Author Topic: Trouble shooting Printers  (Read 2819 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Trouble shooting Printers
« on: April 12, 2016, 08:09:46 pm »
I have this HP Deskjet 1510 printer and I can not get it to print automatically. Every time I try and get it to print the attention light flashes. I have tried the usual checking for paper jams, checked there is no blockage on the carriage and the ink is installed properly. As far as I can tell every thing is okay. But I still cannot print. Does anyone else have this problem, or any ideas what else I can try? Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:22:55 am by John C »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Re: Trouble shooting a HP Deskjet 1510 Printer.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 12:14:18 am »
Trouble shooting your HP printer?

This is how to do it...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y5DPEzGEAqs?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y5DPEzGEAqs?fs=1</a>

Have you tried taking the safety off? ;)
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 07:24:51 pm »
Very funny.  ;D

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 10:23:18 pm »
have you tried uninstalling software... reboot PC then add printer via usb, windows should 'see' it & install software
or go HP and download drivers.. save to desktop & install them from there..
you could use 'Driver Booster 3'.. it's free and will scan & install drivers you need for PC..  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 07:39:48 am »
have you tried uninstalling software... reboot PC then add printer via usb, windows should 'see' it & install software
or go HP and download drivers.. save to desktop & install them from there..
you could use 'Driver Booster 3'.. it's free and will scan & install drivers you need for PC..  :wave

Thanks for that, I will give it a try tonight.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 02:09:56 pm »
I hate printers.

Some of the HP printers I've had are overloaded with crap software which seems to conflict with other programs.  In the past I have had some success with disconnecting and uninstalling the printer but then reinstall using only the 'bare' drivers.

HP support fortunately is quite good at providing drivers, this looks like the page for yours:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-1510-All-in-One-Printer-series/5157551/model/5157552

Instead of the 'HP Deskjet 1510 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers' (93.9 MB) try downloading and installing the 'HP Deskjet 1510 All-in-One Printer series Basic Driver' (30.1 MB).

And don't do it at any time before kick off tonight.  It is widely known that all printers are bastards and no matter how simple the problem seems, they will definitely try to frustrate you and draw you in so that you miss the game.  ;)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 06:13:02 pm »
I hate printers.

Some of the HP printers I've had are overloaded with crap software which seems to conflict with other programs.  In the past I have had some success with disconnecting and uninstalling the printer but then reinstall using only the 'bare' drivers.

HP support fortunately is quite good at providing drivers, this looks like the page for yours:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-1510-All-in-One-Printer-series/5157551/model/5157552

Instead of the 'HP Deskjet 1510 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers' (93.9 MB) try downloading and installing the 'HP Deskjet 1510 All-in-One Printer series Basic Driver' (30.1 MB).

And don't do it at any time before kick off tonight.  It is widely known that all printers are bastards and no matter how simple the problem seems, they will definitely try to frustrate you and draw you in so that you miss the game.  ;)

Thanks for all that. I know this is an annoying problem its driving me ape, as I just can't print anything without it taking half an hour. I will give this a try as well, though not before the game as you say.  ;)

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 06:36:49 pm »
I have an Epson SX235W and it's a right bellend. Don't get one of them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 06:52:31 pm »
I have an Epson SX235W and it's a right bellend. Don't get one of them.

Thanks for that tip I am hoping I won't need a new one.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 05:22:13 pm »
I work in HP. Fixing printers most of the time. I'll check the model and get back to you. Is it still under warranty?

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 05:25:43 pm »
Can you post an image of which lights are flashing? Sounds like a cartridge problem. Did you recently buy new supplies?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 1, 2016, 07:48:57 pm »
Can you post an image of which lights are flashing? Sounds like a cartridge problem. Did you recently buy new supplies?

Sorry I didn't see your post it is the Attention Light which is by the X switch. As for cartridges I buy the HP invent ones from Wilkinson's. I have always used these ones, without any trouble before.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2016, 02:03:49 pm »
Yeah, it sounds like a cartridge problem. Can you return them? If you could post a picture I might be able to tell you which one is giving the problem.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Any print experts out there?
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 01:12:13 pm »
I'm having trouble with my printer. Any lines that aren't black are coming out fuzzy, dashed and generally not sharp in comparison with black lines. I know it's the printer as I've printed this to PDF and it looks as expected. Once physically printed out though it looks like the attached. Does anyone know which setting I need to change in my printers preferences to fix this??

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Any print experts out there?
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 03:43:32 pm »
Are you saying printer preferences as you dread the physical side?   ;D

That looks like a dodgy colour cartridge in one way or another. Seen something really similar when a bit of tape was left on the head of the cartridge. Could just need reseating. Open that baby up!

The only real settings that affect ink like that are draft / quality, usually in the printer properties > settings, but if it was software I'd expect it to affect black too. There are in theory other, more obscure software causes... Drivers, namely, possibly DPI settings depending on what you're printing from. We'd need to know a bit more, what printer it is for example. If it's a HP Inkjet for example, you might be able to adjust ink levels to correct it...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:57:44 pm by ToneLa »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Any print experts out there?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 06:25:12 pm »