Moreno, Klavan and Gomez are all starting instead of Firmino, Robertson, Lovren and Trent.
Is that from the guy who's been getting the team sheets perfect the last few games?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2018, 06:25:42 pm »
Is that from the guy who's been getting the team sheets perfect the last few games?

Yep

Karius, Gomez, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Ings.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2018, 06:51:26 pm »
Yep

Karius, Gomez, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Ings.

Would have liked to see Clyne in at right back and Gomez CB ahead of VVD. I'd have also rested Salah and played Solanke. Very strong side though, fingers crossed for no injuries.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2018, 06:53:32 pm »
Yep

No chance that’s right - Klopp doesn’t rest players before big games

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2018, 07:13:31 pm »
Would have liked to see Clyne in at right back and Gomez CB ahead of VVD. I'd have also rested Salah and played Solanke. Very strong side though, fingers crossed for no injuries.

Salah wants to win the golden boot and also beat Rush's record of 47 in a season. He'll want to play every minute of every game and, unless there is a medical concern to rest him, he will likely do so.

In terms of his groin, he must be fine now. And in terms of accumulated fatigue, he hasn't been working much off the ball compared to Mane and Firmino which should save his legs. Plus will have had a full weeks rest, and has only played ~500 minutes for us and Egypt in the last 40 days - which equates to about 5,4 games in 5,7 weeks. He likely doesn't need a rest and actually for a player like Salah, regular playing to keep his form up is likely better for him than resting for big games.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2018, 07:17:37 pm »

Clyne is injured

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2018, 07:18:00 pm »
It's not exactly music to my ears.

Not sure why you thought he would be staying here past 7 years

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2018, 07:18:30 pm »
Yep

Have to say that line up has made me more nervous for the game if its true. Was hoping we would go full strength.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2018, 07:23:49 pm »

You do know that we still need some points? Solanke and Ings were very poor against Everton but now we should play them again and risk more dropped points?

Also play Gomez against a very physical Rondon would be crazy.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2018, 07:26:26 pm »
You do know that we still need some points? Solanke and Ings were very poor against Everton but now we should play them again and risk more dropped points?

Also play Gomez against a very physical Rondon would be crazy.

You are only looking at risk from one perspective though. What about the risk of needing the likes of Gomez, Ings, Moreno, Klavan, etc to play in an important game but they aren't match sharp because we chose not to play them against West Brom opting instead to go full strength.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2018, 07:26:39 pm »
We still need a few points to tie up fourth so I would go as strong as possible in this one.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2018, 07:27:57 pm »
Have to say that line up has made me more nervous for the game if its true. Was hoping we would go full strength.

That line up is a huge favorite to win the game
Which West Brom player gets in that starting eleven?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2018, 07:30:55 pm »
You are only looking at risk from one perspective though. What about the risk of needing the likes of Gomez, Ings, Moreno, Klavan, etc to play in an important game but they aren't match sharp because we chose not to play them against West Brom opting instead to go full strength.

Maybe, but we could guarantee top four this week if we beat West Brom and Stoke. That would give us Chelsea and Brighton to build up any fitness if we hopefully need them in the CL final we are obviously making.

Of course there is the risk that they could get injured tomorrow and we need these fringe players against Roma. But I would not be keen for us to be needing to go to both Chelsea and Brighton needing something to get top four.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2018, 07:31:40 pm »
That line up is a huge favorite to win the game
Which West Brom player gets in that starting eleven?

Come on JackWard you know it doesnt always work like that.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2018, 07:38:14 pm »
Come on JackWard you know it doesnt always work like that.

Our team is better than their team and we’ll be favourite to win it.
Your posts read like you don’t believe we can win without our entire first team ?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2018, 07:39:13 pm »
Maybe, but we could guarantee top four this week if we beat West Brom and Stoke. That would give us Chelsea and Brighton to build up any fitness if we hopefully need them in the CL final we are obviously making.

Of course there is the risk that they could get injured tomorrow and we need these fringe players against Roma. But I would not be keen for us to be needing to go to both Chelsea and Brighton needing something to get top four.

This is where the expression hope for the best, plan for the worst comes in.

What if you go full strength and get injuries. You then have squad players who aren't match fit who are off the pace in the key CL semi's or against Chelsea. What if you go full strength and lose points anyway, when do you give the fringe players minutes then?

Given recent injuries to Lovren, Robertson and the work load of Firmino & Trent in recent games, that is arguable as full strength as you can go without taking unnecessary risks in terms of players we may be needing a rest to properly get over little knocks or prevent accumulative fatigue getting into dangerous levels.

The question is would you rather that lineup faces West Brom or Roma?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2018, 07:41:19 pm »
Our team is better than their team and we’ll be favourite to win it.
Your posts read like you don’t believe we can win without our entire first team ?

I always believe we can win but I am naturally pessimistic when playing these sorts of sides. I felt it would be a tough game even at full strength so if we go a bit weaker then i think it could be even more tricky.

To be honest most of the side is fine its just Ings where I have the concern. Thus far he hasnt looked good at all.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2018, 07:44:17 pm »
This is where the expression hope for the best, plan for the worst comes in.

What if you go full strength and get injuries. You then have squad players who aren't match fit who are off the pace in the key CL semi's or against Chelsea. What if you go full strength and lose points anyway, when do you give the fringe players minutes then?

Given recent injuries to Lovren, Robertson and the work load of Firmino & Trent in recent games, that is arguable as full strength as you can go without taking unnecessary risks in terms of players we may be needing a rest to properly get over little knocks or prevent accumulative fatigue getting into dangerous levels.

The question is would you rather that lineup faces West Brom or Roma?

Robertson and Lovren I can understand, particlularly the latter. Trent? Not so sure and the same with Firmino. Of course I know I am talking about this with zero sports science knowledge or information, I am just talking as an ordinary fan.

I can understand the risk like we took against Everton. But we did go full strength against Palace and looking back its a good job we did.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2018, 07:46:01 pm »

Errr bar Firmino, the side pretty much picks itself. That is the strongest possible side outside of Firmino.

Lovren has had issues, we need Robertson and his energy, and we also need Trent.

Not sure what you're complaining about

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2018, 07:47:12 pm »
I always believe we can win but I am naturally pessimistic when playing these sorts of sides. I felt it would be a tough game even at full strength so if we go a bit weaker then i think it could be even more tricky.

To be honest most of the side is fine its just Ings where I have the concern. Thus far he hasnt looked good at all.

So because Firmino isn't playing, it's the end of the world? Literally all of our other players have played a huge part in our season. You make it sound like we sent out u23.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2018, 07:52:04 pm »
Robertson and Lovren I can understand, particlularly the latter. Trent? Not so sure and the same with Firmino. Of course I know I am talking about this with zero sports science knowledge or information, I am just talking as an ordinary fan.

I can understand the risk like we took against Everton. But we did go full strength against Palace and looking back its a good job we did.

But in that instance we hadn't played together in 2 weeks due to the international break. Playing them all together to get their head back into our system makes sense before a crucial game. Not to mention for the likes of Firmino & Trent, no accumulative fatigue issues are there because they weren't involved much or at all during the international break.

Sports science department largely dictate who can play, when and how many minutes. For a crucial game Klopp may be willing to push the line a little more, but he tends to put a lot of trust in those who advise him on their areas and is probably his biggest strength as a coach in my opinion.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2018, 07:58:03 pm »
But in that instance we hadn't played together in 2 weeks due to the international break. Playing them all together to get their head back into our system makes sense before a crucial game. Not to mention for the likes of Firmino & Trent, no accumulative fatigue issues are there because they weren't involved much or at all during the international break.

Sports science department largely dictate who can play, when and how many minutes. For a crucial game Klopp may be willing to push the line a little more, but he tends to put a lot of trust in those who advise him on their areas and is probably his biggest strength as a coach in my opinion.

Like I said I totally appreciate the sports science stuff and of course I am not trying to say that Klopp’s made a bad decision. Of course all this information affects the decision and he balances all this when choosing his side.

All I am saying is that I am just a bit concerned with this game so of course if you are that way then its hardly going to lessen the nerves if one of your best players is missing.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2018, 08:00:29 pm »
Like I said I totally appreciate the sports science stuff and of course I am not trying to say that Klopp’s made a bad decision. Of course all this information affects the decision and he balances all this when choosing his side.

All I am saying is that I am just a bit concerned with this game so of course if you are that way then its hardly going to lessen the nerves if one of your best players is missing.

Best players?

Robertson and Trent aren't our best players. Gomez and Moreno are more than good enough.

Firmino is important to us, but we still have Mane and Salah.

In other words get a grip.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2018, 08:04:51 pm »
Best players?

Robertson and Trent aren't our best players. Gomez and Moreno are more than good enough.

Firmino is important to us, but we still have Mane and Salah.

In other words get a grip.

Only issue for me is the huge drop off in quality between Ings and Firmino. The rest are fine.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2018, 08:10:35 pm »
How come the guy who leaks the lineup has leaked it so early (if it is indeed the lineup)? Doesn't he normally only leak it a few hours before? It doesn't make any difference, but it's unusual as far as I can tell.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2018, 08:10:55 pm »
Yep

I hope this is wrong because we should not be helping West Brom by publishing this ahead of the game, it gives them an advantage. Sure it might only be a few percent, but games can be won and lost on tiny margins.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2018, 08:11:59 pm »
I hope this is wrong because we should not be helping West Brom by publishing this ahead of the game, it gives them an advantage. Sure it might only be a few percent, but games can be won and lost on tiny margins.

It's happened many times before when we've won games, the opposition won't base their own lineup and tactics on something posted on Twitter even if it's 100% accurate every time.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2018, 08:14:03 pm »

I am ok with it myself. Always (this season especially) liked Moreno so no problem there. Gomez has been solid for us. It also gives TTA a rest, Likewise Bobby out from starting 11. I prefer Ings (no goals) to Solanke (no goals) right now. Raggy Klavan also good to keep him in trim just in case Lovren gets a niggle.
It gives a few of the lads a much needed run out. All going well we should win. Never like playing WBA but has to be done. As with every game the first goal will be vital. The more we score the more likely we are to score again. A nippy 2-0 at half time, 3-0 at the end. Just score first.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2018, 08:16:14 pm »
Jack seriously? How does it not matter? The amount of time between City and the derby was incredibly short for the players to fully recover, and to play them in another intense game[the derby] before playing City in midweek to follow again.

The amount of time before the game allows the players to fill prepare,rest and recover. What on earth are you on about?

Even though we play Roma on Tuesday, they still get enough time to recover, far more than we did against City. And while Roma will be difficult, it's very unlikely that they will play with the same intensity as City, non the less I don't expect this to be the same type of line up as we had against Everton

He will rest players if the fitness data suggests he needs to. As I understand it quite a few players will be missing for this one. Which is disappointing because these will be much tougher than Stoke and we also have Chelsea to play. Top 4 is not quite certain yet.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2018, 08:56:04 pm »
No chance that’s right - Klopp doesn’t rest players before big games
No chance that's right.  Except that it is.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2018, 09:10:55 pm »
He will rest players if the fitness data suggests he needs to. As I understand it quite a few players will be missing for this one. Which is disappointing because these will be much tougher than Stoke and we also have Chelsea to play. Top 4 is not quite certain yet.

Trent hasn’t played that much. Also Oxlade-Chamberlain has had a decent amount of rest as well.

I agree that this is much tougher than Stoke. Also if we think this run of games is tough then imagine how tough it’s going to be if we have to go to Chelsea to get something on the back of 2 Roma games, whilst Chelsea will be fresh from a full week off.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:12:54 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2018, 09:16:21 pm »
It wont be an easy game at all. They have seemed more confident in their past 2 games and they did play very well against us on both occasions.

Rodriguez will definitely cause us a problem and we have to ensure that Rondon doesnt do a ‘Lukaku’ style job on Lovren. Their defence will be a tough nut to crack as well.

Are you always so miserable?

Enjoy it. It’s footy. We’re Liverpool.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2018, 09:27:06 pm »
Trent hasn’t played that much. Also Oxlade-Chamberlain has had a decent amount of rest as well.

I agree that this is much tougher than Stoke. Also if we think this run of games is tough then imagine how tough it’s going to be if we have to go to Chelsea to get something on the back of 2 Roma games, whilst Chelsea will be fresh from a full week off.

What do you mean he hasn't played that much? He's played practically every game since Gomez has been injured consecutively apart from the derby, and he's put in a lot of energy in all of the matches.

You are an absolute weirdo at times when it comes to certain things in regards to this side.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2018, 09:29:15 pm »

The changes made are not an abomination. We still have the vast majority of our best players playing [Van Dijk,Henderson,Mane,Salah]

Gomez and Moreno have played a part this season and they played well for the most part. Klavan has made a contribution as well, in fact he's been better than Matip this year.

This is a stronger side than we put up against Everton.