Author Topic: Man Flu  (Read 41802 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Man Flu
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2010, 03:38:18 pm »
Kesey, what medical background do you have to give advice into the public domain?

Most of what you've said is laughable and I feel sorry for you if you think we need teaching.

Refrain from giving medical advice, you're not fit to do so. Let me know when you'd like a few lessons though.

:wave

The educate yourselves was tongue and cheek you beaut.

I have many qualifications in Diet and Nutrition. Also have knowledge in abundance on Chinese Herbs / Health and Ayurvedic ( Science of Life in non - Sanskrit ) Medicine.

I practice what I preach and I don't get colds / flu or I dont get ill. I cant remember the last tme I was ill.  Go figure!

Now if people want maintain their current diets and lifestyles and get ill thats fine by me. Keep on getting ill and taking drugs which  do more damage in the long term.

Anyway.   How long have you been a spokesman for RAWK?     :wave
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2010, 04:30:10 pm »
Kesey, what medical background do you have to give advice into the public domain?

Most of what you've said is laughable and I feel sorry for you if you think we need teaching.

Refrain from giving medical advice, you're not fit to do so. Let me know when you'd like a few lessons though.

Just had a laugh and what you said.

So Doctors go Med School for years. They the mmake a diagnosis within seconds and then prescribe drugs that in th elong term do more damage. They then get the same patient with the same dis - ease back a few months later. They then repeat the process! This system destroys the bodys natural defences and makes them and the big pharmacutericals lots of cash.

:lmao

Please my friend. If you subscribe to that then I think it maybe you that needs a lesson.  :wave

I personally think that all branches of medicine should combine and put the individual first.

If you want to start a thread on it mate then please feel free.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2010, 05:38:44 pm »
Man Stroke Woman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

I knew this would have been posted somewhere on this thread. It's fantastic. 

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2010, 07:28:49 pm »

Fucking hell. I don't know about your background and you may well be a doctor, but I would take what you say with as much wariness as I take what kesey says simply for the fact that ego / arrogance is as culpable in clouding judgement as a lack of knowledge / background is.

The lad's post sounded toungue in cheek and aimed generally, why the fuck you would take it personally is weird.

Anyway, blah blah aside, I'm sure it would help us all when it comes to what matters if you point out exactly what's wrong with what kesey said and give more accurate info.

Thanks.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2010, 08:15:11 pm »
Fucking hell. I don't know about your background and you may well be a doctor, but I would take what you say with as much wariness as I take what kesey says simply for the fact that ego / arrogance is as culpable in clouding judgement as a lack of knowledge / background is.

Great post.

It's laughable mate . Anything that challenges orthodox medicine is laughable, don't y'know?

What did I say again that was laughable.

1). Diet and nutrition play a part in the individuals health.  ( Altough I may have come across slightly arrogant and my terminology may have been put milder. But hey. The moon is in Aries which rules the head ( strong ) and me being an Aries. Need I say more)

2). Central heating can weaken the bodies natural defence system.

Two basic provable facts in my eyes.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2010, 09:07:05 am »
Just had a massive head cold come on in the last 12 hours.
I didn't think it was humanly possible to blow so much snot out of my nose.
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2010, 08:16:40 pm »
Fuckin 'ell lads.

Eat proper and you don't get it. Also, central heating in your homes and works can trick the body into thinking it's summer. Teh you walk out into freezing conditions. It also central heating dries out the normally moist nasal mucosa - an important defence against invading viruses. Another thing. You don't just become ill. You develop the symptoms because you're already ill. Meaning your bodies defences are very low.

Educate yourselves my little children.

False. Many things can result in someone having the flu, nutrition plays a part, but there is a much bigger picture, existing co-morbidities, genetic and environment.

False again. Viruses and bacteria require cold, moist conditions to breed and therefore grow and cause an infection. Going from heat to cold matters if you have not wrapped up warm. Not because the central heating in your house tricked your body into thinking it was the summer.

The educate yourselves was tongue and cheek you beaut.

I have many qualifications in Diet and Nutrition. Also have knowledge in abundance on Chinese Herbs / Health and Ayurvedic ( Science of Life in non - Sanskrit ) Medicine.

I practice what I preach and I don't get colds / flu or I dont get ill. I cant remember the last tme I was ill.  Go figure!

Now if people want maintain their current diets and lifestyles and get ill thats fine by me. Keep on getting ill and taking drugs which  do more damage in the long term.

Anyway.   How long have you been a spokesman for RAWK?     :wave

You're a dietician, you're not a Doctor. It is dangerous to be advising people on their health when you do not have any teaching in the field.
Just had a laugh and what you said.

So Doctors go Med School for years. They the mmake a diagnosis within seconds and then prescribe drugs that in th elong term do more damage. They then get the same patient with the same dis - ease back a few months later. They then repeat the process! This system destroys the bodys natural defences and makes them and the big pharmacutericals lots of cash.

:lmao

Please my friend. If you subscribe to that then I think it maybe you that needs a lesson.  :wave

I personally think that all branches of medicine should combine and put the individual first.

If you want to start a thread on it mate then please feel free.

That's a simple statement and is pathetic. A patient with heart failure, on the cardio-protective medication, especially furosemide. You would advise them not to take their medication because it destroys their immune system? Get the BNF (I doubt you know what that is), get the yellow card at the end and fill it out because that is a side-effect never reported. In essence, you've advised patient's to go against the word of their Doctor.

I took great offence to the above. I am a Doctor. I work very long hours to provide the best possible care I can for my patients. Over 100 hour weeks, you have no right to criticise what we do. (Before you say you didn't criticise us, then just read your last quote in this response - you're essentially saying we make our patient's worse).

Regardless, if I have a patient with an albumin of 29, your input will be appreciated, until then, keep your simplistic and wrong views to yourself - it doesn't do society in favours.

Take care and I won't be popping back in here to read your laughable response, am back to work from tomorrow having recovered with a course of antibiotics. And of course, you'd have recommended chicken? ;)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2010, 09:10:56 pm »
I'm never ill and my secret is 40 pints a week and five Vindaloos.

Go easy on me Jagdip.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2010, 10:32:46 pm »

1). Diet and nutrition play a part in the individuals health.  ( Altough I may have come across slightly arrogant and my terminology may have been put milder. But hey. The moon is in Aries which rules the head ( strong ) and me being an Aries. Need I say more)

Fuckin 'ell lads.

Eat proper and you don't get it.

Educate yourselves my little children.

kesey I'm afraid to say that there's a world of difference between saying "Eat proper and you don't get it", and "Diet and nutrition play a part in an individual's health". The first quote implies that proper nutrition is the sole factor for determining whether or not you get a viral infection, and is quite clearly wrong, as you must have realised when you backtracked to your second quote (which I think most people would agree is correct).

Also, the final quote is extremely patronising, as it implies that anyone who doesn't subscribe to your purely alternative view of human physical and spiritual wellbeing is not properly educted, and by extension has nothing worthwhile to say. An attitude which you seem to disagree with when you perceive medical professionals to be using it on you:

It's laughable mate . Anything that challenges orthodox medicine is laughable, don't y'know?

By all means choose whichever medicine/spiritual therapy you feel is right for you, but don't spread falsehoods and dismiss the benefits of organised medicine, then start whinging when people call you out for doing so.

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2010, 03:17:53 pm »
I think more people off here need to meet Kesey. Or just lighten up. Either would work.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »
I've got it. Fuck it.
 >:(
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2010, 04:10:40 pm »
Cracked open the Lemsip Max Day & Night. I'm being stoic, it's an appealing trait in a man. I'll be telling my missus how stoic I am for the next couple of days. ;D

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2010, 04:15:11 pm »
Cracked open the Lemsip Max Day & Night. I'm being stoic, it's an appealing trait in a man. I'll be telling my missus how stoic I am for the next couple of days. ;D

:D

You brave, brave man ... I'm expecting a visit from Katherine Jenkins, who should forgo the chance to visit troops in Afghanistan and come here and cheer me up instead. I'm clearly more deserving.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2010, 04:16:51 pm »
:D

You brave, brave man ...

The concept of 'Bravery' is often thrown around lightly, so I appreciate your comments Paul. Only the brave amongst us can truly recognise bravery themselves.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2010, 04:18:05 pm »
The concept of 'Bravery' is often thrown around lightly, so I appreciate your comments Paul. Only the brave amongst us can truly recognise bravery themselves.

Exactly. Quite how we didn't get onto the Pride of Britain awards I will never know...

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2010, 04:21:32 pm »
Exactly. Quite how we didn't get onto the Pride of Britain awards I will never know...

It's precisely because we don't like to talk about these things, you know, the whole 'suffering in silence' thing which is an often overlooked element of man flu.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2010, 04:57:15 pm »
Looks like mine is clearing up just in time for the Festivities.

Hang on in their lads. You're all so ruddy, bloody brave.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2010, 04:58:56 pm »
May the force be with you.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2010, 05:01:32 pm »
Looks like mine is clearing up just in time for the Festivities.

Hang on in their lads. You're all so ruddy, bloody brave.

Thanks mate...

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2010, 05:02:55 pm »

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2010, 05:35:23 pm »
Great post.

2). Central heating can weaken the bodies natural defence system.

Two basic provable facts in my eyes.

Im warm blooded as they say, i wear shorts all year round and hardly ever feel the cold. Last Friday the cold did get the better of me and i decided for the first time ever to put the central heating on in my bedroom......................

Biggest mistake ive ever made in my life. So so paying for it now with Man Flu that has knocked me off my feet for the past 5 days.
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2010, 05:40:11 pm »
*touches wood*

I think I've beat the worst of it...just hope Liverpool doesn't batter me again.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2010, 10:38:39 pm »

Im warm blooded as they say, i wear shorts all year round and hardly ever feel the cold. Last Friday the cold did get the better of me and i decided for the first time ever to put the central heating on in my bedroom......................

Biggest mistake ive ever made in my life. So so paying for it now with Man Flu that has knocked me off my feet for the past 5 days.

The chances are that the sequence of events was that you picked up a cold virus, which initially caused your body temperature to drop (hence your statement that "the cold got the better of me"), and in the following 5 days you experienced the rest of the symptoms of flu.

Apologies if that's too scientific but it's one of those common misconceptions that being out in the cold somehow increases your chances of getting a virus - if that was the case then Antarctic researchers would have almost permanent infections but in fact almost never have colds/flu.
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2010, 10:39:11 pm »
I think more people off here need to meet Kesey. Or just lighten up. Either would work.

Exactly right sweetie pie

:-*

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2011, 07:05:40 pm »
Fucking well under the weather me. Been in bed since Wednesday lunch, strong fevers of 40 degrees at night and 39 during the day. Am fucking sneezing every 2 seconds and feel as weak as fuck. Urrggggh.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2011, 02:35:51 pm »
Badly went down with this yesterday...(reaches for the beechems)
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Online ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2011, 03:00:00 pm »
When people say sweat it out, does it actually work?

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2011, 03:01:05 pm »

To an extent. If you have the chills then don't, you're best cooling yourself down as much as possible.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2011, 04:34:53 pm »
Fuck knows whats up with me,

My eyeballs are dead sore - feel bruised,
Heads bangin,
My whole bodys aching allover,
Feel sick all the time,
Sore throat,
Cold,
And......my little finger has swollen and it really sore to touch. Not sure what significance the little finger holds, but its never happened before.

And i gotta continue because i started a new job recently and don't want to be off sick like - doesn't look very good.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2011, 11:06:20 pm »

i tried this at the gym before and then a really hot bath. no it doesnt.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2011, 12:12:05 am »
Anyone else had it in the last 48 hours. Something fucking nasty has attacked my face.

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2011, 12:17:01 am »
Me too, grim. Safe to say I just bossed through it and its gone now.

Who am I kidding, I've been lying on the sofa all day, reading the transfer forum and considering topping myself.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2011, 11:07:15 am »
There's an actual shot for Man Flu. You can buy it in Sainsburys in the medicine section. I checked the ingrediants and it contains caffeine and a shit load of vitamins. I'm sure you'd be better off with a hot lemsip and whiskey.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2011, 11:08:48 am »
There's an actual shot for Man Flu. You can buy it in Sainsburys in the medicine section. I checked the ingrediants and it contains caffeine and a shit load of vitamins. I'm sure you'd be better off with a hot lemsip and whiskey.
When you say shot, is it a needle, or a shot glass type shot?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2011, 12:22:02 pm »
Just a wee shot you drink. Like those redbull caffeine hits that are all the rage atm. It seemed abit like a gimmick to be honest.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2011, 12:23:59 pm »
ballache.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2011, 07:31:29 pm »
Just a wee shot you drink. Like those redbull caffeine hits that are all the rage atm. It seemed abit like a gimmick to be honest.
Fair do, ta. I did got through a phase, for about a year almost of taking multi vits, and I didnt get a cold in that time.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2011, 07:35:23 pm »
Anyone else had it in the last 48 hours. Something fucking nasty has attacked my face.
:lmao I know I shouldn't; but that last line creased me. You could go to so many places with that. ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2011, 10:49:37 pm »
MAN FLUE ??????????   so when i get it  does it become  WOMAN FLUE ??
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2011, 11:41:14 pm »

:lmao I know I shouldn't; but that last line creased me. You could go to so many places with that. ;D
;D  I've been bad mate, real bad  :(