Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 39751 times)

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"  George Bernard Shaw

radiofc.com | last.fm | soundcloud | @radiofc

Offline gibber_blot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pearl Jam
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2006, 04:21:18 pm »
Would love to have seen Soundgarden in their prime.

I saw them twice in one week a few years back :scarf  It must have been on their final world tour. Fecking loved it. That Chris Cornell has a very high vocal range... he must wear some tight underwear.

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2006, 06:14:56 pm »
Just got 2 tickets for Pearl Jam in the Point Depot!!!!!!!!  I can't really believe it.  Feel like I am 15 again to be honest... Fcukin savage....

Anyone else succeed?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"  George Bernard Shaw

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 07:25:09 pm »
Saw them on their first UK tour, am pretty certain it was their first. Can't remember where it was. The only thing I remember is wah-wahing the guitarists wahwah during his solo for their first? single - the famous one (or at least I think it's famous). I thought I was pretty good at wahwahing, tho the guitarist simply couldn't keep in rythym with me. Best bit tho was when Eddie Vedder jumped into the crowd to be held aloft AT THE SAME TIME HE DID IT IN THE VIDEO !!!  :D

Offline hoobastanker

• Kopite
  • Ye dirty halien Ye
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 07:52:25 pm »
Just got 2 tickets for Pearl Jam in the Point Depot!!!!!!!!  I can't really believe it.  Feel like I am 15 again to be honest...

When will they go on general?
Xabi for Ireland

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2006, 08:35:37 pm »
9am on Saturday. I Think I'll be queing outside my local ticketmaster all morning :D
Meh

Offline hoobastanker

• Kopite
  • Ye dirty halien Ye
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 02:10:09 am »
9am on Saturday. I Think I'll be queing outside my local ticketmaster all morning :D

Cheers dude :)
Xabi for Ireland

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 02:53:37 am »
Just got 2 tickets for Pearl Jam in the Point Depot!!!!!!!!  I can't really believe it.  Feel like I am 15 again to be honest... Fcukin savage....

Anyone else succeed?

Nice swan mate...are they 52.50 thats what ticketmaster seem to have beside them?

Better get up early Saturday morning tho.  ::)

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 08:34:51 am »
Pair of tickets cost me 152.75 USD (123.066 EUR) or roughly 61.50 EUR each

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 09:14:22 am »
Those boys can play. I'm a bit of a Neil Young fan & I was lucky enough to be up in the stage wings during his set when Pearl Jam were touring with him at Reading 95.

I was stood behind Eddie Vedder's guitar tech & so  had the set list taped right in front of me. So I could see what was coming next ... trouble was it never came ... They did so many wild solos between them all that they got through about half of the songs planned, even for a short festival set .....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 09:20:43 am by nige »

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2006, 09:40:24 am »
Fucking raging  :butt  :butt

Had entered my CC details when the fecking computer crashed and by the time I got in again, Dublin had sold out.
Got two for Prague so will have a nice weekend with the missus. Gonna have to try and get two on general sale on Saturday.
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2006, 02:09:20 pm »
Fucking raging  :butt  :butt

Had entered my CC details when the fecking computer crashed and by the time I got in again, Dublin had sold out.
Got two for Prague so will have a nice weekend with the missus. Gonna have to try and get two on general sale on Saturday.

fcuk that man - I actually managed to start buying dublin tickets before they were listed with all the other shows - figured out the sequence number based on the other show urls :) - it took almost 5mins to come back when it did the credit card verification and I was sure I was bombed out as it came back again to the billing address page but when I checked the ten club order tracking it was listed so I was sorted. 

What venue are they playing in Praha?  We went over to see Iron Maiden there last year and I'm wondering if it's the same spot...

Offline IrishDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2006, 04:51:39 pm »
It's the Sazka Arena apparently.

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2006, 07:00:24 pm »
Just remembered Maiden were in the T-Mobile arena.  Sazka looks pretty neat.  Enjoy it man... and also enjoy the budvar and staropramen  8)

Offline TOGH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2006, 07:16:45 pm »
Anybody get lucky then?
Ended up having to work this morning so went up to the shop during my break at 10 and was told he had sole had 2 minutes past 9 :butt...., gonna really have to hope i get my leeds/reading tickets sorted now
Meh

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2006, 02:16:37 pm »
I got another 4 online yesterday morning.  Guess this was my lucky week with tickets. Think they are all taken but if there are spares I'll let you folks know...

YNWA

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2006, 09:06:54 pm »
Got 2, cant fucking wait, been my favourite band since 91, flying over to Dublin for the night, what is the point like?
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Leesa

• Kemlynite
« Reply #57 on: May 1, 2006, 06:23:04 am »
Look forward to seeing them myself here is Seattle.  Love them!!!!

Offline IrishDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 1, 2006, 10:15:50 am »
Nice one, sorted for the Point.  ;D

Going to see Radiohead on 22nd in Edinburgh, flying over to Dublin to see Pearl Jam on 23rd before coming back the next day and driving straight to Leeds to see Pearl Jam again on 25th. Cannot fucking wait.

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #59 on: May 2, 2006, 02:00:27 pm »
Nice one, sorted for the Point.  ;D

Going to see Radiohead on 22nd in Edinburgh, flying over to Dublin to see Pearl Jam on 23rd before coming back the next day and driving straight to Leeds to see Pearl Jam again on 25th. Cannot fucking wait.

you'll be fcuked but who cares!  I am heading to see the head in marlay park the day after PJ so it should be quite a week...

Offline kevindublin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 2, 2006, 09:05:13 pm »
awww i tried for the Dublin ones but was too late

Offline IrishDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2006, 12:09:41 pm »
Just wondering what opinions you all have on the new record.

I'm quite the fan. I already prefer it to Riot Act and Binaural. Some quality tracks but the second last one "Come Back" is the standout for me. The first time I listened to it I was totally blown away.

"Severed Hand", "Marker in the Sand" and "Parachutes" are brilliant also.

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2006, 01:18:50 pm »
Yeah it's decent but I need to give it a few more listens.  Parachutes and Unemployable are the ones I tend to return to more than the others.  They slated it on Tom Dunne last week and reckoned Pearl Jam wouldn't be the band they are now if they had released this album as their first album.  I reckon this is a nonsense argument and not one too many bands would stand up to.  It's easy to knock PJ but I say if you don't like it change the channel or eject the disc...

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2006, 09:37:29 am »
Tickets are still available for the gig in Paris on Sept 11th.  I got a pair on the pitch yesterday for €84 all in and flights are €110 each.  Can't believe I'll get to see the lads twice in one year..

Rock on...

Offline IrishDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2006, 09:44:06 am »
Yeah I saw that. Tempting, but my work are already kicking up a stink about me taking time off to go to Dublin and Leeds (I haven't even told them about Prague yet).

Paris might just be taking the piss.

Offline Deadlogic

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2006, 09:43:09 pm »
I didn't actually like the new album on first listen - which for me is a huge thing.  I've been a fan since 91 and absolutely loved everything they've done.  But, after 2 or 3 listens I started to love this record too.

I'm now of the opinion that it is at least as good as Vitalogy - which is probably my favourite Pearl Jam album to date.

Has everyone managed to watch the Letterman gig, and the Jools Holland stuff?

Belter.

hoonin

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2006, 01:41:14 am »
I'm now of the opinion that it is at least as good as Vitalogy - which is probably my favourite Pearl Jam album to date.

Vitology was a dark, dark album! Took me a while to really get into it and felt a little disappointed at first, but I think that was partly due to the huge shadow that Vs cast. Vitology is not not exactly an easy listen, but on reflection its defo one of their best.

Its hard to compare that album to their newest one though as my life (and subsequently my musical tatste) is vastly different to what it was in the early to mid 90's. I would have to say that Vitology is probably better for me overall as it was more relevent and all encompassing than "Pearl Jam" is for me today. Defo would say there are similarities between the two records.

Nothing comes remotely close to Vs though. Its simply one of the finest albums I have ever purchased and rocks from start to finish. If you wanted a candiate for a band who blew away the "tricky second album" theory then Pearl Jams "Vs" does it for me.

Did they ever better this? No for me.

Offline kiwimark

• Kopite
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2006, 02:12:04 am »
Got 6 tickets for the Sydney COncert.  will be 4th time to see them.  Can not Wait.

Offline IrishDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2006, 09:42:38 am »
Vitology was a dark, dark album! Took me a while to really get into it and felt a little disappointed at first, but I think that was partly due to the huge shadow that Vs cast. Vitology is not not exactly an easy listen, but on reflection its defo one of their best.

Its hard to compare that album to their newest one though as my life (and subsequently my musical tatste) is vastly different to what it was in the early to mid 90's. I would have to say that Vitology is probably better for me overall as it was more relevent and all encompassing than "Pearl Jam" is for me today. Defo would say there are similarities between the two records.

Nothing comes remotely close to Vs though. Its simply one of the finest albums I have ever purchased and rocks from start to finish. If you wanted a candiate for a band who blew away the "tricky second album" theory then Pearl Jams "Vs" does it for me.

Did they ever better this? No for me.

Probably not - although Yield and No Code came close IMO. It is a masterpiece.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2006, 03:49:13 pm »
Looking through all the Pearl Jam CD's I have is like looking through an old photo album.  I can remember exactly what point of my life I was at and what general kind of mood I was in.

Vs was a masterpiece but it still surprises me how much headnodding and foot-tapping goes on when I listen to No Code and Yield - neither of which I particularly liked when they were first released.

I just 'acquired' their latest and am working my way through that, good to see they are still on form :)

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2006, 12:37:57 pm »
I had booked a ticket, flight and accommodation for the Pearl Jam gig in Paris on Sept 11th but I cannot go now. The ticket and flight are currently in the process of being sold but I have a TWIN ROOM in a hotel going if anyone is interested.

Here is the name of the hotel so do a search on google and see what you think.

Saint Christophe
17 Rue De Lacepede
75005 Paris
France

The price of the room was 117 euro and Ryanair will not give me a refund the b*st*rds! If you are interested please make me a reasonable offer and we'll arrange payment and change of names etc.

If no one on here is interested I'll try my luck on eBay.

Offline PortlandRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2006, 07:15:08 pm »
Last time I saw Pearl Jam was back in 2000 at the Rose Garden here in Portland.  They were ace.  They're a band that won't play 10 songs and jet.
"Winning is not a sometime thing" - Vince Lombardi

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2006, 02:27:15 pm »
as discussed already here is the listing on eBay for a ticket and hotel package I am selling:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/PEARL-JAM-PARIS-CONCERT-TICKET-PLUS-TWIN-HOTEL-ROOM_W0QQitemZ140021287659QQihZ004QQcategoryZ16067QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The reserve is only 70 euro so it is surely a bargain for anyone who wants to go see the legends playing in a city as cool as Paris. Flights on Sept 11th aren't too dear either for some reason :)

22/08/2006 - THIS ITEM HAS NOW BEEN SOLD
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 09:55:01 am by omerta »

Offline IrishDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2006, 10:22:04 am »
Finally got the witness the majesty of Pearl Jam live again last night, 6 years since the last time.

What a gig! What a gig! The crowd were so up for it. I have never sweated as much I think.

The newest stuff sounded great, the old favoutires were as beautiful as ever and there were the usual little twists and gasps of "are they really going to play that?".

Inside Job
World Wide Suicide
Severed Hand, Animal
Do The Evolution
Given To Fly
Corduroy
Gone
Marker In The Sand
Daughter/(It's Ok)
Better Man
Why Go
Education
Even Flow
Life Wasted
Rearviewmirror

Indifference
Black
Crazy Mary
Alive

The Boys Are Back In Town
Leash
Fuckin' Up

Only 36 hours until I get to do it all again  :)

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2006, 04:44:30 pm »
I actually felt a little let down by Pearl Jam - perhaps I'd built the thing up too much in my head - I thought they were going through the motions at times and also guilty of being rather self-indulgent.  The set didn't really flow at times either.  Eddie's voice was in great shape though and I got to hear and see one of my favourite bands live.  I'd rate it 6/10.

Radiohead at Marlay Park last night, however, was something else altogether - absolutely fantastic - the setlist covered the entire back catalogue, thom's voice was in top form as usual - how does he do it after so long I wonder?! Sound quality for an outdoor gig was very good. Overall I'd rate the show 9/10.

Here is the setlist:

01 Airbag
02 2+2=5
03 The National Anthem
04 My Iron Lung
05 Morning Bell
06 Videotape
07 Nude
08 There There
09 The Gloaming
10 Pyramid Song
11 Paranoid Android
12 Just
13 All I Need
14 Idioteque
15 Lucky
16 How To Disappear Completely

Encore 1:
17 Like Spinning Plates
18 Bangers 'n Mash
19 Karma Police

Encore 2:
20 Everything In Its Right Place
21 Creep

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2006, 10:04:16 pm »
Pearl Jam on the highlights of Reading/Leeds on Been 3 in 30 mins :wave

Offline TOGH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2006, 05:24:58 pm »
Just back from Leeds there and what a bloody weekend, Pearl Jam were by far the highlight ( I was only about 6ft away from him when he came down to meet the crowd).  Put on a great show and really cannot wait till i get to see them again :)
Meh

Offline Boston-Sox

• He's a Yankee Doodle Dandy...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2006, 08:31:23 pm »
saw them in seattle they were awesome ;D

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2006, 11:31:34 pm »
Pearl Jam on the highlights of Reading/Leeds on Been 3 in 30 mins :wave

thats either a contradiction in the sentence, post modernism, or one very short programme
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline TOGH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 6, 2006, 12:03:24 am »
Bootlegs now available on the Pearl Jam website, brings it all flooding back :D
Meh