Author Topic: Exactly what kind of owners would you prefer?  (Read 24455 times)

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Exactly what kind of owners would you prefer?
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:03:57 pm »
Ok it looks as though pinky and perky maybe on their way out. THANK FUCK.

Anyway there are a few threads on the subject. So as a one subject only basis I though I would ask the following question.

Exactly what do people want from any new owner and what do they expect from new owners ?

Offline dirkuglytree

• Kemlynite
Re: Exactly What
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 02:18:11 pm »
In a perfect world it would be someone local who knows the clubs history & traditions as a start.

Realistically though, someone who can clear enough of the debt to allow us to finance the new stadium & provide some transfer funds.

It would be nice if they could keep boardroom matters in the boardroom & leave the players and manager to do what they do best. Don’t really want a sugar daddy, as the club can look after itself with the increased revenue streams we have seen lately as long as it’s not saddled with unnecessary debt.

Offline belfast-connection

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 02:33:58 pm »
Ok it looks as though pinky and perky maybe on their way out. THANK FUCK.

Anyway there are a few threads on the subject. So as a one subject only basis I though I would ask the following question.

Exactly what do people want from any new owner and what do they expect from new owners ?

principally that they are new owners

but i suppose you'd want a Liverpool fan, or a football fan at least

someone who understands the club

someone who will do what's needed to address the past few years backwards drift (players, get stadium built - it would be nearly built by now if the spade had gone in in 60 days)

someone who will stabilise it and not expect to take money out of it

someone who will let it be self-financing after the new stadium is built

and won't interfere too much
HE SAID ‘BIGGER’ PEOPLE ‘BIGGER’. OK, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 02:36:40 pm »
Investment in the club itself. And a backing to the manager.

Offline pantbash

• is single and likely to remain that way
  • Kopite
  • A Bacchanalian - Still persecuted since BC
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 02:38:49 pm »
Competence
Atheism (from Greek, "athos" meaning 'hell', "eios" meaning 'demon' or 'Satan', and "ismos" meaning Liberal, literally "Satan's Liberal Helldemon")

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 02:43:45 pm »
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 02:46:23 pm »
Are they definately one their way out? if so, when!

Haven't been following this board at all so can someone give me a brief update.

royhendo

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 04:22:42 pm »
I worry about the m.o. of anyone taking a stake in the club now. They have to have loooong-term investment goals in mind, because there are no profits to be had in the short-term. There has to be some kind of value-add synergy as far as I'm concerned, otherwise why would anyone take a stake if they weren't die-hard fans with a few billion to spare?

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 04:26:46 pm »
Are they definately one their way out? if so, when!

Haven't been following this board at all so can someone give me a brief update.
To get a good idea about what is most likely going on check out Waltonred's posts from around Monday morning.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 04:52:29 pm »
A good looking bird with nice legs, big tits and a wad of cash would be nice.

In a purple top.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 06:33:33 pm »
new stadium is the biggest priority for me

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 07:31:53 pm »
Don't put your own debt onto the club.
Help the club find the loans to build the stadium.
Until the stadium is built, don't take any money out of the club.
Don't talk to the media often.
Allow the football decisions to be made by the football men.
Only make changes at a managerial level if you're absolutely certain and when you do act, act decisively.

Once the stadium is built I don't care if the owner then takes a decent dividend out of the club, but until we're in a solid financial position with the stadium built and paid off I would hope for the good of the club they'd hold back from taking anything out.....obviously this is basically saying we need someone in for the long-haul, that's willing to put off any kind of big profits until 5 or 6 years down the line.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 07:45:30 pm »
Someone who is seen not heard.
Someone who doesn't necessarily throw money at it, but builds solid foundations for success.
Someone who is thinking five to ten years ahead.
Someone who will back Rafa and his vision for the academy.
Someone who realizes that success takes time and constantly changing manager is not the answer.
Someone who sees Liverpool Football club as that, a football club!!

A lot of points, but not that much to ask for.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 08:08:05 pm »
What do I want? An owner who is buying a sports club, not a business. A new stadium. A Board with at least one member who has first hand knowledge of the playing side of professional football, and one who is experienced at Football Administration at an elite club. Someone who wants to enjoy owning a football club and look forwards to coming to matches home and away, and who can finace the club on a sustainable basis.

What do I expect? Another group of International Businessmen who are looking to see what they can get out of the club, and not vice versa.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »
if new owners are coming in and that's a massive 'if ' they need to have concrete plans and funds available (equity not borrowed or loaned) for construction of a new stadium and for clearing the clubs debt. These are the two most important factors for the clubs long term stability and in my opinion take priority over any transfer funds that we may need for new players. This may lead to a stagnation in terms of performance on the pitch but a few years in the wilderness would be a small price to pay for a club run on a sound bussiness plan.

But I wouldn't holdmy breath

Offline withgreataplomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 08:40:37 pm »
I don't care who, or where they come from, as long as they are coming in to make the club debt free, and with a suitable investment in squad and new stadium,
and they are doing it as a football fan, not as a "pump and dump" like that other pair of shiterags.

Chinese, Indian, even if they are green with wings and come from the Alpha Centauri system, as long as they take over the club, for the right reasons I'll be fully behind them.
"There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all"

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:02:28 am »
I want fan as owners - anyone else will either be a sugar daddy (like Man City) or leeches (like Glazer and our very own H&G).

I know its a distant dream :(
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 10:08:22 am »
So it begins.

For me, 3 simple things;

1] Remove debt
2] Fund new stadium
3] Low media presence

The role of the new owners should be about ensuring the smooth running and functioning of the club. No hasty decisions, massive outlays of cash to woo fans, no outlandish promises or dodgy TV interviews.

Take financial matters off the back pages and begin to develop the club. The manager should be guaranteed a fixed transfer pot subject to some flexibility if the situation warrants. No chasing the stars (literally), no 'CL +PL  win in 4 years or out'. None of that. Slow, steady progress, incremental but noticeable improvement.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline rednewbie

• Legacy Fan
  • get involved!
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 10:12:11 am »
In a perfect world it would be someone local who knows the clubs history & traditions as a start.

Realistically though, someone who can clear enough of the debt to allow us to finance the new stadium & provide some transfer funds.

It would be nice if they could keep boardroom matters in the boardroom & leave the players and manager to do what they do best. Don’t really want a sugar daddy, as the club can look after itself with the increased revenue streams we have seen lately as long as it’s not saddled with unnecessary debt.

i would actually prefer a businessman over an lfc fan. take a look at what a fan can do newcastle case in point. you dont want a person to make emotional decisions or buy pele cause he was hot shit and was in his fantasy football team whe he was a lad

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 10:50:53 am »
This is what I’d like, although not sure how realistic it is.

G&H gone completely. As much as it galls me to see them make a profit I don’t really care as long as they are gone. And with todays news it looks like they are heading along those lines anyway.

The new owners to come in and straight away be honest about what their plans are. And appoint a board with footballing knowledge.

I don’t want them to come in and say look we’ve cleared all the debt completely for you.

What I’d like to see is that they initially say,

“ look were putting say 25 mill towards the debt this year. However, we are also putting £50 mill to Rafa, and he has a 2 year remit with that money to bring some success, ideally the league title, but if were out this year, then back into the CL the next year.

After the first year we’ll look into what the team requires again. Our success the previous year will define on expenditure for the next year. If Rafa only requires to spend a further 10 million then that’s what the manager will get. We will not throw silly money year after year on a succession of transfers that don’t come off. With a decent budget to begin with we expect to be able to not require 3 or 4 players every transfer season. Transfers out would be on top of the initial 10 million if required. If not we put it towards the debt reduction.

After the initial 50 million injection on the squad, we will focus on commercial aspects of the club so that as the debt is reduced we will gradually be paying less and less interest.

We are interested in some sort of fan ownership within the club. We’re unclear at present how this would proceed but we’re willing to discuss options. A fan representative on the board would be welcome. We thoroughly encourage the concept of SOS/Share LFC in becoming minority shareholders and are prepared to discuss percentages and costs. However, we would expect to see some sort of formal plan from those involved and progress on funding.  A percentage of money paid in by this organisation would primarily go to provide an over and above payment of the clubs debt, and hopefully a percentage to supplement the managers transfer fund if required. The money will not go directly into the existing shareholders pocket.

If at some time in the future the club requires selling then SOS/Share LFC would be offered the club at the going rate provided we feel it could sustain the club. If not, then we would offer an increased percentage at favourable rates if money has been set aside for this.

The stadium. Unfortunately this will be funded by debt. This is economic sense. But be advised that we will search for the best business partners throughout the world to help fund this so the actual debt is kept to a minimum.

We hope to make you proud. Now Any questions?

Thank you for that. I’m glad you like my purple top.”
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 11:30:43 am »
Decency and intelligence. Would make a change.

Offline Clonsilla Red

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 11:37:51 am »
as cuba gooding junior once said in the epic film that is jerry maguire - " SHOW ME THE MONEY", actually edit that

"SHOW RAFA THE MONEY"
Kenny Dalglish - 31/1/11
“The most important thing is the club.
“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club."

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 12:46:54 pm »
I don't know the full details (so excuse me if I do miss a point or two), but Arsenal seem to have a very good set up. They have debt, yes. Debt which is not too far from ours. However, it is on a proper mortgage on the new stadium. It basically pays for itself. Many of us on here may have a mortgage on a property. Many of us have debt. But most of us (i'd hope) would have serviceable debt.

Arsenal have that.

The stadium pays for itself, offers a return to invest in new players (how much though? I am not sure) and still, their owners seem to be happy and are no doubt making a return too. The key to Arsenal, is that their stadium is built. If they didn't have that, I am pretty sure they would be in a very similair position to us.

So key for me is simple:

- They have to reduce the short term debt. It is too big, and not sustainable.
- Then take out a better, strucutred loan/mortgage for the new stadium. Obtain sponsorship for naming rights to fund the stadium also
- The club would then have a serviceable, manageable debt. This would allow the glob to grow organically, and provide investment on and off the pitch, as well as make a return for the owners

Anyone who thinks an Arab, Russian, or whoever is going to walk in with £600-700m+ to buy a new stadiumn out right, clear all debt, and invest in players? Must be living in dream land. The reason that the investment happened at City (and not ourselves?)

- City were MUCH cheaper to buy
- Already had a brand new stadium (Although I don't think City own it?)
- And would leave much more free cash to buy players/tailor the club/team to their needs/wants

Simialir thing happened with Chelsea too. Bought relatively cheap, and invested the remainder of their money in the team.

If someone like that bought Liverpool? You are talking in excess of £1billion before they even get anywhere.

Anyway, going off on a bit of tangent here now. My main point is that I want us to have owners who will invest properly in the club and in the team. Will make sure the stadium happens. And any debt placed on the club/stadium, is mananged and serviceable.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
What kind of owners would you prefer?
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 12:50:38 pm »
With the potential sale of the club now looking more likely than ever, I find my thoughts drifting into the future.

We could end up with an owner whose heart is in the right place, but struggles to finance us. With a bit of luck and good management we would stay relatively competitive but the days of aiming for the league and probably even champs league are behind us.

Or we could end up as a trophy on a billionaire's mantle. We would compete at the highest level, attract the best players in the world....but would we feel like hypocrites, that we need to buy success, or would we accept that football is simply money driven now and enjoy ourselves?

As an outside shot we might get some kind of fan ownership. It would be hard at first but with every penny earned being plowed back into the club in 10 or 20 years we could be back on top for good. Do we want to risk that? Would our club endure for the interim?

I have left out the possibility of us being bought by another cowboy, as we all know that would spell the end for us.

Personally I am hoping for a big spender. I would love to see our club, and rafa, able to compete on a level playing field....and the likes of man city and spurs overtaking us leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
Re: What kind of owners would you prefer?
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 12:53:42 pm »
One's who don't lie and deliver on the promises that they make. I'm not expecting our new owners whoever they are to pronounce undying love for the club as whoever buys it will be looking at this as purely as business deal and a way of making money.
In short anyone who isn't like H&G and I'd like british owners, don't think is realistic though.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 12:54:42 pm »
In the hypothetical world I live in I would like the owners to:

- Clear the existing debt
- Not make any promises they can't be kept
- Finance a new stadium if that's what is agreed is the best for the future of the club
- Provide enough funds for the manager (hopefully Rafa) to purchase his first choice targets without throwing silly money around
- Insist that the manager does not have to sell before he can buy
- Support the manager in all footballing decisions
- Ensure that supporters groups like SOS are listened to

Don't ask for much do I?!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 12:54:54 pm »
sugar daddie and dont interfere in the team selection
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 12:55:28 pm »
With the potential sale of the club now looking more likely than ever, I find my thoughts drifting into the future.

We could end up with an owner whose heart is in the right place, but struggles to finance us. With a bit of luck and good management we would stay relatively competitive but the days of aiming for the league and probably even champs league are behind us.

Or we could end up as a trophy on a billionaire's mantle. We would compete at the highest level, attract the best players in the world....but would we feel like hypocrites, that we need to buy success, or would we accept that football is simply money driven now and enjoy ourselves?

As an outside shot we might get some kind of fan ownership. It would be hard at first but with every penny earned being plowed back into the club in 10 or 20 years we could be back on top for good. Do we want to risk that? Would our club endure for the interim?

I have left out the possibility of us being bought by another cowboy, as we all know that would spell the end for us.

Personally I am hoping for a big spender. I would love to see our club, and rafa, able to compete on a level playing field....and the likes of man city and spurs overtaking us leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

We don't need someone with the money City have. Look at how much Villa get to spend. Yes thereowner is rich, but not ridiculously rich like City's. Same with Spurs. Just want an owner who will build the stadium, and give Rafa a healthy (£40m :P) transfer budget each season. If he wants to make money out of the club, then so be it, I wouldn't care as much so long as the above things materialised.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 12:56:09 pm »
Ones who can grow the club; it's finances, its trophy cabinet, its ability to run itself.

I don't want Man City style billionaires, but owners who could support a decent transfer budget for Rafa every year whilst the club's in the growth phase would be good.

And a debt burden which can be managed without hindering the club's growth and success. That's something the current lot haven't done well at all. It'll be even harder for new owners as they'd need to find ways to finance a new stadium.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 12:57:13 pm »
I would hate having a sugar daddy almost as much as I hate the cancers we have now.

Enough money to keep the club running properly, uses the profits made to invest a reasonable amount in the side for the pretentions of the club, keeps quiet and lets Rafa run the side will do me.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 12:58:19 pm »
Ones who can grow the club; it's finances, its trophy cabinet, its ability to run itself.

I don't want Man City style billionaires, but owners who could support a decent transfer budget for Rafa every year whilst the club's in the growth phase would be good.

And a debt burden which can be managed without hindering the club's growth and success. That's something the current lot haven't done well at all. It'll be even harder for new owners as they'd need to find ways to finance a new stadium.
Why not? City owner like would be nice i would of thought lol.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 12:59:44 pm »
None, I want us the fans to own the club. It is the only future I can envisage for our great club. No rich sugar daddy success for me please. If players leave let them bloody leave. This club has always been about the fans, it is our passion that makes us quite unique. I know it is unrealistic, but I hope it is given a chance and explored.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 12:59:47 pm »
You need at least £1bn to clear the debts of the club and more to build the stadium if we dont want to borrow from banks.  Who else would be mad enough to be a happy chappie and throw a couple of notes after the last recession?
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 01:00:02 pm »
I'd prefer not to have owners at all. A continental sports club model is what I'd prefer, no chance of that though.

Offline ChrisV

• Main Stander
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 01:00:11 pm »
I think a sugar daddy would be good short term. The fact is that the club needs a lot of work, a new stadium, upgrade to the squad, debt reduction etc. We're in a pretty deep hole financially and to fix it I think may require someone willing to spend money that they know they probably aren't getting back. Hope I'm wrong but that's how it looks to me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 01:00:21 pm »
I personally would be utterly disgusted if we had a 'sugar daddy' scenerio. To be winning things just because we were throwing our weight around and outbidding everyone is something this club has never done.

I'd want owners with plans, vision, integrity, a knowledge and understanding of the Liverpool Way. Owners that would invest in the future as much as now. Owners that realise the history, tradition and views and aspirations of the club, the fans and the City. Owners that wouldn't just throw money at everything, but would act responsibly to themselves, the club, the City and the rest of Football. Owners that were long-term, patient and able to spot what needed doing early and then acting on those actions. Owners that would see youngsters and a stable environment as the future and long term success.

Owners that fit.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 01:00:40 pm »
I would like them to tick these boxes:

1) A LFC fan - not a kneejerking one, but one with a long term memory
2) A rich one - not just a little rich, but a lot rich.
3) One with no interest in what happens that money as he already has enough going on and is actually looking to offload some cash - maybe to reduce a tax bill
4) One who will leave the manager a big sack of cash and hand over his chip & pin number as he heads off on holidays for the duration of the transfer windows
5) If it was a young crackin' female who we could admire at half time in the directors box, that would be good too

Too much to ask?

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 01:02:00 pm »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 01:02:51 pm »
Why not? City owner like would be nice i would of thought lol.
Yeah lets buy titles like Chelsea, no bloody thanks. But then again I have been accused of being of the 'Sky fed generation wanting instant success', probably by people who actually own Sky subscriptions, so what would I know.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 01:03:47 pm »
I want an owner with the best for Liverpool Football Club in mind.

An owner who, given transfer targets by the manager, will tell him he can have as much as it takes to get those players.

An owner who will stick to his word, and not pile debt on the club in order to pay off his own debts.

An owner who will consult with the fans, through SOS or whoever, on important matters involving the club.

An owner who will plough profits (not all of course, he needs to make his own profit) back into the club to build us into a world force once again.

RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n