Author Topic: Gordon Taylor  (Read 25386 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gordon Taylor
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2012, 11:57:15 am »
He had a bit more leverage than others.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/sep/08/phone-hacking-gordon-taylor

Lawyers for Gordon Taylor said he wanted to be "vindicated or made rich" in negotiations over his controversial £700,000 phone-hacking settlement, according to the News of the World's lawyers.
Taylor, the head of the Professional Footballers' Association, had got hold of a highly damaging internal email that proved phone hacking at the tabloid was not confined to "one rogue reporter".

I assume he broke some laws to find said email...

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 01:27:19 pm »
I assume he broke some laws to find said email...
"

The article mentions he got the documents from the Met and "others" - Lots of interesting questions come to mind regarding his settlement.

Offline 81a

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 06:47:57 pm »
Farrer & Co's letter to culture, media and sport select committee chairman on settlement of Taylors lawsuit

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/interactive/2011/sep/08/news-of-the-world-letter-gordon-taylor

It appears the evidence he was able to obtain indicated what it took the rest of the country another 3 years to find out, and it certainly did make him a wealthy man.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2012, 11:48:00 pm »
PFA Union representative Gordon Taylor, a true fat cat who earns a salary of £450,000 per year and the highest paid union official in this country, condemned Luis Suarez almost from the onset, even though he is supposed to represent ALL professional footballers in this country.

What many people do not know is that Taylor is also a boyhood Manchester United supporter and also a personal friend of United manager Ferguson & former PFA Union representative Gary Neville.  Hardly going to represent Suarez in the correct manner was he??

Liverpool FC have been well & truly shafted from a great height by a kangaroo court who convicted Suarez on the grounds of probability.

It is now imperative the LFC heirarchy employ a top legal brain, in case any other issues arise in the future, and not be represented by some small time legal non-entity that resulted in LFC losing the Suarez case almost from the word go.

Further proof that Fat Cat PFA Union representative Gordon Taylor is a personal friend of Ferguson, please read below from the Guardian newspaper.

Click link below:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jul/09/alex-ferguson-alan-shearer-hacked

Liverpool FC & Borussia MG - a friendship unique in world football

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 11:56:13 pm »
Cant stand the prick.
The pious look on his face when discussing the Suarez issue,a pained expression of "look at me,I deplore racism,arent I the bees knees".

Offline 81a

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2012, 12:04:50 am »
He's more than happy to name drop his manc mates.

"Steve Bruce is a particular friend of mine. I used to advise him all through his football career"  --I bet you did Gordon.

And he  talks about his love for Manchester when he talks about the Birmingham semi - final defeat at Main Road in 1975.

"If ever there was a year of good omens it was then, to play the replay in Manchester, but you know that's football."  -- Not Main Road, of course, just Manchester.

And then he talks about those robbing Scousers. Fruedian slip, of course.

"We had some great games really, against Manchester United and once against Liverpool in December 1972, when we lost 4-3 at at Anfield. It was on Match of the Day and we were robbed!

http://www.bcfc.com/page/WhereAreTheyNowDetail/0,,10412~532342,00.html
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:37:54 am by 81a »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2012, 08:13:02 am »
The fucker is a loathesome creature, as hypocritical as they come and a self-righteous twat - the most laughable and lementable statement in the whole suarez fiasco from a third party came from this c*nt when he was basically telling uruguay that their standards were low compared to england with regard to tolerance of racism - fucking bellend that just showed his incredible lack of knowledge and understanding, unless he was simply happy to fly in the face of facts like his drunken old twat of a mate.

The twat comes across as still living in the old empire days, bizarre for someone who's meant to represent a very broad sweep of players from other cultures. He's everything you hate about english arrogance and 'superiority', an embarrassment to the country, in short.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2012, 08:20:07 am »
It was a bit colder last night so I threw an extra 'gordon taylor' on to the bed. Needless to say it was a really massive one
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:13 am »
slightly old news but the article is worth re-visiting as the repugnant fucker's holier than thou demeanour has somehow managed to increase during the past week or so....

'Mr Loophole' Nick Freeman wins again as PFA boss Gordon Taylor is acquitted of driving offences

Professional footballers chief Gordon Taylor has been acquitted of failing to provide police details after two alleged speeding offences.

Celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman, known as Mr Loophole, represented the chief executive of the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA), who was not present at the hearing at Manchester magistrates’ court.

Mr Freeman, a M.E.N. columnist, successfully argued that because of what were described as ‘typographical’ errors, the wrong address and title of the PFA on police documents, the bench had to acquit Mr Taylor.

The court heard a Jaguar car registered to the PFA offices in Manchester was twice caught exceeding the 30mph limit in the same area in the space of a couple of weeks.

It was first flashed by a speed camera doing 36mph in November 2010 and then at 43mph the following month near Blackburn, Lancashire.

But Mr Freeman successfully argued that when Lancashire Police issued letters asking for the driver’s details they made a series of errors.

Mr Freeman said the Jaguar car is registered to the PFA at its offices at 20 Oxford Court in Manchester.

But the Notice of Intended Prosecution letter, and a reminder, were both sent to number 30 – which does not exist.

The lawyer, known for getting acquittals for celebrity clients, said further letters were then sent directly to Gordon Taylor, naming him as the registered keeper directly.

Bernard Begley, prosecuting, said ‘further enquiries’ led the letter to be directed to Mr Taylor but this evidence was deemed to have been submitted too late under legal rules.

Mr Begley asked magistrates to adjourn the matter to another date for enquiries to be made or witnesses to be brought to court but this was refused.

Mr Freeman also said letters about the second alleged speeding offence were sent to the ‘Players’ Footballers Association – instead of the correct name, Professional Footballers’ Association.

Mr Freeman added: "In each case there has not been a properly addressed letter sent out to Mr Gordon Taylor and you need to be sure that there was before you can convict. He should be acquitted."

Magistrates concluded the case had not been proved.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1468763_mr-loophole-nick-freeman-wins-again-as-pfa-boss-gordon-taylor-is-acquitted-of-driving-offences
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:05:52 am by Pistolero »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2015, 02:10:42 pm »
This idiot is about to get a £2m a year (140%) pay rise. It beggars belief. He's the highest paid union leader in the world.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2015, 04:35:24 pm »
No wonder he is smiling.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2015, 04:42:53 pm »
This idiot is about to get a £2m a year (140%) pay rise. It beggars belief. He's the highest paid union leader in the world.

Let's ignore the fact he's an utter, utter c*nt and the merits of that sort of salary for anyone.

The PFA supposedly brings in £22.5m a year. If he's earning £3.4m, then that means around 15% of the whole organisations income goes into his wages.

So when people (as he has) compare his salary to say, a bankers, it blows it out of the water comparatively (I doubt there are many bankers earning close to 15% of what their bank brings in...). It's fucking obscene.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2015, 05:39:08 pm »
Unbelievable that this is not regulated. Absolutely disgusting.  :no
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2015, 06:07:41 pm »
He is nothing but a tick on the anal-hairs of the gentry.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2018, 04:23:21 pm »
What a shameless twat.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2018, 04:59:44 pm »
Shithouse

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2018, 05:00:49 pm »
Simon Jordan (Ex palace chairman) last week on Talk Shite tore him a new one when Taylor was a guest on Jim White's radio show about the Mahrez bust up,pretty much called him out on how useless Taylor and the PFA are and he recalled a incident with one of his Palace players having an altercation with  manager Trevor Francis and Taylor's advice was to pay the player off and get rid,and then this week when it was reported about taylor's 2.3 million salary with a added 700k bonus,Jordan pretty much called Taylor out again for being useless and he should step down at 72 years old,Taylor refused to go on the show to answer about the salary/bonus as well.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2018, 10:09:36 pm »
Loath the twat, if ever there was a definition in a dictionary of stealing a living, he would be used as prime example, worst Union boss all time, bonkers the PFA pay him that much.
#Sausages

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2018, 10:47:51 pm »
Loath the twat, if ever there was a definition in a dictionary of stealing a living, he would be used as prime example, worst Union boss all time, bonkers the PFA pay him that much.

Maybe the members should vote him out!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2018, 02:43:10 am »
It's only bonkers if you think the PFA is working to what it says it is in its flyers. If you consider all that hogwash, and that it's purpose is to line the pockets of it's committee members, then paying him that amount might not be bonkers after all.

Or to put it another way, you think the PFA's motives have to do with the benefit of football.  ::)
Think even Gordon would have trouble understanding that particular point.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2018, 03:06:55 pm »
Another odious individual that seem to worm their way into highly lucrative positions in the game.
He went through a phase of cropping up on telly appearing to defend some pretty indefensible behaviour from his members, but then couldn't wait to join the Suarez witchunt. But that is just my bias coming out there.

What I can't stand is how he can justify taking so much money when that could be better spent funding things like supporting ex players with addiction issues, with injuries caused by playing football. Helping more with kids cast aside from academies, helping educate and preparing players for life after the game, the possibilities are endless.
Most media coverage is premier league and maybe championship - what about the lower division players with very little job security? I'm sure he could point to good works done by the PFA, but the point is that when the CEO takes 15% of turnover, so much more could be done. The FA and PFA have shown themselves totally incapable of effectively self-governing.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2018, 04:22:45 pm »
Still a fuckin parasite / leech feeding off the blood of the Premier League and its supporters...and still the highest paid union official in the world
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2018, 08:44:31 am »
Another odious individual that seem to worm their way into highly lucrative positions in the game.
He went through a phase of cropping up on telly appearing to defend some pretty indefensible behaviour from his members, but then couldn't wait to join the Suarez witchunt. But that is just my bias coming out there.

What I can't stand is how he can justify taking so much money when that could be better spent funding things like supporting ex players with addiction issues, with injuries caused by playing football. Helping more with kids cast aside from academies, helping educate and preparing players for life after the game, the possibilities are endless.
Most media coverage is premier league and maybe championship - what about the lower division players with very little job security? I'm sure he could point to good works done by the PFA, but the point is that when the CEO takes 15% of turnover, so much more could be done. The FA and PFA have shown themselves totally incapable of effectively self-governing.

Going back further, remember this c*nt who couldn't wait to stick the knife in at Robbie Fowler after his sniffing the line celebration after he scored in the derby one year, forgetting the vile abuse Robbie Fowler suffered by the Bitters.
#Sausages

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:46 am »
Going back further, remember this c*nt who couldn't wait to stick the knife in at Robbie Fowler after his sniffing the line celebration after he scored in the derby one year, forgetting the vile abuse Robbie Fowler suffered by the Bitters.
Good point, forgot about that.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2018, 09:37:36 am »
It was a bit colder last night so I threw an extra 'gordon taylor' on to the bed. Needless to say it was a really massive one

You use a butt plug to keep warm at night? Each to their own I guess.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2018, 06:14:34 pm »
Looks like Gordon Taylor could be on his way out ot the PFA. Can't do links (only Lynx) but Daniel Taylor has done a real hatchet job on him in today's Observer and you know it must be bad when Robbie Savage is saying similar things.

Maybe every footballer could donate a weeks wages to him as a thank you for the brilliant job he's done for himself........sorry, I mean for the PFA.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2018, 06:26:18 pm »
Let's hope so, it's not a lifetime job and about time someone new had a crack at it.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2018, 06:33:18 pm »

'More than 200 footballers endorse call for Gordon Taylor to step down at PFA'... (by David Conn)

Open letter calls for election of new PFA chief executive
Robbie Savage, Ian Wright and Chris Sutton urge change

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/18/more-than-200-footballers-endorse-call-gordon-taylor-step-down-pfa-chief-executive

'Gordon Taylor, football’s fattest cat, must go if PFA is to modernise'... (by Daniel Taylor - probably the article Theoldkopite was referring to above)

Benevolent payments to ex-players are a fraction of Gordon Taylor’s salary and on issues from dementia to the abuse scandal the PFA’s leader has failed to lead

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/nov/17/gordon-taylor-football-fattest-cat-pfa
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2018, 10:15:14 pm »
Self righteous prick who's landed on his feet.

Him and Scudamore are cut from the same cloth.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2018, 11:02:40 pm »
Self righteous prick who's landed on his feet.

Him and Scudamore are cut from the same cloth.
scudamore did some good things in terms of the tv deal increasing massively and the growth of the league worldwide, Taylor on the other hand...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2018, 11:03:34 pm »
scudamore did some good things in terms of the tv deal increasing massively and the growth of the league worldwide, Taylor on the other hand...

OK. Scudamore is an efficient and effective prick. :)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2018, 12:51:11 pm »
Quick whip round if he does go though, thank him for all the hard work.

£2.50 from each club you odious leeching c*nt
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2018, 12:56:29 pm »
Just hearing his voice makes me reach (or should that be 'retch') for the sickbag.

Horrible leech. If he gets sacked that'll be one of the last Manc/Fergie influences behind the upper echelons of the game fucked off for good.

Can't wait  8)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2018, 12:57:41 pm »
About fucking time, the odious twat.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2018, 01:11:12 pm »
Quite a few people using the word odious to describe him. It fits Taylor like a glove.
There is real momentum behind this now, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot more comes out.

He epitomises the complete absence of self awareness that damages the game so often in the eyes of fans.
An organisation funded largely by the premier league TV deal as well as member subs and the leader sees fit to "earn" an amount completely disproportionate to his talent and I'd guess the money earned by the vast majority of those paying their union subs.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2018, 04:06:12 pm »
Never trust someone named Gordon (no offence to any RAWKite Gordons.)
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2018, 04:25:56 pm »
Never trust someone named Gordon (no offence to any RAWKite Gordons.)

Morons.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2018, 05:24:47 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2018, 11:43:52 pm »
The scrutiny on Gordon Taylor, the chief executive of the Professional Footballers’ Association, is intensifying after it emerged that his organisation is still in negotiations with the Premier League over its core funding from next year.

Taylor is facing an unprecedented challenge to his 37-year tenure amid the circulation of a letter that has been signed by more than 300 current and former players urging him to stand down and the organisation’s own chairman, Ben Purkiss, calling for an independent review.

The Telegraph can also now disclose details from new PFA Charity accounts and how, despite extensive talks, no agreement has yet been reached with the Premier League over television income from 2019 that has been worth almost £52 million to the PFA over the past two seasons.

Consistently securing such a large slice of the broadcast deal has been critical to maintaining Taylor’s authority but, with a debate now raging within football over his position, the backdrop to these current negotiations could shift.

Publication of new accounts, filed with Companies House in recent days, will also again infuriate families who have been campaigning for greater care towards former players who are suffering from dementia and other serious medical conditions.

The accounts, which were for the PFA Charity, report that staff costs rose in the year until June 2018 by £280,000 to above £4m. In that same period, the benevolent grants to individual former players and their families had only gone up by £35,000 to £565,261 and the PFA’s contribution to the study into the link between football and dementia stood at £125,000. As of June 30 this year, the charity held funds of just over £55m.

The PFA is currently embroiled in a civil war after Purkiss had his eligibility to continue in his post as chairman questioned after he became a non-contract player at Walsall. The annual general meeting, which was due to be held on Tuesday, has been adjourned and the PFA’s legal advice is that Purkiss cannot continue as chairman. The suspicion from Purkiss is that he is being removed because he is challenging an organisation that has been run by Taylor since 1981. His own legal advice is that he is eligible to remain chairman and that the PFA has previously allowed non-contract players to be members.

The dispute has come at a crucial stage of funding negotiations with the Premier League who, under outgoing executive chairman Richard Scudamore, tried in 2001 to cut the PFA’s income. Taylor then balloted the players and, having won resounding backing for a strike, the Premier League was forced to compromise and the PFA’s income has largely remained intact. The past anger, though, was summed up by David Gold, now vice-chairman of West Ham, who accused Taylor of “empire building”. He added: “Tell me one business in this entire universe which gives £25 million to support a union? I find that absolutely extraordinary.”

It is unclear whether there is a similar appetite to challenge the PFA’s settlement although the current agreement, which runs from 2016 until 2019, does include strict stipulations on what the money is used for. The Premier League said that “a significant majority of the funds provided are spent on charitable and good causes, and football development” and that only “a small proportion of what the Premier League provides is available to be used at the PFA’s discretion”.

Beyond a figure of £4.04m for staff costs, there is no specific detail in the new accounts of Taylor’s latest remuneration which, on the annual trade union’s return in 2016-17, totalled £2.29m. The details of other main outgoings are listed, however, and they include £3m back to Premier League youth development, £6.5m to the Football League’s community fund and youth development and £1.2m to the Football Conference’s community fund. Sporting Chance receives £400,000 and the spend on councillors has risen from just over £230,000 to more than £333,000. The “cost or valuation” of the PFA’s memorabilia investments had also risen over the year to £9.68m from £8.82m.

The PFA argues that it is important to maintain significant reserves in the context of a funding model that is underpinned by “short term” television deals. Taylor has always defended how his organisation spends money and, in the annual report of trustees, it is said that 393 benevolent grants were agreed as well as 1,440 educational grants. It also outlines how 468 members accessed counselling for issues such as anxiety, depression and addiction.

Former players, however, are now openly questioning whether the PFA should be doing much more. “This is about an independent review into the organisation because it's not doing enough to help players and especially ex-players," said Danny Murphy, the former Liverpool midfielder. “This isn't a crusade against Gordon Taylor. It's about an organisation that has the capacity to help hundreds of people who are in desperate need and they are not doing enough. They have a percentage of the TV money which isn't being passed down the line to those in need.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/19/gordon-taylor-faces-calls-quit-300-players-tv-cash-talks-add/
#Sausages