Author Topic: Ticket returns  (Read 1643 times)

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ticket returns
« on: December 5, 2017, 03:31:18 pm »
I've just rang the club about ticket returns.  I bought three tickets with my card, my sons card and a "mates" (very loose) card.  They will allow a refund on my card and my sons but apparently my mate will have to call himself.

Problem is I'm no longer in touch with the "mate".  I have his address but not his DOB which I need.

Only after I came off the phone I realised that I purchased them all with my card.  If he did call they would surely have to refund the original card??

Does this sound right?  I'm sure I've had refunds before but not had this problem.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ticket returns
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2017, 04:38:04 pm »
this sounds odd but right at the same time!

I'm sure they have tightened up on this but i presume they are seeing it from the point of view of anyone could ring up and cancel any ticket purchase maliciously HOWEVER

you are spot on that they would refund the card it was purchased with which was yours.

I personally would call back again and try your arm - suspect they will process it but i can see why there may be a policy like that as i say

That said can you imagine the number of calls they would create for themselves! Also a bit of a farce if they would have refunded had you just given the DOB - doesnt rule out the malicious angle i presumed would be their driver for the policy

All in all i reckon i've been sod all help there ;D

Offline lordcisse

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2017, 04:47:28 pm »
If you ring up as your mate they'll ask you questions tho so make sure you know the address on it and date of birth

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2017, 05:28:23 pm »
if you have access to the cards account you can see the date of birth and address noted on the system - ynwa !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2017, 07:21:30 pm »
I've just rang the club about ticket returns.  I bought three tickets with my card, my sons card and a "mates" (very loose) card.  They will allow a refund on my card and my sons but apparently my mate will have to call himself.

Problem is I'm no longer in touch with the "mate".  I have his address but not his DOB which I need.

Only after I came off the phone I realised that I purchased them all with my card.  If he did call they would surely have to refund the original card??

Does this sound right?  I'm sure I've had refunds before but not had this problem.

So you used your "mate's" card without his permission to buy a ticket for someone else?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2017, 08:56:44 pm »

So you used your "mate's" card without his permission to buy a ticket for someone else?

Wow, that makes me sound bad..... ;)

The "mate" is a friend of a friend and knows I buy tickets for my sons as I pay for the membership.  I've been doing this for a few years now but no longer have his details to get hold of him. 

I probably could get those details off my mate but didn't want to contact the guy in case he changes his mind.   

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6 on: December 5, 2017, 09:00:24 pm »

Wow, that makes me sound bad..... ;)

The "mate" is a friend of a friend and knows I buy tickets for my sons as I pay for the membership.  I've been doing this for a few years now but no longer have his details to get hold of him. 

I probably could get those details off my mate but didn't want to contact the guy in case he changes his mind.   

Just playing devil's advocate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.