Author Topic: Last time Mancunian Teams or Big 6 got two penalty calls against them at home?  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Anyone know when the last time the Etihad or Old Trafford saw two or more penalties given against the home side?

The only one I can barely remember were the three given to Liverpool and scored by Gerrard (kissing the camera that day).

Would be grateful to know any of the big 6 -  the date and the scores of when a ref awarded 2 pens in a home team draw or loss.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 5, 2018, 04:57:56 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Are you going on Stars In Their Eyes as an Evertonian?
:D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never go full GOT, this just sounds bitter.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
You just named one example which was only 4 years ago ffs.

That's proof enough.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are you going on Stars In Their Eyes as an Evertonian?

No, I am just curious.  I think what we saw yesterday was a pretty rare event.  Curious to see just how rare.

My little one prevents much research in this area, between vomit and diapers (both my own from yesterday's debacle) -- I have some work to do :) 

Our foibles aside, the result left me asking these kind of questions --- how often do big teams get the  :jong
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You just named one example which was only 4 years ago ffs.

That's proof enough.

Man United ---->                    March 16th, 2014 - Mark Clattenburg (0-3 Loss)

Man City ----------->                   

Chelsea ------------>             February 2012 - Howard Webb (3-3 Draw)

Arsenal ------------->           August 17, 2013 - Anthony Taylor (3-1 Loss)

Spurs ---------------->               

Liverpool ------------>               February 4, 2018 - Jon Moss (2-2 Draw)
« Last Edit: February 5, 2018, 07:22:04 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never go full GOT, this just sounds bitter.

Frankly mate, I do not really care about how I sound in asking a question with a legitimate answer.

The real analysis may not underlie the theory, of which to that I am open to and do not have an investment in the end result. 

Just the data. 

Its people who poo poo collecting data in pursuing a question,  claiming the questioner is a television show mask for say bitterness or some personal defect, which offends.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2018, 04:27:50 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When was the last time we had 2 awarded at home against us prior to yesterday?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Surely it's always a pretty rare occurance for a top 6 side at home. Not least because being awarded two pens is rare in itself, but at home a top 6 side is likely to be doing more attacking than defending, so the chances of two penalties becomes less again.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When was the last time we had 2 awarded at home against us prior to yesterday?

That's not my question.  Although, one that causes some curiosity as well.

Would like the answer to this, but I was drawn to the rarity or infrequency of certain events --- not the predominance of them.

Good question, though.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know when the last time the Etihad or Old Trafford saw two or more penalties given against the home side?

The only one I can barely remember were the three given to Liverpool and scored by Gerrard (kissing the camera that day).

Would be grateful to know any of the big 6 -  the date and the scores of when a ref awarded 2 pens in a home team draw or loss.

Thanks!

Maybe my mind's playing tricks on me but wasn't the Gerrard camera kiss in a different game, the 4-1 at Old Trafford in 2009?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Surely it's always a pretty rare occurance for a top 6 side at home. Not least because being awarded two pens is rare in itself, but at home a top 6 side is likely to be doing more attacking than defending, so the chances of two penalties becomes less again.

I am not certain even where to look to find this information quickly --- other than a google search with key words etc... Even then, hard to tell if that's correct.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
He did it both times IIRC. 100% did in 08/09 though.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He did it both times IIRC. 100% did in 08/09 though.

Cheeky

Now this, I can do pretty quickly!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Gerrard took three pens at Old Trafford, scored two.

Hates that he changed his mind on the third otherwise he would have scored a hat trick of pens.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
This is ungoogleable - all you get is dozens of quotes from Manager X moaning that his team should have got two penalties against Club Y.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Arsenal conceded two penalties to Aston Villa at the Emirates on 17th August 2013 in a 3-1 defeat.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man City had two penalties against them at home back in October against Napoli, although they won 2-1.

Chelsea had two penalties against them at home when playing Man United in February 2012 in a 3-3 draw (one for the conspiracy theorists as it was Howard Webb who gave them).
« Last Edit: February 5, 2018, 06:48:15 pm by sms1986 »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Arsenal conceded two penalties to Aston Villa at the Emirates on 17th August 2013 in a 3-1 defeat.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man City had two penalties against them at home back in October against Napoli, although they won 2-1.

Chelsea had two penalties against them at home when playing Man United in February 2012 in a 3-3 draw (one for the conspiracy theorists as it was Howard Webb who gave them).

Thanks dude.

I think we should amend it to --- EPL games as the ref can get out of dodge a lot easier in the ECL -- as England is a small island for misfit referees in the prem  :)

Appreciate the Chelsea reference as well the ref --- I'll add the ref stuff too here later.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2018, 07:20:38 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is ungoogleable - all you get is dozens of quotes from Manager X moaning that his team should have got two penalties against Club Y.

Exactly.... which is why the data for this should be easier to come by in the future, if we get our ducks in a row.

By the initial look, open to change as well, this kind of event might happen once a decade or half decade --- in the prem?

Maybe there are some outliers?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
We were robbed, we should have had four penalties that day.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Its people who poo poo collecting data in pursuing a question,  claiming the questioner is a television show mask for say bitterness or some personal defect, which offends.

You do know when he said GOT he wasn't referring to Game of Thrones?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban

Hates that he changed his mind on the third otherwise he would have scored a hat trick of pens.

Would have been great as Gerrard got a lot of shit from the Mancs over the years and I'm sure the 1st game Gerrard went to in the flesh was Jan Molby's hat trick of pens against Coventry in the League Cup in 86/87.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

First thing that sprung to mind
Jurgen YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You do know when he said GOT he wasn't referring to Game of Thrones?

Um.... yeah of course.  Sure, I knew that.   Yes sir-eeee every day and twice on Tuesday!

Um no!  ohhhhhhhhh, Gerrard Old Trafford, well then.  This changes everything :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: