Author Topic: World Cup play offs and random friendlies, Nov 9-14.  (Read 66130 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: World Cup play offs and random friendlies, Nov 9-14.
« Reply #1320 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:47 pm »
Brazil-Spain-Egypt-Serbia probably as close as you could get to one

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1321 on: November 16, 2017, 11:58:15 pm »
Every group will be a group of death for England. Somehow manage two draws and a defeat ,fail to scrape through and home after ten days.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1322 on: November 17, 2017, 09:08:21 am »
The Engerrland diary.

Christmas (earlier this time it seems),  we have a very good squad

February   Our team is brilliant

April    Daily Mail/Mirror/Star   'Get behind our boys with our free 2018 Engerland cut out flag and cushion covers'

May  Southgate declares we can beat anyone

June (early)  We are red hot favourites to win the World Cup, just like every time for the past 50 years

June (mid)   England lose to Australia/Iceland/Senegal/whoever in group stage

Later that day    England fans riot in random Russian city by throwing a few chairs; then run like hell from the Russian fans and police

Later that week     England manage a glorious 0-0 draw but sadly (for them) exit the competition

End June    Star/Mail/Mirror     What a load of ould shite by a crowd of overpaid nancy boys

July    Southgate resigns.  Eddie Howe is appointed.

If you fiddle around with your TV contrast when Iceland are on and then squint, you can pretend Ireland are playing and everything will be right with the world  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1323 on: November 17, 2017, 09:34:03 am »
If you fiddle around with your TV contrast when Iceland are on and then squint, you can pretend Ireland are playing and everything will be right with the world  8)

No need mate.  We'll be in the pub laughing our legs off at the usual Engerland post mortems.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1324 on: November 17, 2017, 09:38:28 am »
I just dont understand how Australia can be counted as Asia. Do you consider yourself Asian? Anyway Australia being here deprive Asia a slot. Example Syria, what joy it could have brought a war torn country. Just play your final with New Zealand and represent your own fucking continent.
Japan's just round the corner, Bali,  Vietnam etc Alot closer than South America

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: November 17, 2017, 09:39:06 am »
No need mate.  We'll be in the pub laughing our legs off at the usual Engerland post mortems.

In fairness I'm sure that's what you'd have been doing in Russia, so probably saved a few bob not qualifying  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1326 on: November 17, 2017, 09:50:23 am »
In fairness I'm sure that's what you'd have been doing in Russia, so probably saved a few bob not qualifying  :wave

Don't be daft we'd have been hiding from the flying chairs and water cannons.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1327 on: November 17, 2017, 09:54:10 am »
It must kill the Irish spending all that time laughing at the English when deep inside they know we don't actually care anywhere near as much as they do.  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1328 on: November 17, 2017, 09:57:00 am »
Don't be daft we'd have been hiding from the flying chairs and water cannons.

They’d certainly be a shock to the Belfast contingent ( non football related I know).

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: November 17, 2017, 09:59:48 am »
It must kill the Irish spending all that time laughing at the English when deep inside they know we don't actually care anywhere near as much as they do.  ;D

Speak for yourself mate, I'm already drawing up plans for a huge England flag outside my house, and I've got confirmation from work that I'll be allowed to wear face paint for two weeks before, during and two weeks after the World Cup and that we'll be allowed to play England World Cup songs for the whole ti....

Yeah, we honestly don't. Well some do, but certainly not on RAWK. A very small percentage of English RAWK users give two fucks about the England national team, so yeah seems a bit of an odd place to vent.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: November 17, 2017, 01:06:12 pm »
I love the Irish but my word do they get full on Everton when it comes to England's football team.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1331 on: November 17, 2017, 04:42:26 pm »
I love the Irish but my word do they get full on Everton when it comes to England's football team.

'Denmark were shit in that first leg, no reason we can't win'
'Of course we got battered, look how bad our players are'
'Population etc'
'Best fans in the world'
'England lol amirite'

Glad they're not going. Was a toss-up between them and Denmark when the draw was made, that eroded very quickly though. Been long bored of the same old buzzwords coming up around them in place of anything actually interesting, heart, desire, fighting spirit, all that intangible bollocks.

And everyone is well aware that England will most likely be dreadful at the tournament, and our fans will disgrace themselves.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:49:03 pm by rowan_d »