Author Topic: The Apprentice 2017  (Read 24832 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Apprentice 2017
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2017, 09:59:21 pm »
SiiMON steps in when society stops. Greatest presentation, ever.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2017, 10:00:28 pm »
Well that was an absolute fucking car crash all round.

The square jawed woman has to be the most argumentative, unbearable candidate there’s been. Impossible to work with!

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2017, 10:10:55 pm »
Not too bad a series upto now - today was one of those easy-to-fuck-up tasks wasn't it?

That Bolton lass (Karen Brady II) is boss... I bet she's an absolute laugh on a night out.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2017, 10:37:34 pm »
The girly bitchfest was great.

:lmao

Siimon Jeffrii
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2017, 10:56:02 pm »
What a mess this lot are. Could have sacked 10 of them after that shambles. Utter cringe from start to finish.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2017, 11:54:08 pm »
This program has turned into a hackneyed 'scritpted reality' programme (was it always like this?) - this SEASON (no no no its series if you're British so don't be a hipster) is getting worse and the after show is also fkin bad with the welsh boy who needs to clear his throat

Still watchin it though...c*nts
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2017, 12:01:49 am »
This program has turned into a hackneyed 'scritpted reality' programme (was it always like this?) - this SEASON (no no no its series if you're British so don't be a hipster) is getting worse and the after show is also fkin bad with the welsh boy who needs to clear his throat

Still watchin it though...c*nts

The third series was when it became apparent that most of it was scripted reality. I suppose it always has been, but in a strange way, there was more of a 'real' feel to it before S3.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2017, 12:14:30 am »
The third series was when it became apparent that most of it was scripted reality. I suppose it always has been, but in a strange way, there was more of a 'real' feel to it before S3.

The 1-3 second cuts belay a heavily constructed feel to the whole thing...watch the last episode boardroom scene and there is no dramatic tension, its just shouty quick cuts and shit smelling facials then sugar looking bored then shouty c*nts then c*nt Karen then c*nt then repeat

then lets all tune in to even more heavily edited shite with a phlegm ridden welsh boy and showboating wannabe reality tv twats dissect a heavily edited shit show
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2017, 12:23:48 am »
The 1-3 second cuts belay a heavily constructed feel to the whole thing...watch the last episode boardroom scene and there is no dramatic tension, its just shouty quick cuts and shit smelling facials then sugar looking bored then shouty c*nts then c*nt Karen then c*nt then repeat

then lets all tune in to even more heavily edited shite with a phlegm ridden welsh boy and showboating wannabe reality tv twats dissect a heavily edited shit show

It isn't as bad as 2015 - 2015s editing was a shambles. Looked like they had the kids on it.

But yes, it is edited out of context on occasion.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2017, 09:02:22 am »
Very enjoyable episode..the right person went.....plenty of laughs and opportunities for shouting 'you daft c*nt' at the telly ...which is what it's all about  ;D......warmed to Michaela in this ep...thought she was just a gobby Manc but she lead the boys team well (despite  the name change fuckup!) showed good sense of humour...and a surprising show of vulnerability in the boardroom , which you don't often see on the show......oh, and Anisa is a curvy lass and no mistake....hoping to see more of her
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2017, 09:09:42 am »
Knew they'd lose as soon as they decided to target the over 60s. I don't know anyone over 60 who would have any interest in a £700 robot. Bizarre to go for that as your target market.

Also the name change thing was just bonkers.

Anyway, glad that useless Tory boy went. Thought he came across as a little twat whereas Michaela actually came across fairly likeable in this task, even if she was a bit useless.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2017, 09:27:21 am »
It's starting to annoy me how Sugar is blatantly keeping people based on their business plans now. I know it was getting bad before but it feels far worse than it used to be. All that pissing about criticising some of them, then a badly edited bit where he suddenly says BUT, XXX, you're fired instead, with what seems a flimsy reason compared with some of the criticism he's just dished out.

That name change though! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2017, 09:32:56 am »
Siimon Jeffrii

:lmao

So much quality in that episode. "Jeffrii" looks weird, let's change it to "Siimon"  :o

You could see it coming, but when the robot introduced himself and their faces fell....  ;D

And why didn't they just dump the storyboard for the first pitch - served no purpose.

Having said all that, I think the boys version was actually a more original and interesting concept - just difficult to break a new market like that and Sugar was always going to get pissed about it.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2017, 10:07:02 am »
warmed to Michaela in this ep...thought she was just a gobby Manc but she lead the boys team well

She was absolutely appalling. She signed off on the target market when others made a valid point about it being a poor choice. She was solely responsible for changing the name after the programming had been done and then spent so long pissing round with the logo design that the sales board was incomplete. Responsible for every major cockup that led to the loss.

She must have a really good business idea for Sugar cos she should have gone.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2017, 11:34:23 am »
She was absolutely appalling. She signed off on the target market when others made a valid point about it being a poor choice. She was solely responsible for changing the name after the programming had been done and then spent so long pissing round with the logo design that the sales board was incomplete. Responsible for every major cockup that led to the loss.

She must have a really good business idea for Sugar cos she should have gone.

She definitely should have gone. Was probably the most blatant example yet of someone being kept in the show because they are either entertaining or have a good business plan.

She was project manager of a losing team.
She signed off on the target market despite being told it was a bad idea by others.
She decided to change the name without informing the sub-team beforehand.
She took too long designing the promo board which led to it being incomplete.

The guy who went was just punished for being quiet.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2017, 12:00:26 pm »
She definitely should have gone. Was probably the most blatant example yet of someone being kept in the show because they are either entertaining or have a good business plan.

She was project manager of a losing team.
She signed off on the target market despite being told it was a bad idea by others.
She decided to change the name without informing the sub-team beforehand.
She took too long designing the promo board which led to it being incomplete.

The guy who went was just punished for being quiet.

the guy who went was a horrible little snake-like Tory sleazeball....fuckin made up he got binned.......as for Michaela....Claude was well impressed with her and he sees everything, not just the edit...that's good enough for me
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2017, 12:09:13 pm »
It's starting to annoy me how Sugar is blatantly keeping people based on their business plans now.

The show's been a nonsense really since the format changed for this exact reason.

As long as it helps make Sugar more money though.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2017, 12:23:24 pm »
In the boardroom Sugar will always get rid of a posh type than someone like Harrison who still struggles to know when to say was and we’re because he can identify with him more. Possibly. Or maybe he just had a shit plan.

Maybe the girl in the Tom Kite specs had no choice but to hold her hands up but it was quite refreshing to see someone admit to the mistakes they made rather than deflect blame for things.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2017, 12:43:53 pm »
In the boardroom Sugar will always get rid of a posh type than someone like Harrison who still struggles to know when to say was and we’re because he can identify with him more. Possibly.

Yep there's a bit of this too. He seems all hot air to me but I guess time will tell.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2017, 01:15:05 pm »

the guy who went was a horrible little snake-like Tory sleazeball....fuckin made up he got binned.......as for Michaela....Claude was well impressed with her and he sees everything, not just the edit...that's good enough for me

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I was definitely glad that he went!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2017, 01:34:51 pm »
It's starting to annoy me how Sugar is blatantly keeping people based on their business plans now. I know it was getting bad before but it feels far worse than it used to be.

Those massive yacht's don't pay for themselves

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2017, 08:31:40 pm »
I think it was the 2010 series the last time I remember it being an actual serious competition. Every year since it’s gradually got more and more ridiculous.

I still love it, but it’s just hilarious car crash stuff now.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2017, 12:58:17 am »
Knew they'd lose as soon as they decided to target the over 60s. I don't know anyone over 60 who would have any interest in a £700 robot. Bizarre to go for that as your target market.

Also the name change thing was just bonkers.

Anyway, glad that useless Tory boy went. Thought he came across as a little twat whereas Michaela actually came across fairly likeable in this task, even if she was a bit useless.

You know - I think that is where it was lost, as you say.

But to interweave another thing I was talking about just is that, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of timeframe involved whereby contestants only get a certain amount of time to choose their target audience. A bit like the rules that they have in place a lot of the programme, but not making the final cut...

Think about it - who the hell wouldn't market a robot to a kid - it is ludicrous to think that they willingly chose an audience like the over 60s.

And this swings in roundabouts, they set up lots of pitfalls in there way and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2017, 07:43:41 am »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2017, 08:34:58 am »
You know - I think that is where it was lost, as you say.

But to interweave another thing I was talking about just is that, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of timeframe involved whereby contestants only get a certain amount of time to choose their target audience. A bit like the rules that they have in place a lot of the programme, but not making the final cut...

Think about it - who the hell wouldn't market a robot to a kid - it is ludicrous to think that they willingly chose an audience like the over 60s.

And this swings in roundabouts, they set up lots of pitfalls in there way and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them.

I was saying something similar to the missus after last week. When they were rushing around to buy the furniture for the hotel task I said that it's like they were given a time limit we aren't told about cos they weren't even discussing it they were just labeling anything and moving on.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2017, 09:51:10 am »
Some of the things they have to have are setting them up to fail. Who the hell wants a feature piece in your hotel room or a big patterned/feature wallpapered wall? I imagine they were limited in what they could ask the programmers as well, Sugar seemed to give it away when he said it could be programmed to give holiday prices or something.

Next week will be the same with the corporate event needing an entertainer, can't say I've been to one at Wembley but hard to imagine you go there for a kids magician or shit singer.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2017, 09:26:52 pm »
Siobhan is a massive twat.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2017, 09:31:36 pm »
Cringing so bad at this.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2017, 09:48:05 pm »
Cringing so bad at this.

Had to leave the room and make a brew it was so bad.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2017, 09:54:53 pm »
Had to leave the room and make a brew it was so bad.
It reminded me of the kids entertainment last year, I could barely watch that one it was so embarrassing.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2017, 09:57:43 pm »
Thank fuck for that, annoying bitch. That Joanna is a right mardy arse too.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2017, 10:09:11 pm »
I hate that greasy haired team leader on the boys (plus some girls) team. What a ridiculous looking human.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2017, 10:14:19 pm »
Thank fuck for that, annoying bitch. That Joanna is a right mardy arse too.

As is Sarah-Jayne. She spent the first few shows arguing and acted like an idiot on this one as well.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2017, 10:19:26 pm »
That northern girl with the gruff voice and Dierdre Barlow glasses.

I hate her.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2017, 11:53:26 pm »
Let's be honest that was a fucking joke of an episode, so it's ok to actually rip people off, put on a shitty spread that only actually covers half of the people who've paid, have 3 bottles of bubbly for a room of 14 people and have some tone deaf meff as your corporate entertainment, oh and don't bring any sort of juice for a pregnant woman just give her a bit of tap water and people are apparently satisfied with this level of service....yep i'm defo buying that and it wasn't rigged as they had to fire one of the girls sooner or later or come about episode 7 there'd have been no boys left on the programme.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2017, 10:02:30 am »
Let's be honest that was a fucking joke of an episode, so it's ok to actually rip people off, put on a shitty spread that only actually covers half of the people who've paid, have 3 bottles of bubbly for a room of 14 people and have some tone deaf meff as your corporate entertainment, oh and don't bring any sort of juice for a pregnant woman just give her a bit of tap water and people are apparently satisfied with this level of service....yep i'm defo buying that and it wasn't rigged as they had to fire one of the girls sooner or later or come about episode 7 there'd have been no boys left on the programme.

Yeah, was a bit silly.

Was thinking initially that both teams weren't as mindbogglingly incompetent this week as previously - but then you realise, everything has been set up for them. all they have to do is choose a few things from a menu and sell popcorn/candy floss to kids outside a football game. Couldn't possibly be easier.

In the real world the boys team would have gotten real shit for producing what they did (think the clients last night were just too polite to complain) and certainly would struggle over the long term with such an approach to business.

But then, what's this got to do with the real world?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2017, 10:17:27 am »
It was so ridiculously obvious the day the girls put on was far superior to what the boys did. I really can't believe there weren't any refunds for the boys. They had no soft drinks for a pregnant woman and served wotsits in a plastic bowl!!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2017, 10:20:58 am »
Where was the girl's entertainment? Or was that supposed to be the 'football facts' speech?

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2017, 12:08:09 pm »
As soon as both "clients" said their budget was £2,500, you knew that they were given that budget by the producers, and I might even suggest with the producers' money too - hence maybe why they didn't feel the need to ask for a refund?

The boys' performance was awful, and in comparison to the girls' box, should never have "won" this challenge - but SrrrAlun did say it was all down to profit and nothing else.

Joanna is horrible as well - looking forward to seeing how she acts as PM next week.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2017, 12:40:47 pm »
It was so ridiculously obvious the day the girls put on was far superior to what the boys did. I really can't believe there weren't any refunds for the boys. They had no soft drinks for a pregnant woman and served wotsits in a plastic bowl!!

It's Britain - how many people complain and ask for refunds? They just go on Tripadvisor and moan afterwards. The boys team had to buy extra drinks and nibbles but they didn't overspend like the girl's team. All of the guests had a main meal so being short of a few canapes wouldn't be a massive problem, in fact it's possible (probable) that not every guest would want canapes. And the event was the match, not the meal.

The girls fucked up by over-ordering. Both teams had the same fee for the box (£2,500) but the girls' profit was rubbish compared to the boys' profit which even masked the shitty job their sub team had made of selling popcorn at a football match. Siobhan was meant to be in events but seemed utterly clueless about margins and matching your ordering to the budget and the client's expectations.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.