Author Topic: Leaving on a Jet Plane?  (Read 20268 times)

Offline Spirit Of Shankly

• Anny Roader
  • www.spiritofshankly.com
    • Spirit of Shankly
Leaving on a Jet Plane?
« on: April 14, 2010, 03:09:27 pm »
Spirit of Shankly's comment on recent reports with the ownership saga including questions for Martin Broughton.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Leaving-On-A-Jet-Plane--q--.html

Spirit of Shankly
Join your Union Now online at www.spiritofshankly.com

Like SOS on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @spiritofshankly

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Re: Leaving on a Jet Plane?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 03:16:38 pm »
Well in!

Offline L12

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:18:32 pm »
Not likely to get clear answers, even if a meeting is set up.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:21:13 pm »
Hope we can get some kind of response from him.

i doubt it though.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 03:22:22 pm »
Keep up the good work SoS.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:25:43 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 03:23:54 pm »
'Fat and Prosper' test - love it  :)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 03:28:00 pm »
An excellent approach, which we hope will get an agreeable response.

I feel that the last line of the article is a little missplaced though.

It's more of a veiled threat.

In the first instance, give the man a chance to respond. Then if he refuses , start applying the pressure. 

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 03:34:51 pm »
Would very much like to see the answers to those questions alright.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 03:37:36 pm »

In the first instance, give the man a chance to respond. Then if he refuses , start applying the pressure. 

We always give them a chance to respond first. And that last line and whole of last paragraph is to do with the Premier League and the e-mail campaign we did with them.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:25 pm »

I agree with this. SoS have already irretrievably damaged their relationship with Christian Purslow - so threatening an incoming chairman doesn't really do much more for club/SoS relations.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:41 pm »

We always give them a chance to respond first. And that last line and whole of last paragraph is to do with the Premier League and the e-mail campaign we did with them.
Furry-muff.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 03:42:17 pm »
'Fat and Prosper' test - love it  :)
Burst out laughing when I read that.

Nice one SOS. Keep it up.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 03:43:57 pm »
I agree with this. SoS have already irretrievably damaged their relationship with Christian Purslow - so threatening an incoming chairman doesn't really do much more for club/SoS relations.

Was that the outcome of the 'minutegate' stuff?

Is it 'irretrievably damaged'?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 03:44:58 pm »

Oh shit. I hope not. I thought it was a pretty plain out and out promise, and I hope he sees it as such.

Veiled threat.... FFS these bastards have robbed us blind and your worrying about hurting someone's feelings...

Get a grip mate.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 03:49:13 pm »
All it's saying is 'we won't go away,' and saying it with a sense of humour and a beat of emotion (which is hardly surprising.) Jeez. The Telegraph today kept alluding to the influence supporters' hostility (read SoS) has had on Tom and George's decision to sell and you guys are quibbling over tone.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 03:50:01 pm »
Oh shit. I hope not. I thought it was a pretty plain out and out promise, and I hope he sees it as such.

Veiled threat.... FFS these bastards have robbed us blind and your worrying about hurting someone's feelings...

Get a grip mate.
Get a grip !

FFS mate. we all want the same thing for 'OUR' club.

But walking in the door and saying, " can we please, please,please have a  meeting, oh go on please........ but if you won't meet us we're gonna' blow your knee caps off."       isn't axactly the best way of getting a foot in the door, is it now.

In the first instance, ask politely for your request.

Give the man a chance to respond.
If he slams the door in your face, THEN, and I mean THEN, crank up the pressure.

Not give me what I want or we'll hurt you!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:54:53 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 03:54:02 pm »
'We' sound like angry teenagers, if that's the tone you think will get results I'll leave you to it.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 03:54:44 pm »
Get a grip !

FFS mate. we all want the same thing for 'OUR' club.

But walking in the door and saying, " can we please, please,please have a  meeting, oh go on please........ but if you won't meet us we're gonna' blow your knee caps off."       isn't axactly the best way of getting a foot in the door, is it now.
Well yeah Richie. It probably is actually. And if it wasn't for the open hostility shown to the other pair of fat kunts by SOS, they'd probably be sat at the trough in the directors box of Anfield week in week out instead of realising how hated they are to the point of appointing this fella to sell the club for them.

And I don't want to turn this into an argument. It's not the right place. But while we're on the subject here...
What do you suggest...
A begging letter?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 03:59:04 pm »
This is what really does my head in. It's the same every time SOS make an announcement on here. Fucking loads of people come on complaining about one thing or another.

FFS... before going on at the only people who are trying to do something about our ownership, ask yourself a couple of things...
What are you doing about it?
Is your complaining helping in any way?
Are you a member?
Do you make suggestions of how things could be done better?
Do you just whinge?

Not trying to cause an argument. But you know what, take it how you want. I don't care. There's bigger questions to be answered. And seeing SOS are the only ones asking them, I will be grateful someone is at least doing something on my behalf.

royhendo

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 03:59:10 pm »
Well in lads :)

All it's saying is 'we won't go away,' and saying it with a sense of humour and a beat of emotion (which is hardly surprising.) Jeez. The Telegraph today kept alluding to the influence supporters' hostility (read SoS) has had on Tom and George's decision to sell and you guys are quibbling over tone.

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 04:00:37 pm »
Doubt a meeting with SoS will be high on Broughton’s list of priorities given the breakdown in the relationship with Purslow, and the "If you won't respond or meet with us, then as Tom and George have seen we'll be down to see you at our convenience". Line was totally unnecessary

Should be trying to take this opportunity to work constructively with Broughton rather than come across as another problem, if the ultimate aim is fan ownership then the tone of this isn’t going to facilitate it anytime soon.

Directing our ire at G&H is one thing, trying to rough up everybody else is another.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 04:01:27 pm »

And I don't want to turn this into an argument. It's not the right place. But while we're on the subject here...
What do you suggest...
A begging letter?

To be fair here, we are all after the same thing.

Although not a member of SOS, I've been on several protests and the like with them, so I see myself as on the inside looking out so to speak,  and not for one minute am I saying that SOS are wrong..........

But if you want something from the man in power-and thats exactly what he is.  Then you have to ask for it in a tactful way, and not try to bully him into it straight off.

All I am saying is  give the man a chance to respond, before treating him with the same brush as the other shity pair.

Yeah. he may well turn out to be as bad as the others, but give him a chance to show his colours before you firebomb his house!

Who knows. In the goodness of time, we may well have to stockpile the molotovs anyway, but lets start by trying the diplomatic approach shall we.

If it don't work, I'll happily stand in the front rank and light the rag on the bottle for you!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:07:03 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline scottishkop

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 04:06:22 pm »
Richie, go and read it again.
And that last line and whole of last paragraph is to do with the Premier League and the e-mail campaign we did with them.

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 04:08:33 pm »
What do you suggest?
A begging letter?

We represent 4500 paying members who are also your loyal customers.
Our facebook membership runs to 25,000 of those loyal customers.
We have concerns about the way the club had been run over the last 3 years and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you and understand what your remit and plans are for the club's immediate future.

A lack of interaction with the owners of the club has led to a situation where protests have been the only avenue left open to us to register our dissatisfaction.
This is in neither of our best interests, and indeed we'd much prefer the club to be run properly and allow us to focus on supporting our team.
With that in mind could you please contact us to arrange a meeting at your convenience?

Yours
SOS

Just an example off the top of my head.  It doesn't have snidey kiddy bollocks, it's more polite, it still implies that a lack of response or continued poor running of the club will be met with protests - but it doesn't suggest that we might turn up at someone's door in ski masks.

There are ways to operate - public letters in childish language doesn't get you respect, and doesn't get you what you want.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 04:11:25 pm »
Well done SOS.

I assume there's been no communication with Purslow at all since the disagreement about the minutes?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 04:11:32 pm »
Richie, go and read it again.
Furry-muff.
I think you'll find I've already answered that one.

As for Fat scouser.  He's using his considerable weight to push me, all I'm doing is standing my ground.

Fat Scouser and myself ultimatly want the same thing. Alls I'm saying is that persue the diplomatic rout, before going to war.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 04:11:34 pm »
Thing is Richie, it's the same all the time... SOS can't do right for doing wrong.

Be nice about it... people complain about going cap in hand, ever so humble, guvnor.
Put in a little reminder that the gloves are off and there's no pissing us about... people make the complaint you're making.

Little suggestion... Join. It's only a bloody tenner. And you can put forward all the ideas you want as a member.

Offline scottishkop

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 04:12:43 pm »
Honestly, some of you need to go and read it again.

This is the part about Broughton:
Spirit of Shankly will respectfully but firmly ask for an early meeting with him to seek answers to the questions that supporters want answering now:

This is the part about the Premier League:
Additionally, the Premier League continue to ignore fans who have asked pertinent questions about their "fit and proper" test (or in our Club's case "Fat and Prosper" test) - ignoring us will not work. If you won't respond or meet with us, then as Tom and George have seen we'll be down to see you at our convenience.

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 04:15:13 pm »
Thing is Richie, it's the same all the time... SOS can't do right for doing wrong.

Be nice about it... people complain about going cap in hand, ever so humble, guvnor.
Put in a little reminder that the gloves are off and there's no pissing us about... people make the complaint you're making.

Little suggestion... Join. It's only a bloody tenner. And you can put forward all the ideas you want as a member.

Sorry to elbow in to your argument, but you're describing two extremes when there's a middle ground.
And every time I think of joining - and there's been loads, I nearly did again a couple of days ago - something like this pops up when I think "not for me".

Offline scottishkop

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 04:15:36 pm »
I think you'll find I've already answered that one.
Fair enough Richie, just think that there is a complete difference in the way that they are talking about Broughton and the Premier League and think it's important that the distinction is made.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 04:15:51 pm »

No. No. you're  right!

I tell you what. On his first day in office, lets all go in and threaten him. Lets give him the why-fores  eh!

Then ask for what you want.......................... and see if he responds to your request.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 04:17:44 pm »
Sorry to elbow in to your argument, but you're describing two extremes when there's a middle ground.
And every time I think of joining - and there's been loads, I nearly did again a couple of days ago - something like this pops up when I think "not for me".
Yeah. Alright. Have it you're way. You and all the others like you won. I can't be arsed going through all this again. It's not the place.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 04:18:55 pm »
No. No. you're  right!

I tell you what. On his first day in office, lets all go in and threaten him. Lets give him the why-fores  eh!

Then ask for what you want.......................... and see if he responds to your request.
FFS LAD...
1: read. It's not even directed at him.
2: read what I just said to Bobby Davro.

I honestly dispair.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 04:19:21 pm »
Fair enough Richie, just think that there is a complete difference in the way that they are talking about Broughton and the Premier League and think it's important that the distinction is made.

Exactly. We have put questions to Broughton and respectfully, but firmly ask for the questions.

The Premier League part is separate and loads have sent in e-mails and they still haven't replied so we are asking for a reply again and if not we will go and knock on their door to see if they will give us the answers then.

Offline ferris05

• Hitler on a bus!
  • Kopite
  • A Waterloo-ite
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 04:20:04 pm »

Did everyone miss the above? Many fans sent a template letter to the Primier league questioning their 'Fit and Proper' campaign. They failed to respond to anyone, simply forgot it. SOS then apply a bit more threat. This isn't threatening the new fella.

Would also like to mention how the Man U fans  (albeit FC United fans) currently sing a song about how they hope Glazer is in a coma, and then go on to chant "Die die die..." etc. whereas our fans are ready to pounce on any form of aggressiveness from SOS. We're hardly 'fighting' for our dying club are we?
WE ARE THE ROAD END, THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE.

Offline ricky69

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 04:22:22 pm »
nice one
+5 ticket exchange

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 04:22:39 pm »
I concur.

And is it possible that this aggressive attitude could put off some prospective bidders?

Yeah we hate the c**ts in charge right now, but threatening the new Chairman before he's even at his desk isn't really going to help things.

Just an opinion of course.

Edit: my bad, read it wrong. Apologies.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 04:23:53 pm »
SOS as a member can I make a suggestion...
Write all communication in great big letters, with great big gaps between them. People seem to be having a problem understanding normal print.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 04:27:54 pm »
Edit: so can I take it this is NOT ACTUALLY a script of what SOS have sent to him. Merely an information release on the website to update members? If so ignore the below. If not then I stand by it.  its certainly not clear.

Well, as an SOS member I'm not really overly impressed with the veiled threat before the guy even has a foot in the door. Its just not needed - at this stage IMO.

However humorous or tongue in cheek it is meant to be it purveys a threat when none is needed. And unfortunately it does not read like its directed at the Premier League at all. Do you honestly believe that people like him give much credence to an opening letter that carries this kind of stuff?

As others, who may or may not be members of SOS - it doesnt really matter - have said, there was no NEED for the last bit IMO. Whatever you think it colours the letter with a poor undertone.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:32:18 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 04:34:05 pm »
Edit: so can I take it this is NOT ACTUALLY a script of what SOS have sent to him. Merely an information release on the website to update members? If so ignore the below. If not then I stand by it.  its certainly not clear.

Well, as an SOS member I'm not really overly impressed with the veiled threat before the guy even has a foot in the door. Its just not needed - at this stage IMO.

However humorous or tongue in cheek it is meant to be it purveys a threat when none is needed. And unfortunately it does not read like its directed at the Premier League at all. Do you honestly believe that people like him give much credence to an opening letter that carries this kind of stuff?

As others, who may or may not be members of SOS - it doesnt really matter - have said, there was no NEED for the last bit IMO. Whatever you think it colours the letter with a poor undertone.

It is an information release on our website to update members.