Author Topic: Catalan Independence  (Read 45257 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: Catalan Independence
« Reply #120 on: October 1, 2017, 03:14:02 pm »
Another video of police brutality has emerged. This time, Spanish police have been recorded attacking Catalan firefighters.
https://twitter.com/CatalansForYes/status/914473277443031041

Seen that earlier on, fucking awful.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #121 on: October 1, 2017, 03:23:51 pm »
Have the Police been bussed in from other parts of Spain? Are they Catalans themselves?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 1, 2017, 03:24:41 pm »
Las Palmas are twats

why exactly are Las Palmas twats? I thought the whole support for Catalunya today is based on democracy and free speech? Surely that has to go both ways?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 1, 2017, 03:25:56 pm »
Have the Police been bussed in from other parts of Spain? Are they Catalans themselves?
the police were literally shipped in from Madrid. The Catalan police is there too but power has been devolved from them, so they are essentially puppets to Madrid for the day.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: October 1, 2017, 03:27:15 pm »
why exactly are Las Palmas twats? I thought the whole support for Catalunya today is based on democracy and free speech? Surely that has to go both ways?

Why put the flag onto the shirt and then goad Barca on twatter ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #125 on: October 1, 2017, 03:27:18 pm »
Wearing a Spanish flag on their shirt specifically for today when Spanish police are beating the shit out of Catalonians and throwing them down flights of stairs is provocation. Why do they need to wear the flag? Is there a vote happening in the rest of Spain where they get to decide if Catalonia stays or leaves?

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #126 on: October 1, 2017, 03:31:46 pm »
What's going on is the disgraceful and distasteful for a supposedly democratic country. Its like something that used to gonon in the Soviet Union or East Germany pre Berlin wall.

Let the people speak
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 1, 2017, 03:32:38 pm »

If i knew how Paul ;D Its on Twitter so how do I get a link for it?

https://twitter.com/thespainreport/status/914476743452495872
Thanks for that mate.

The poor bugger probably went outside and got a good yarking by the fascist pigs who are attacking everybody, children, females, old people.    :(

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #128 on: October 1, 2017, 03:34:55 pm »
What's going on is the disgraceful and distasteful for a supposedly democratic country. Its like something that used to gonon in the Soviet Union or East Germany pre Berlin wall.

Let the people speak

Even if they don't want to let the people speak, surely the better course of action would have been simply to allow to vote to go ahead peacefully and then ignore the outcome since the vote isn't legally binding? All the Spanish government are doing is further entrenching division and resentment with their disgraceful actions.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 1, 2017, 03:36:11 pm »
Wearing a Spanish flag on their shirt specifically for today when Spanish police are beating the shit out of Catalonians and throwing them down flights of stairs is provocation. Why do they need to wear the flag? Is there a vote happening in the rest of Spain where they get to decide if Catalonia stays or leaves?
you would assume it was a decision they knew they would make, knowing the illegal referendum was due to happen today. If catalunya has every right to free speech and democracy and they can fly the catalan flag then shouldnt everyone else be entitled to say that actually, its our country and our problem too and we would prefer to be united?

No, there is no vote for the rest of spain but that is exactly the point. Catalunya has no legal basis for this referendum, and if they were to leave then potentially they could be leaving a lot of spain in the lurch. Yes, it could be argued that they "deserve" more back out of the pot but thats not how society works or how it should work, outside of thatcherite every man for himself attitudes. Its like germany saying "we're better off than the rest of you, bye bye EU".

Many parts of spain feel let down by Barcelona, a region that has had many concessions made towards it and is about as autonomous as it can get already. A lot of people want their country to be unified rather than more divided and if barca can argue one side then of course las palmas should be able to as well.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #130 on: October 1, 2017, 03:47:51 pm »
Thanks for that mate.

The poor bugger probably went outside and got a good yarking by the fascist pigs who are attacking everybody, children, females, old people.    :(

https://twitter.com/GissiSim/status/914494287525629957
Catalan police protecting peaceful voters from Spanish state police.
Good for them!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 1, 2017, 03:50:49 pm »
A lot of people want their country to be unified rather than more divided and if barca can argue one side then of course las palmas should be able to as well.

So they send in the Fascist thugs from Madrid just to show them how much they love them.

Fuck that,all today has done is make sure that this will run & run & run & run & run &run.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 1, 2017, 03:52:52 pm »
So they send in the Fascist thugs from Madrid just to show them how much they love them.

They? Don't judge ordinary people by the actions of their government.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 1, 2017, 03:54:12 pm »

Fuck that,all today has done is make sure that this will run & run & run & run & run &run.
what has that got to do with las palmas? Theyve done fuck all wrong.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #134 on: October 1, 2017, 03:54:26 pm »
Another video of police brutality has emerged. This time, Spanish police have been recorded attacking Catalan firefighters.
https://twitter.com/CatalansForYes/status/914473277443031041
seems like the Castillian government sent their best thugs to "manage" the Catalans. That's what governments with something to lose do.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #135 on: October 1, 2017, 03:55:32 pm »
Las Palmas said they would stitch the Spanish flag to their jersey (in spite of Barcelona)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 1, 2017, 03:56:00 pm »

Governments are one of the reasons why places want independence. Its ok to say the people can all get along and all that, but the government is an important factor.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 1, 2017, 03:56:10 pm »
Las Palmas said they would stitch the Spanish flag to their jersey (in spite of Barcelona)
you would assume it was a decision they knew they would make, knowing the illegal referendum was due to happen today. If catalunya has every right to free speech and democracy and they can fly the catalan flag then shouldnt everyone else be entitled to say that actually, its our country and our problem too and we would prefer to be united?

No, there is no vote for the rest of spain but that is exactly the point. Catalunya has no legal basis for this referendum, and if they were to leave then potentially they could be leaving a lot of spain in the lurch. Yes, it could be argued that they "deserve" more back out of the pot but thats not how society works or how it should work, outside of thatcherite every man for himself attitudes. Its like germany saying "we're better off than the rest of you, bye bye EU".

Many parts of spain feel let down by Barcelona, a region that has had many concessions made towards it and is about as autonomous as it can get already. A lot of people want their country to be unified rather than more divided and if barca can argue one side then of course las palmas should be able to as well.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 1, 2017, 03:56:51 pm »
They? Don't judge ordinary people by the actions of their government.

They being the government and if they (the people) are silent whilst this is going on or spout crap like it was an illegal vote so the police were protecting the law then THEY the people are as culpable as the fascist cops who are doing the beating.

Sending riot cops into a small village for fucks sake and then to top it off those riot cops attacked peaceful citizens for no good reason.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #139 on: October 1, 2017, 03:57:00 pm »
Politics and sport eh?
« Last Edit: October 1, 2017, 03:59:41 pm by Anywhichwayucan »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #140 on: October 1, 2017, 03:58:37 pm »

I think there's thousands that are staying in two large ships in the harbour.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 1, 2017, 04:01:43 pm »
The Guardia Civil, Spain’s military law enforcement agency, has launched a social media attack on Catalan’s local police force, the Mossos, over their response to the referendum.

A heated standoff between the two forces has been posted on a Guardia Civil Twitter page with the caption “Some seem to be unclear. Shameful.”

https://twitter.com/AUGC_Comunica/status/914476437784158208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2Flive%2F2017%2Foct%2F01%2Fcatalan-independence-referendum-spain-catalonia-vote-live

https://twitter.com/AUGC_Comunica/status/914496096738652160

Has stopped me from getting too nervous about our game...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 1, 2017, 04:04:18 pm »
Ada Colau‏Verified account @AdaColau

Ada Colau Retweeted Ajuntament de BCN

Over 460 people injured in Catalonia already. As Mayor of BCN I demand an immediate end to police charges against the defenceless population

https://twitter.com/AdaColau/status/914501386519433217

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #143 on: October 1, 2017, 04:05:11 pm »

Do you believe a Madrid based government would ever willingly create a scenario whereby Catalonia or the Basque region for that matter could vote themselves out?

I sincerely doubt it. So having a legal basis to vote is an unlikely scenario for the Catalans. So they are attempting to take matters into their own hands by exercising their own vote for independence. There are parallels here to the options (albiet legal) available in Northern Ireland.

Btw, had Kosovo a legal right to be annexed from Serbia?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 1, 2017, 04:06:05 pm »
The videos of the Spanish police battering everyone are infuriating. Fucking c*nts in their helmets and full body protection clubbing the shit out of peaceful civilians. Absolute scum they are.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #145 on: October 1, 2017, 04:09:37 pm »
Barcelona ordered to play their game behind closed doors.

Be a strong 'fuck you' if they refused to play.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 1, 2017, 04:10:05 pm »
They being the government and if they (the people) are silent whilst this is going on or spout crap like it was an illegal vote so the police were protecting the law then THEY the people are as culpable as the fascist cops who are doing the beating.

Sending riot cops into a small village for fucks sake and then to top it off those riot cops attacked peaceful citizens for no good reason.

I think you may be conflating two issues. One is the absolute disgraceful barbaric behaviour of the Spanish police. The other is the fact that lots of (peaceful) Spaniards, including Catalans, want Catalonia to remain part of Spain.

It seems to me that shit really hit the fan with the police brutality today, whereas Las Palmas could probably have been planning this Spanish flag thing since before today. In which case, it probably is just a well meaning sign of unity and should be taken like that heartwarming clip of the guy draped in a Spanish flag who, after voting, got a round of applause. 

Look, maybe you're right and history will teach us that the small Canary Island club of Las Palmas were in fact a bunch fascist c*nts after all, but right now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 1, 2017, 04:10:07 pm »

It's half-time...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #148 on: October 1, 2017, 04:10:42 pm »

It's already half time.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #149 on: October 1, 2017, 04:11:08 pm »

They’d be punishing themselves though... a points deduction surely?

It’s one of those occasions where football does matter though... Barca the flag bearers for the region, it’s highly symbolic...

Still, how difficult is it? Don’t beat people up if they are doing a peaceful protest... fucking simple isn’t it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 1, 2017, 04:12:02 pm »
I haven't been following too closely but have International leaders actually said anything about this? The likes of Trump, May and Merkel should be piling the pressure on the Spanish Government.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 1, 2017, 04:12:34 pm »
I haven't been following too closely but have International leaders actually said anything about this? The likes of Trump, May and Merkel should be piling the pressure on the Spanish Government to stop what they're doing.
What’s the right thing to say? Trump will do the exact opposite..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #152 on: October 1, 2017, 04:15:29 pm »
https://twitter.com/GissiSim/status/914494287525629957
Catalan police protecting peaceful voters from Spanish state police.
Good for them!

Fantastic.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #153 on: October 1, 2017, 04:15:57 pm »
It's half-time...

Probably a bit late then..

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 1, 2017, 04:16:25 pm »
Probably a bit late then..
And apparently the players wanted to play.. but the board didn’t...
W

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 1, 2017, 04:19:21 pm »
Is there any indication what the result of a fully legal independence referedum would be in Catalonia? Any polls etc?
« Last Edit: October 1, 2017, 04:23:32 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 1, 2017, 04:19:33 pm »
Barca would have lost the game 0-3 if they hadn't played, I heard.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #157 on: October 1, 2017, 04:21:04 pm »
Even if they don't want to let the people speak, surely the better course of action would have been simply to allow to vote to go ahead peacefully and then ignore the outcome since the vote isn't legally binding? All the Spanish government are doing is further entrenching division and resentment with their disgraceful actions.
exactly, all they are doing is making things much much worse
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #158 on: October 1, 2017, 04:25:20 pm »
Spanish police are acting like rabid animals today.

These ppl are peaceful. Brutally beaten.

https://twitter.com/GissiSim/status/914492843368091648

:wanker
Y.N.W.A.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #159 on: October 1, 2017, 04:25:21 pm »
The central government is behaving with a reckless level of stupidity and brutality. This will bring many, many over to the independence side and sour any relationship with the central government. Rajoy is fucked now.