Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047153 times)

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Ah the legendary Jermaine Jenas, multiple title winning legend. The Oracle of Football.

RE: the clickbaiting and winding up on purpose. That's why I enjoy this forum. You can discuss it and went your anger without participating in the merry go round.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
It was Charlton actually (you should be embarrassed;) ).

He sounds exactly like Gareth Southgate, thought that's who it was for the first half when he was being complimentary about Trent. Wish I hadn't put that bet on Trent to win the Golden Ball at the next World Cup now.
Fulham- Charlton whatever    ;D They both have faded back to obscurity
Second rate Cockney outfits. Along with QPR, Millwall, Wimbledon, etc.
Fact remains he turned away from Rafa.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
clearly Garth Crooks is the snatch of the century

I've seen far better snatches in my time

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Liverpool should let Philippe Coutinho move to Barcelona, says ex-Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

Jenas believes Coutinho, 25, sees it as his only chance to play for Barcelona.

"In my opinion, Liverpool should say 'thank you very much for your service, we'll keep this professional, on you go',"
Jenas told BBC Radio 5 live.

stay out of it cunthooks

Robbie Savage was the same on 606 yesterday: "If I was Coutinho I'd be doing everything in my power to force a move to Barcelona" blah blah "could be the only chance" and basically we should suck it up.

Fucking dickhead.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Commentary and punditry across the board is an oversaturated shit-show. I have to mute the TV when things aren't going well for us, can barely stand them when we are doing well either to be fair.

Beglin wound me up from the beginning yesterday though. Commentator asks him, forget who, if they should have a pact not to mention Coutinho for the rest of the game. It wasn't even that he said no, it was the way he said it, he was revelling in it.

So much for wanting to keep the best talents in the league.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Its ridiculous really

Everyone in the media bemoans player power, then as soon as one of the elite clubs wants to sign a player, they act like their current clubs should just let them go even if they'd signed a new contract 6 months previously.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
I see all the imposters/chancers/living-stealers in the media are going with the horseshit 'it's now or never for Coutinho' line of reasoning....this happens a lot..one of them comes out with a pile of cack, and in lieu of having to actually think for themselves the others wade in with nodding-dog agreement....I think it was Lawrenson or Jenas or some other such intellectual heavyweight who first mooted it and now you cant move for gobshites farting out similar ......the latest being MOTD2 with Jason Burt, Mark Schwarzer (!) and Michail Antonio (!!) proving they're yet more right-time right-place merchants

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40917817
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Joey Barton is just a $h*t Adrian Durham. Proof positive that being a former player means nothing.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just watching MNF. The difference between Carragher and Henry is night and day.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Just watching MNF. The difference between Carragher and Henry is night and day.

In what respect?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Owen Hargreaves and Alan Shearer are masters of the 'have a browse through a club/player's Wikipedia and pick out some sentences and stats' form of punditry.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
I'm still undecided about all three, however Lawrenson is going to be one of them this year.
Was reading the BBC text commentary of our game last night, the bellend said that he wouldn't play Moreno as he cost us 'last' season in Europe. How is it possible to get a job and get paid well for knowing fuck all like most of those on the list?
He then proceeded to slag Moreno off before the game had started.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:21:45 am by Nitramdorf »

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
Jermaine Jenas appears to be really fucking desperate to see us sell Coutinho. His latest waffle in a BBC article goes on about how our refusal to sell Coutinho is "damaging" the club. Yes, how damaging it is Jermaine to actually show some balls and refuse to be bullied by a club that have been getting their way for far too long.

I honestly feel like BBC and BT are in competition as to who can get the worst pundits. BBC are currently winning because they have Phil Neville.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Jermaine Jenas appears to be really fucking desperate to see us sell Coutinho. His latest waffle in a BBC article goes on about how our refusal to sell Coutinho is "damaging" the club. Yes, how damaging it is Jermaine to actually show some balls and refuse to be bullied by a club that have been getting their way for far too long.

fuck me...just read that article....its actually headline news on the BBC football page - which is galling enough, but what gives this imposter, this nogoodnik, this phoneyarsed twat the notion that he has the experience or the wit to comment on LFC's affairs?? ...shithouse player who flattered to deceive for his entire career - getting lashed from club to club when they realised he was a fuckin dud...and he's now transferred his underwhelming bland shithouse persona into the world of punditry

"But what's also weird about this situation, and another reason why Coutinho probably feels hard done by, is that Liverpool have sold star players in the past - like with Luis Suarez and Raheem Sterling.

"We had something similar with Dimitar Berbatov when he left Spurs for Manchester United in 2008.

"If a player deserves to move on to bigger things, like Barcelona, it should almost be like: 'Thank you for everything, you've done brilliantly, now on your way.'"

daft toddler faced c*nt...fuck off

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
The fact he draws comparisons with Suarez and Sterling is utterly laughable. Suarez we actually did refuse to sell and got 1 more year out of, and we absolutely rinsed City for Ł50 million at a time when the market valuation for players wasn't ridiculous. Not to mention that we sold Sterling in early July, giving us more than enough time to replace him.

Jesus, all I want is for 1 pundit to write an article that demonstrates simple research and is actually articulated in a way that doesn't resemble a drunk gorilla smashing it's fists on a keyboard.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Considering how much all pundits moan about English clubs not doing well in CL you would think they'd desperately want this league to keep their best players instead of losing them to direct rivals but no club allegiances are much more important.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

fuck me...just read that article....its actually headline news on the BBC football page - which is galling enough, but what gives this imposter, this nogoodnik, this phoneyarsed twat the notion that he has the experience or the wit to comment on LFC's affairs?? ...shithouse player who flattered to deceive for his entire career - getting lashed from club to club when they realised he was a fuckin dud...and he's now transferred his underwhelming bland shithouse persona into the world of punditry

"But what's also weird about this situation, and another reason why Coutinho probably feels hard done by, is that Liverpool have sold star players in the past - like with Luis Suarez and Raheem Sterling.

"We had something similar with Dimitar Berbatov when he left Spurs for Manchester United in 2008.

"If a player deserves to move on to bigger things, like Barcelona, it should almost be like: 'Thank you for everything, you've done brilliantly, now on your way.'"

Odd. Although he admitted it was an extraordinary fee he didn't seem to think Spurs selling Kyle Walker to City gave the right impression. It didn't give off a "we're out to win the league" message apparently. It's as if, for some reason, despite never having fucking won anything, different rules apply to Spurs.

I can't think what his motivation might be...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was listening to the Arsenal game on 5 live. At half time Robbie Savage was talking a lot of shite. Can you believe that? Robbie Savage and talking shite in the same sentence.

"If Coutinho is worth Ł115m then Paul Pogba was a snip at Ł89m"
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Keown is utterly dreadful. He was embarrassing himself today trying to argue that Lacazette's goal wasn't offside. Doesn't even know the rules. I'm no fan of Graham Poll but he was spot on.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
Phil Neville and Dean Saunders are beyond parody. Our lot are shocking as well Lawro, Fowler, Didi, Ince, Murphy, Gerrard, Carra etc. I blame the fucking Owl. Typical shitty english dinosaur views. They have no self awareness of how poor they come across. Its the same with the Soccer Saturday crowd. Them c*nts actually fucking sneer at anything that doesnt agree with their fucking narrow minds on football.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
Shout out to Clinton Morrison, god knows why he speaks like he's out of so-solid crew, why on gods green earth is he employed by Sky?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Robertson is obviously part of Liverpool's future, unlike midfielder Philippe Coutinho. There is no doubt that Coutinho has already mentally left Anfield and the club would be foolish not to accept his position.

However, what the Reds don't have to accept is any old Barcelona offer. They are perfectly entitled to squeeze every last penny out of this deal, and when they do finally settle on the transaction - and they will - I hope it makes Barcelona's eyes water.
Garth Crooks' team of the week.

This is his comment on Coutinho - desperate to add an opinion that no one asked for. I genuinely believe he's borderline retarded

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

This is his comment on Coutinho - desperate to add an opinion that no one asked for. I genuinely believe he's borderline retarded

That's the only reason Robertson is in the team of the week isn't it? So he could shoehorn his unwanted opinion in. 

Not saying Robertson didn't have a good game but there's no way Crooks would have given a shit about him in other circumstances.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

Weird how our rivals are desperate for us to sell Coutinho and have seemingly taken offence that we won't just bend over for Barcelona.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Loads of good posts on this page alone.
I think for me its their unwillingness or inability to apply any context to the Coutinho situation that really illustrates the shite that passes for punditry.
As lots have pointed out, it seems to be that most pundits think should bend over and let Barca and/ or players dictate to us whereas they seem to revel in some clubs "showing strength" by holding onto players that want out.

If they can't see why a club that (rightly) had been planning around having Coutinho available, is unwilling to let him go a day before the season starts, then quite frankly they make themselves sound even more stupid than they are. Especially when said club has already had problems spending their own budget.

I don't know what will happen over the next 10 days but I'm glad we've dug our heels in and been difficult to deal with.

Going back to pundits though, I would like to see the club be a bit more selective in who they choose to represent them or appear on LFC TV. When I used to watch the TV channel you'd often see pundits on shows not long after shitting on the club from a great height.

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
The question is,   Are any of the pundits any good?

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Anyone want to remind themselves of how annoying Keys and Gray were?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFBDg-JXtY

Keys at 3:56 is a reminder of how much of a slimy twat he used to be. We kept Suarez under extreme pressure during summer 2013 you tit.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:15:37 pm by Kals »

Offline skivvy10

• Kemlynite
Joey Barton is another mouthpiece, Talksport is bad enough without him on there. He tries to sound like an intellectual font of all knowledge but his Evertonian bitterness just rises to the surface. amazing that they have someone with is history on there.
And on the 6th day he created the Spion Kop, and then he rested.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone want to remind themselves of how annoying Keys and Gray were?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFBDg-JXtY

Keys at 3:56 is a reminder of how much of a slimy twat he used to be. We kept Suarez under extreme pressure during summer 2013 you tit.

I stopped after about 45 seconds when Andy Gray said that Klopp has had " the best part of three and a half seasons at Liverpool without winning a trophy."

He's been here since October 2015. He just added two seasons onto his tenure for no reason other than to have a pop. Bitter twat.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 06:47:25 pm by Kekule »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I watch Carra and the least ugly Neville, and it makes me wonder how some of those on the list above ever got a job. Superb analysis, you actually learn something about the game 'he's got to do better there' isn't analysis, we can all do that...

Great stuff lads.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
I watch Carra and the least ugly Neville,
Great stuff lads.

Phil Neville is better looking IMO.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Every day I scan the Newsnow Liverpool page for the most ludicrous / amusing headline.

Today's winner:

Liverpool new boy Mohamed Salah must improve - Shaun Goater

:lmao

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I stopped after about 45 seconds when Andy Gray said that Klopp has had " the best part of three and a half seasons at Liverpool without winning a trophy."

He's been here since October 2015. He just added two seasons onto his tenure for no reason other than to have a pop. Bitter twat.
I had a rant about Keys a couple of weeks ago when he was pushing the "Klopp needs to win something or he needs to be sacked" line.
Few weeks later his fat headed sidekick comes out with this gem. These 2 bellends delighted in sticking the boot into Rafa, looks like the only thing thats changed is that Gray's got fatter and their audiences have got smaller.
They don't want a strong Liverpool thats for sure.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Why isnt Jerry J Anus on the list?
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Why isnt Jerry J Anus on the list?

God yeah, that pinheaded no-nothing little runt has shot straight to the top of my list right now.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anchor: "Martin, does Wayne Rooney's retirement come as a shock or not?"

Tyler: "A bit of both"  :o

Martin Tyler, simultaneously shocked by something and expecting it. What a man.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
stay out of it cunthooks

Just catching up on this thread and that has made me  ;D sitting at my desk
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker

And this  ;D You should write a book of insults aimed at Jermaine Jenas. Get it out in time for Christmas
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:40:41 pm by Rysoph76 »
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Probably been said to death by now, Hargreaves. I don't particularly mind what he says, nor do I care that he played for United...

...but he needs to change his delivery. Why is everything so urgent and dramatic? I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack every time he commentates.
Liverpool new boy Mohamed Salah must improve - Shaun Goater
Fucking hell that's a classic. The first part was funny, the last two words are just too much though.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
Nearly lost it then shouting at the telly. Pougatch, Hamann and Dixon saying we don't need Coutinho and they cannot understand why we don't take the 135 million and buy two players. Fucking wankers. Thick bastards.