Author Topic: FIFA 18  (Read 47226 times)

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA 18
« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2017, 12:01:48 am »
Heard Butland isn't as OP this FIFA, I guess it depends on what the rest of your squad looks like?
De Gea has great links for chemistry if you wanna stick him in a La Liga team too so you'd be sorted for a keeper all year, or you could sell and improve the rest of your squad since keepers are dodgy as fuck at the moment!

1st choice

Butland, Moreno, VVD, Smalling, Clyne, Coutinho, Bakayoko, Sane, Firmino, Salah, Mane

2nd choice

Karius, Van Aanholt, Hummels (can't trade), Tah, Cedric, Can, Hendo, Gini, Ox, Vardy, Gray

I basically rotate the sides to keep on top of fitness. 2 games with the 1st XI, 1 game with the 2nd XI.

I'm relatively new to FUT, really, so I might be doing it wrong... I've been doing the Squad Battles and loads of SBC's lately.

I did think that about the keepers though, as they're generally shite in this FIFA I might just stick with a shit Butland over a shit DDG for the sake of 200k+ coins.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2017, 07:35:06 am »
1st choice

Butland, Moreno, VVD, Smalling, Clyne, Coutinho, Bakayoko, Sane, Firmino, Salah, Mane

2nd choice

Karius, Van Aanholt, Hummels (can't trade), Tah, Cedric, Can, Hendo, Gini, Ox, Vardy, Gray

I basically rotate the sides to keep on top of fitness. 2 games with the 1st XI, 1 game with the 2nd XI.

I'm relatively new to FUT, really, so I might be doing it wrong... I've been doing the Squad Battles and loads of SBC's lately.

I did think that about the keepers though, as they're generally shite in this FIFA I might just stick with a shit Butland over a shit DDG for the sake of 200k+ coins.
Nah don't worry, you're doing it right!  ;D
I'd sell De Gea if I were you and just upgrade your squads, keepers aren't game changers this FIFA but some outfield players are!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #322 on: October 19, 2017, 11:03:46 am »
I ended up with basically Juve/Bayern/Dortmund in 17 for my FUT

Buffon, Alves, Barzagli, Hummels, Alaba, Thiago, Pjanic, Dybala, Robben, Reus, Aubameyang

That's gonna be practically impossible to get on 18 right, unless you get really lucky or spend lots of money or time on it?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: October 19, 2017, 02:09:39 pm »
Nah don't worry, you're doing it right!  ;D
I'd sell De Gea if I were you and just upgrade your squads, keepers aren't game changers this FIFA but some outfield players are!

Good to know!

Sold DDG now for 225k.

Never had this many coins so literally have no idea who to get now haha

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2017, 07:02:21 pm »
Won the League Cup, league and champions league in my first season on career mode with us. Got to the semis of the FA cup but Spurs fluked it against me.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2017, 08:38:35 pm »
Won the League Cup, league and champions league in my first season on career mode with us. Got to the semis of the FA cup but Spurs fluked it against me.

What difficulty? haven't started the career mode yet. what transfers did you make first 2 windows?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2017, 08:44:34 pm »
What difficulty? haven't started the career mode yet. what transfers did you make first 2 windows?

Legendary mate. Didn’t have transfers on for the summer window as wanted to keep it realistic then signed VVD and Keita in Jan. They both elevated the team to the next level and I had the league wrapped up with about 5 games to go. Beat Benfica in the CL final 3-0.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2017, 07:42:24 am »
Slightly addicted to UT having never played it before. . .

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2017, 10:58:31 am »

Thats the only thing I play apart from Pro Clubs :)
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2017, 02:47:46 pm »

It's incredibly addictive. Great game mode.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: October 22, 2017, 10:53:20 pm »
Overpowered in 17 as well. The shit that Rooney still does is a joke. They have Rooney and Ibra playing like in their prime.

How good they were in 17 was fucking scandalous, couldn't play them without them scoring at least two worldies
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: October 22, 2017, 11:05:15 pm »
Genuinely the worst Fifa in my lifetime

I've barely had it 2 days and I feel the same way. I can't believe EA have had the cheek to release a game with this many flaws.

There's a list as long as your arm. Refereeing, especially against the AI, is absolutely shocking. You so much as breathe on an opposition player and it's a free kick, they'll go through the back of you 2 footed though and it's sound.

Keepers seemingly just don't bother saving anything for the most part, unless it's a penalty in which case you've got fuck all hope of scoring no matter how far in the corner it is. You could put it in the side netting and even Pickford will get a hand to it.

The difficulty settings are still absolutely mental with almost no consistency whatsoever, win every game 7-0 on Professional or play against Barcelona every game on World Class.

I could go on and on and on.

I think the thing that bugs me the most though is it genuinely feels like your players are running through treacle. Even quick players, everyone is SO slow to turn, SO slow to react, it's absolutely infuriating.

I'll keep playing it because I love football and I love scoring beautiful goals but EA have managed to take what should be an enjoyable experience and have turned into a frustrating bore.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #332 on: October 23, 2017, 05:38:18 pm »
Legendary mate. Didn’t have transfers on for the summer window as wanted to keep it realistic then signed VVD and Keita in Jan. They both elevated the team to the next level and I had the league wrapped up with about 5 games to go. Beat Benfica in the CL final 3-0.

Damn that's impressive. Gonna start the career mode in a few days. Guarantee I will have transfers on and will spend every damn penny allotted to in the transfer kitty. I guess I will target a top 4 finish if I play on Legendary.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2017, 07:23:40 pm »
Value of some players plummeting now.

Bought cheapest Salah available at 29k a couple of weeks ago - now going for 15k.

Bought cheapest Mane for 115k, now going for 70k.

Makes me ill.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2017, 07:45:17 pm »
Value of some players plummeting now.

Bought cheapest Salah available at 29k a couple of weeks ago - now going for 15k.

Bought cheapest Mane for 115k, now going for 70k.

Makes me ill.

They should all be slowly going back up now.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2017, 07:57:17 pm »
They should all be slowly going back up now.

Why's that mate? Genuinely don't know...

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2017, 08:08:43 pm »
Why's that mate? Genuinely don't know...

Some people were thinking that EA were going to release TOTY (was never going to happen). So people started panic selling. Which meant all cards were getting undercut.

They might not go up to their original values, but shouldn't be anywhere near as low as they are now.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 23, 2017, 08:32:36 pm »
Some people were thinking that EA were going to release TOTY (was never going to happen). So people started panic selling. Which meant all cards were getting undercut.

They might not go up to their original values, but shouldn't be anywhere near as low as they are now.

Fair enough.... How do you know this kind of stuff, though? Feel like there's some tips/tricks I'm missing out on when it comes to FUT.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #338 on: October 23, 2017, 08:35:15 pm »
Fair enough.... How do you know this kind of stuff, though? Feel like there's some tips/tricks I'm missing out on when it comes to FUT.

Just from past experience and following some FUT traders on Twitter.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 26, 2017, 02:37:43 pm »
Playing against United on this game is an utter chore yet again. De Gea just saves everything and keeps the other player in the game long enough to get a cheap equaliser.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 28, 2017, 12:56:03 pm »
Sanchez (Spurs CB), Wanyama, Son and Antonio are unreal on UT.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2017, 07:53:57 pm »
Just got mbappe in a pack, keep or sell n get more coins? my squad otherwise is pretty standard, all premiership players but nobody really better than lallana, got clyne in a pack too who i'll probably keep

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2017, 08:46:07 pm »
Just got mbappe in a pack, keep or sell n get more coins? my squad otherwise is pretty standard, all premiership players but nobody really better than lallana, got clyne in a pack too who i'll probably keep

Keep. He's a machine.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: November 2, 2017, 12:52:06 pm »
They’ve ruined it with the last patch.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #344 on: November 2, 2017, 02:55:47 pm »
They’ve ruined it with the last patch.

what changed? Haven't downloaded yet

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: November 2, 2017, 02:56:43 pm »
what changed? Haven't downloaded yet
Through balls useless again, players don’t make smart runs anymore. AI defending sticks to your forwards like glue.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #346 on: November 2, 2017, 03:00:04 pm »
Through balls useless again, players don’t make smart runs anymore. AI defending sticks to your forwards like glue.

NOOOOO wtf.  was finally glad thru balls were working how they were supposed to.  :butt

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: November 2, 2017, 03:05:31 pm »

NOOOOO wtf.  was finally glad thru balls were working how they were supposed to.  :butt
They always revert to type, don’t know why I thought this year would be any different. I can’t play Pes either because the AI is atrocious.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #348 on: November 2, 2017, 03:15:02 pm »
Keep. He's a machine.

Whats happened to you in the Pro Clubs kid?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: November 2, 2017, 03:21:24 pm »
Whats happened to you in the Pro Clubs kid?

What do you mean mate? In regards to how shit I’ve been lately? :D

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: November 2, 2017, 04:47:16 pm »

They’ve only changed the through balls where you are swivelling more than 90 degrees and passing in one movement because it was unrealistically accurate. Anything less than that remains the same.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #351 on: November 2, 2017, 05:07:56 pm »
What do you mean mate? In regards to how shit I’ve been lately? :D

Hahaha, naw as in Ive not seen you play for us in ages, bar the other day?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: November 2, 2017, 05:22:14 pm »
Hahaha, naw as in Ive not seen you play for us in ages, bar the other day?

I know mate life had gotten in the way but should be more available now.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #353 on: November 2, 2017, 05:27:32 pm »
I know mate life had gotten in the way but should be more available now.

No worries kid :D

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: November 2, 2017, 06:47:13 pm »
They’ve only changed the through balls where you are swivelling more than 90 degrees and passing in one movement because it was unrealistically accurate. Anything less than that remains the same.
It also includes backheels though, also the AI defending is definitely better, at launch you had to manually position your defender of choice to make an interception. Obviously that requires too much brainpower.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2017, 06:50:41 pm by thelinnen »

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 2, 2017, 08:26:30 pm »
It also includes backheels though, also the AI defending is definitely better, at launch you had to manually position your defender of choice to make an interception. Obviously that requires too much brainpower.

It requires too much for me  ;D

Honestly though I haven't noticed much of a difference with the new patch. It certainly hasn't forced me to modify the way I play.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #356 on: November 3, 2017, 05:25:28 pm »
How long should installation take? Been on 78% for hours.. :no
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #357 on: November 3, 2017, 05:29:04 pm »
Mine did that, google it, i think mine was not fully downloaded or something. Check your downloads/updates

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #358 on: November 3, 2017, 06:38:48 pm »
Mine did that, google it, i think mine was not fully downloaded or something. Check your downloads/updates

Everything seems in line. Still on 78%. Checked online, nothing informative. I suppose it's a matter of patience. Fancied a quiet night in with a beer or two.

Nice one EA  :wanker

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #359 on: November 12, 2017, 09:16:19 am »
Anywhere I can pick this up, code or hard copy, for under 40 quid yet?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.