539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1451248 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
By Christ he makes me want to punch something.....hard
His face?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
His face?

Yup. Back of the head there is too much cushioning
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Yup. Back of the head there is too much cushioning

You might graze your knuckles on the buttons?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Astounding!

Its true the reason Mays deal failed was because Tories voted against it. Those votes for the deal and it would have won.

The MSM and people like Brandon Lewis blaming Labour but its the Tories that brought down their own deal.

Labour vote was united against the deal apart from the same few.

The Labour split is all about how soft of a Brexit it should be.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:24:21 pm by Big Jezza’s Jizza »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Where's that bellend from Wetherspoons disappeared to ?

Stood in a field, arms outstretched, scaring birds away.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Its true the reason Mays deal failed was because Tories voted against it. Those votes for the deal and it would have won.

The MSM and people like Brandon Lewis blaming Labour but its the Tories that brought down their own deal.

The Tories are a minority government. Their confidence and supply partners, the DUP, voted against it.

Therefore even if every single Tory MP voted for it it wouldn't get through without Labour support.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
So they're considering the possibility of the winner of Monday's vote vs May's Deal. You couldn't make it up, it's fucking hilarious.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sky talking to two women who are protesting in Parliament square.  Both want no deal. Hilariously they both have Russian accents.   :lmao

Must have been done deliberately.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
So they're considering the possibility of the winner of Monday's vote vs May's Deal. You couldn't make it up, it's fucking hilarious.
is this a heat or something?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........

They probably think it will scare more ERGers to vote for her deal, probably correctly,but she might also lose more Tory moderates if they have a softer deal on the table, hard to predict on the DUP, they would probably abstain.

I'm ot sure how you would even structure that vote!

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sky talking to two women who are protesting in Parliament square.  Both want no deal. Hilariously they both have Russian accents.   :lmao

Amazing...just watched them. The older one just looked like some witch. She said she wants all countries to be independent. Where do these people come from? So many flags (UKIP) out there...who paid for them?
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Amazing...just watched them. The older one just looked like some witch. She said she wants all countries to be independent. Where do these people come from? So many flags (UKIP) out there...who paid for them?

Chelsea FC

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man

Should have said to them " like the Ukraine?"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Trevor Noah shows off his British accents... and his John Oliver impression. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kiQns2PV5-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kiQns2PV5-Y</a>

He's right too - the UK is trapped in the biggest ever episode of The Crystal (meth) Maze!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking state of this twat.

Edit: Should clarify I meant Tim Martin's ridiculous nationalist bollocks, not Trevor Noah.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:49:53 pm by TheShanklyGates »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
Trevor Noah shows off his British accents... and his John Oliver impression. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kiQns2PV5-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kiQns2PV5-Y</a>

He's right too - the UK is trapped in the biggest ever episode of The Crystal (meth) Maze!
;D ;D ;D
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία

Apparently there are a couple of young attractive Russian models who are shipped in (by whom?) to all the big Leave events to stand behind the speakers. Not sure why. Maybe they think young blokes will sign up to the cause if they think they have a chance with them?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
A Labour MP sharing the same stage with ethno-nationalists and various far right clowns. Absolute embarrassment.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Labour vote was united against the deal apart from the same few.

The Labour split is all about how soft of a Brexit it should be.

It's not true at all,the Labour split is because of people like you who after coming to the party decided that the voting base didn't march how you all like,you then started insulting every fucker who didn't like the taste of jezzas piss and actively started working to alienate them from the party they have been with for their entire lives (unlike YOU).

Now go and wipe you chin.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Long overdue name change :lmao

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Re: Brexit thread - Just cancel it dickheads.
« Reply #19580 on: March 29, 2019, 05:11:31 pm »
DUP now saying they would rather stay in the EU than vote for May's deal

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19581 on: March 29, 2019, 05:11:38 pm »
Nigel Dodds has just said if the only way to protect Northern Ireland's position in the UK is to stay in the EU, then he would rather that than May's deal

Fair play. Abhorrent record on some things but they are correctly standing their ground here

I was explaining to a Brexiteer at work about the backstop and why it essentially would split the Union, and an alternative in the form of a hard border would breach our obligations to an international peace treaty. Certainly quietened him down from the Leave means Leave rhetoric he was spouting

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19582 on: March 29, 2019, 05:12:11 pm »

In which case they should vote for a second referendum on Monday.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #19583 on: March 29, 2019, 05:12:18 pm »
.............aaaaaaand it's going full circle.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19584 on: March 29, 2019, 05:14:00 pm »
May is pissed off she has had to cancel tonights Leave party, she was looking forward to strutting her stuff

Jurgen YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19585 on: March 29, 2019, 05:15:06 pm »
Rees Mogg getting harrassed outside HoP by Leave voters for voting for the deal.

The ultimate Brexiteer who has probably wanted this his whole life getting grief from people who only thought about the EU 3 years ago.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
A Labour MP sharing the same stage with ethno-nationalists and various far right clowns. Absolute embarrassment.

Which Labour MP?

Male or female?

London constituency?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19587 on: March 29, 2019, 05:19:01 pm »
Which Labour MP?

Male or female?

London constituency?

It'll be Hoey. It's always Hoey.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19588 on: March 29, 2019, 05:19:06 pm »
Just seen these letters in The Times:

Sir, Further to your leading article (“Never Norway”, Mar 27) , the idea that Common Market 2.0 is a non-negotiable unicorn is false. As recently as January Michel Barnier stated that the EU “would be ready to immediately support this evolution and respond favourably” to such a Norway-style proposal.

Nor would we be a “rule-taker”, as claimed. We would have powers over agriculture, fisheries, justice, home, defence and foreign affairs. On single market regulations we could negotiate opt-outs and would have a right of reservation. More than 400 EU acts have not been implemented in Iceland and Norway since the foundation of the European Economic Area.

Common Market 2.0 would respect the referendum result. We would leave the EU’s political institutions while continuing to benefit from a close economic relationship. Common Market 2.0 has its disadvantages, every real-world compromise does. But Common Market 2.0 can succeed where the government has failed so far. It is a serious, practical and deliverable option that is negotiable with the EU and which can bring together a divided country.
Nick Boles, MP; Stephen Kinnock, MP; Lucy Powell MP; Rob Halfon, MP

Sir, Your editorial makes the case against the Common Market 2.0 plan while David Smith (Business Comment, Mar 27) argues against being a member of a customs union on the ground that it restricts our ability to negotiate independent trade deals. A key feature of both arguments is that somehow this ability is a gain from Brexit. All the evidence is that in reality Britain is too small to negotiate anything better than that which already exists courtesy of agreements already agreed by the EU. The best we have been able to do is roll over these agreements, while Japan and the US are demanding more advantageous terms from the UK.

To give Mr Smith his due, he has also argued elsewhere that Brexit was a mad idea, and it is hard to disagree with that. But if we are to respect the result of the referendum, simultaneously obtaining the best trade deals on offer while securing an absence of a hard border in Northern Ireland, surely Common Market 2.0 is the best of the options likely to be available, bearing in mind that the evidence on net migration to date is that EU immigration is being replaced almost one for one with non-EU immigration?
Alan Gregory
Emeritus professor of finance, University of Exeter, Shaldon, Devon

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #19589 on: March 29, 2019, 05:20:56 pm »
May will definitely try WA4 - she’s that stubborn.

Whether Bercow or Parliament will allow it is moot. Today was amusing if only to witness Raab and Boris display their Simpson Grandpa gif about turn because they thought the leadership was up for grabs.

Then there’s Frottage on now bellowing about betrayal. I’m reminded of Spencer Tracy in “Inherit the Wind”, when he uttered the line, “You’re not just wrong, you’re wrong at the top of your voice”.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

And yet Corbyn wouldn't share the stage with Cameron during the referendum ::)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #19591 on: March 29, 2019, 05:23:14 pm »
Faisal Islam

Verified account

@faisalislam
 12m12 minutes ago
More
So @SamCoatesTimes says that dozens of MPs next week have a tutorial scheduled on what the customs union is from some trade experts...

Absolutely staggering.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19592 on: March 29, 2019, 05:23:48 pm »
Frottage has just praised the 50 Sunderland marchers who have arrived in London.

A terrible rate of attrition from the 200 who left the North East. Three out of four must have died from trench foot, plague and boredom.

Remember the 150 who died for Brexit.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19593 on: March 29, 2019, 05:24:19 pm »
Faisal Islam

Verified account

@faisalislam
 12m12 minutes ago
More
So @SamCoatesTimes says that dozens of MPs next week have a tutorial scheduled on what the customs union is from some trade experts...

Absolutely staggering.

I cannot believe that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19594 on: March 29, 2019, 05:25:26 pm »
Frottage has just praised the 50 Sunderland marchers who have arrived in London.

A terrible rate of attrition from the 200 who left the North East. Three out of four must have died from trench foot, plague and boredom.

I reckon many stopped off at a Little Chef or any out of town garden centres for lunch and then couldnt be arsed to continue.

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19595 on: March 29, 2019, 05:25:49 pm »

That sounds like something taken out of the Nazi book of folklore.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #19596 on: March 29, 2019, 05:26:06 pm »
Faisal Islam

Verified account

@faisalislam
 12m12 minutes ago
More

Absolutely staggering.
wow.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19597 on: March 29, 2019, 05:27:57 pm »
Just seen these letters in The Times:

Sir, Further to your leading article (“Never Norway”, Mar 27) , the idea that Common Market 2.0 is a non-negotiable unicorn is false. As recently as January Michel Barnier stated that the EU “would be ready to immediately support this evolution and respond favourably” to such a Norway-style proposal.

Nor would we be a “rule-taker”, as claimed. We would have powers over agriculture, fisheries, justice, home, defence and foreign affairs. On single market regulations we could negotiate opt-outs and would have a right of reservation. More than 400 EU acts have not been implemented in Iceland and Norway since the foundation of the European Economic Area.

Common Market 2.0 would respect the referendum result. We would leave the EU’s political institutions while continuing to benefit from a close economic relationship. Common Market 2.0 has its disadvantages, every real-world compromise does. But Common Market 2.0 can succeed where the government has failed so far. It is a serious, practical and deliverable option that is negotiable with the EU and which can bring together a divided country.
Nick Boles, MP; Stephen Kinnock, MP; Lucy Powell MP; Rob Halfon, MP

Sir, Your editorial makes the case against the Common Market 2.0 plan while David Smith (Business Comment, Mar 27) argues against being a member of a customs union on the ground that it restricts our ability to negotiate independent trade deals. A key feature of both arguments is that somehow this ability is a gain from Brexit. All the evidence is that in reality Britain is too small to negotiate anything better than that which already exists courtesy of agreements already agreed by the EU. The best we have been able to do is roll over these agreements, while Japan and the US are demanding more advantageous terms from the UK.

To give Mr Smith his due, he has also argued elsewhere that Brexit was a mad idea, and it is hard to disagree with that. But if we are to respect the result of the referendum, simultaneously obtaining the best trade deals on offer while securing an absence of a hard border in Northern Ireland, surely Common Market 2.0 is the best of the options likely to be available, bearing in mind that the evidence on net migration to date is that EU immigration is being replaced almost one for one with non-EU immigration?
Alan Gregory
Emeritus professor of finance, University of Exeter, Shaldon, Devon

No mention of FOM, I note and with regards to their response to their "rule taker" assertion, it dances around the fact that we will have given up the powers to vote down the single market legislation that they claim we could negotiate opt-outs of.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19598 on: March 29, 2019, 05:28:54 pm »
I cannot believe that.

I can, we're run by a bunch of fuckwits

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #19599 on: March 29, 2019, 05:30:42 pm »
Faisal Islam

Verified account

@faisalislam
 12m12 minutes ago
More

Absolutely staggering.

Shaking my head in disbelief
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019