Author Topic: Roma watch  (Read 150069 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Roma watch
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2018, 10:14:48 am »
Looks like Andy Townsend's preparation for post-apocalyptic Mad Max style world.

Is this how Alan Pardew goes out for a paper?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2018, 12:39:46 pm »
Stroke of genius by Shankly to send Byrne and Milne out with the FA Cup. Was in the Boys Pen and it's still the noisiest I've ever heard Anfield!!
I know it's a long time ago but did you notice something different in the boys pen that night? I had been in the pen a few times
on my own back then and there was always some poor sod getting his face punched in(I used to quietly sidle away and hope
the gangs didn't start on me). But that night the latent violence in the atmosphere was totally gone, even a few hours
before kickoff. There was something mystical in the air as if we were about to see something magical and historic - and we certainly did.  :)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2018, 01:40:32 pm »
All the talk of Roma being supermotivated because of '84 is hogwash. It is the semifinals of the Champions League. The last home games of the tournament for both teams. If you cannot get motivated for that you are clearly the spoilt playthings of the petrochemical dollar. Every real club will be up for it.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2018, 02:14:56 pm »
All the talk of Roma being supermotivated because of '84 is hogwash. It is the semifinals of the Champions League. The last home games of the tournament for both teams. If you cannot get motivated for that you are clearly the spoilt playthings of the petrochemical dollar. Every real club will be up for it.
to be honest im hearing that much about 1984 that it probably isnt hogwash but the bolded bit is the main thing

we dont need extra motivation, id imagine the other 3 clubs left dont either
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2018, 02:18:51 pm »
I know it's a long time ago but did you notice something different in the boys pen that night? I had been in the pen a few times
on my own back then and there was always some poor sod getting his face punched in(I used to quietly sidle away and hope
the gangs didn't start on me). But that night the latent violence in the atmosphere was totally gone, even a few hours
before kickoff. There was something mystical in the air as if we were about to see something magical and historic - and we certainly did.  :)

Lol...that's how I got through my time in there. Head down, don't catch anybody's eye! Scary place but that night was certainly different. Celebration not aggravation!

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2018, 02:19:55 pm »
And it was only something like a shilling to get in :D :D

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2018, 07:45:39 pm »
Mate: the point about Roma motivation was in response to some posts about Roma dreading us.  They want revenge and are understandably buzzing after Barca. Of course all four will be motivated.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2018, 08:11:35 pm »
Lol...that's how I got through my time in there. Head down, don't catch anybody's eye! Scary place but that night was certainly different. Celebration not aggravation!

I went straight into the Kop at 13 but still avoided eye contact with some of the head hunters who inhabited the pen. Was it an abbreviation for penitentiary, perchance? ;)

It may be old age but I seem to remember some particularly simian members climbing over the fence with shouts of encouragement from the Kop.

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2018, 10:27:02 pm »

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2018, 10:56:09 pm »
The ticket price for Liverpool fans to go to Roma is obscene. Why Liverpool aren’t charging their fans the same to come to Anfield is a pisstake. Man Utd charged Sevilla fans what they were charged so why we aren’t is crazy.

It must be an English thing as I now see that Atletico Madrid are charging Arsenal fans £76 for the away match in the Europa League. It will become the norm sadly and although the English fans are getting the piss taken out of them, they are seen as easy targets. Until English clubs charge the same, it will continue.

Football is becoming a monster out of control. Player wages, ticket prices and TV money amongst other things, are pricing the game out of many peoples reach.

All that aside, I think this tie will be difficult. We need to be at our best. There is a reason that Roma have made it to the semi’s, it’s because they are pretty darn good. They have quality sprinkled throughout their team. We will need to be totally on our game to get through. Take our chances, defend well and keep posession better than we have been will all be vital. Be interesting to see what reception Mo gets.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2018, 11:54:26 pm »
I went straight into the Kop at 13 but still avoided eye contact with some of the head hunters who inhabited the pen. Was it an abbreviation for penitentiary, perchance? ;)

It may be old age but I seem to remember some particularly simian members climbing over the fence with shouts of encouragement from the Kop.
  That's definitely right, in fact it was a badge of honour to escape into the Kop. On that Inter Milan night I actually saw, for the only
time, blokes climbing over from the Kop to the boys pen. I remember looking over my shoulder at half time and there was a bloke
in his 30's standing there grinning sheepishly - "its hell in the Kop tonight - I had to get out" he said.  :)

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2018, 01:53:25 am »
I had been in the pen a few times on my own back then and there was always some poor sod getting his face punched in(I used to quietly sidle away and hope
the gangs didn't start on me).

Yeah, what was with that? I went in there a couple of times until my mate got battered for no reason, used to go in the paddock after that.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2018, 09:57:18 am »
Yeah, what was with that? I went in there a couple of times until my mate got battered for no reason, used to go in the paddock after that.
  The "sparrow hall gang" stuck in my mind but there were plenty of other gangs. Maybe they were just all bad barstewards from a
bad area where you had to fight. It was strange though - most of us came from rough areas like that - but they had no concept of "us Liverpool fans" - mind you they were only 13 or 14 :)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2018, 09:58:00 am »
The ticket price for Liverpool fans to go to Roma is obscene. Why Liverpool aren’t charging their fans the same to come to Anfield is a pisstake. Man Utd charged Sevilla fans what they were charged so why we aren’t is crazy.

It must be an English thing as I now see that Atletico Madrid are charging Arsenal fans £76 for the away match in the Europa League. It will become the norm sadly and although the English fans are getting the piss taken out of them, they are seen as easy targets. Until English clubs charge the same, it will continue.

Football is becoming a monster out of control. Player wages, ticket prices and TV money amongst other things, are pricing the game out of many peoples reach.

All that aside, I think this tie will be difficult. We need to be at our best. There is a reason that Roma have made it to the semi’s, it’s because they are pretty darn good. They have quality sprinkled throughout their team. We will need to be totally on our game to get through. Take our chances, defend well and keep posession better than we have been will all be vital. Be interesting to see what reception Mo gets.

Yeah it's about time LFC did something about this. We very rarely do though, they take us for granted. They need to stand up to Roma and ask why such ridiculous prices.

At least subsidise this time and then sort this out for the future. Us British fans are getting screwed all the time.  Arsenal and Utd have spoken out it's about we did.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:59:55 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2018, 11:03:10 am »
This is not about the upcoming match, but it's about European competition nonetheless. United and Arsenal taking a stand while we're happily coasting along:

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-respond-to-outrage-by-subsidising-atletico-tickets
Supporters were left justifiably enraged when ticket prices for the second leg were fixed at £79 for away fans by Atletico, with Spanish fans paying just £36.50 for away tickets to the first leg at the Emirates Stadium.

In response, Arsenal have officially confirmed that they will subsidise tickets for fans headed to Spain on May 3.

As others have said- we should be charging the visitors more and subsidise our away supporters.  :no
It's prolly too late now, but something needs to be done. Also think the various Supporters-bodies need to be more proactive here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:10:48 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2018, 01:11:06 pm »
Di Franceso hinted at resting Cengiz Under against SPAL so he should be fit for Tuesday. Robertson will have his first real 'test' of the campaign. Under has been on fire with 8 goals in last 12.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2018, 02:09:29 pm »
Even if Roma knock us out, that will never exact revenge for beating them on their own pitch in ‘84. I’d like to say it was one of the most glorious nights of my life but by the time we picked the cup up, my thoughts had long since turned to “how the hell am I getting back to my hotel, on the outskirts, without getting my head kicked in?”

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2018, 02:20:59 pm »
Even if Roma knock us out, that will never exact revenge for beating them on their own pitch in ‘84. I’d like to say it was one of the most glorious nights of my life but by the time we picked the cup up, my thoughts had long since turned to “how the hell am I getting back to my hotel, on the outskirts, without getting my head kicked in?”
id say that was scary

little thing i like in life which probably should go in that thread but i love hearing the re-run when Brian Moore is commentating on Alan Kennedy's penalty

I think its Kevin Keegan and Ian St John in the back and you can hear them cheering quite loudly when Kennedy scores.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2018, 02:41:31 pm »
Di Franceso hinted at resting Cengiz Under against SPAL so he should be fit for Tuesday. Robertson will have his first real 'test' of the campaign. Under has been on fire with 8 goals in last 12.

He's a dangerous player but I think nowhere near the level of Sterling. Also not convinced he is better than B.Silva either to be honest.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2018, 03:12:16 pm »
My Granddaughter (Police officer)  has just pissed me off, she has just told me she is on duty at Anfield for the Roma game.  :(
And getting paid for it. :no

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2018, 04:25:53 pm »
My Granddaughter (Police officer)  has just pissed me off, she has just told me she is on duty at Anfield for the Roma game.  :(

Worst job. You can't watch the game, you can't celebrate. Sure the athmosphere is brilliant but you're constantly asking yourself if some pillock will decide to chuck a coin at you just because you're a bizzy. And all the cocks who have been boozing for the past couple of hours think they are hot shit and horsing about in front of the police is the absolute best idea..... And if it goes wrong, there's a lot of excited / angry people in a very small space so it can go wrong very quickly.

Rather watch it on the telly to be honest! :)

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2018, 05:05:37 pm »
Worst job. You can't watch the game, you can't celebrate. Sure the athmosphere is brilliant but you're constantly asking yourself if some pillock will decide to chuck a coin at you just because you're a bizzy. And all the cocks who have been boozing for the past couple of hours think they are hot shit and horsing about in front of the police is the absolute best idea..... And if it goes wrong, there's a lot of excited / angry people in a very small space so it can go wrong very quickly.

Rather watch it on the telly to be honest! :)

Depends on what he duty is on the night. Could be told to stay outside the ground. :D

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2018, 07:30:09 pm »
Dzeko is deadly when he's on it so it's a matter of keeping him out of the game. I saw bits and pieces of the Rome derby last weekend and there was nothing to be overtly concerned about but we shouldn't underestimate them.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2018, 10:03:58 pm »
I'm not nervous about the match yet, but as soon as their coach rolls up I'll be bricking it.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2018, 10:12:28 pm »

Hope she is not too busy and sees some of the game.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2018, 10:15:09 pm »
I'm not nervous about the match yet, but as soon as their coach rolls up I'll be bricking it.

Enough of that shit please. We are already in trouble for bottling the Man City coach FFS!  :D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2018, 10:17:17 pm »
Dzeko is deadly when he's on it so it's a matter of keeping him out of the game. I saw bits and pieces of the Rome derby last weekend and there was nothing to be overtly concerned about but we shouldn't underestimate them.
we got big virg, he’s not a weak ass like pique

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2018, 10:22:04 pm »
id say that was scary

little thing i like in life which probably should go in that thread but i love hearing the re-run when Brian Moore is commentating on Alan Kennedy's penalty

I think its Kevin Keegan and Ian St John in the back and you can hear them cheering quite loudly when Kennedy scores.

No real need to great coaches. Just get into ground for 7pm and start the support we are capable of. COYMR

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2018, 10:47:11 pm »

I refer you to my sig  :boxhead
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2018, 11:14:40 pm »
I refer you to my sig  :boxhead

And you to mine😄

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2018, 12:15:24 am »
And you to mine😄

69-70 season but first game in there was 70, lost 2-0 Derby County or Durby as me granddad used to say. Must have just missed yer  ;). Back on thread, come on you reds
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline johnamiri

• Boys Pen
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2018, 07:46:44 am »
I was in the Boys Pen for that game. There was always a few bullies in there but in general it a good place to watch the game if you was a kid. I could never understand kids climbing over the fence into the Kop . If you went in there unless you got down by the front wall you couldn't see a thing. Great night that inter Milan game though. We should have won by more than 3-1

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2018, 08:16:26 am »
Very slightly off topic but the talk of the scariness of the boys pen late 60s and early 70s certainly had a lot to do with the prevailing local gang culture around that time . Areas were very territorial and young kids who admired the lads in gangs like the breck , the deli mob , the brook ( from tuebrook ) and the likes of the ones from Scottie and sparrow hall all carried this on into the boys pen both at anfield and goodison .

Im sure there's other lads in here who done the same thing As kids every saturday whoever was at home you went and watched them . You hung around with both reds and blues so it was something to do on a saturday afternoon when your own team were playing away . I remember talking to an old plasterer about Millwall coming into the gladwys street end in a cup tie and there being murder , he knew me as a red and was amazed i was there at 9 years of age .

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2018, 08:26:56 am »
This is not about the upcoming match, but it's about European competition nonetheless. United and Arsenal taking a stand while we're happily coasting along:

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-respond-to-outrage-by-subsidising-atletico-tickets
As others have said- we should be charging the visitors more and subsidise our away supporters.  :no
It's prolly too late now, but something needs to be done. Also think the various Supporters-bodies need to be more proactive here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43846073

Sounds like we are doing something in fairness. Rather than taking the United approach of mutually ripping off the opposing away fans we appear to be trying to enter a process with Uefa to stop these price rises.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2018, 08:58:22 am »

I'm stealing that for facebook.  ;)

Offline Boer_War

• Main Stander
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2018, 02:53:00 pm »
Roma have put a second team out today. They are 1-0 up.

I imagine we hoped to get 3 points today and do the same next weekend?

Anyway, I can’t wait for Wednesday. Even if we go out to them. What a season. I’ve loved watching every match.

Come on redmen
Get 8% cash back from the official store

http://www.quidco.com/user/4882829

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2018, 02:55:36 pm »
Dzeko will have enjoyed that last 15 minutes of our game today.
Internet terrorist

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2018, 03:03:28 pm »
Dzeko will have enjoyed that last 15 minutes of our game today.
Heard he is a boyhood baggies fan?
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2018, 03:23:37 pm »
Roma have put a second team out today. They are 1-0 up.

I imagine we hoped to get 3 points today and do the same next weekend?

Anyway, I can’t wait for Wednesday. Even if we go out to them. What a season. I’ve loved watching every match.

Come on redmen

3-0 now. And you don't have to wait until Wednesday mate, we play Tuesday. ;D

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2018, 03:32:16 pm »
did any roma players get injured