Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Said in the WC thread, but if they remove the need for the on pitch ref to review the footage and just go by the decision of the video refs then that decision would have taken around 10-15 seconds from incident to whistle. During this time the game played on as normal and should the decision had been that it wasn't a pen the game wouldn't have been interrupted at all.
Any of us refuses to name accomplices & we're getting an extra year or two just for that & none of this suspended sentence shite either.

A fucking guilty plea as well.  :butt

On the bright side the pair of twats will need to be looking over their shoulders for the rest of their lives.
Penalties at World Cups:

1994 - 15
1998 - 18
2002 - 15
2006 - 17
2010 - 15
2014 - 13
2018 (12 out of 64 games) - 7

Mysticism out..justice in.
General Football and Sport / Re: The Golf Thread
« Last post by 4pool on Today at 02:35:19 PM »
The same crowd gving Poulter shit also chanted Fleetwood, Fleetwood on 18 when he finished.

Poulter wasn't whinging about the crowd after two rounds as he played well enough. When his game went south on the weekend, he got some shit over it. However, he wasn't the only one.

Poulter used it as an excuse for his poor play, imho. At the Ryder Cup the crowd gives him shit at the US venues, yet he relishes it. Plays his best golf.

The crowd was loud and boisterous. But that's New Yorkers in general. Anyone been there know how New Yorkers are. Being at a golf tournament isn't going to change them.
Another Rampant Seasonal Exchange / Re: General thread.
« Last post by DiŽ Nullfuenfer on Today at 02:35:11 PM »
Does he seem open to a move now? I remember him wanting to stay at Leverkusen to continue his development but if we (Klopp) can promise him more, we could certainly make him reconsider.

I saw him for the first time yesterday and really liked the look of him. Seems a smart player, who wants to play football with quick touches, not afraid of taking on the man. His age is a big plus too and I definitely saw reasons why we were after him.

Maybe we give 120m of the Coutinho money to Leverkusen and ask them to give us Havertz, Bailey and Brandt? :D

Alas no! There is nothing to suggest he wants a move, quite the opposite really, he signed a new deal and commited his future to Leverkusen a few months ago.

As for the other playres, wouldn't want Bailey, I have serious doubts about his character, comes across as a right brat. But yeah, Havertz and Brandt are fantastic talents, who will likely stay where they are next season.  I could see them cashing in on Bailey if they cash in on anyone.
A Sweden win is bad news for Germany btw.  They play each other next match, where a draw would go a long way to putting Germany out.
« Last post by DiŽ Nullfuenfer on Today at 02:32:39 PM »
We should just give them both away, and in fact send a nice dowry with them to help them settle in at their new clubs.

::)

Ings is young, fit again and in the current market has to be £20m at least.  Troy Deeney was being valued at double that.

Sturridge is more challenging I'll grant you but he's £10-15m in my view.

Problem is, not many teams would take even that sort of risk on a player who hasn't managed a full season in about 5 years.  Unless it's heavily weighted by add-ons. But then also the buying team would likely not be willing to give him a big contract either.

I can see him staying till the end of this contact - just one year left I think? Then someone will take a chance on a free and he'd probably get a better deal for himself that way too.
Another Rampant Seasonal Exchange / Re: Xherdan Shaqiri
« Last post by Nessy76 on Today at 02:31:49 PM »
My attitude might be poor too playing in the Stoke side --- for an attacking player (other than soft goals conceded) nothings kills team spirit than a lack of understanding how to play out and create opportunities.  For those like XS who know how, it has to be a scab that keeps getting picked ---  nothing kills team spirit and work rate in the attack than poor decisions and indecision.

Improvement might occur for him (not unrealistic improvement comparisons) just by being in a team who collectively defends and gives him the freedom to attack in ways he is familiar (learning new ways).

Exactly mate. I mean, the fact he signed for Stoke in the first place raises some questions about his judgement, but only in a very general sense.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Last post by Tepid T₂O on Today at 02:31:46 PM »
The Gutter is essentially pointless at the moment.

The first rule of the Gutter show is that almost all players are signed when Rob is on holiday somewhere hot.

Letís just pass his holiday daysss to the club and be done with it ;)

« Last post by kloppismydad on Today at 02:31:06 PM »
He does sometimes, but Kai Havertz tended to play centrally more last season, so Brandt plays wider. But he's played very effectively in a central attacking mid role for Leverkusen too. He isn't a classic winger at all, it's probably one of his best strengths is how comfortable he is left, right and centrally.  And he will often roam during games.

Does he seem open to a move now? I remember him wanting to stay at Leverkusen to continue his development but if we (Klopp) can promise him more, we could certainly make him reconsider.

I saw him for the first time yesterday and really liked the look of him. Seems a smart player, who wants to play football with quick touches, not afraid of taking on the man. His age is a big plus too and I definitely saw reasons why we were after him.

Maybe we give 120m of the Coutinho money to Leverkusen and ask them to give us Havertz, Bailey and Brandt? :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10