Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2011096 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #7680 on: April 19, 2018, 01:38:19 am »
Milik has only played 191 min of football so he's not included. The other two are listed as Midfielders by Opta so are not included in this chart.

Ah makes sense now.

Wasn't aware of that on Milik. Makes sense now why I haven't seen him yet this season. He showed up well last year.

Opta need to get their shit together and have more than 4 positions for players. It's like they based their system on Premier Manager from 1992 and can't evolve. Actually I can't blame them, that game was boss as fuck :D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:52:08 am by BabuYagu »
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7681 on: April 19, 2018, 05:38:17 am »
We need it sorted before the WC, ideally it would have already been sorted as I can see PSG/Madrid even Barca activating the release clause - especially if he has a stellar wc.

Frankly he should know that no other team will suit him as much as Liverpool for it was Klopp who moulded him into the player that he now is and the system to suit him and not only Salah. Least of all PSG and Madrid that are dominated by "galacticos" and Barcelkona that has its own overarching system.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7682 on: April 19, 2018, 07:04:55 am »
Opta list him as a Midfielder (I know!) so he's not included here.

Is it easy to pull the same chart together for midfielders?

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7683 on: April 19, 2018, 08:26:58 am »
Is it easy to pull the same chart together for midfielders?

Yep, although it starts getting a little more crowded... I'll post this here but it's not really Firmino related.

Bear in mind that this includes all midfielders (defensive and attacking alike) as well as some forwards, I'm currently working on something to help separate this further/better than the current Opta settings.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #7684 on: April 19, 2018, 08:41:59 am »
Yep, although it starts getting a little more crowded... I'll post this here but it's not really Firmino related.

Bear in mind that this includes all midfielders (defensive and attacking alike) as well as some forwards, I'm currently working on something to help separate this further/better than the current Opta settings.

Look at Keita. Wow.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7685 on: April 19, 2018, 08:48:35 am »
Seems like Bentaleb is having a stormer based on that

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #7686 on: April 19, 2018, 08:49:40 am »

Joe Allen  :o

Edit: Nvm that's another Allen at the bottom left.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7687 on: April 19, 2018, 09:03:07 am »
It is impressive to see how well Lucas Leiva is doing in Lazio and showing his quality as defensive midfielder.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7688 on: April 19, 2018, 10:54:17 am »
Not just the league - don't forget he went back to spain, initially with Sevilla on loan, and was pretty poor.  It was only when he went back to Celta that he started scoring again, and it was pretty immediate.  Remember reading about how much he loves Celta, the fact he is from there, etc. - which was being given as the reason he failed everywhere else.
must be a player in there given hes playing for spain now. though euro 2016 they werent really awash with striking talent even though they sometimes play without one anyway

think he even outscored Griezemann one season recently
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7689 on: April 19, 2018, 11:37:54 am »
Seems like Bentaleb is having a stormer based on that

He looked a very good player at Tottenham, was so shocked they let him leave. I'd forgotten all about him until i saw his name in the line up when i watched Schalke Dortmund the other day

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7690 on: April 19, 2018, 11:40:58 am »
He looked a very good player at Tottenham, was so shocked they let him leave. I'd forgotten all about him until i saw his name in the line up when i watched Schalke Dortmund the other day

Harry Kane still claims him as a Spurs player.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #7691 on: April 19, 2018, 01:06:11 pm »
Harry Kane still claims him as a Spurs player.

Speaking of ex-Spurs player. I think even Bale is below, much below the level of Firmino. He rarely gets other players involved in his game and now that the kick and run trick is not working, I don't really know what else he is good at. Ronaldo changed his game to suit his aging body but Bale can't seem to do that.

I might still be tempted to get him about 2 years ago but his recent form has been so bad that no wonder he got booed.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7692 on: April 19, 2018, 01:27:50 pm »
It is impressive to see how well Lucas Leiva is doing in Lazio and showing his quality as defensive midfielder.

Impressive? Yes. Surprising? No. I do miss him, we've got some fine Brazilians here haven't we :)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #7693 on: April 19, 2018, 01:35:15 pm »
Any updates on his new deal? I suggest a lifetime contract

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #7694 on: April 19, 2018, 01:57:56 pm »
Can't help but notice Suso on the earlier chart too...
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7695 on: April 19, 2018, 02:55:17 pm »

Probably best I don't tell you where Luis Alberto is on the Midfielders' Chart then.

Has anyone found Wally yet?

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #7696 on: April 19, 2018, 03:30:10 pm »
In the 130-year history of Football, Roberto Firmino becomes the first player to create 50+ chances and complete 60+ tackles in a single season

Add to that, 14 assists and 25 goals this season and counting!

@footballfact

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7697 on: April 19, 2018, 03:31:12 pm »
In the 130-year history of Football, Roberto Firmino becomes the first player to create 50+ chances and complete 60+ tackles in a single season

@footballfact

Given the progression of the modern forward he almost certainly is, but detailed stats have only been recorded since 2006

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7698 on: April 19, 2018, 03:31:32 pm »

Good for him. Needless to say he wouldn't get near to our first team.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7699 on: April 19, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »
Given the progression of the modern forward he almost certainly is, but detailed stats have only been recorded since 2006

Very true. Certainly nobody was counting tackles or chances on a consistent basis prior to that. Even assists were a grey area until the turn of the century.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #7700 on: April 19, 2018, 04:01:14 pm »

@footballfact

Americans like to call it quadruple-double.

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7701 on: April 19, 2018, 04:04:51 pm »
Probably best I don't tell you where Luis Alberto is on the Midfielders' Chart then.

Has anyone found Wally yet?

Is Alberto doing well?

Good for him. Needless to say he wouldn't get near to our first team.

And yeah, I don't think Suso would be displacing the front three, or even a couple of our mids, but I wouldn't put it past him to be challenging in the middle.  We have a good unit, but it's not like our mids are immoveable in the same way our forwards are.  Would've liked to see him develop in this philosophy. But that is probably nostalgia, I always liked him.

But I didn't mean to spark anything with my comment. Just an observation.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:06:55 pm by Fluke »

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7702 on: April 19, 2018, 04:13:37 pm »
Is Alberto doing well?

And yeah, I don't think Suso would be displacing the front three, or even a couple of our mids, but I wouldn't put it past him to be challenging in the middle.  We have a good unit, but it's not like our mids are immoveable in the same way our forwards are.  Would've liked to see him develop in this philosophy. But that is probably nostalgia, I always liked him.

But I didn't mean to spark anything with my comment. Just an observation.

Yeah, it's great to see him doing well, obviously would have been better if he had made it here, but I don't think he would be suitable for our game now. Goes double for Luis Alberto, extremely skillful, but I can't see him adapting to the pressing game.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7703 on: April 19, 2018, 04:37:34 pm »
Is Alberto doing well?

"On Wednesday night, Luis Alberto became the first player in Serie A this season to register double figures for both goals (11) and assists (12) as Lazio landed a 4-3 win over Fiorentina. The former Liverpool man has been sensational for the Rome outfit this term and he is expected to play a key role in Lazio’s push for a top-3 finish. "

In case you're wondering he's the green circle just above Silva in the top Left quadrant (Midfielders).

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7704 on: April 19, 2018, 06:22:26 pm »
Haha, wow.

Yeah, agreed. Glad they're doing well.  If they would've fit the system, they'll probably be back haha.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7705 on: April 19, 2018, 06:45:19 pm »

@footballfact
This isn't true

https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/986899284846145536?s=19

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #7706 on: April 19, 2018, 06:55:36 pm »
This isn't true

https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/986899284846145536?s=19

Opta have been around about 20 years. Wonder where he got his data from for the 110 years before them.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7707 on: April 19, 2018, 07:05:37 pm »
Opta have been around about 20 years. Wonder where he got his data from for the 110 years before them.
Didn't need them to disprove it as it's been done so often in just the last 15 years

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7708 on: April 19, 2018, 07:18:32 pm »
Any updates on his new deal? I suggest a lifetime contract

I'll be honest, I'm a little apprehensive about him not having signed a new deal yet. I doubt anything's going to get announced whilst we're still in the Champions League so hopefully soon after that. He's perfect for this team.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #7709 on: April 19, 2018, 07:39:06 pm »
Quickly threw this together from the top 5 leagues & the Championship based on this post, just to see potential backups. Remember to factor in the leagues when taking into account the stats here....

I've just thrown in the Forwards as defined by Opta but take that with a pinch of salt, for example you won't find Mane in here as he is listed as a Midfield player by Opta.

For further breakdown feel free to check the tableau page where you can filter by league and also see full name /club when hovering.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/jcbviz#!/vizhome/AttackingvsDefensiveStats17042018/AttackingvsDefensiveStats-Forwards?publish=yes

Edit: Forgot to mention I have filtered the above by players who have played more than 900 minutes this season.

Call it simplistic, but surely the ideal solution as backup to Firmino is to take someone who has the attacking stats and then get them to make one more tackle a game. Easier than it sounds I know but that's what Klopp's specialty has been. Taking players to the next level
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7710 on: April 19, 2018, 07:42:34 pm »
Call it simplistic, but surely the ideal solution as backup to Firmino is to take someone who has the attacking stats and then get them to make one more tackle a game. Easier than it sounds I know but that's what Klopp's specialty has been. Taking players to the next level

Surely the other way round?

Take someone who does the running as a natural part of their game, and ideally in our team they’d see their attacking numbers rise.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7711 on: April 19, 2018, 07:46:36 pm »
I'll be honest, I'm a little apprehensive about him not having signed a new deal yet. I doubt anything's going to get announced whilst we're still in the Champions League so hopefully soon after that. He's perfect for this team.

I can't see any reason why either the club or the player wouldn't want a deal sorted out so it should be fine.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7712 on: April 20, 2018, 08:16:26 pm »
I can't see any reason why either the club or the player wouldn't want a deal sorted out so it should be fine.

Well, depends who's interested in Firmino ;)

Though if he helps us win the Champions League, I might be less disappointed.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7713 on: April 20, 2018, 09:52:36 pm »
If you think about it, he’s actually close to the perfect player. Only other player in world football I’ve said that about in my life watching football, is Gerrard.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #7714 on: April 21, 2018, 07:05:55 am »
If you think about it, he’s actually close to the perfect player. Only other player in world football I’ve said that about in my life watching football, is Gerrard.

He doesn't have pace. If he had that he'd be elite level.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7715 on: April 21, 2018, 07:14:09 am »
He doesn't have pace. If he had that he'd be elite level.

Good all round player but at times not decisive and ruthless enough in front of goal. Swansea misses come to mind and last match took ages to strike on goal, ending up with a Bournemouth defender blocking his shot. A few shots skied high above the bar or at keeper’s ideal height for a save.

Not criticising, but pointing out areas for improvement- which, if addressed, will even make a complete world class package.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7716 on: April 21, 2018, 07:23:50 am »
Good all round player but at times not decisive and ruthless enough in front of goal. Swansea misses come to mind and last match took ages to strike on goal, ending up with a Bournemouth defender blocking his shot. A few shots skied high above the bar or at keeper’s ideal height for a save.

Not criticising, but pointing out areas for improvement- which, if addressed, will even make a complete world class package.

Genuinely think he was trying to set up Mo there
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #7717 on: April 21, 2018, 08:04:30 am »

Agree. His current contract where he gets (increasingly) rewarded for goals makes his unselfishness even more remarkable!
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7718 on: April 21, 2018, 09:02:13 am »

He was. Mo has even said in a recent interview that our players are all trying to set him up and think he was alluding to that chance.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #7719 on: April 21, 2018, 10:46:03 am »
Anyone called him 'the first postmodernist striker' yet? If not I baggsy it!!

Only known to Liverpool and hipster dude footballer fans , thats he's actually the best none postition specific footballer in Europe.

Also, he seems daft as a brush!