Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Questions are being raised about how the test are being carried out. Potentially safe installations may be condemned because the complete installation isn't being tested.

Which should mean the installation has to be retested because the first test was incompetent, which means even more expense.

Unbelievable.  Couldn't make this shit up.
I thought last week May said they could test the cladding on a 100 towers a day odd that so few have been tested so far.
I think seasons have become too up and down for us to wait a year to be honest

There was a time in 2009 or so where I'd have been happy to see us wait a year for a top target as it seemed like finishing in the top 4 was a given every year. Now though, it feels like anyone can fall out of the top 4 in any season if they drop the ball a bit. It reminds me a bit of that Rodgers quote, it's like building an aeroplane while its in the air. I don't think its in our best interests to wait a year for the sake of 20m euros or whatever the gap is between current valuation and release clause, and we can't assume that we'll be the frontrunners to sign him next season. If Klopp thinks we need a CM now, I hope we sign the best CM available now.

Personally from what I've heard about Keita, I'd be happy enough to give up on VVD for the summer (especially since its unlikely to happen regardless), go for the inevitably cheaper option at CB and free up some money for Keita. If only because the prospect of

-----Dream version of Keita-----
-------------Coutinho--------------
--Salah-------------------Mane----
---------------Firmino--------------

makes me weak at the knees

Like I said, it's about how good the alternative is. There's no point whatsoever in paying half as much to sign an alternative that's half as good, that we won't get much use for. But if we're choosing between Brandt and Salah, it's another matter.

Regardless of the price, ultimately we need what we need to achieve what we want to achieve.
The club has closed rank on information going to the press and journo's, so why is Matt Hughes the exception to the rule? Does he honestly know what FSG have told Klopp? Absolute bollocks he does.
It's a tricky one really. If we can't sign him next year, do we wait? Do we sign someone else this year too? Difficult decision for the club.

There doesn't seem to be any point haggling, RBL hold every ace here. They're an ambitious club in their first season in the CL, he has a long term contract and they don't need the money. If £70m is their "price" it seems likely we'll just have to pay it if we want him, unless he rocks the boat (which seems very unlikely). I doubt this one will happen for those reasons (sadly). Also, if the club do have alternative options, how long can we afford to wait to see if a deal for Keita pans out?

I think seasons have become too up and down for us to wait a year to be honest

There was a time in 2009 or so where I'd have been happy to see us wait a year for a top target as it seemed like finishing in the top 4 was a given every year. Now though, it feels like anyone can fall out of the top 4 in any season if they drop the ball a bit. It reminds me a bit of that Rodgers quote, it's like building an aeroplane while its in the air. I don't think its in our best interests to wait a year for the sake of 20m euros or whatever the gap is between current valuation and release clause, and we can't assume that we'll be the frontrunners to sign him next season. If Klopp thinks we need a CM now, I hope we sign the best CM available now.

Personally from what I've heard about Keita, I'd be happy enough to give up on VVD for the summer (especially since its unlikely to happen regardless), go for the inevitably cheaper option at CB and free up some money for Keita. If only because the prospect of

-----Dream version of Keita-----
-------------Coutinho--------------
--Salah-------------------Mane----
---------------Firmino--------------

makes me weak at the knees
Can't see this happening, wonder if we can agree a deal in principle with RBL and Keita for next summer?

Why can't you see it happening?

When people say it's not going to happen as the club don't need money. Madrid, Barca, Utd, PSG don't need money but they still sell players, it's football.

If the player wants out he will get out. It's simple.. no point keeping an unhappy player.

He has a release clause next season so will leave then anyway.

Problem Liverpool have if they don't get him this year then Munich will more than likely come in for him. If they don't sell then that will be the main reason. German clubs just love doing business with Munich and keeping it all within Germany.

If Liverpool offer around 60m he will be a Liverpool player.
Don't know where to put this but I'm sure it will become part of the fall out.

Queen to receive £6m pay increase from public funds

The Queen is to receive an 8% increase in her income from public funds, after the Crown Estate posted a £24m rise in profits.

The Sovereign Grant, which pays for the salaries of her household, official travel and upkeep of palaces, is to be £82.2m in 2018/19 - up more than £6m.

The grant is based on the profits of the Crown Estate portfolio, which includes much of London's West End.

The Crown Estate posted a £24.7m rise in profits, to £328.8m, in 2016/17.

How rich is the Queen?

The increase in funding will take place as extensive repairs are being carried out at Buckingham Palace, costing £369m.

To help pay for the work at the palace, the percentage of the Crown Estate profits paid to the Queen will increase from 15% to 25% between 2017 and 2027.

It comes as accounts revealed the Queen's official net expenditure increased by £2m, to almost £42m, last year.

The Queen and the Royal Family's official travel cost the taxpayer £4.5m during 2016/17, up £500,000.

Clarence House has also released its annual accounts, which showed the Prince of Wales' annual income from his hereditary estate, the Duchy of Cornwall, increased by 1.2% - to £20.7m.

Sir Alan Reid, Keeper of the Privy Purse, said the Queen represented "value for money".

"When you look at these accounts, the bottom line is the Sovereign Grant last year equated to 65p per person, per annum, in the United Kingdom.

"That's the price of a first class stamp," he added.

"Consider that against what the Queen does and represents for this country, I believe it represents excellent value for money."

However, Republic, which campaigns for an elected head of state, published its own report on royal expenses.

It said, once security and other costs were included, the annual bill for the monarchy was nearer £345m.

Graham Smith, the organisation's chief executive, said said that was a "massive bill for the taxpayer" to support "privileged lifestyles".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40412343

And then one of them comes out and tells us that it's a shit job and no one wants to do it. it's the old 'money won't make you happy' line that the rich spout.
That's why they are all so keen to pay their taxes
Not
Not quite what he said.....

If you look at all his tweets and replies, essentially Leipzig have named a price so big they don't think there's a chance we'll pay it...
And that's because they don't intend to sell...

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/879263662627860480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thisisanfield.com%2F2017%2F06%2Fnaby-keita-move-gains-momentum-claims-player-wants-leave-leipzig%2F

It looks to me like Honistein thinks they've named a price, and if we pay it we'll get him.

So it does come back to whether the club is willing to pay that sum.

Frankly I think if we manage to raise a stack of funds via sales, we'd be crazy not to go for him. If we think he's the answer to doing something huge - like winning the title, what exactly would be the point of getting someone we feel less confident about?

But it comes down to whether we have someone else in mind, who might do nearly as good a job. If it ends up being a case of getting Mané instead of Gotze, then I think we'll all be happy. If on the other hand we land.. Balotelli instead of Sanchez (accepting of course that we matched Arsenal's bid), then we've screwed ourselves pretty hard.
Poor article that.

Sorry but I can't see that being true. If VDV pushes for the move to Liverpool then what are they going to do? Lose out on 60m?

Liverpool said that they respect Southampton decision that he isn't for sale. Now they is no harm at all asking Southampton if that has changed at any point. Also if Southampton have accept a bid from another club then he is for sale and we can bid.

VDV holds the key here though but I sorry I just can't see Southampton turning down such massive amount of money. Their new manager is smart and has played for us. He will understand that selling VDV swill help him build a new squad etc.

I don't think this is over as yet. Not as if VDV has come out and said he wants to stay at Southampton is it?

And why is Matt hughes one with information and writing story and not Joyce , Pearce etc
In different parts of the country, 60 blocks of flats have been investigated.  60 failures of fire regs.

100% failure rate so far.

With hundreds, ney thousands of blocks to check, it will be interesting who picks up this bill, when the dust has settled.

This will probably rumble on for years.

Questions are being raised about how the test are being carried out. Potentially safe installations may be condemned because the complete installation isn't being tested.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10