Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4011248 times)

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #42160 on: June 29, 2018, 10:11:10 pm »
Bit late replying Maggie, sorry. I hope you are keeping well.
The shed is my second living room except the living room in the house doesn't have a fridge in it, have to walk all the way to the kitchen.
After leaving the girlfriend in April 2015 and moving in here in August 2015, I look on this as one of the best decisions in my life.
My spare time is spent working in the garden, the shed area being the focal point where I can sit down with a cup of tea or a beer completely in peace while listening to the total chaos that seems to go on in other gardens ( The neighbours' house is big and has 4 generations living in it!!!!! Always something going on there)
Of course everything is organised around when LFC plays, Haven't really got into the World Cup yet although I went out on Saturday to the Bude (a large shed where people meet up to drink beer) where I watched the Germany match with about 30 others.
I don't eat cucumbers but there's 13 of the things in the kitchen. My daughter and I take them to work and give them away. The courgettes are great done on the grill outside the shed (I cheat, it's a gas grill but it's so easy). Eat outside most nights at the moment.

Hello my Darling Willi.  :-*  I'm so pleased to know you are contented and happy in your home and garden.  It is so lovely to sit peacefully and then to be able to eat the vegetables you have grown yourself, although I am sorry you don't like cucumbers as I have a lovely recipe for iced cucumber soup  which I would have PM'd you with.  Courgettes are lovely on the BBQ, but I wonder if you have spiralizing them?  With the spiralzer you can make "veggie spaghetti" which has a host of uses, but which I love spread raw over an ice cold salad.  Do try them and let me know what you think  :-* :wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #42161 on: June 30, 2018, 10:09:03 am »
Courgettes are lovely on the BBQ, but I wonder if you have spiralizing them?  With the spiralzer you can make "veggie spaghetti" which has a host of uses, but which I love spread raw over an ice cold salad.  Do try them and let me know what you think  :-* :wave
Also makes a nice soup with the addition some blue cheese - and then there's always ratatouille.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42162 on: June 30, 2018, 09:45:37 pm »
Also makes a nice soup with the addition some blue cheese - and then there's always ratatouille.

Cheers Doc.  Mwah. There you go, Willie, more options.  Germany has such great kitchen shops - really elegant treatment given to everyday utensils so they are a pleasure to handle and work with - there is an excellent shop in Cologne which I always used to buy from every time I visited - but you are sure to find a spirilizer in any of your kitchen shops.  :wave

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42163 on: July 2, 2018, 09:21:40 am »
Cheers Doc.  Mwah. There you go, Willie, more options.  Germany has such great kitchen shops - really elegant treatment given to everyday utensils so they are a pleasure to handle and work with - there is an excellent shop in Cologne which I always used to buy from every time I visited - but you are sure to find a spirilizer in any of your kitchen shops.  :wave
The kitchen utensils available in most UK stores are beautiful in appearance but functionally useless, all presentation and no substance - what a surprise - just like everything else nowadays.

Now where's me tablets.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #42164 on: July 2, 2018, 09:47:30 pm »
Just checked Amazon and they do a Spiralizer. What is recommended, electric or hand?
Please send the recipe for cucumber soup Maggie, my daughter would love to cook it and I promise to eat it. Picked another 10 today.
Bought some cheese on wood skewers for the barbecue thinking they would be good for my veggie friends only to find some bits of cheese were wrapped in bacon. Like some meat on their veggie food do the Germans.
Watched all 4 matches at the weekend outside the shed. Sun, beer and footy. Wonderful

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42165 on: July 8, 2018, 02:52:07 pm »
My allotment is becoming a desert with this lack of rain. I am not a happy chappy about this weather.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42166 on: July 8, 2018, 02:56:46 pm »
My allotment is becoming a desert with this lack of rain. I am not a happy chappy about this weather.
Saw a report a few years back were the flower growers in the Atacama desert put up netting to collect the moisture at night.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42167 on: July 8, 2018, 07:55:47 pm »
Saw a report a few years back were the flower growers in the Atacama desert put up netting to collect the moisture at night.
Have they caught anything yet.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42168 on: July 9, 2018, 07:35:31 am »
Have they caught anything yet.
Only you.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42169 on: July 10, 2018, 06:57:44 pm »
Hello Willi  :wave  Sorry for the delay, but I'm having difficulty in finding the cucumber recipe - I will continue to hunt.  As to the spiralizer - I use a small hand one, and didn't know there was an electric one.  Best to size them up and see what best suits your family needs really - I only cook for myself.

As you harvest a lot of courgettes, I thought you might like this soup:

Courgette Soup

Serves 4

30ml/2tbs butter
1 onion, finely chopped
450g/1lb courgettes, trimmed and chopped
750ml/1 1/4 pints chicken stock
120ml/4fl oz single cream, plus extra for swirling
Salt and ground black pepper

Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion until it is soft but not coloured.  Add the courgettes and cook, stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes.  Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil over a moderate heat, then simmer for about 5 minutes or until the courgettes are tender.

Strain the stock into a saucepan and puree the vegetables in a food processor and add the puree to the pan**.  Stir the cream into the soup and heat it through without allowing it to boil.  Season to taste and serve hot with a little extra cream swirled over the top.

** At this stage I like to rub the puree through a fine metal sieve, which gives the soup a lovely velvety texture  but if you prefer a more hearty soup then omit this step.

Oh.  And if you grow parsley I have found a lovely recipe for parsley soup with saffron.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #42170 on: July 10, 2018, 09:41:31 pm »
Thanks Maggie.
The soup looks excellent, will give it a try.
Not growing parsley, yet.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42171 on: July 13, 2018, 05:35:44 pm »

Just a quick update to this to say my youngest sister passed away last night.

After a valiant struggle and steady improvement since her heart transplant and the unfortunate aftermath, she had only got back from one of her regular checkups at Harefield yet again at the start of the week, she was readmitted to her local Hospital late Wednesday after feeling grim and was diagnosed with E-Coli infection and other stuff and put on even more meds in an attempt to bring it under control.

Very early Thursday morning, around 1 AM, she suffered a catastrophic brain haemorrhage and went into a coma with no hope of any recovery or effective surgery.

Her partner, my elder sisters and I all went to the hospital yesterday afternoon and took the decision in agreement with the consultant, and which my sister had always said was her wish in such an event, to withdraw life support.

We were all with her right to the end and it was a peaceful and dignified slipping away at around 7.30PM last night.

Regrettably, her wish for her own organs to become transplant material cannot be fulfilled due to all her infections prior to her death.

Her ashes will be interred in my Mums family plot at Anfield Cemetery just off Priory sometime later this autumn.

Oh bugger.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42172 on: July 13, 2018, 05:52:46 pm »
^ Ahh mate, so sorry, you know I just saw you'd posted in here and was thinking "that Gulley usually posts something interesting or amusing, I'll have a quick look" - but no, RIP YNWA.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42173 on: July 13, 2018, 05:59:53 pm »
I can only offer my sincere condolences to you and your family at your tragic loss, I'm lost for words at such a difficult time for you all. RIP YNWA.
When in Rome...

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42174 on: July 13, 2018, 06:55:11 pm »
Condolences to you all. R.I.P

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42175 on: July 13, 2018, 11:43:11 pm »
Oh my lovely Gulley.  Please accept my deepest and most sincere sympathy for your most tragic loss. 

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42176 on: July 14, 2018, 12:37:46 am »
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, it's really appreciated.

As I think I've said before in this somewhat tragic saga, I'm not mawkish, I've always prosaically accepted that for every life there's a death, and that the older you get, that you start to experience death closely a lot more, especially in later life as people you have known all your own life, people who have seemed permanent fixtures in it like your Parents, Aunties, Uncles, and then your siblings or partners or heaven forbid, even your own children,  start to succumb to the grim reaper for the usual variety of reasons, old age, illness and such.

But it's still something that gets you when it actually happens, this deep feeling of permanent loss of the familiar and the realisation that they will never return or that you will be able to talk to them or laugh or cry with them again, that their dreams and ambitions are over and possibly unfulfilled, and then the recognition with their passing that the world you have been familiar with and thought would never end is disappearing and being replaced by the new, a new that is unknown or strange to you and that can unfortunately appear uncaring or unsympathetic at times.

And so to pause to mourn and reflect and yet also celebrate someones life that's passed, especially when it's someone you are closely connected to, I think must always be the right thing to ensure closure for your own peace of mind.

But any sadness or grief is more the realisation that your fond memories of those who have gone now become just that, just memories never to be refreshed by meeting them once again, and that all you can do is try not to let those memories fade too much before it's your own inevitable turn.

Sorry, reading that back it all sounds a bit grim, it's not meant to be and I'm not depressed, honestly, and believe me, we will have a good drink after the funeral, all a bit Irish.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42177 on: July 14, 2018, 01:16:58 am »
Just a quick update to this to say my youngest sister passed away last night.

Oh bugger.

Oh Gulley, mate. Condolences, I have enormous respect for you, my thoughts are with you and your family. My thoughts are with you Gulley.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42178 on: July 14, 2018, 08:32:32 am »
Terrible terrible heartbreaking news Gull, so sorry to hear of your loss, but it sounds like she was surrounded by loving family until the end, and you can't ask for more than that mate.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #42179 on: July 14, 2018, 08:37:47 am »
Sorry, reading that back it all sounds a bit grim,
Not at all. It's very lucid and eloquent. My condolences to you and your family.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #42180 on: July 14, 2018, 12:09:40 pm »
Just popped in and the first thing I read is of your very sad loss. My most sincere belated condolences mate. May she rest in peace now her struggles are all done Gulley.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #42181 on: July 14, 2018, 12:39:35 pm »
Thoughts with you and the family, Gulley, RIP.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Willi

• Kopite
« Reply #42182 on: July 14, 2018, 10:50:43 pm »
So sorry to read about your loss Gulley.
RIP

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #42183 on: July 14, 2018, 11:03:20 pm »
Sorry to hear abar your sister fella. Always sad to hear when a character on here has a problem.

Take care my own personal Jack Hargreaves.

X

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #42184 on: July 14, 2018, 11:12:12 pm »
They are not grim words but poignant and fitting in your grief. I read them and reflected on what life means to me and those I hold dear. I must do better. Thanks Gully, mate. I am so sorry for your loss.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42185 on: July 19, 2018, 01:59:03 pm »
Sorry for your loss Gully and your family.  R.I.P
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42186 on: July 28, 2018, 07:40:32 pm »
Wakey wakey... 😴
When in Rome...

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42187 on: July 28, 2018, 08:45:26 pm »
How are you doing Gulley?

Hope you're ok mate.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42188 on: July 28, 2018, 11:30:30 pm »

I'm as fine as could be expected in the circumstances John, and thanks for asking.

We had her funeral and cremation on Thursday and it was all somewhat sad, all funerals are, but it was a good turnout.

Her partner of the last 24 years is absolutely devastated, as you would imagine, but the rest of us will support her through her immediate grief and beyond.

For years through your youth most of us have a Peter Pan attitude to life, I certainly did, and you don't really think too much about mortality and certainly not your own, but at times like this when a younger sibling dies you start to realise the fragility of it all and how your own end is creeping inexorably closer.

Sorry that sounds morbid, it's not meant to and I certainly don't have any sort of death wish, it's just a bit blunt and matter of fact.

Anyway, we are now organising for the interment of her ashes up in Anfield Cemetary, hopefully sometime late August but likely probably September or maybe even October due to procedural complications around her place of abode and death being Devon, and place of burial being Liverpool.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42189 on: July 29, 2018, 12:39:51 am »
Anyway, we are now organising for the interment of her ashes up in Anfield Cemetary,
Your sister will be in good company anyway Gulley mate, my dad is there.

And you're right, the inexorable inevitability faces us all, but I'm really not happy about that prospect at all.

I know her partner will be well looked after, you're from good stock mate.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42190 on: July 29, 2018, 06:06:28 pm »
Best wishes Gully to you and the family:

Sitting here watching a Welshman win the Tour De France, who would have thought it.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42191 on: July 29, 2018, 07:55:16 pm »
Really sorry for your loss Gulley, my thoughts are with you.

And beautiful words you've written too.

What a shit hand you're sister was dealt at the latter end, trust she is at peace.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42192 on: July 29, 2018, 11:17:42 pm »
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, it's really appreciated.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #42193 on: July 30, 2018, 01:49:45 am »
So Gulley, I've got a big fuck off lavender butterfly tree/bush outside my window that the bees just love.

Every time I see them feeding I think of your lot.
Kill the humourless

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42194 on: July 30, 2018, 08:35:14 am »

They absolutely love lavender.

In other news, wifey and I were sitting watching Poldark last night when this little chap suddenly appears from the fireplace opening and starts flitting around the room until finally settling behind a painting on the wall.

Very gently I took the painting down and managed to ease it into a plastic box without touching it, they're not dangerous but you are meant to have a licence to handle them, but I thought needs must in this set of circumstances.

It's a common Pippistrelle, absolutely tiny when it's wings are folded up, and from a quick check on wiki, it's dimensions indicate this is likely a juvenile that's been born this June or thereabouts.

I then took it up into the attic and released it there, we have at least two species of bats, Pippistrelles and Long Eared living up there, so it should be ok.

I expect it's from there and just misjudged the chimney for a means of getting into the attic.

They have a lifespan of around 12 years if all goes well, which for such a tiny thing, is remarkable.

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #42195 on: July 30, 2018, 11:51:25 am »
the older you get...

Spot on piece of writing there mate. It's all so sad, but what can you do except try and enjoy the good bits, which include rescuing bats and enjoying the defiant wonder of life in all its forms! :)

My sympathies for your loss.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #42196 on: July 30, 2018, 09:42:08 pm »
we have at least two species of bats, Pippistrelles and Long Eared living up there, so it should be ok.

Batson D. Belfry II
Kill the humourless

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42197 on: August 1, 2018, 12:11:31 am »
They absolutely love lavender.

In other news, wifey and I were sitting watching Poldark last night when this little chap suddenly appears from the fireplace opening and starts flitting around the room until finally settling behind a painting on the wall.

Very gently I took the painting down and managed to ease it into a plastic box without touching it, they're not dangerous but you are meant to have a licence to handle them, but I thought needs must in this set of circumstances.

It's a common Pippistrelle, absolutely tiny when it's wings are folded up, and from a quick check on wiki, it's dimensions indicate this is likely a juvenile that's been born this June or thereabouts.

I then took it up into the attic and released it there, we have at least two species of bats, Pippistrelles and Long Eared living up there, so it should be ok.

I expect it's from there and just misjudged the chimney for a means of getting into the attic.

They have a lifespan of around 12 years if all goes well, which for such a tiny thing, is remarkable.

Spooky post. For some reason today the word Pippistrelle randomly popped into my head. Then tonight I read this post.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42198 on: August 1, 2018, 12:38:53 am »
Had a bat come down the chimney at my parents house when I was home alone as a teenager. Shat myself at first thinking it was a giant moth!

Not read this thread in quite a while - sorry to hear about your sister Gulley.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42199 on: August 1, 2018, 03:06:50 pm »
Had a bat come down the chimney at my parents house when I was home alone as a teenager. Shat myself at first thinking it was a giant moth!

Not read this thread in quite a while - sorry to hear about your sister Gulley.

Bats are easy!

One day at my grandmothers a crow managed to fly down the chimney and redesigned the lounge in soot, lucky for it the fire wasnt lit.