Author Topic: Morrissey  (Read 15929 times)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2018, 06:54:20 pm »

For example, if he had merely stated that the killing of animals by having their throats slit was barbaric then I think anyone could rightly agree, however once you start down the religion path, you're almost imploring people to criticise you.

But its because of religion that animals are killed in a more barbaric way.  If we are going to kill animals for food then it should be done in the best way possible. In the opinion of Morrissey and many others, religion prevents this. So to criticise Judaism and Islam is bang on.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2018, 07:01:13 pm »
Colonel Gadaffi couldn’t lay down a bass hook, that should be clear even to you
Strange one that,as he had all the tools to be a success.Fingers reminiscent of cumberland sausages,like fat tongued bassist Mark King

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2019, 10:03:16 pm »
The old fascist has-been is at it again

Morrissey Wears Far-Right Political Party Pin on “Fallon”

The For Britain Movement, founded by an anti-Islam activist, has thanked Morrissey for his support.

Last night (May 13), Morrissey played his cover of Jobriath’s “Morning Starship” on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” During the performance, he wore a pin featuring the logo of the For Britain Movement, a far-right UK political party founded by anti-Islam activist Anne Marie Waters. He has also come under fire for wearing the pin at recent concerts. (The For Britain Movement has thanked Morrissey for his support on its website.) Pitchfork has reached out to representatives for Morrissey and “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” for comment.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2019, 10:04:00 pm »
What a c*nt.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2019, 10:11:11 pm »
Nauseating man.

Always has been.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2019, 12:10:53 am »
He's one of Britains greatest songwriters and artists, and I'll never stop loving his music, but this whole shtick now seems overly forced to me, really really tryhard.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2019, 08:31:42 am »

Racist granpa.

Truly, truly disappointed...
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2019, 11:38:53 am »
Breaking:Twat acts the twat.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2019, 11:43:24 am »
The For Britain Movement is a minor[5] far-right[2][3][6] political party in the United Kingdom, founded by the anti-Islam activist Anne Marie Waters after she was defeated in the 2017 UKIP leadership election.

"Waahhh, I didn't get to be leader of this particular cesspool so I'm going to make my own cesspool!".

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2019, 09:13:51 pm »
He isn't racist because everyone is.

‘Everyone ultimately prefers their own race’: Morrissey claims he’s not racist because everybody else is

Former Smiths singer Morrissey explained in an interview that he couldn’t possibly be a racist because everyone else is racist.

Morrissey came out for the anti-Islam political party in England, and has run into problems about his political claims ever since. As noted by Consequence of Sound, “it doesn’t help that he says thing like Halal certifiers support ISIS, of course.”

He made the comments as part of an interview with his own nephew Sam Etsy Rayner, for Moz’s website.

“I think [For England leader] Anne Marie Waters is the only British party leader who can unite the left and right. I don’t know any other party leader who even WANTS to do this,” Morrissey said, before admitting he knows nothing about any other party. “The UK is a dangerously hateful place now, and I think we need someone to put a stop to the lunacy and to speak for everyone. I see Anne Marie Waters as this person.”

But then he proclaimed the opposite, saying he can speak for everyone when it comes to race.

“If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off,” Morrissey said. “The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist? The people who reduce every conversation down to a matter of race could be said to be the most traditionally ‘racist’ because everything in life is NOT exclusively a question of race, so why make it so? Diversity can’t possibly be a strength if everyone has ideas that will never correspond. If borders are such terrible things then why did they ever exist in the first place? Borders bring order.”

The interview comes just a month after rambling comments about his support for England, while admitting he has “never voted for anyone in my life.”

Read the full report at Consequence of Sound

What a c*nt & this is the c*nt he thinks should speak for us all.

Anne Marie Waters (born 24 August 1977) is a far-right politician in the United Kingdom. She is the founder and leader of the anti-Islam party For Britain. She is also the director of Sharia Watch UK, an organisation launched in April 2014.In January 2016, Waters launched Pegida UK in conjunction with activist Tommy Robinson and far-right politician Paul Weston.

Having unsuccessfully attempted to become a Labour Party parliamentary candidate, Waters joined the UK Independence Party (UKIP) and stood in its 2017 leadership election. She came second, with Henry Bolton winning.She subsequently left UKIP to form her own party, "For Britain", in October 2017.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2019, 11:27:45 pm »
Manc blert

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2019, 06:53:06 am »
What an unpleasant man.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2019, 07:30:45 am »
Definitely going for that niche rightwing vegan crowd. No one else is working in that space.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2019, 08:29:14 am »
Definitely going for that niche rightwing vegan crowd. No one else is working in that space.

You sir, are Bill Hicks & I claim my $5.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2019, 09:57:34 am »
Not sure why everyone's hating on Morrissey.  Thought that he was great in Men Behaving Badly.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2019, 02:28:40 pm »
Not sure why everyone's hating on Morrissey.  Thought that he was great in Men Behaving Badly.

Neil Morrissey's a knobhead*

Stephen Morrissey, well, he's worse.

*<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Nne93GnAAU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6Nne93GnAAU</a>
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2019, 04:47:33 pm »
Neil Morrissey's a knobhead*

Stephen Morrissey, well, he's worse.

*<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Nne93GnAAU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6Nne93GnAAU</a>

It's Steven!

I think a lot of this 'racism' stuff has gotten in the way of the musical and creative aspects of the man.

Read the first few pages of this thread, it's nothing but compliments on the lyrical and melodical genius of Mozza. Compare that to the last 2 pages of the thread. Full of nonsense about political views and news about offensive comments.

I've said it before, but for me The Smiths are the greatest British group of the last 40 years - without question. And Morrissey now being a cantankerous old man with questionable views will not change my admiration for that band.

It's a bit like the Michael Jackson thing - after the documentary about his child-loving proclivities came to light recently, some people called for his music to be banned and said they'd never listen again. But what is that going to achieve? Jacko being a paedo simply does not change the fact that musically and creatively the man was on another level to everybody else.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2019, 07:15:15 pm »

Cant forgive him for what he did to our Les Dennis.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2019, 07:19:51 pm »
Has turned into a right odious twat over the years.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2019, 07:20:23 pm »
Has turned into a right odious twat over the years.
He always was.
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2019, 07:24:32 pm »
He always was.

Always.

I've never liked his music,wrist slitting shit.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2019, 07:26:44 pm »
Always.

I've never liked his music,wrist slitting shit.
I’ve a,ways hated the smiths whilst appreciating their brilliance.  His Whiney voice drives me to distraction.
W

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2019, 07:29:35 pm »
This is the only good Morrissey in the entertainment business

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2019, 07:40:29 pm »
Cant forgive him for what he did to our Les Dennis.

What did he do to Les Dennis? I don't really know.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2019, 07:41:12 pm »
What did he do to Les Dennis? I don't really know.

:D Top answer

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2019, 07:52:39 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2019, 08:38:47 pm »
This is the only good Morrissey in the entertainment business

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2019, 12:04:32 am »

To paraphrase Tim Burgess .... 'the irony of 'meat is murder' vegetarian Morrissey turning out to be a gammon'  ;D