Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1235181 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #7560 on: September 29, 2017, 09:54:56 pm »
Z-Nation and The Exocist are back tonight.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7561 on: September 30, 2017, 09:20:57 am »
And I'm going back to France on Tuesday...so..keep an eye out for the new Netflix series Big Mouth.

An animated "cumming of age" show!

This is going to be very good. Full season on the 29th.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oTC7wQMHHEA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oTC7wQMHHEA</a>
This is about. Check your usual ken for full season dl's.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7562 on: September 30, 2017, 09:30:32 am »
Season two is about...the whole thing.

nice one D!...loved the first season...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #7563 on: September 30, 2017, 11:57:31 am »
nice one D!...loved the first season...

I liked it too gunslinger, but your man Tim really chewed fuck out of that American accent  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7564 on: September 30, 2017, 12:02:45 pm »
I liked it too gunslinger, but your man Tim really chewed fuck out of that American accent  ;D

I thought it was quite authentic.....but then again I also assumed Dick Van Dyke actually was from the East End  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7565 on: September 30, 2017, 10:21:17 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EmdShv8mc0w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EmdShv8mc0w</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #7566 on: September 30, 2017, 11:01:20 pm »
And I'm going back to France on Tuesday...so..keep an eye out for the new Netflix series Big Mouth.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oTC7wQMHHEA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oTC7wQMHHEA</a>

Brilliantly bonkers. On episode 5 already.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7567 on: September 30, 2017, 11:07:06 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EmdShv8mc0w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EmdShv8mc0w</a>

It is no Expanse like but I am enjoying it,it is what it is and that is straight up sillyness.

Am I the only one that watches Z-Nation and The Exorcist ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7568 on: October 1, 2017, 02:10:28 am »
Really enjoying The Orville whats strange about it, it feels more like Star Trek than the new Star Trek series.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7569 on: October 1, 2017, 08:52:50 pm »
Watched Amy Schumer's Leather Special on Netflix....

fuck

me

ive been to 3 funerals this year and the vicar's eulogies were funnier........absolutely fuckin abysmal...avoid like the plague

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7570 on: October 1, 2017, 08:54:42 pm »
It is no Expanse like but I am enjoying it,it is what it is and that is straight up sillyness.

Am I the only one that watches Z-Nation and The Exorcist ?
Really enjoying The Orville whats strange about it, it feels more like Star Trek than the new Star Trek series.

Yea? I watched the 1st episode and bar the mints/marbles bit thought it was gash and in no rush to watch any more. I'll give it another 2 episodes then and see.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7571 on: October 1, 2017, 08:57:27 pm »
I saw five minutes of this earlier today...it's awful and any critics that give it any plaudits need sacking!  ;D
^^^

The Expanse.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7572 on: October 2, 2017, 08:10:07 am »

funny as fuck this...smutty and very off colour....love it  ;D

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7573 on: October 2, 2017, 11:29:06 am »
I saw five minutes of this earlier today...it's awful and any critics that give it any plaudits need sacking!  ;D

It's truly awful. If it doesn't pass the lowly standards set by the pair of us, two numpties who will watch just about anything, you know it is a pile of shite.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #7574 on: October 2, 2017, 11:54:52 am »
It's truly awful. If it doesn't pass the lowly standards set by the pair of us, two numpties who will watch just about anything, you know it is a pile of shite.

It lacks the interest that being truly awful would bring. It is more meh.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7575 on: October 2, 2017, 01:33:33 pm »
I wouldn't bother posting about this until nearer the start date, there are though a few I know who watched the film this is taken from and have been waiting for news of it's release.

Suburra. October 6th.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5GcC9kduhO4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5GcC9kduhO4</a>
Friday.

For those that saw the film, the series is a prequel to that, ten years earlier. For those that haven't, the main theme of the film/series is one of the corruption and power of criminality, politics, and the Church, in the city of Rome.

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7576 on: October 2, 2017, 01:44:26 pm »
Reckon it'll be important to have seen the film, Dave? Being a prequel makes me think not.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #7577 on: October 2, 2017, 01:45:25 pm »
The Orville
The Good Doctor
Inhumans

All share a common theme, they're all fucking shite!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7578 on: October 2, 2017, 02:16:01 pm »
Reckon it'll be important to have seen the film, Dave? Being a prequel makes me think not.
No. You should though, it's a decent film.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7579 on: October 2, 2017, 02:16:51 pm »
The Orville
The Good Doctor
Inhumans

All share a common theme, they're all fucking shite!
You actually watched this? I worry abar you, la. ;D

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7580 on: October 2, 2017, 02:50:58 pm »
No. You should though, it's a decent film.

It is, but it's not in the same league as "Gomorrah" - which is really more about the greatness of the latter than anything.

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7581 on: October 2, 2017, 02:54:27 pm »
Will see if I can watch Suburra before the TV series is released later this week.

Can't wait for season three of Gomorrah. Watched a few 'behind the scenes' videos on Youtube the other day to whet the appetite.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7582 on: October 2, 2017, 03:00:50 pm »
The Sinner? Anybody watched it?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7583 on: October 2, 2017, 03:56:12 pm »
Gypsies on Benefits And Proud has to be the most Daily Mail headline show title I've ever seen

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7584 on: October 2, 2017, 04:19:34 pm »
You actually watched this? I worry abar you, la. ;D
I had no idea what it was beyond the title, that it was S01E01 and was top ten on the IPT homepage.

Needed a 40 minute filler but fuck me it was one of the worst things I've ever watched. How I didn't turn it off once the realisation took hold I'll never know!

As I've lost all my grand-parents it's nice to know you worry about me though :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7585 on: October 2, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
The Sinner? Anybody watched it?
I enjoyed it but it was a bit up and down, also a bit grim, two bits in particular.

Thought there might have been a bit more meat to the bones of it too as it seems to wrap up very quickly all at once.

That said it's been one of the more engaging watches I've had in recent months, Bill Pullman puts in a decent turn.

Oh and the fact that Jessica Biel is fucking gorgeous doesn't hinder things either!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7586 on: October 2, 2017, 07:56:28 pm »
I enjoyed it but it was a bit up and down, also a bit grim, two bits in particular.

Thought there might have been a bit more meat to the bones of it too as it seems to wrap up very quickly all at once.

That said it's been one of the more engaging watches I've had in recent months, Bill Pullman puts in a decent turn.

Oh and the fact that Jessica Biel is fucking gorgeous doesn't hinder things either!
Up to episode 5. Been good so far. Not sure what grim bits you refer to. Bill Pullman has been very good and totally agree with your assessment of Jessica Biel. ;D

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7587 on: October 3, 2017, 08:54:20 am »
Season two is about...the whole thing.

Blitzed 6 episodes of this over the last couple of nights...triffic stuff, even better than the first season...Edi Gathegi steals the show again for me as the Haitian gang leader but all main leads are impressive and Ron Pearlman is an effective addition to the ensemble...really looking forward to seeing how it unfolds......very much recommended if you're looking for a quality binge watch

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7588 on: October 3, 2017, 09:07:26 am »

This is brilliant. A sharp, funny, gross, yet, sympathetic look at puberty...it really is brilliant.

I was saving this for a flight to Nice...they'd have thrown me out the plane, I was screaming laughing at most of this. Nothing is too gross that it's not seen, especially the id that is Maury. One episode in particular....just gold.

A Must See.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7589 on: October 3, 2017, 10:32:33 pm »
This is brilliant. A sharp, funny, gross, yet, sympathetic look at puberty...it really is brilliant.

I was saving this for a flight to Nice...they'd have thrown me out the plane, I was screaming laughing at most of this. Nothing is too gross that it's not seen, especially the id that is Maury. One episode in particular....just gold.

A Must See.

It's very odd, very very odd and in some bits particularly vulgar.

Having said that I would agree with you, it's very good, I flew threw about 5 or 6 episodes in one sitting.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7590 on: October 4, 2017, 01:53:05 am »
Half way though watching Genius the life story of Einstein and spent most of the time thinking he's a bit of a twat and feeling sorry for his 1st wife who was also brilliant.

I think thats how you are meant to feel.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2017, 02:00:11 am by Trada »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7591 on: October 4, 2017, 03:06:37 am »
And I like the fact that The Orville hit on a serious subject in episode 3.

Im really enjoying it.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7592 on: October 4, 2017, 03:57:25 am »
And episode 4 was really good as well.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7593 on: October 4, 2017, 10:29:56 am »
Up to date with The Deuce episodes. Not bad and I'll keep watching mainly because of David Simon and some lead characters but barring Maggie Gyllenhaal's character's story, it feels a bit underwhelming so far. Don't know if I kept watching if those 2 things weren't part of this series. Don't mind a slow burner btw if it proves quality at the end. We'll see.

Nice to see many of The Wire's cast in it.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7594 on: October 4, 2017, 06:31:47 pm »

Blitzed 6 episodes of this over the last couple of nights...triffic stuff, even better than the first season...Edi Gathegi steals the show again for me as the Haitian gang leader but all main leads are impressive and Ron Pearlman is an effective addition to the ensemble...really looking forward to seeing how it unfolds......very much recommended if you're looking for a quality binge watch

finished this last night....loved it...best thing Ive seen on Amazon along with Patriot

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #7595 on: October 4, 2017, 06:48:28 pm »
finished this last night....loved it...best thing Ive seen on Amazon along with Patriot
Come on gunslinger name the show so those of us at the back can catch up.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7596 on: October 4, 2017, 07:02:48 pm »

Have you watched "Red Oaks"? That's my personal fave on there, though I liked "Patriot" a ton, too.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7597 on: October 4, 2017, 07:08:48 pm »
This is good. Startup. A desperate banker needs to conceal stolen money. A Haitian-American gang lord wants to go legit. A Cuban-American hacker has an idea that will revolutionize the very future of money itself. Forced to work together, they unwittingly create their version of the American dream - organized crime 2.0. It's a...tech thriller...the kind of thriller that you'd pick up in the airport as a book....with a Carl Hiaasen vibe attached due to the place the series is filmed in...that in itself was interesting as lots of scenes are shot in Little Haiti and Little Cuba, not places you'd associate with series set in Miami. the casting is good, with Freeman as a crooked FBI agent, played with....quiet menace  moving further away from his LOTR role. The rest of the cast, Adam Brody, Otmara Marrero, and Edi Gathegi as the financier, coding genius, and gang leader, respectively, who join forces to start the company, all  gel well...hopefully this is the show that helps Crackle the way BB did AMC.

It's available.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yCf_MpXAXK8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yCf_MpXAXK8</a>
Come on gunslinger name the show so those of us at the back can catch up.
;)

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7599 on: October 4, 2017, 11:23:22 pm »
Have you watched "Red Oaks"? That's my personal fave on there, though I liked "Patriot" a ton, too.

Red Oaks is good. Couldnt get into the Patriot. Stopped after 2 episodes.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.